Chinese Cartoons

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: Chinese Cartoons

Post by Remie Richards » #118481

Bottom post of the previous page:

Today's Charlotte episode was good.
Actually explained why the anime is called Charlotte in a decent way.
私は完璧
Nexendia
Byond Username: Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #118582

Remie Richards wrote:Today's Charlotte episode was good.
Actually explained why the anime is called Charlotte in a decent way.
Real good though sad ;-;
っぽい
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #118683

Watching some anime in my spare time. Watching the original ghost in the shell movie, it is really good so far
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #118739

Wyzack wrote:Watching some anime in my spare time. Watching the original ghost in the shell movie, it is really good so far
I was so bored during that entire movie
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #118745

Ricotez wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Watching some anime in my spare time. Watching the original ghost in the shell movie, it is really good so far
I was so bored during that entire movie
I liked it a lot, but it probably helps that I already like cyberpunk
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #119483

Ranpo Kitan ended.
Great ending to a great series, insert music was well timed and gave me goosebumps.
Definitely a 10/10 from me.
私は完璧
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #119815

Omfg today's Charlotte episode.
Jesus. In tears, AGAIN.
there's supposed to be another episode but it really could have just ended here, wonder what they'll do with it.
私は完璧
Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #119869

Remie Richards wrote:Omfg today's Charlotte episode.
Jesus. In tears, AGAIN.
there's supposed to be another episode but it really could have just ended here, wonder what they'll do with it.
I honestly don't know what to feel... it was really good though.
っぽい
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #119904

Jesus. In tears, AGAIN.
Spoiler:
I'm thinking maybe some kind of "2 years in the future" thing where he comes back with 100's of godlike powers. If there isn't a kiss or a hug or something fuck I'm gonna be mad.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #119926

TheWiznard wrote:
Jesus. In tears, AGAIN.
Spoiler:
I'm thinking maybe some kind of "2 years in the future" thing where he comes back with 100's of godlike powers. If there isn't a kiss or a hug or something fuck I'm gonna be mad.
Spoiler:
Awww omg maybe, that'd be great.
私は完璧
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #120969

Fuck I love overlord. the anime is okayish but I've been reading the LN somewhere and Volume 4(?) The one about lizardmen is a fucking masterpiece. It felt like I was reading an entire story while inside of a story and I loved every single word of it Seriously I recommend #4(?) about lizardmen it's amazing

edit:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #121341

Overlord is pretty damn awesome, I love how in the most recent episode
Spoiler:
Ainz behaved exactly like an RPG player would. Once he realized that he wouldn't pull Shalltear's aggro until he attacked her, he first casted every support spell he had on himself, then opened his attack with his most powerful, longest casting, 24-hour cooldown spell to immediately take a big chunk out of her HP.
This is (MMO)RPG-inspired fantasy done right
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #121342

Yeah I really love/interested the story/world/setting Overlord is in. To me it feels like there is a ton of information they tell you about the world/powers and it's what I think is my favorite kind of anime; like the information heavy ones.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #121358

Binge watched Monmusu, kind of disappointed that they only adapted as far as they did.

Kind of hope it does well and gets a second season.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #121365

anyone know some good romance anime not from this season? I don't care what else it's about as long as it has some romance

edit: i'll take some mangos if you have any to suggest too

double edit: Just binge watched all 8(so far) episodes of God Eater; I don't know what it is about it's art style but I really dig it. I like the story too so far.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #121410

for romance, Ore Monogatari!! just finished but since you're saying not this season I guess that means you already saw it?

there's also Katanagatari, in which a woman and her sword martial artist lover go on a quest to collect a bunch of legendary swords with unusual properties. The romance is mostly secondary to the story but the moments they have together are cute.

and stay the fuck away from Nisekoi, it's just harem cliché after harem cliché stacked onto each other and the story goes nowhere mighty fast
Spoiler:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #121438

Katanagatari is great but
Spoiler:
After watching it, I'm hesitant to recommend it
Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #121486

Holy shit the newest episode of Charlotte..

No idea what to say :/ such a good anime!
っぽい
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #121491

I finished the Maoyuu Maou Yuusha anime but since it was only one cour based on a LN series I'm pretty sure I don't have the full story yet

really good series though, beautiful deconstruction of the kind of logistics, politics and economics that your average RPG story would actually involve
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #121496

Nexendia wrote:Holy shit the newest episode of Charlotte..

Omg the ending.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
SO happy but I was really worried about Yu.
And then how Tomori introduced herself to him again, aaaaaaaaaah.
私は完璧
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #121519

Remie Richards wrote:
Nexendia wrote:Holy shit the newest episode of Charlotte..

Omg the ending.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
SO happy but I was really worried about Yu.
And then how Tomori introduced herself to him again, aaaaaaaaaah.
called it; but fuck there wasn't any
Spoiler:
HUG OR ANYTHING EEEERRRGGGGG

edit: I don't watch a lot of AMVs but I think this one is perfect.
nsfw spoiler ed because Space Dandy
NSFW:
[youtube]uuzx3p12kB4[/youtube]
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #122114

Been catching a lot of stuff I glanced over during the years, marathonned Birdy the Mighty Decode today.

