EDIT: THEY REALLY ONLY CAPTURED SPEEDWAGON
THOSE NAZI BASTARDS
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Re: Chinese Cartoons

Post by Takeguru » #132346

It arrived a few days ago.
Spoiler:
I'll need to pick up some modeling paint because I forgot the batch I had is piss poor quality.

Also, the motor is weak, so I'll probably change it out for 2 motors and pick up an RC controller for proper mobility.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #132348

Ricotez wrote:it gets even better when you realize One Punch Man started out as a poorly drawn webcomic that got picked up by a manga artist, its' strong wit is the entire reason it's an anime now
Yea man, that's the thing. THe wit is ENTIRELY One.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
asskek
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Asskek

Post by asskek » #132411

Just started watching Stardust Crusaders. What the fuck happened to hamon?
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #132423

Sorta irrelevant when you can punch a guy right in the soul it seems.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #132426

asskek wrote:Just started watching Stardust Crusaders. What the fuck happened to hamon?
Joseph uses it a couple times here and there, but it does get massively overshadowed by the presence of Stands.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #132466

Spoiler:
[youtube]oGImt5ikC0A[/youtube]
asskek
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Asskek

Post by asskek » #132482

I have to say, my favorite part of the Pillar Men arc was
Spoiler:
near the end when the nazi army and the token black character came to save the day
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #132690

I always felt a little bad for Smokey. He's down on his luck and happens to pickpocket the one guy whose presence in his life basically turned it into a supernatural carnival of horror.

He came out of the experience pretty well, though:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #132940

Heavy Object is pretty good so far, not a 7/10 good but I think it's at least a 5.5-6. I don't think it's as serious as I thought it would be but it's not so bad currently
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #133563

Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #133565

TheWiznard wrote:(img)
>Paprika : "That Guy"

ehehehehehe
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #133945

one punch man broke the rock
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #133955

Super Aggro Crag wrote:one punch man broke the rock
one punch saved anime
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #133963

Love how in that dumb image how legend of galactic heroes was originally in the bottom since the text formatting matches but was booted back to pleb teir for not containing waifus despite being old enough no one "casually" watching anime would have possibly seen it.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #133977

fucking hell, the bgm for haikyuu!! second season is fucking awesome so far. I'm really loving the bass guitar/piano sound that's going on. I don't really feel connected to the story since it's still behind the mango a-ways, but I don't think it's bad so far.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #134905

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #137731

lets bring this thread back

what is your favourite anime this season, and why is it One Punch Man?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #137732

Watched absolutely nothing from this season.
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #137759

My favorite is One Punch Man because he punches one, man.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #137765

Remie Richards wrote:Watched absolutely nothing from this season.
then why did you feel the need to interject you sweaty dyke
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #137790

there's nothing wrong with posting in an anime thread that you didn't watch any anime this season

now those people who post here to say they hate anime...
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #137791

So is Samurai Jack considered animu because I'll be getting all up in that shit when it comes out
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #137818

OPM feels like it has a western type of humour.

I mean, are there other Animes with that level of subtle wit? I'm no connoisseur, but I've seen none.
Mime: Depresso
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #138023

It's humor is of a universal kind. The kind that brings us all together.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #139204

really good music video, possible opm spoilers if you're only watching the anime
Spoiler:
[youtube]QxrwgOdVceQ[/youtube]
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #139206

I started watching Ergo Proxy yesterday--the whole series save the last episode is on Hulu. Pain in the ass, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I'm trying to find some more darker sci-fi/horror series to watch. So far I've been suggested Serial Experiments Lain, Ghost Hound, and Psycho-Pass. Anyone got any other suggestions?
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #139216

EndgamerAzari wrote:I started watching Ergo Proxy yesterday--the whole series save the last episode is on Hulu. Pain in the ass, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I'm trying to find some more darker sci-fi/horror series to watch. So far I've been suggested Serial Experiments Lain, Ghost Hound, and Psycho-Pass. Anyone got any other suggestions?
Gantz -this fits what you're looking for pretty good i think, and it's really good (imo)

Shinsekai yori -haven't watched yet but it's on my watchlist and fits what you're looking for

Texhnolyze -kinda slow progression

Gungrave -one of my favorites

Sidonia no Kishi -scifi but not exactly horror

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin -you probably won't like this one cause it's not really scifi or horror at all but a thriller. I kinda felt like it had some horror to it, but there aren't any monsters or anything like that here
I've been reading ALOT of webnovels lately and man do I seriously love the whole "rebirth/new world/op power mc" stories.
right now I'm reading "Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?" and it's pretty good, the translation I'm reading is ehh and sometimes the author (at least in translation) doesn't make a lot of sense with the layout of things.
some of my other favorites are
Re:monster - okay I know it has a manga but not all of it is translated, this is what got me into this genre kinda
I can't remember the name of it - yeah sucks but it was about a guy being respawned as a slime I think.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #139219

