Discworld (Raising Steam)

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Discworld (Raising Steam)

Post by Drynwyn » #850

the latest book features a man who uses a toolbox to robust some bandits, clearly Pratchett has been sipping from the cup of spessmans.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

here

Post by Stickymayhem » #563935

follow me here, it's a brand new thread perfect real estate for a new NTR Hut

We just need to set up shop, change some subjects and we're good to go

new NTR Hut right here come one come all it's an empty thread no one ever responded to poor whatever that guy is he isn't even here anymore he gone he out we here now this is our new NTR Hut lets get an ice cream set down a little shop and whippidy doo we got ourselves a hideout speakeasy style from the administration im one of you a cool guy who would never rat you out see ignore the outline of a badge in my shirt pocket you're save here in this brand new save haven NTR Hut for cool kids only start ya postin no posts no uhhh mosts you just gotta be a free posting kinda guy or gal or hell you can be a fucking cat i guess i dont condone it but ill fight for your right to be a gross fuckin cat i guess thats what real freedom is damn straight
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: โ†‘Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: Discworld (Raising Steam)

Post by terranaut » #563937

sticky are you losing it
whats your opinion on honey btw, humans relationship to bees are very symbiotic and not exploitative
recommend this video
[๐Ÿ…ฒ 1] [๐Ÿ†„ 1] [๐Ÿ…ผ 1]

Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #563944

terranaut wrote:sticky are you losing it
whats your opinion on honey btw, humans relationship to bees are very symbiotic and not exploitative
recommend this video
good question I've answered it many times though

Side Note: "We don't know why the bees are dying?!?!?!??" is a scam from the agriculture industry. We know exactly why the bees are dying. Pesticides also play a part but it's mostly what's mentioned above.

Also from an ethics perspective, pulling the wings off queens and shipping them to beekeepers in the post, and crushing bees while moving trays ain't cool chief.

All that said, it is theoretically possible to non-harmfully farm bees if you don't move them and if you use drip systems to only take the spare honey instead of stealing theirs and replacing it with nutritionally poor sugar water

I just realised you posted a video about the drip hives, so yeah if you have a few of those in your backyard it's probably not unethical, but that's rarely the issue. The issue is almost always going to be commodification of animals and the pursuit of efficient profit.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: โ†‘Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #563948

US Beekeeping sounds shit, luckily it's customary here that a beekeeper puts their name on the honey so you can look them up easily and from what I can say practices are much better here

Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #563977

No I want to talk about raising steam.

I enjoyed his move towards the industrial revolution milestones with going postal and these. They tended to feel like guard's novels but avoiding using the guard as the main characters.
terranaut

beekeeping

Post by terranaut » #564078

Nabski wrote:No I want to talk about raising steam.

I enjoyed his move towards the industrial revolution milestones with going postal and these. They tended to feel like guard's novels but avoiding using the guard as the main characters.
sir this thread is about beekeeping

Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #564080

stop going on topic or I'll have you put on post approval
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #564081

Stickymayhem wrote:

stop going on topic or I'll have you put on post approval
I'm sorry this was not in the spirit of the hut you may go as off topic as you like this is a free hut thread with unlimited potential
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: beekeeping

Post by Nabski » #564113

terranaut wrote:

I recently got slightly interested in Beekeeping. I found out that my grandfather picked up an interest in it the year or two before he died back in the 90's and all the stuff has just been sitting in a shed since then. I think the next time I move I'm going to go take a trip and get it.
terranaut

Re: beekeeping

Post by terranaut » #564344

Nabski wrote:
terranaut wrote:

I recently got slightly interested in Beekeeping. I found out that my grandfather picked up an interest in it the year or two before he died back in the 90's and all the stuff has just been sitting in a shed since then. I think the next time I move I'm going to go take a trip and get it.
That sounds really cool, you should make a seperate thread then because I'll have forgotten about this one by then and I'm interested in seeing how that goes

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #564360

haha sticky dumb, once the pollination problem rises the market will provide new genetically engineered polynating insects, do your job and invest into genetech
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #564361

BEGONE, FOUL NECROMANCER
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
stan_albatross
Byond Username: Stan_albatross

Post by stan_albatross » #564784

The Moist Von Lipwig novels were supposed to depict the industrialisation of Ankh-morpork but he could only had time to write three of them. The one after the last book (forgot the name) would have been either a guards or rincewind one, then more of the industrialisation. Sad that Pratchett will never get to finish them now. (And that he won't get to write any more long earth books but I don't think anyone cared much about those)
Karl Karlsson and never anything else