Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

The clown is coming for revenge

Post by DrPillzRedux » #276859

THIS SEPTEMBER

IN A REMAKE NO ONE ASKED FOR

STEPHEN KING'S IT

it looks faithful to the book though

[youtube]QnUwUCbwJy4[/youtube]
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: The clown is coming for revenge

Post by D&B » #276863

I don't trust Hollywood with reboots
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #276942

Well it has been 27 years since the last movie and IT usually sleeps between 27 and 30 years, so at least they got the timing right.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #276955

What needs a remake are all the king movies that blew
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #276972

They should make a misery remake with Melissa McCarthy. Instead of torturing him by withholding painkillers she can tell jokes. The effect on a mans psyche would be the same.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #276987

I want a true-to-the-book remake of the Running Man, the Ahnuld flick was entertaining but didn't resemble the book in any way besides "there's a dystopian gameshow"

It's something that might work better as a miniseries though and they'd probably have to change the ending given the screeching that would result from mericans if they kept it
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #276989

Yeah man! The Running Man is so fucking good! Holy shit that would be awesome. He originally released it with three other short stories under a pseudonym, i had a big book containing all 4, they were called the Bachman books. The Running Man i think was the best one, but The Long Walk and especially Roadwork were both incredible too.

I also bet The Stand would make a great netflix series if he could get the budget for it
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #277007

I would fucking pay money to see The Stand in netflix miniseries form

it would take years for them to finish filming if they did it right but it would be SO GOOD
Limey wrote:its too late.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #277009

The original book was fucking big but i have the even fucking bigger XBOX HUEGE extended edition with a lot of stuff that was cut from the original. It is a good read, i go back to it every once in a while.

Also because my brain is retarded i still imagine Stu Redman looking like a real life slightly more rugged Stu Pickles from the Rugrats.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #278211

The original TV series of IT was made 27 years ago.

IT awakes every 27 years.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #278331

wow a lzimann movie
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #278336

DrPillzRedux wrote:The original TV series of IT was made 27 years ago.

IT awakes every 27 years.
Learn to read
Ricotez wrote:Well it has been 27 years since the last movie and IT usually sleeps between 27 and 30 years, so at least they got the timing right.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #278347

He said 30 years though, that's wrong.

a correct post by pillz
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #278352

Hopefully this isn't as bad as some of the other recent reboots.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #313300

Wyzack wrote:Yeah man! The Running Man is so fucking good! Holy shit that would be awesome. He originally released it with three other short stories under a pseudonym, i had a big book containing all 4, they were called the Bachman books. The Running Man i think was the best one, but The Long Walk and especially Roadwork were both incredible too.

I also bet The Stand would make a great netflix series if he could get the budget for it
They need to remake Starship Troopers true to the book.

Dune should be remade too, the studio cut was shit and the directors cut while pretty good had a lot of additional scenes with unfinished special effects.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #313527

Dune is a really really fuckin' hard thing to translate to screen though since there's so much background reading

seriously other writers come up with some basic worldbuilding, tolkien busts out the appendices, and then herbert's stood there like "hold my beer"
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #313550

Originally, the movie studios wanted the entire Lord of the Rings to be a single movie of at most 90 minutes long

They'd have fucked up because you can't fit Lord of the Rings into 90 minutes. And if it wasn't for someone telling them that's retarded they'd have tried anyway
I imagine any attempt at a Dune movie will be similar, fucked up because they want to get a quick movie out of an established IP for some quick cash. Without understanding you can't just fit it in a single movie.

Shit, even the Lord of the Rings movie had entire sections of the book cut because it just wouldn't fit otherwise
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #313553

Wyzack wrote:Yeah man! The Running Man is so fucking good! Holy shit that would be awesome. He originally released it with three other short stories under a pseudonym, i had a big book containing all 4, they were called the Bachman books. The Running Man i think was the best one, but The Long Walk and especially Roadwork were both incredible too.

I have that, yeah its ace. I recommend reading misery & christine too.

Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #371213

This was very 80's.