TheWiznard wrote: Sidonia no Kishi -scifi but not exactly horror
Oh yeah, I've watched that. I thought it was pretty good, though the romcom element got a bit much in the second season. I liked the semi-horror aspect of the "What the hell are these things we're fighting" combined with the "what the hell are we living on" and "who the hell is in charge" mystery.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #140221

60fps one punch man looks so good, does anime look this good when you download it instead of streaming?
https://streamable.com/c0f8
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #140228

I cant remember what it's called, but MrStonedOne showed this thing he uses that autoconverts video as it plays to 60FPS.
私は完璧
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #140265

Well, I recently watched Corpse Party. Enjoyed it quite a lot, I would recommend all of you to watch it.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #140291

TheWiznard wrote:60fps one punch man looks so good, does anime look this good when you download it instead of streaming?
https://streamable.com/c0f8
Yes.
Downloading your Cambodian Cinema is the patrician's way to watch

I personally use MPC to watch my stuff but people will give you different answers.

Just don't do VLC
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #140294

>don't do vlc

But why?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #140370

firecage wrote:Well, I recently watched Corpse Party. Enjoyed it quite a lot, I would recommend all of you to watch it.
>watching that abomination of an OVA instead of playing the game

which one did you see anyway? there's like 2 or 3 different versions but I don't think that any of them follow the best ending
Spoiler:
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #140396

Ricotez wrote:
firecage wrote:Well, I recently watched Corpse Party. Enjoyed it quite a lot, I would recommend all of you to watch it.
>watching that abomination of an OVA instead of playing the game

which one did you see anyway? there's like 2 or 3 different versions but I don't think that any of them follow the best ending
Corpse Party tortured souls, its 4 episodes. The only other one is its prequel. One episode.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #140409

Tortured souls is, eh it's alright.
But yeah the game is better.
私は完璧
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #140428

Tortured Souls also takes a really weird route that I'm not even sure is in the game itself. But there are so many ways to fuck up horribly in Chapter 5 and I've seen only 3 of the possible endings. I only got the best ending after consulting a guide because you have to do a few things in a very specific order for it.
Spoiler:
"Best ending" is relative of course, but compared to the groundhog and the everybody-dark-now endings it's practically candy land.
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #140435

I wanted to do the sachiko ever after ritual in real life but my friends wouldn't do it ;_;
I know It's literally just ASKING to be screwed over and sent to hell school but still!
私は完璧
Nexendia
Byond Username: Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #140927

I binge watched all of Zero no Tsukaima..

Holy. Fuck. It. Was. Good.
っぽい
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #140931

Remie Richards wrote:I wanted to do the sachiko ever after ritual in real life but my friends wouldn't do it ;_;
I know It's literally just ASKING to be screwed over and sent to hell school but still!
Spoiler:
it's perfectly safe if you do it the RIGHT way, the kids in the game just did it wrong
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #141001

Ricotez wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:I wanted to do the sachiko ever after ritual in real life but my friends wouldn't do it ;_;
Spoiler:
it's perfectly safe if you do it the RIGHT way, the kids in the game just did it wrong
Spoiler:
I know, but I cant help but think one of them would deliberately fuck it up or that *I'D* do it lol.
私は完璧
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #141152

[youtube]m53WdWmd_Dc[/youtube]
Spoiler:
[youtube]tYH6DV03qTU[/youtube]
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #141270

So its kinda shit. It's like an annoyingly long drawn out episode of Detective Conan. The twist is dumb as fuck, it gives no leeway for the viewers to figure out on their own, it drones on over pointless bullshit I guess in an attempt at "character development", except MC is an autistic loser but kind of endearing in a way, and the main girl is bratty and also probably on the spectrum.

But the opening theme is pretty fucking catchy and I just wanted to share it.

[youtube]FFNka8_GIJ8[/youtube]
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #141283

Damn that *IS* catchy!
私は完璧
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #141287

Finished Ergo Proxy last night. I enjoyed it, though I feel like more could have been done with it.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #141753

OPM is over
Spoiler:
felt like the last episode was kinda rushed imo, though I still think the fight and everything was awesome animation.
DORADORADORADORADORA
[youtube]NLZP_z2PxCw[/youtube]
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #141755

Are they making another season? I'd kill to see more of it

Edit : I know the manga continued afaik
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #141756

Zilenan91 wrote:Are they making another season? I'd kill to see more of it

Edit : I know the manga continued afaik
the video is the preview of season 4 that's gonna be coming soon nevermind, yes I think there are plans to do more OPM but right now I'm not sure
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #141774

The original web comic guy who made One does more 100 Mob Psycho now I think. It isn't quite as good but still nice. There is about another season of material in one punch man at least but basically the base material was updating slowly for a long time.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #141827

I want more adventures of caped baldy and blond cyborg in animated form