Suggest waiting at least a week.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Re: 2k18 /pol/

Post by XSI » #398628

Remember that "Native" means "Born in the place" these days. So it does not give any sort of information as to their culture, ethnicity, religion, or anything that can get you a mental image of who it is
They may as well say "Human being" at this point, and it would be just as accurate

But at this point everyone is fucking up everywhere else, so whatever works
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #398730

"There was literally no reason for Assad to use chemical weapons on those rebels, they're encircled and he's on the brink of victory! It makes no sense! False flag!"

I've been seeing this everywhere on the usual alt-right and russian propaganda outlets, it makes me wonder if the bombings of hiroshima and nagasaki were false flags as well, after all the US was winning, Japan was already doomed to lose so there was literally no reason to use nukes
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #398735

nuking the japs was necessary, we needed godzilla

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #398738

Grazyn wrote:"There was literally no reason for Assad to use chemical weapons on those rebels, they're encircled and he's on the brink of victory! It makes no sense! False flag!"

I've been seeing this everywhere on the usual alt-right and russian propaganda outlets, it makes me wonder if the bombings of hiroshima and nagasaki were false flags as well, after all the US was winning, Japan was already doomed to lose so there was literally no reason to use nukes
Its actually more questionable after the first supposed round of gas attacks were discredited that it suddenly happens again when there was no tactical or strategic value in doing so. The bombings at Hiroshima and Nagasaki were arguably of strategic value, especially in the sort of war fighting that was anticipated at the time. Conversely, the Syrian conflict has been rife with intelligence and "advisory" meddling from outside forces since the start. This includes the sort of groups already caught colluding with false-flag or trumping-up operations like the White Helmets.

Assad does and will do a lot of questionable things, but the first rule of analyzing anyone is presuming the person is a rational human being with intelligence on par with at least the guy next to you at the bar. If you've already been under scrutiny for supposed use of chemical weapons in the past and that by using chemical weapons you would bring down condemnation from powers greater than your own onto your head, it would be irrational to do so. Despots do not come into power by doing things that would have them unseated. Its a fun political meme to merely pretend that anyone in a despotic or dictatorial position is a madman or an idiot (because anyone in a political position we disfavor must be a madman or an idiot) but its presuming a lot to think that the dictator hates power so much that they would jeopardize it in such a comically stupid way. Its equally stupid to put our country into yet another expensive and ultimately pointless war over such a presumption. We've done that quite enough this decade already.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #398755

>Nuking Japan wasn't strategic

It was strategic as fuck, what are you talking about my dude

And as for the gas attacks, yeah I'm highly doubtful myself, especially with how it conveniently happened right as Trump was seriously considering leaving Syria.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #398765

It was strategic because the United States wanted Japan to surrender before the Soviets invaded the Japanese home island, and they didn't want to launch an invasion of their own.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #398767

Well I mean, all Assad suffered in retaliation for the first chemical attack was some very minor damage to an airbase, he was basically left alone after that and has been steadily regaining territory ever since. Gas attacks are cheap, effective and devastating for morale, it's not so far-fetched to think that Assad would have used it to quickly end the siege and move on to the next target, knowing fully well that there will be no serious consequences whatsoever. It's not like Trump is going to massively escalate over such a thing, going against everything he promised since he entered politics (i.e. reduce american military involvement overseas especially in some shithole country no one cares about)

The only real problem is Israel, they've been trying to play Russia and US against each other for some time while they keep stirring shit with their own crusade against Iran, they're really overstepping their boundaries now and should be kept in check, too bad Trump has surrounded himself with pro-Isreal hawks who seem to think that Israel is worth any amount of shit and instability
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #398779

Assad is a awkward one, because often you need non-westernized valued military dictatorships to be ruthless enough to keep equally ruthless insurgents calm, ISIS has been on the backfoot a little bit and relocated more into central Africa from what i've been hearing but it could easily re-enable them to regain a grip in Syria to have any kind of loosening of Assad's power to attack them. Disabling his regime from wreaking havoc on inappropriate targets through chemical weapons rather than dissassembling it is cruicial and seems to be a tactic despite the initial ongoing crisis with rebel groups still opposing him directly, i don't think they want to initiate another gulf war by a mile and that's what the exercise on that airbase was about on Trump's passive aggressive strategy of pressure that is happening on Kim Jong Un indirectly, and this is what it looks like militarized.

