Chinese Cartoons

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Malkevin

Re: Chinese Cartoons

Post by Malkevin » #448962

Bottom post of the previous page:

This is a strange week, I've had both oranges and Demonfiren like something I've posted.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #448970

odds are you may slowly be turning reasonable
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #449621

Just watched the first dubbed ep of GS and I'm impressed.
Funimation didn't cut anything out for sensitive weebs and Brad Hawkins does a fantastic job playing a world weary dude without sounding like an edgelord.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #451922

I'd forgotten the second season of Castlevania came out last week for Halloween, not watched it yet.

Speaking of follow up seasons I'd forgot about: Full Metal Panic's third season came out earlier this year and most of the dubbing cast is back.

I was worried that after such a long gap the tone of the show would be completely fucked (like with the second season), but I watched the first episode last night and it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling like when you meet an old friend you haven't seen in a long time.
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #454269

Can't believe gobbo slayer is the most popular anime this season. The adaption is pretty bad compared to the manga, but thank GOD it's not Berserk 2018-tier.

My favorite part is probably the amount of blatant DnD and LotR/The Hobbit references.

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #454282

I mean, the bits of "lore" at the beginnings and ends of some episodes are literally the "creators of the universe" rolling dice to decide how things should be. The DnD references aren't exactly super subtle
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #454296

im fucking pissed they skipped the farm
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #454299

They're probably using it as the end of the season fight
It's arguably a better note to end on then anything else they could get to without massive rushing
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #454329

watched made in the abyss a few weeks ago
it was extremely boring until the last few episodes, the only reason i kept going is because i trusted the person who showed it to me. i'd definitely watch the new thing coming out but holy shit, why do they make thing so that you have to watch 10 episodes out of 13 for it to get good???
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #454334

You guys see that Kor slime anime. They ate a dragon
► Show Spoiler
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #454342

wubli wrote:watched made in the abyss a few weeks ago
it was extremely boring until the last few episodes, the only reason i kept going is because i trusted the person who showed it to me. i'd definitely watch the new thing coming out but holy shit, why do they make thing so that you have to watch 10 episodes out of 13 for it to get good???
i loved the first part. seeing the worldbuilding and how they lived up top was pretty cool and the art is really nice. i loved the whole thing except for maybe the part where they
Spoiler:
bump into that whitewhistle whose name i forgot and she attacks them for no reason?? but then actually it was just a test lol! felt kind of like pointless forced drama imo
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #463133

Overlord is a moe anime for NEETs.
Change my mind.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #463134

I don't like Overlord. I can't watch an anime where the entire main cast are complete shitheads all the time. Except Butler, he's cool.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #463215

Remind you too much of yourself, Shadow?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #463221

DemonFiren wrote:Remind you too much of yourself, Shadow?
Yes
► Show Spoiler
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #463834

[youtube]5i2qquegdB4[/youtube]
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #464084

anime is bad has this post been made yet
anime is bad
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #469024

The Rising of the Shield Hero AKA Lawful Evil: The Anime has got me very interested, even though I saw the twist coming a mile away.

Never party up with thots, everyone.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #469262

Remember to powerlevel your loli so she grows up to be big and strong
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #469307

wubli wrote:watched made in the abyss a few weeks ago
It's all a part of the progression. If you consider post episode 10 to be "good" then the series never stops getting "better".
NSFW:
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #473374

Kaguya sama wants to be confessed to is pretty good
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #485000

Thoughts on the new One Punch Man S2 PV? /a/ was fucking seething over it so I thought it would be hot garbage but when I actually watched it I didn't really think there was enough actual animaton to even come to a conclusion yet
Spoiler:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #485055

JC Staff doesn't have the same level of talent Madhouse does, and they've already CG'd Genos so expect a lot of that
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #503137

I read the MHA manga, and I gotta say, I fucking hate the League of Villains. I just can't get over how preposterously broken Dabi and Twice are. Dabi straight up kills anyone that isn't fireproof, and Twice can spawn infinite copies of himself and any of his allies. It's stupid.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #592628

I like dbz
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #592671

i only started watching it during the majin buu saga (it was on 3)
too much filler
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #595973

Can't wait for Jojo part 6 to come out in April, as Im firmly anime only for more enjoyment!
► Show Spoiler
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #596101

Did they announce it
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #596532

i watch anime

aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #596644

Lumbermancer wrote:i watch anime
why??
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #596808

My favourite anime is Kingdom Heart
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #596843

My favorite anime is unironically jojo
After that it's like idk kamisama ni natta hi or something
Mirai Nikki and Dr. Stone are also good, the latter one holds my personal record for the shortest sad moment in any anime season Finale, was like 30 seconds in season 2
I could probably list better ones if I had my list of animes I watched at hand, they all kinda just blend into a mass of Grey brain matter for me
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #596844

Fun fact about Jun maeda
Almost all of his visual novels can fit nicely into a tldr

Here's a few examples I watched the animes to
Spoiler:
charlotte:
Tldr: power tripper gets his ass kicked and suddenly turns good or smth idk, he gains time travel, loses it then goes on a purge to unify all powers under him because some girl promised him coochie if he did (he got it but almost died)

Angel beats:
Tldr highschool full off unsatisfied ghosts and npcs turns out you can satisfy the ghosts and make them disappear also this weird bitch had a program and oh look she didn't create it but that doesn't get explained much further because 1 season limit but wait there's more she has the protagonists heart turns out he wasn't unsatisfied after all
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #596849

Timonk wrote:Fun fact about Jun maeda
Almost all of his visual novels can fit nicely into a tldr

Here's a few examples I watched the animes to
Spoiler:
charlotte:
Tldr: power tripper gets his ass kicked and suddenly turns good or smth idk, he gains time travel, loses it then goes on a purge to unify all powers under him because some girl promised him coochie if he did (he got it but almost died)

Angel beats:
Tldr highschool full off unsatisfied ghosts and npcs turns out you can satisfy the ghosts and make them disappear also this weird bitch had a program and oh look she didn't create it but that doesn't get explained much further because 1 season limit but wait there's more she has the protagonists heart turns out he wasn't unsatisfied after all
to be completely fair, quite a bit of anime can fit into a TL;DR
some of them are even good while fitting into a tl;dr

Yuru camp is, imo, one of the best slice of lifes out there because it's so unimaginably chill all the fucking time and has good music and great background visuals (hard to make the great outdoors look bad)
but its tl;dr is "highschool girls go camping"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #596884

You can kinda compare his light novels to 1-0 wins in soccer. Yea ok it won the match but where was the fun in the rest of it?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #597070

I speedran erased today

It was a really good anime, but I feel like they could've easily made 14, 15 maybe even the full 24 or 25 episodes since there was quite some stuff left out, like the killers backstory
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #597071

Timonk wrote:I speedran erased today

It was a really good anime, but I feel like they could've easily made 14, 15 maybe even the full 24 or 25 episodes since there was quite some stuff left out, like the killers backstory
The main character got fucking owned too,
Spoiler:
they gave him the fallback love interest right at the end but it was so underdeveloped that you just feel pity for him more than anything
Spoiler:
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #597072

Spoiler:
the only one who got really owned was the killer, he was aboutta suicide but its a pillow, then his string cut, signaling he is in for one hell of a ride

I'm still confused as to why kayo chose that dude over idk, everyone else?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #597074

Timonk wrote:
Spoiler:
the only one who got really owned was the killer, he was aboutta suicide but its a pillow, then his string cut, signaling he is in for one hell of a ride

I'm still confused as to why kayo chose that dude over idk, everyone else?
Did he really though? He got to live and be very successful for like another whole decade up until then
Spoiler:
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #597315

Did anyone actually notice that the protagonist in angel beats only died because
Spoiler:
the dude in the flashback spilled the fucking water

Like, he died right before rescue came, I'm sure he would've survived if he had that water in his system
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #597395

[youtube]PCd9yKLXSVQ[/youtube]

YES

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #597605

>really enjoyed part 6
>really hyped for part 6 animated
>check out online discussion

"WHY DIDNT THEY SKIP PART 6 I WANT TO SEE PART 7"
"YEAH I KINDA JUST LOST THE SPARK FOR JOJO"
"THE SERIES PEAKED WITH PART 3"

it's so hard to just be excited for new shit like I feel like this didn't happen with part 5, everyone went wild for 5. just let me enjoy something dammit
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #597628

"skip part 6" is literally a meme
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #597677

Armhulen wrote:>really enjoyed part 6
>really hyped for part 6 animated
>check out online discussion

"WHY DIDNT THEY SKIP PART 6 I WANT TO SEE PART 7"
"YEAH I KINDA JUST LOST THE SPARK FOR JOJO"
"THE SERIES PEAKED WITH PART 3"

it's so hard to just be excited for new shit like I feel like this didn't happen with part 5, everyone went wild for 5. just let me enjoy something dammit
This is why I didn't read the manga. I got spoiled for all of the big events like the ED and who bites the tights. But everything leading up to that should be highly entertaining.
► Show Spoiler
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #597682

I hope they make their own ending to spice part 6 up, they don't even have to worry about continuity if they do that
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #597683

Or hell, maybe even their own, improved part 6
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #597685

For context I didn't think part 6 was overly shit, I just thought it was ok for what it is, but bad compared to the average Jojo part
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #597692

PKPenguin321 wrote:"skip part 6" is literally a meme
I thought so at the end if part 5, people are still dropping it at the start of part 6. Like genuinely that's their only input for any part 6 discussion
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #597738

complete topic pivot but i hope that the chainsaw man anime succeeds super fucking hard so that fire punch can maybe get a shot at an adaption (and also so that i can enjoy a good adaption of a manga i liked)
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #598706

PKPenguin321 wrote:complete topic pivot but i hope that the chainsaw man anime succeeds super fucking hard so that fire punch can maybe get a shot at an adaption (and also so that i can enjoy a good adaption of a manga i liked)
Speaking of Fire Punch. Marvel is moving more into the Manga Business, and the Deadpool Manga does make a fire punch joke.
This is how Comics come back! As a Japanese artform!
► Show Spoiler
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #598723

Mangas are superior to comics
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: