Chinese Cartoons

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: Chinese Cartoons

Post by Remie Richards » #172391

Bottom post of the previous page:

That's why I was worried lol, woulda shattered my entire worldview :P
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #172395

Yeah Toradora is great
Spoiler:
MINORIN BEST GIRL
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #172427

Haha omg luluco 5.
Spoiler:
Over Justice is legitimately 2D in this episode, that joke will never get old.
私は完璧
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #172445

speaking of luluco 5, did you see what the space pirate's coat was made of?
Spoiler:

mother

fucking

LIFE FIBRES
I am so confused, is TRIGGER just trolling us?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #172446

Spoiler:
I did think that, but I resolved it with "it's pretty common for the undersides of cloaks/coats to have impossible/weird designs", Granted Mother/Daughter meeting in space is very Kill la Kill, as is the falling back down too, also dad's been out of commission for the entire series so that fits too, it's probably far too much of a coincidence and obviously a studio is going to have in-jokes.
私は完璧
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #172447

Spoiler:
well since the primordial life fibre came from space and it is explicitly mentioned that it's just one member of a species, it's entirely possible Luluco takes place in the distant future of KLK and Space Mom just found another life fibre somewhere

but as you said, it might just be an in-joke kind of thing, or maybe a plot device it leveraged from Kill La Kill so it doesn't need to explain why outfits transform their wearers into guns in this series
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #172448

Spoiler:
Oh god I didn't even mentally put the suit transformations with the rest of the evidence, it really is far too much to be a coincidence lol.
私は完璧
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #172461

>he didn't get into clannad

smh
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #172604

The ending of Mayoiga 5.
what the fuck.
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #172780

Episode 5 first half:

Holy fuck why does nobody seem to care that Lovepon keeps screaming at everyone to execute eachother and openly admits to wanting to kill Jack fucking tie that crazy bitch up already holy shit you morons.

Episode 5 second half:

Koharun is kind of suspect. She keeps deflecting questions. She says she doesn't know a lot about ghosts and such, claiming she's not an expert in the paranormal, when she first introduced herself to the group as someone who was studying folklore and paranormal stuff and is the entire reason the group knows the location of the village. While the group is starting to come apart, people definitely know more than they're letting on.

Also remember when they were doing group introductions, Toshiboy (blonde dude with the slicked back long-ish hair) introduces himself by saying "I don't think I was ever who I truly am! Anyway! I'm going to go all in from now, so be ready!". Which sounds like he's just energetic, but if you want to twist that to the extreme he could be admitting he's some kind of serial killer waiting to happen. Likewise "Pink Goddess" aka Yamauchi (older dude, short dark hair, kinda plain looking) says he's only a shell of his former self now that he isn't taking care of his parents anymore, and just wants to live a carefree life. Which sounds like someone down in the dumps after losing their family...but again this is a psychological horror anime so that could just be his reason for going over the edge.

Lovepon. Holy fucking shit Lovepon. Her reason for joining the trip was "...to protect my identity." She's fucking bonkers. She goes even more bonkers than ever before in this episode. Why is nobody locking her in the cage? Fuck. Guys come on.

Episode 5 Ending:

What the actual fucccccccccckkkkkkk?
I mean so
Spoiler:
There is something out there that changes appearance based on whoever looks at it, obviously. It seems to make scary sounds to drive people into dangerous situations, but alternatively it looks like it attempts to create something attractive to lure people towards it when it finally appears...it just does a really shitty job of it. Eg. appearing as a gigantic fucking Mitsu instead of a normal sized Mitsu. If you go back and watch what Yottsun says/does when he is drawn towards something he doesn't appear afraid or startled...so maybe his desire was so obvious or easily replicated it actually pulled it off. Later we see he seemed to have fallen off a cliff or whatever. His body wasn't mauled or mutilated. Unless that corpse was actually the thing again, trying to lure Mitsu away from the bridge and into deeper water.

In Episode 2 we see the bus driver actually had something or someone knock on his window to get his attention and draw him out of the bus. Prrrrrrobably the thing manifesting as his dead daughter? It couldn't have been anyone from the group as everyone was already accounted for at that point.

Finally the village song got mentioned again, second time since the first episode. We haven't quite gotten to hear the whole thing yet but it is getting pieced together. "Crying and wailing babe, what a hateful face. I'll take out the evil eyes. If I rip off your limbs..." and that's all we've got so far. Goofy 2spooky crap but it could be some kind of clue as to how the thing haunting the village operates. The only angle I can think of is that the song is talking about the thing taking the shape of a crying baby to try and draw someone to it, but they recognize it for being a monster and so they destroy it. I dunno.
Weird as fuck but this is actually turning into my anime-of-the-season.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #172838

Lovepon really needs to chill.
I hope she's the next one to go take a dive in the river or nearby cliff something.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #172848

People are starting to lose it, and it's great

Obviously discounting the already lost people like Lovepon

Also
Spoiler:
Brown hair girl, Masaki(?), did not seem put off in the slightest by the giant thing at the end
She gets any sketchier and she'll need her own dA page
Oh, and Boku no Hero continues to be okay
We saw best hero today, anyway
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #173075

lovepon needs two three chill pills
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #173225

Luluco spoilers:
Spoiler:
Technically Lalaco spoilers but she herself is a spoiler.
I got bored so I made her outfit for SS13.
私は完璧
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #173307

KnK ep 3. I hope waiting 2 weeks for this episode isn't some sort of formula to increase views. thought it was an okay 3rd ep, not much to say.
Mister_Doc
Byond Username: Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #173462

So I started reading Blame! and I gotta say, it's pretty awesome.
Matthew Rockatansky: Shitsec extraordinaire
Vladek Sapowski: Trust me, I'm an engineer
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #173491

Mister_Doc wrote:So I started reading Blame! and I gotta say, it's pretty awesome.
MY BRETHREN

I love me some techno-nightmare megaengineering eldritch horror
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #173494

EndgamerAzari wrote:
Mister_Doc wrote:So I started reading Blame! and I gotta say, it's pretty awesome.
MY BRETHREN

I love me some techno-nightmare megaengineering eldritch horror
Incredible art. Mystery. Horror. It's great.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #173499

I need to read more of Nihei's stuff, I've heard the anime of Knights of Sidonia is also good.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #173501

Mister_Doc wrote:I need to read more of Nihei's stuff, I've heard the anime of Knights of Sidonia is also good.
It is! Though they laid a romcom subplot on kinda heavy in the second season, it's still worth watching for that feeling of technoarcane mystery and body/cosmic horror.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #173509

Blame has great art and some really cool story elements
But ultimately it suffers from a lack of cohesion. The story never seems to capitalize on all the crazy shit going on and a lot of the flash lacks substance behind it.

It's still one of my favorites based on the power of the art alone and the way it creates vast open spaces. One of the reasons people like Attack on Titan is the sense of size and "roomy-ness" of it, Blame puts it to shame.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #173513

Yeah, the story is pretty hard to follow, but I kinda like the Dark Souls esque obscurity and mystery.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #173515

An0n3 wrote:Blame has great art and some really cool story elements
But ultimately it suffers from a lack of cohesion. The story never seems to capitalize on all the crazy shit going on and a lot of the flash lacks substance behind it.

It's still one of my favorites based on the power of the art alone and the way it creates vast open spaces. One of the reasons people like Attack on Titan is the sense of size and "roomy-ness" of it, Blame puts it to shame.
I feel like a lot of manga, anime, and Japanese games suffer from this--they establish this huge world and all the laws and rules and quirks and mysteries and rarely do anything with it (see: damn near everything Suda51 has made. I love his stuff, but good God, man).
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #173521

The problem with the "rule of cool" is that eventually your audience asks "but why, though?"

...and the problem here is that, if all you know is "the rule of cool" you come up with even more cool stuff that also lacks any explanation to explain the stuff your audience was asking about. So it looks deep but really you're just digging a bigger and bigger hole.

"Wow this world is really crazy! But why is it this way?"
"Well...uhh...these really mysterious overlords built it!"
"Oh cool! They look awesome! But why did they make it? Who are they?"
"Uhhh....uhhh....."
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #173526

I'd love to read something that dug more into the world of Blame! It feels ripe for some really good stories.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #173571

DBZ eventually went off the deep end with the rule of cool. The absurdity that Frieza was supposedly the most powerful thing in the universe but there was this constant stream of better dudes kills all suspension of disbelief.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #173688

Broly.

Just. Broly.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #174450

Luluco:
Spoiler:
Looks like that Life Fiber theory might be a thing
Mayoiga
Spoiler:
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST THAT TRAIN
Nevermind, not that scary
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #174697

Fucking hell Take that last spoiler just ruined the tone for me, after the episode ends, I come here and see that.
10/10 that's too good.

shit haha.
私は完璧
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #174788

god damn that episode was some nightmare fuel, lovepon is no longer the only one who needs a chill pill

as for the new space luluco episode
Spoiler:
mother fucking life fibres man, I wouldn't be surprised if Luluco turns out to be a descendant of Ryuko or Satsuki
Spoiler:
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #174809

yeah dude you predicted it spot on what a surprise that TRIGGER went in for the epic cool reference ot Hit AOTY Kil lLa KCashgrabill
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #174813

why do you still post in this thread, or anywhere
Spoiler:
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #174817

Macross Delta is pretty entertaining. Better than most of the other Macrosses thus far, hopefully it keeps up.
Remie Richards wrote:
An0n3 wrote:Has anyone watched Mayoiga?

This shit is...something else.
>reads my list enough to be mean about me not watching jojos
>doesn't notice Mayoiga

yes I'm watching it, yes it's good.
If by 'good' you mean a 'fun and hilarious trainwreck', I agree.

Lovepon best girl. Mitsumoe is stupendously funny sometimes, like the only thing he got out of talking to Lion about how she can 'see dead people', Maimai, and Nana cheating him into playing guard duty is 'I talked to alot of girls today'. He's a riot sometimes. I can't help but feel the entire show is a huge parody.

Also, in case you're wondering what's going on - they all died in the second episode falling off a cliff. If you check the bus driver's bruise, it entirely disappears between seconds before the crash, and immediately after the crash. Combine that with the nonsensical lack of injuries, let alone a scrape or bruise, and no one was knocked unconscious or anything despite there being no seatbelts, and it's very, very suspicious.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #174824

NOT THE BEES
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #175011

I watched Attack on Titan all the way through. Felt it had the same problem as Homestuck, in that really cool scenes were massively spaced out by a whole lot of nothing happening and filler. Also I had already seen the cool scenes on youtube so some of the flair was lost on me.

Also currently watching Jojo from the beginning. These are some high quality memes right here, mmm good shit. Also feel like it has the opposite problem from Attack on Titan in that jesus christ everything is moving as fast as it can go, and people keep talking about how much time that's passed when like basically all Speedwagon and Jojo knew each other for was like a week's adventure and then he died on a boat.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #175146

The first season has a very fast pacing because it tries to do the first two parts in just 2 cour (granted, they're the shortest parts).

Part 3 has two seasons (4 cour) all to itself, and as a result the pacing is much better. Encounters with stand users take 1-2 episodes each, depending on the complications that the stand causes for Jojo & Friends, and they run into a lot of stand users.

I'm not sure if the number of episodes for Part 4 is known yet, but some of its episodes do seem to rush just a little bit. Probably just issues where an encounter with a stand user is not enough for 2 episodes so they have to fit it in 1.
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #175276

latest hajime no ippo chapter hype
Spoiler:
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #175277

Ricotez wrote:why do you still post in this thread, or anywhere
are you mad
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #175384

Mayoiga:
Spoiler:
Mayoiga means delusion! that explains /everything/
私は完璧
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #175467

wrong dere
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #175468

Where y'all watching Mayoiga, I wanna get in on the crazy.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #175567

Through HorribleSubs, personally

If you're a pleb, I think they're ripping it from Crunchyroll
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #175568

yeah HorribleSubs.
私は完璧
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #175697

Saegrimr wrote:
EndgamerAzari wrote:Started watching Aldnoah Zero.

It's pretty decent so far.
Let me know when you get tired of Captain Autism Asspulls the Solution.

Still pretty good though.
I'm starting to see what you meant by this, but I still think it's refreshing to have a relatively emotionless protagonist who isn't a massive edgelord or something like that. He's just a really smart kid.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #175713

The biggest asspull of that show was that anyone is friends with him, let alone attracted to him.

He has the personality of a brick. He doesn't even try.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #175715

Well, so far he hasn't been really abrasive or anything, just really blunt and calculating. I will admit that he comes off as arrogant sometimes due to his weirdly cold and utilitarian strategies and suggestions, but most of the time he's just... being completely detached. I know the term gets thrown around a lot, but it does almost seem like he really is autistic or has some other kind of disorder. He doesn't take people's feelings or safety into account out of emotional attachment, he does it because of its practical and tactical value. It does make him seem really bland, but it's a refreshing change from a protagonist who succeeds just by trying REALLY REALLY hard and believing in himself or something like that.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #175721

I'm not talking about appreciating him as a character I'm talking about his social relationships as a person.
Everything is entirely one-sided, with other characters giving him affection and he doesn't respond or return any of it.

...yet people continue to be friends with him, or even become romantically interested in him anyway...?

He acts like he's got PTSD yet he's a shoe in for class president and starting his own harem.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #175725

EndgamerAzari wrote:It does make him seem really bland, but it's a refreshing change from a protagonist who succeeds just by trying REALLY REALLY hard and believing in himself or something like that.
Yeah that's very true.
I know how much japan loves to mix IF I TRY HARD ENOUGH WITH ALL MY TOMODACHIS I CAN SUCCEED with their high school themed military stuff.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #175757

Well, improbable friendships aside, I'm enjoying the series.
Spoiler:
Except for the edgy bitter I'm-not-a-martian-you're-a-martian-I-hate-all-martians-it's-not-fair-why-don't-people-hate-you girl
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #176070

I marathonned Highschool DxD's third season last night for giggles

Koneko is alright now

That is all
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #176147

An0n3 wrote:Yeah Toradora is great
Spoiler:
MINORIN BEST GIRL
Did I hear Taiga best waifu?
Spoiler:
CAUSE ITS TRUE!!!
Remie Richards wrote:Luluco spoilers:
Spoiler:
Technically Lalaco spoilers but she herself is a spoiler.
I got bored so I made her outfit for SS13.
Literally Turbo MILF

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.