> Though i might just be stating the obvious to some i guess.

Israel has a lot of shit going on with Palestine and hostile theocratic neighbours like Iran (Iran currently also irking Saudi Arabia into a proposed nuclear arms race) their interests may be their own but the likely consequence of them failing and being thrown as free-game into the hands of mobs of angry zealots dotted around that region for those that can't slip quietly away goes without saying. Religious persecution is wrife, taking Egyptian Coptic Christians as a example (but in many ways typically out of the line of sight of conflict since the reign of Gaddafi, likened to the position of Saddam Hussein & what we now have as Assad) cannot worship in peace.

Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #399004

[youtube]d-0vbvy2ip4[/youtube]
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #399012

ShadowDimentio wrote:Gun control is a trap.
A cute one at least?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #399016

captain sawrge wrote:
A cute one at least?
100% uncute
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #399018

ShadowDimentio wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:
A cute one at least?
100% uncute
A trap no one would fall for is hardly a trap at all, now is it?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #399066

CosmicScientist wrote:Knife control chan is where it's at. Move over gun control baka, you don't carry enough bubble wrap.
Oy youse got a license for that banter mate?
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #399127

Russia is threatening to shoot down any missiles aimed at Syria and to hit their launching platforms as well. Meanwhile, Isreal is bombing iranian bases in Syria like they couldn't give less of a shit of the crisis unfolding around them. Could they just behave for just one time and wait for uncle sam to give instructions instead of fanning the fires of war like they always do? Holy shit Isreal, what the fuck is wrong with you??
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #399129

Uncle Sam is too busy firing his staff to fire his missiles.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #399153

when shit starts going down remember to fill up your bathtub with water, you don't know how long you have before power goes off and clean water will be your primary issue
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #399159

Grazyn wrote:Russia is threatening to shoot down any missiles aimed at Syria and to hit their launching platforms as well. Meanwhile, Isreal is bombing iranian bases in Syria like they couldn't give less of a shit of the crisis unfolding around them. Could they just behave for just one time and wait for uncle sam to give instructions instead of fanning the fires of war like they always do? Holy shit Isreal, what the fuck is wrong with you??
You know the toady character in movies that always has the big brother/friend hovering over him to cover for him when he pokes the protagonists in the chest? That's Israel shielded by America. They know they're unironically cemented in "greatest ally only democracy in the region" meme status and they're milking it for every single cent its worth.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #399591

The middle east was a mistake.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #399711

Not really, Africa and the middle east have been at war for forever.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #399717

As has the rest of the world.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #399725

I live in a fairy tale world where whitey dont fightey
crack is whack but smacks got your back
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #399771

DemonFiren wrote:As has the rest of the world.
Historically? Yes. In modern times? Still yes but not so much "perpetually" like with Africa and the middle east.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #399772

ShadowDimentio wrote:but not so much "perpetually" like with Africa and the middle east.
An American posting this is pure kino
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #399774

I'd post the Webm of Israel getting nuked in /pol/ simulator but I'm pretty sure Kor would have me v& by MI6

That slimey varmint has it in for me
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #399775

#NoPeaceInTheMiddleEast
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #399776

A genocide occured in europe just 20 years ago. I think it would be more accurate to say "a few western european states haven't been in a state of war since WW2"
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #399781

Serbia did nothing wrong, Serbia Strong, Remove Kebab.

Kosovo is a prime example of the Invasion of Bellies and its effectiveness.
Serbia lost a third of it's country because fighting against mass immigration and anchor babies will always make you demonised by the rest of the world, especially if a world leader is looking for something to distract the public from him getting sucked off by a fat chick.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #399787

Murder mystery novels are big business at the moment in the UK because of a target demographic market's desire to see justice in our society in other news.

Speaks volumes.

Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #399788

Malkevin wrote:Serbia did nothing wrong, Serbia Strong, Remove Kebab.

Kosovo is a prime example of the Invasion of Bellies and its effectiveness.
Serbia lost a third of it's country because fighting against mass immigration and anchor babies will always make you demonised by the rest of the world, especially if a world leader is looking for something to distract the public from him getting sucked off by a fat chick.
I was thinking more of things like mass slaughter of thousands of civilians, forcing brothers to rape their own sisters and cutting unborn babies out of their mothers' bellies but yes, kosovo works too
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #399792

mostly there is minimal military action between or against countries with nukes for obvious reasons
and between eu members also for obvious reasons
and that's about it

so now the three big countries with nukes are being less stable than usual, as is the eu
this looks fun

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #399809

In other words, get the popcorn, shit's happening and it's not something you can influence anyway

Unless you believe in magic and stuff, in which case you should get the ritual materials out
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #399815

Is fox hunting just another of the occult rituals of the pedosatanic anglo elites?
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #399816

No comment on Queen Elizabeth's ancestry traced back to Mohammad? Is the British Caliphate finally becoming something more than an idle dream?

Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #399832

>one of the prophet's bazillion descendants gets RECONQUISTADA
>the brit queen becomes a muslim

I got CK2 last week, I know how shit works and this ain't it.
XSI

Post by XSI » #399833

Give it another 500 years and we'll all technically be able to count every Elvis* among our ancestors

Thats just how genetics works, that stuff gets everywhere. It's kinda what it's supposed to do

*I did not check if he had a kid, replace with whatever silly insert if he did not
XSI

Post by XSI » #399841

Spy novels are like murder mystery novels

The difference is that murder mystery novel has one guy who did it, and the spy novel has a whole organisation doing it
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #399843

The funny thing is that I discovered CK2 when XSI did a Muslim England AAR on the old forums
XSI

Post by XSI » #399858

Good times, that. I never did finish that thing
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #399891

Spy Fiction tends to either be romanticised high-class fast tuxedos, expensive women and hot cars or fairly dark and gritty and generally more 'realistic'. Like one bar that serves overpriced Martinis and another that spits in your glass and serves you watered down beer.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #399921

>Vote Leave broke election spending rules during the referendum

hohohoho
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
XSI

Post by XSI » #400116

Probably fair

If it helps with the anxiety, there's no real status change in cold war or not being a cold war. That's just the news trying to make everything seem dramatic for views. Like practically every topic they cover
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #400124

My official stance on politics is that if the news is not reporting on it, then that makes it worth focusing on. Since every single of them has an agenda, you can get a good idea of what it is when they're soft-balling/under-reporting on something
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #400305

Also, I forgot, but the German truck driver was definitely German-German. German name, and German equipment.
Such as two non-functioning assault rifles, two non-functioning hand grenades, a load of firecrackers that would have resulted in a substantial explosion but he failed to wire them up properly, etc.
The only thing that worked was the truck and the pistol he shot himself in the head with (I think.)

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #400373

hm
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
XSI

Post by XSI » #400465

At least he had the most important thing working then. Always keep your escape plan up to date.

Though I suppose it's not intented to be that sort of escape when the advice is given.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #400472

imblyings wrote:

hm
Keter-class shit to be sure.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #400741

Should we go full depraved shithead and start setting up betting pools for the next shooting location?

No generic answers like "school" or "business", bare minimum we do a location+state bet, like Massachusetts Truck Stop

Bonus points if you add a city and get that right
XSI

Post by XSI » #400745

Detroit inner city street/ghetto
Motive: "Drug related"

What do I win?
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #400750

XSI wrote:Detroit inner city street/ghetto
Motive: "Drug related"

What do I win?
Too bad, the correct answer was "Chicago" and "Yes"
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #400796

I should reiterate

The next mass shooting that isn't just gang members culling their own population