Season 1, I'm saving 2 for later in the week
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #122119

I was bored looking for something to watch so I watched 13 episodes of "Ushio to Tora (TV)" and I gotta say it's pretty good, not like amazing but I think I can say I really liked it.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #122152

It's pretty good when you consider the source material, they modernized a fair amount of it since the manga started like 25 years ago.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #122156

final episode of Overlord was good and the epilogue heavily implied there will be a sequel
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #122210

Halfway in to an anime my friend recommended called parasite, it is pretty cool so far
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #122211

I've read a couple volumes of Parasyte. I recall it being pretty good. Hoping the anime keeps up with it.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #122306

Started watching the anime adaptation of Demonbane

It's...

Not great.

The pacing is weird, they've compressed events into 1 minute flashbacks and such, and the animation is spotty at times.

I'm not surprised about the pacing and stuff, they only had 1 cour to work with to adapt a VN.
Spoiler:
Still gonna finish it, because it took me half a day to download because only 1 person was seeding.
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #122588

I've been having my local comic/card store order me Evergreen and it's nice so far.
Hey.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #122632

I've actually been wondeirng neihaus. What's with the spinning maid? what's that from?
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #122635

ThanatosRa wrote:I've actually been wondeirng neihaus. What's with the spinning maid? what's that from?
A Certain Magical Index / Scientific Railgun
Spoiler:
DNS
Byond Username: DarkNightSin

Post by DNS » #122647

Been reading a lot of manga lately, watched Akame ga Kill recently. I dig'd it in a major way.

Going through most of Junji Ito shit, mixed in with zombie crap like Apoc' No Toride/I Am A Hero, either of which I highly recommend if you're into postapocalyptic zombies. If you like the postapocalypse WITHOUT zombies though, 7 Seeds is good one.

Just recently finished Gantz and jesus christ was that a fucking wild ride.

Also, been rewatching Fist of the North Star and JoJo. gotta have my burly ultramen.

2nd Also, Welcome to N.H.K is nice.
I draw things and use twitter.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #122728

Takeguru wrote:Katanagatari is great but
Spoiler:
After watching it, I'm hesitant to recommend it
y
its aotd
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #122753

DNS wrote:Been reading a lot of manga lately, watched Akame ga Kill recently. I dig'd it in a major way.

Going through most of Junji Ito shit, mixed in with zombie crap like Apoc' No Toride/I Am A Hero, either of which I highly recommend if you're into postapocalyptic zombies.
I am a hero is the shit man I fucking loved reading every second of it.
DNS
Byond Username: DarkNightSin

Post by DNS » #122767

TheWiznard wrote:
I am a hero is the shit man I fucking loved reading every second of it.
Right?! It is surprisingly good, the action/horror bits took a long time to get going but when they did, I was sooo hooked.
I draw things and use twitter.
Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #122781

http://gogoanime.tv/noragami-aragoto

SECOND SEASON OMFG YES!!!

edit;

OP just as good or even better than the first season OP

Episode was good brought back memories of watching the first. ^_^
っぽい
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #122819

I'm a bit worried that Aragoto is going to throw all that character development Yuki has gone through out of the window, but so far it's good

pink-hair-god-chan is adorable as always
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #125020

alright so lets talk about the new season

i'm following owarimonogatari, noragami aragoto and one punch man
Spoiler:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #125070

I'll download Owari and OPM to watch when they finish, I don't like following shows weekly unless I'm really into them.

Watching Gate now, it's aight.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #125091

Ricotez wrote:alright so lets talk about the new season

i'm following owarimonogatari, noragami aragoto and one punch man
there's not much I like from what I've seen so far, though it's only been reading the description of them and not even watching an episode
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #125138

you have to at least give one punch man a try, the animation in the first episode was amazing
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #125351

Watched King of Thorns... What the christ.
My head literally hurts, It was really good but... Jesus fuck.
私は完璧
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #125355

I like dragonball z too
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #125870

I got the hat.
Spoiler:
Hey.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #126039

I've been telling you pieces of trash to go read One Punch Man for literally fucking ever.

It's finally gotten an anime adaptation and it's everything I hoped it would be.

If you don't watch it you're an actual faggot with objectively shit taste fucking die.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #126044

link
Last edited by TheWiznard on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #126101

the anime is so fucking good, that animation is so incredibly fluid. I deliberately held off on reading the manga for it but I might read it once the cour is over.
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #126264

Ricotez wrote:the anime is so fucking good, that animation is so incredibly fluid. I deliberately held off on reading the manga for it but I might read it once the cour is over.
I wound up watching two episodes this morning because I noticed that there was two ep's up. I really do like how smooth it feels. I also watched the first two episodes of some show called...uh "Heavy Object"? I'm at school right now and don't really wanna look it up, but from what I've seen so far I'm impressed 6/10 (it's only two episodes)
Spoiler:
the first one seemed kinda cheezy talking about oppai and stuff but it got a little more serious towards the end.
I think it has some potential for this season.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #126269

Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #126284

Heavy Object is one of the two that's piqued my interest this season, the other is Beautiful Bones (I like mecha and mysteries ok)
need to start watching.

Edit: God dang it. ANN has HO at a 2.5/5 and Beautiful Bones at a 3/5.
*sigh* I'll have to see for myself but :/
私は完璧
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #126292

But anime isn't real guys
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz