Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

BREAKING NEWS FROM ONTARIO (CANUCKLAND)

Post by bman » #303708

http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/bills/bills_ ... illID=4479
permits the CAS to withdraw a child from its family if it is determined the child is likely to suffer emotional or mental harm, or for a parent’s failure to provide the child with services or treatment. If a child decides he/she is of a gender other than his/her biological gender, the parents are required by this legislation to provide transgender medical services to the child or risk the child being removed from the home.

effectively gives wide jurisdiction to the State to control the lives of children in the CAS, and in doing so, interfere with the parent/child relationship. This occurs by defining the “best interests of the child” so broadly as to include: the child’s physical, emotional, mental and developmental needs, as well as the child’s race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, family diversity, disability, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
basically, CPS can take away your kid if you dont allow them to be trans

DISCUSS
Last edited by bman on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: BREAKINGS NEW FROM ONTARIO (CANUCKLAND)

Post by ShadowDimentio » #303710

Canada is dead

Escape to America before Trump builds his second wall on the northern border to keep the trannies out
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #303712

I really don't think children are old enough to be able to comprehend the enormity of the decision they're making. I had a phase like that but it passed and I'm happier for it. I can't imagine how fucked up I'd be if I got the sex change surgery and realised afterwards I didn't want it.

I think the first solution should be therapy, not surgery. Surgery is not something you can undo just like that
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #303713

It doesn't mention christians but it can be used to target christian or otherwise traditionally conservative religious families.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #303714

D&B wrote:It doesn't mention christians but it can be used to target christian or otherwise traditionally conservative religious families.
a child’s religion is no longer a factor to be considered in determining the child’s best interest. That is, “religious faith” has been removed at nearly every reference contained in the previous Act. No longer can parents direct their child’s religion, but rather it is the “child’s creed” that is to be taken into consideration when determining the needs of a child. This provision will create conflict within the family over such issues as abortion, gender identity or even assisted suicide if the child decides that is what he/she wishes.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #303732

"The matters to be considered in determining the best interests of a child are changed. The child’s views and wishes, given due weight in accordance with the child’s age and maturity, unless they cannot be ascertained, and in the case of a First Nations, Inuk or Métis child, the importance of preserving the child’s cultural identity and connection to community must be taken into consideration. In addition, any other circumstances that are considered relevant, including a list of 11 circumstances similar to those listed in the current Act, are to be considered. Differences include: the current Act includes the child’s cultural background in this list while the new Act includes the child’s cultural and linguistic heritage; the current Act includes the religious faith in which the child is being raised while the new Act includes the child’s race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, family diversity, disability, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression"
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: BREAKING NEWS FROM ONTARIO (CANUCKLAND)

Post by Qbopper » #303737

does it define what ages this applies to
Limey wrote:its too late.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #303738

finally, i can be my own assassin's creed
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #303752

Armhulen wrote:finally, i can be my own assassin's creed
frog creed
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #303857

[youtube]2k0SmqbBIpQ[/youtube]
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #303860

If society is not trusting them with alcohol because they're not old enough
Why would society trust them to decide on permanent, irreversible surgery and hormone therapy?

Something isn't quite right here
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #303861

Because not removing all barriers to having it done would be transphobic
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #303865

bman wrote:
Armhulen wrote:finally, i can be my own assassin's creed
frog creed
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #303874

XSI wrote:If society is not trusting them with alcohol because they're not old enough
Why would society trust them to decide on permanent, irreversible surgery and hormone therapy?

Something isn't quite right here
There's nothing in the bill that requires permanent irreversible surgery or therapy, only that you must provide your child with transgender medical services if so requested.

In the end that decision probably requires a medical professional to approve of it, although I am not familiar with Canadian law.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #303876

It's hysterically easy to get transgender surgery in Canada, and if your doctor refuses for whatever reason you can sue them.

Basically if your 10 year old says "I wanna be a girlie!" and you don't immediately get them surgery and the state finds out you lose your kid.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #303879

ss13 irl now
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #303882

Gender surgery ban coming soon
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #303888

ShadowDimentio wrote:It's hysterically easy to get transgender surgery in Canada, and if your doctor refuses for whatever reason you can sue them.

Basically if your 10 year old says "I wanna be a girlie!" and you don't immediately get them surgery and the state finds out you lose your kid.
exaggeration to the extreme
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #303899

It's literally in the bill.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #303912

nope
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #303913

permits the CAS to withdraw a child from its family if it is determined the child is likely to suffer emotional or mental harm, or for a parent’s failure to provide the child with services or treatment. If a child decides he/she is of a gender other than his/her biological gender, the parents are required by this legislation to provide transgender medical services to the child or risk the child being removed from the home.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #303933

ShadowDimentio wrote:
That doesn't equate to what you said, Shadow. It only could be interpreted that way.

I think that a lot of whether this is good or bad depends on a) material contained elsewhere in Canadian law and CAS protocols and b) How those protocols are applied.

Some brief research indicates that official CAS protocols typically have a cautious definition of "emotional or mental harm". I'm far from an expert on Canadian case law, but the scenario you described is infeasible, as it would be difficult to demonstrate "emotional or mental harm".
-----------VVVVV-------------------READ THIS PART, IT'S IMPORTANT AND I DID A FAIR BIT OF RESEARCH TO ARRIVE AT ITVVVV

Essentially, as my research indicates, CAS decisions are made very much on acase-by-case basis- but at least one of certain criteria must be fulfilled. However, prior to the inception of this law, there was no clause that would allow a refusal of transgender services to lead to withdrawal of children. This meant that anyone under 18 wishing to transition had essentially no recourse if their parents wouldn't permit it.

Secondly, to preempt another question: "Why can't the kiddos wait until they turn 18??" A full transition therapy takes several years, and is most effective (in terms of making the subject biologically similar to the opposite gender) if it's started in the 15-18 year age range. Delaying hormone treatments starting until someone turns 18 means that either they will be less like a normal member of the opposite gender, or have to go through many additional surgeries and treatments.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #303937

>They might have to wait until they're 18

Good. Until you're 18 at least you shouldn't be trusted with such a huge decision, especially if you can't even convince your parents.

Now thanks to this bill your parents, your guardians, have absolutely no way of stopping you from going through with it even if they know it's not what you really want.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
XSI

Post by XSI » #303939

Why don't we just all get ourselves robotic bodies. Then you can get whatever body you want
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #303940

Also literally what the hell are you talking about, it's LITERALLY WRITTEN RIGHT HERE that you HAVE to give them the surgery if they want it or you risk having your kid taken from you. There's no "interpreting" this, it's RIGHT THERE
If a child decides he/she is of a gender other than his/her biological gender, the parents are required by this legislation to provide transgender medical services to the child or risk the child being removed from the home.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #303948

can you keep this shit in the pol thread this shit is irrelevant to me and most people
XSI

Post by XSI » #303953

I'm sure that's doable if /pol/ levels of satire can keep out of the law in turn
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #303963

nsos wrote:can you keep this shit in the pol thread this shit is irrelevant to me and most people
how'zit /pol/
i didnt give any strong opinions on this bill, i just dropped it here to be discussed.

i mean yeah if people have strong opinions in the reply posts that's just the side effect on being on, well, the internet.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #303989

ShadowDimentio wrote:Also literally what the hell are you talking about, it's LITERALLY WRITTEN RIGHT HERE that you HAVE to give them the surgery if they want it or you risk having your kid taken from you. There's no "interpreting" this, it's RIGHT THERE
If a child decides he/she is of a gender other than his/her biological gender, the parents are required by this legislation to provide transgender medical services to the child or risk the child being removed from the home.
It's not though.
"transgender medical services" Does not equate to just surgery.
You start with a therapist, and you only proceed down a "medical transition" if you're then actually diagnosed as having GID by said therapist.

All the bill requires (taking the above into account) is that you take your child to a doctor to see if they are actually trans/find out what else could be wrong with them (Body dysmorphia, Depression, etc.)

Now, I might be wrong on some parts because I'm not 100% familiar with how the Canucks do it, but this is how it is with the NHS in the UK.
In the UK you can't (Non-privately, Non-illegally) start a medical transition without being diagnosed (I would HOPE the same is true for Canada.), You can of course, socially transition, and are actually in some cases required to do this for a few months before you can start a medical transition.

tl;dr all the bill requires is that the child's issues are investigated, which should really be true if ANYTHING is seriously distressing someone, ignoring issues (child or adult) leads to poor life choices and often suicide.

A lot of you are right in that they should be required to wait till 18 to medically transition, BUT I believe hormone blockers (that simply delay puberty) should be given to give them the best chance at living a normal life if they do decide to transition.
私は完璧
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #304013

So basically, let your kid get the help they need for whatever reason(be it trans, depression, whatever) or they take your kid away. Sounds more than reasonable.
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #304018

lzimann wrote:So basically, let your kid get the help they need for whatever reason(be it trans, depression, whatever) or they take your kid away. Sounds more than reasonable.
dont like posting in a pol thread but this
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #304023

Now I'm not a doctor, but I think cutting boys ball off or forcing HRT upon their organism before the end of puberty will adversely affect his mental and physical development.

But that's just my biology minor speaking.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #304026

It's a good thing you actually read all of the thread Lumbermancer!
:roll:
私は完璧
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #304028

Nothing I wrote is wrong.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #304029

You must have really poor reading comprehension then.
私は完璧
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #304031

No, it's quite alright.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #304035

Clearly not, but I'll leave you alone in your cave.
私は完璧
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #304036

You can just say it and embarrass me in front of my peers and colleagues.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #304045

Qbopper wrote:does it define what ages this applies to
Limey wrote:its too late.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #304085

where's the bill to let CPS rescue a kid if their parent is shadowdimentio
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #304086

I support the rights of the transgendered, I really do, but even I can see how this could be overreaching or abused. Then again, I don't know much about Canada land laws and such.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #304089

Remie, I think lumber was just talking about in general. Nothing anyone has posted above him really disproved him or whatever, they were just clarifying what the bill was.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #304108

Lumbermancer wrote:Now I'm not a doctor, but I think cutting boys ball off or forcing HRT upon their organism before the end of puberty will adversely affect his mental and physical development.

But that's just my biology minor speaking.
Pretty sure the idea is to bring kids to psychologists first, not straight to surgery. If it's an actual psychological disorder it's up to the psychologist to tell if it would be more damaging to wait until 18 or to risk operating too soon.
Ignoring it outright, without even consulting a psychologist, will probably hurt development or mental health as well, if it's a serious disorder.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #304132

TheColdTurtle wrote:Remie, I think lumber was just talking about in general. Nothing anyone has posted above him really disproved him or whatever, they were just clarifying what the bill was.
Uh, yes, something did, what I posted.
You don't walk in as a five year old and get the surgery, that's bullshit invented by morons.
You go through therapy, get a diagnosis, and go from there.
私は完璧
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #304136

So you're saying I wasn't wrong, just non sequitur. Makes you think.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #304156

Remie Richards wrote:It's a good thing you actually read all of the thread Lumbermancer!
私は完璧
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #304163

Remie Richards wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:It's a good thing you actually read all of the thread Lumbermancer!
passive aggressive and mean
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #304176

Dont post in trans issues threads Remie you're too invested and can't handle bants and no one wants to deal with you threatening to take your code and go home with it again.

I mean i doubt you'll read this because you supposedly have me blocked but still for your sake maybe stay out of threads you know are deliberately going to shit on your identity? Youre not actually going to jog anyones noggin here.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #304184

post politics in the politics thread please thank you there is a reason why I mentioned a successful forum once completely banning political discussion and still being a great place
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #304187

I just probably won't have kids tbh, 2 much work
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered