Gun Thread

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Gun Thread

Post by WarbossLincoln » #274166

So guns are basically my biggest hobby ever - so why not a thread for all things gun related.

I'm thinking of buying another AK later this year. I've got an NPAP and an Arsenal SLR104. Looking for a better 762 rifle, thinking maybe a VEPR FM. What buy?
--Crocodillo

Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: Gun Thread

Post by Shaps-cloud » #274200

Some day I will unironically ironically buy a gold plated tiger stripe Desert Eagle in .50AE
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #274207

I wonder if this one will die as fast as the previous thread.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #274215

My uncle bought a pump-action sawn off shotgun recently
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #274218

Shaps-cloud wrote:Some day I will unironically ironically buy a gold plated tiger stripe Desert Eagle in .50AE

I fully intend to buy a hi-point and spray paint it gold. My problem is that I'm really only willing to spend 50$ on the joke, maybe 75 tops. There aren't too many used hi points with intact serial numbers let alone a 50$ one.
--Crocodillo

Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #274246

I shot a squirrel with a .22 once
Limey wrote:its too late.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #274277

guns are tools not display items
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #274282

What sort of trade do you use such tools at?
Bring back papercult.

ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #274284

Killing things. Next question.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #274349

InsaneHyena wrote:What sort of trade do you use such tools at?
shoot animal

shoot target
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #274354

Guns used to use black powder, but nowadays they use something different. If you tried to fire a black powder bullet out of a modern gun you'd be liable to be missine a few fingers, 'cause the gun would explode.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #274355

CosmicScientist wrote:
cmspano wrote:So guns are basically my biggest hobby ever - so why not a thread for all things gun related.

I'm thinking of buying another AK later this year. I've got an NPAP and an Arsenal SLR104. Looking for a better 762 rifle, thinking maybe a VEPR FM. What buy?
Can you tell me anything about what's used to explode to propel the bullet? Such as what it even is nowadays? Anything special about barrel shape? How much use a barrel can go through before it needs replacing?

I honestly know nothing about guns but I'm interested in how they tick, in general and specifically if you've got a few examples you know.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... -pearlman/

fucking meme article because you have to change pictures to keep reading but this might interest you, or this

http://www.madehow.com/Volume-2/Ammunition.html

primer material varies as far as I'm aware but as mentioned above black powder isn't really relevant anymore
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #274364

>black powder
>not relevant

You get to go hunting early in the year with black powder, you chowders.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #274372

>not just killing boar year round because fuck laws, boars are cunts

someone's not american enough

doing loads of custom work on a twin set of p250's i bought when income tax came around a while back.

gonna have the barrel threaded, new steel spring guide rods, the slide lightened, trigger smoothed down to somewhere around 2-3 pounds, and gonna see if i can't find one of those lasers that fit flush against the trigger guard for maximum aesthetic.

also, to the guy asking about guns, way back when it used to be black powder which was made out of charcoal, sulfur, and potassium nitrate, which is a oxidizer (and you can also make it out of your own piss )

the charcoal bodies the fuel, the sulfur delays it so that it burns more evenly and fully, and the potassium nitrate (also called saltpetre) accelerates the reaction as a oxidizier.

modern gun powder is made out of soluable and insoluable ratios of nitrocelluose, it's generally called smokeless powder in america. it's something like a ratio of roughly 65% soluable nitrocelluose and 32% unsoluable with a 2% addative of parafin, which binds it together.

if your interested just pm me any questions you have and ill type you a few novels
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #274387

InsaneHyena wrote:What sort of trade do you use such tools at?
farming?
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #274402

Can knife enthusiasts also participate here, or is this exclusively gun-related?
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #274409

Buying Glock 22 . PM for more!

Seriously looking to buy a glock 22 for work. No I'm not going postal, my occupation requires me to carry - preferably dropping power instead of stopping power.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #274435

Drynwyn wrote:Can knife enthusiasts also participate here, or is this exclusively gun-related?
>knives in a gun thread

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #274499

DemonFiren wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:Can knife enthusiasts also participate here, or is this exclusively gun-related?
>knives in a gun thread
Ballistic knives are illegal in Indiana, unfortunately. It's dumb.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #274502

srifenbyxp wrote:preferably dropping power instead of stopping power.
9 has none.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #274503

What is with gun enthusiast's problem with 9mm?

It works just fine for cops.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #274505

Glock 22 isn't even 9mm anyway.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #274512

Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #274513

Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #274517

Kor wrote:Glock 22 isn't even 9mm anyway.
You are right.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #274533

Drynwyn wrote:le ebin freedom imag
ecks DEEE
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #274556

Look at this nogunz besmirching a freedom projector.
WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #274569

CosmicScientist wrote:
cmspano wrote:So guns are basically my biggest hobby ever - so why not a thread for all things gun related.

Can you tell me anything about what's used to explode to propel the bullet? Such as what it even is nowadays? Anything special about barrel shape? How much use a barrel can go through before it needs replacing?

I honestly know nothing about guns but I'm interested in how they tick, in general and specifically if you've got a few examples you know.

For propelling the bullet: expanding gasses as a propellant burns. Guns used to use black powder until smokeless powder was invented in the late 1800s. I don't know the chemical difference between the two. Smokeless powder as the name suggests makes very little smoke compared to black powder. Smokeless powder is also much higher pressure and can be more powerful. Nearly all modern guns use smokeless powder. People only use black powder today if they really want to. A lot of shooters like doing it for the fun. Black powder shooting can be its own sub-hobby for gun owners. A decent number of people hunt with black powder guns too. Most states let you hunt earlier with black powder and it's more challenging. They're less accurate, shorter range, and you're only getting one shot(a coworker of mine who has been hunting for a long time can get off 2, or maybe 3, accurate shots with his lever gun on average before a deer is completely gone. on occasion he can drop 2 deer before the group scatters.)

Barrel Shape: tube, about the only difference you're going to find in barrel shape is the thickness of the metal. Thicker barrels heat up and cool down more slowly but are heavier. A barrel will shoot differently when hot than cold. A good barrel will be impacted by heat less. A cheaper barrel might shoot even 8 or 9 inches differently than a decent barrel.

How much a barrel can go through before replacing: Depends on the barrel and what your standards are. A glock barrel can last like 30-40 thousand rounds. Most AK 47 barrels last about 25K. AR15 barrels about the same. What kind of ammo you shoot can make a big difference. Cheap steel coated ammo like eastern european ammo wears a barrel out a lot faster. Eastern European guns like AKs are typically designed for that kind of ammo so the barrels hold up to it better. Professional shooters who do really high performance precision shooting replace barrels very often because they can see a difference after like 1K rounds. A typical shooter isn't going to see any drop in accuracy until around 10K rounds in most barrels.
--Crocodillo

WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #274570

srifenbyxp wrote:Buying Glock 22 . PM for more!

Seriously looking to buy a glock 22 for work. No I'm not going postal, my occupation requires me to carry - preferably dropping power instead of stopping power.
I'm a fan of glocks, can't go wrong with pretty much any of them. I've never shot a .40 before. Shot 10mm a couple times and it was pretty legit. I'm mostly a 9mm guy when it comes to handguns.
--Crocodillo

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #274590

Qbopper wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:le ebin freedom imag
ecks DEEE

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #274595

Just got an airsoft gun since I wanna try it as a new hobby- does that count? :)
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #274647

ShadowDimentio wrote:Guns used to use black powder, but nowadays they use something different. If you tried to fire a black powder bullet out of a modern gun you'd be liable to be missine a few fingers, 'cause the gun would explode.
Don't spread false info. That scenario is highly unlikely. At worst the round will jam itself into the bore.

You can load modern cartridges with BP but it's pointless. Smokeless powder provides far better velocity, is MUCH cleaner, and doesn't block your view with smoke.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #274655

Drynwyn wrote:What is with gun enthusiast's problem with 9mm?

It works just fine for cops.
Friendly reminder that .25 ACP used to be pretty standard self defense ammo
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #274661

9mm is for babies, .45 is for real americans
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #274662

>45.
>9mm.

357 revolvers are the best carry, you can load them with 38.'s if your a manlet to.

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #274727

John_Oxford wrote:>45.
>9mm.

357 revolvers are the best carry, you can load them with 38.'s if your a manlet to.
>revolver

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #274759

>Shortstop from TF2

Good luck hitting the heavy that's right in front of your face with that ass gun. Fucking thing curves its bullets so I MISS.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #274778

ShadowDimentio wrote:>Shortstop from TF2

Good luck hitting the heavy that's right in front of your face with that ass gun. Fucking thing curves its bullets so I MISS.
IGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTITIGOTIT

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #274822

>9mm.

If you're carrying a 4"+ barrel sure. If you're carrying a snub nose like most carry revolvers are then you may as well just get some good +P .38s. A .357 out of 1.5-2" of barrel doesn't really gain any velocity over a 38. You just get a lot of extra recoil for very little gain.
--Crocodillo

Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #274823

handguns are memes

bolt action rifles are cooler than handguns in every way

except for the single action army, the greatest handgun ever made
WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #274826

Package arrived last night. Finally have a Bulgarian bayonet for my AK, along with my Makarov, all made in the same factory. I can only get so hard.

--Crocodillo

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #274838

Qbopper wrote:handguns are memes

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #274849

cmspano wrote:Package arrived last night. Finally have a Bulgarian bayonet for my AK, along with my Makarov, all made in the same factory. I can only get so hard.

That bayonet looks great. Is the handle actually wood, or does it just look like wood?
WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #274853

It's plastic. It's a mottled orange color that looks kinda like old 60's Bakelite but it's not actually Bakelite. The Soviets used Bakelite for their polymer stuff for awhile until they developed better plastics like the rest of the world but they kept that mottled orange coloring and style for awhile because they were used to how it looks. I would guess that bayonet was made sometime after 1990.

The AK itself is a bulgarian AK104 clone with plum furniture. Kinda hard to see the stock in this pic cause of the sling but it's the only one I have right now. The pic is my inclement weather kit. Whenever we have snow or bad storms in the south people freak out and panic. That's my survival kit when people are freaking out and buying all the bottled water for 1" of snow.

Last edited by WarbossLincoln on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Crocodillo

Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #274854

DemonFiren wrote:
Qbopper wrote:handguns are memes

revolver ocelot
I saw one of these where there was an extra 10 layers + it was printed/framed with a sticky note ontop
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #274875

cmspano wrote:It's plastic. It's a mottled orange color that looks kinda like old 60's Bakelite but it's not actually Bakelite. The Soviets used Bakelite for their polymer stuff for awhile until they developed better plastics like the rest of the world but they kept that mottled orange coloring and style for awhile because they were used to how it looks. I would guess that bayonet was made sometime after 1990.
Ah, I was curious. I think wood-handled knives look great, but I find using them to be less comfortable than polymers.

How flexible is the polymer?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #276204

>owning a gun
>not just getting /fit/ so you can fight man to man without a crutch
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #276233

PKPenguin321 wrote:>owning a gun
>not just getting /fit/ so you can fight man to man without a crutch
i can't hear you over the sound of my rifle

like, i actually can't, i forgot my ear protection, give me a minute to get rid of the tinnitus

mawp
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #276236

cedarbridge wrote:
>9mm.

>revolver

Aha, four bullets. More than enough to kill anything that moves
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #276879

miss three times then shoot him in a leg

wat now no gunz aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank: