New Starship trooper

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

New Starship trooper

Post by srifenbyxp » #316015

[youtube]8WP1hUxbNs8[/youtube]
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Re: New Starship trooper

Post by DrPillzRedux » #316024

anime
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #316050

unless they manage to maintain the thick layer of societal satire that Verhoeven was so great at, it's not Starship Troopers
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #316127

Verhoeven was making fun of the book with his starship troopers movie.

The book is a very pro-military political essay with tiny bits of story added.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #316156

I understand it goes over your head if you're a kid, but how can you watch that movie now and not think to yourself "this is satire"

also it is satire of militarism and jingoism in general, it's not aimed at America specifically, don't be so sensitive jeez
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #316595

[youtube]P31u7ARISTc[/youtube]
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #316597

Anybody remember the vidya?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #316605

YOUR MISSION JOHN MARINE YOUR NAME KILL ALL BUGS

UGH NEED MY CITIZENSHIP
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #316623

CosmicScientist wrote:But I don't want to watch it again and I want to be as sensitive as an open nerve who spent all their life on the internet before going outside. =(
Think 9/11 and invasion of Iraq.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #316626

[youtube]uCE66sBgwv8[/youtube]
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #316632

DemonFiren wrote:Anybody remember the vidya?
the RTS?
私は完璧
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #316636

no, the fps
that was something very
uh
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #316637

There was a warcraft 3 map of this, does that count?
PanzerIV
Byond Username: Panzer IV

Post by PanzerIV » #316646

Is just me or does the look of the new armor feels kind of halo/cod-ish ?
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #316661

DemonFiren wrote:no, the fps
that was something very
uh
shame.
the RTS was good.

It was called 'Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy'

You know the scene in the first film where they're defending whiskey outpost on Planet P?
In one of the missions you have to take and defend whiskey outpost from a swarm of Arachnids, it's great.
私は完璧
PanzerIV
Byond Username: Panzer IV

Post by PanzerIV » #316662

CosmicScientist wrote:Maybe gears of war but with more normal human wearers?
Hm maybe your right but it feels off. like it doesn't look like star ship troopers but that could be me.

Also do you guys remember the spin off kids show the Roughnecks?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #316665

Thats funny because the Marine armor from Halo 1 always reminded me of Starship troopers
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #317051

The plot thickens
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #319475

Remie Richards wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:no, the fps
that was something very
uh
shame.
the RTS was good.

It was called 'Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy'

You know the scene in the first film where they're defending whiskey outpost on Planet P?
In one of the missions you have to take and defend whiskey outpost from a swarm of Arachnids, it's great.
Yes it was great, it even had marauder suits... with y-racks!
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #371207

DrPillzRedux wrote:anime