Chinese Cartoons

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: Chinese Cartoons

Post by D&B » #245854

Bottom post of the previous page:

Malkevin wrote:
Timbrewolf wrote:Watching Acca because I hadn't heard of it before now.

What the fuck is going on with the sense of scale between people in this?

Some people are literal fucking giants, while others are like dwarves.
This is like fujoshit levels of QUALITY in terms of the proportions between people holy shit.
I can't ignore it. What is the fucking deal here?
It wasn't explained very well but I think that state has really big people (because it has really big produce) but the short people are from another state - it would make sense the people overseeing affairs of the state are from another state so as to remove positive bias.

Maybe the Hitler Youth MC will visit a state thats main industry is mining and is populated by dwarfs?
Maybe even the ACCA agents are giants for comedic affect.

firecage wrote:Okay. Watching Evangelion 3.0. Damn the rebuilds are SO much better than the originals.
I guess... if you're a fan of generic gundam-tier trash

Why did they add the big titted weird girl that likes to smell Shinji, what does she add to the show other than spank wank?

Where's the mental anguish of school kids being shoved into giant robots to fight aliens?
You know, the thing that made Eva unique.
Wasn't she added to mock current generation of anime watchers.

Which the creator fucking hates, apparently.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Limey
Byond Username: Limed00d

Post by Limey » #246874

I remember seeing the preview for Maid Dragon and thinking "damn dude this looks boring"

then the first episode came and I did too.
Usually plays as Aya Shameimaru, Remilia Scarlet or Rumia Kuroda depending.
Spoiler:
NSFW:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #246896

>maid dragon
BRB, googling.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #246899

'onii-sama e..' is riveting so far.

made decades ago, with art style kind of like logh but older??

I never knew high school drama was so intense, maybe this is why bored wives watch tv dramas.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #246976

miss kobayashi's dragon maid is great
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #247265

I got myself one of those kodi box things and it has some animes on it but I don't know much about what animes are any good

at the moment I'm working my way through Outlaw Star 'cause shlocky space opera stuff with pirates and magic in space is always fun but I dunno what other things are worth checking out since the last time I really watched anything was when I was living in a sharehouse that had an anime channel on sky that showed episodes of things completely out of any discernible order
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #247303

Finished assassination classroom season 1 and 2.
Good shit.
Now I need to decide what moeblob on my que is next to watch.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #247380

Screemonster wrote:I got myself one of those kodi box things and it has some animes on it but I don't know much about what animes are any good

at the moment I'm working my way through Outlaw Star 'cause shlocky space opera stuff with pirates and magic in space is always fun but I dunno what other things are worth checking out since the last time I really watched anything was when I was living in a sharehouse that had an anime channel on sky that showed episodes of things completely out of any discernible order
Watch katanagatari
D&B

Post by D&B » #249933

Goddamn goblin Slayer is fucking great
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #249945

I tried rewatching GITS because of the GITS movie and wow it's not as good as I remember it being. I miss being 16, everything was better back then.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #250169

Did you watch the original GITS movie or the recent remaster, which Lucas'ed the original work of art with terrible terrible unneeded CGI?

Edit: Also, after four episodes, ACCA 13 is proving interesting.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #250390

Stand Alone Complex. Never watched the remaster, only the original + innocence + some SAC episodes.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #250447

Oh yeah, SAC was weird.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #250453

I read that as "Super Aggro Crag" and that is an anime I would totally watch.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #251165

I'm trying to remember the title of an old OVA movie I watched on the UK's SciFi channel in the late 90s.

It was also restreamed on sputnik7.com back in the day.

Anyway, what I remember of it was that some progenitor race had seeded a bunch of planets in the galaxy to make life, first things were the dinosaurs.
Either the asteroid or the progenitors wipe them out on Earth and so mammals are reseeded.

The dinosaur aliens are on another planet and evolve and advance in tech quicker because of their head start but then attack Earth (set in the present), I think they might've boned their own planet or maybe they just resented humans because the progenitors liked them better.

Enter our hero, averageman, who meets a pretty woman - iirc she's an alien human from another seeded planet with mammals that the alien dinosaurs had already destroyed.
She reveals averageman has some special genetic code that grants him super powers or something and he fights off the dinomen.

I thought the show was called something like X Boy but I'm not getting any hits from that.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #253312

People tell me Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans is good, managed to crawl along up to episode 8 and its about as entertaining as watching paint dry.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #253476

I've tired of the second season of iron blooded orphans but the first one was okay.

Dragon maid going stronk.
Limey
Byond Username: Limed00d

Post by Limey » #255635

gabriel dropout keeps gettin better
Usually plays as Aya Shameimaru, Remilia Scarlet or Rumia Kuroda depending.
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #259726

Boku no Hero Academia 2 just over a month away

I enjoyed the first season and felt it was fairly faithful, hoping s2 doesnt fuck around too much
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #275386

I'm a dirty necromancer

Boku no Hero 2 is out and it's looking pretty good for 1 episode go have fun
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #292019

I had a thought about Hero Academia today while I was mowing the lawn.

Gravity chick is fucking awful at using her power. If she had any sense she would run around in the toughest, heaviest armor she could find that by using her quirk would weigh literally nothing. She could be sprinting around as the juggernaut, but isn't. Further, she could pick something really heavy as a weapon and then deactivate her quirk right as it connects and totally annihilate anyone.

I read the wiki and her limit is 3 goddamn tons! Even if she got nauseous she could just cancel her power and sit still and invincible for as long as she needs. 0/10 power use smdh
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #292022

Cromartie high is good
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #292393

Freddie. Freddie? Freddie *nod*.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #292395

Malkevin wrote:Freddie. Freddie? Freddie *nod*.
My favourite character is mechazawa, I dunno why they keep calling him a robot though
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #304531

Lil witch academia ep 22 review:

T H I C C can S U C C
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #304534

I just rwead one piece up to the end of dressorsa
ONe peice is fucking epic
now im reading the world god only knows and its chill too
i read FMA and binbougami-ga somewhat recently, both of those are fasntastic
uhh dungeon-meshi is extremely fucking win i suggest everyone read it, it's fairly short atm but it has great art and the writing is fun and the world building is excellent
sousei no onmyouji might be a bit too generic shounen but it's done by the author of binbougami-ga and i've been enjoying it a lot so far, too bad it's super early in right now.
also recently finished akumetsu which is brutally violent and a lot of fun
fire punch is extremely odd and graphic but pretty cool, also fairly early in though
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #304536

I haven't watched any anime lately though because I already watched all 5 good ones
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #306531

Inferno Cop 2 is gonna be a thing!
私は完璧
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #309138

If you are willing to read korean stuff hello hellper and magician are pgud.

A good manga I read recently was Soil new town. It's about a missing family and the terrible detectives out to find them, pretty weird.

Mousou telepathy is a fun too but it's in short one panel a time format.
D&B

Post by D&B » #309149

Goblin Slayer is fucking beast, the world is great.

Mousou telepathy is p good too, funny and lovely as hell.
Spoiler:
fuck you
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #309188

Finished working a while back, show is fantastic
Signature Memes

PanzerIV
Byond Username: Panzer IV

Post by PanzerIV » #309197

D&B wrote:Goblin Slayer is fucking beast, the world is great.
Why do I get the odd feeling that the person who made Goblin Slayer was heavy inspired by berserk
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #311399

I bought an episode of anime on Steam because it was 49p. There's anime on Steam.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #311831

Lumbermancer wrote:I bought an episode of anime on Steam because it was 49p. There's anime on Steam.
Just torrent man streaming is garbage
Signature Memes

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #313277

clitche but gud ended for snitch macadamia
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #315523

Someone on discord recommended I Am A Hero, so I read it. It was okay, but holy fucking shit was it maddeningly similar to Eden: It's an Endless World.
Spoiler:
>Zombies destroyed the world
>Oh shit the zombies are actually a hivemind
>Oh double shit the zombies are alien(?) and are trying to assimilate everything
>Wimpy protagonist slowly becomes badass
>Black-haired girl is important but dies
>Replaced by blonde haired punk girl who's even more important and dies
>Constant sex
>Some guy appears right at the end out of nowhere and tries to steal everything
They're like the exact same story told twice
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #315528

I finished Holyland last week and I think it might be one of my favourite manga ever now. It was fucking rad.
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #317860

I'm surprised no one calls them 'North Korean propaganda reels'.

Well, aside from possible confusion with the furry cartoon.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #317864

aw shit i remember that one
distantly because i don't think it had lizzers in it

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #340696

BUT
WHY

https://twitter.com/opm_anime/status/912330910820741128

Too long didn't translate:

One Punch Man season 2 is not going to be under Madhouse
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #340702

Just read the manga Miyura's art is so fucking beautiful, it flows so incredibly well
THere's literally scenes from the manga that you can play like a sort of flipbook and it animates perfectly
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #340703

The wait for Dungeon Meshi chapter 40 is fucking real. Reading helck in the mean time but fuck killed that in like 3 days. Gonna read Made in Abyss next probably then hate myself for adding another fucking ongoing manga to my list.
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #344875

[youtube]hTNYcnGv6JY[/youtube]

THE FUTURE
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #344891

Takeguru wrote:[youtube]hTNYcnGv6JY[/youtube]

THE FUTURE
what hath god fucking wrought
Limey wrote:its too late.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #360953

YO

i only found out this after reading azizi gibsons twitter BUT there was a manga i once recommended here called Inuyashiki...

it got turned into a japanimation so u should all watch it because its actually fucking great........
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #360959

Does it have anything to do with a dog boy stuck in an abusive relationship?
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #361007

Just finished watching Dragon Maid, it was
Spoiler:
ok
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #361012

cedarbridge wrote:Just finished watching Dragon Maid, it was
Spoiler:
ok
>not amazing

I really enjoyed it. I feel like it had a lot more room to get good though, the only real story happened at the end but I really enjoyed the whole "dragons getting cultured to society" thing. I'm hoping for another season
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #361029

CitrusGender wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:Just finished watching Dragon Maid, it was
Spoiler:
ok
>not amazing

I really enjoyed it. I feel like it had a lot more room to get good though, the only real story happened at the end but I really enjoyed the whole "dragons getting cultured to society" thing. I'm hoping for another season
It just kinda felt very sparse. I know slice of life isn't really meant to have direction or plot but it should have some sort of character exploration. The show makes several jokes that it doesn't bother exploring or explaining and then just keeps repeating them. The B and C plots are mostly ignored apart from passing glances in by the main cast. We get some of the "dragons getting cultured into human society" thing but it only reaches a sort of superficial level. Shit, most of it gets brushed aside until around episode 11 or 12.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #361030

>Dragons

Would slay
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #361078

Dragons are beautiful, but maids are degenerate.

Now dragon waitresses, that's a different story.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: