2k18 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Re: 2k18 /pol/

Post by Takeguru » #400796

Bottom post of the previous page:

I should reiterate

The next mass shooting that isn't just gang members culling their own population
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #401650

Schroedinger's chemical attack, it didn't happen and it was conducted by the rebels at the same time. Russia and Syria should at least agree on the same story
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #401718

I'm tired of Syria

Lets just call it Assad's victory and move on to the next thing. He's clearly got things mostly under control and it's not like the Russians would accept any attempt to invade anyway
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #401720

They're just milking it for politik gain, French president Macron is already 'Hon Hon Hon'ing it up that he's "besties" with Trump and can get him involved in irrelevant things like this

Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #401721

Syria is also a great test bed for modern weapon techs, it's not some random african shithole so it offers at least the slightest challenge for NATO weaponry. Just look at the latest attack: first use of JASSM, first use of the new french naval missile, first use of a Virginia sub to launch TLAMs, not to mention all the sweet intel they got on russian defense systems.

They're gonna milk it for that too, a big war is coming in the next few decades, gotta know how your stuff works outside of exercises and simulations
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #401786

cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #401797

Grazyn wrote:Syria is also a great test bed for modern weapon techs, it's not some random african shithole so it offers at least the slightest challenge for NATO weaponry. Just look at the latest attack: first use of JASSM, first use of the new french naval missile, first use of a Virginia sub to launch TLAMs, not to mention all the sweet intel they got on russian defense systems.

They're gonna milk it for that too, a big war is coming in the next few decades, gotta know how your stuff works outside of exercises and simulations
While I never really considered the weapons testbed angle, I was more under the impression this was another US/EU-Russia oil pipeline pissing match. Where you can't make them not build the pipeline, start a proxy war in the middle of the construction route.
XSI

Post by XSI » #401804

Why would it be just one thing exclusively?

It could be both
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #401808

XSI wrote:Why would it be just one thing exclusively?

It could be both
I'm not impressed so far that its only 2 policy purposes. We've been doing this shit for decades and people buy it every time.
XSI

Post by XSI » #401977

It's probably more along the lines of 5 or 6 different goals, but the local people's safety isn't one of them
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #402336

The Duchess of Cambridge just entered labor, new royal baby happening soon, are you excited?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #402365

Another anchor baby from a migrant family, ready to sponge off the tax payer
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #402454

unrelated but remember when i said the >vice meme doesnt apply anymore??
[youtube]IDsyJCxYAoc[/youtube]

it still holds up
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #402459

Oh, a waffle house in Tennessee

Alright, were any bets placed? Quarter credit for either state/location being correct
XSI

Post by XSI » #402531

Nobody got that, all the guesses were big cities I believe

As for europe being divided- Yeah, of course it is. What do they expect with the shit that's been done politically? It's only going to get worse at this rate too.
>Difference in immigration status, political views, and rich/poor
What they don't mention is that all three of these are essentially the same shit. The rich, who oppose the poor, with neo-liberal economic and authoritarian political views that oppose every other view, bring in immigrants to keep the cost of labour low so they can drop wages and rake in more money while shitting on the peasantry

But it's a pretty well-laid plan on their part, because now the hate is directed at their scapegoat immigrants and not at the people who caused it all, with their pet antifa chapters fanning the flames by opposing any grassroots movement and calling them nazi fascists, this adds on a layer by making people dislike the left for fighting against band-aid solutions and reactions rather than the elitist shits that fucked it all up in the first place. The politicans most in favour of unrestricted immigration are now yelling about harsh punishments for immigrants who commit crimes and suggesting we need harsher policing and more punishments for criminals overall while at the same time expanding the definition of 'criminal'. Except for politicians. They can have several corruption scandals running and they'll still get a bonus, rather than arrested.
XSI

Post by XSI » #402590

Historically, the left has wanted immigrants because of an internationally focussed communism, and a lot of them being officially or unofficially funded by the USSR
And the right wanted them because cheap labour for their factories. Cheap labour that doesn't join unions

That's pretty much everywhere in the western world, but that said, you are right that without knowing the questions we can't really draw any reasonable conclusions, I'm just ranting
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #403683

Amazing times
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #403767

take me by the hand, lead me to the land
that you understand
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #403783

the sad part is that macron is going to take control of europe from us
god dammit ruling the continent is germany's job
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #403843

Stupid Euros trying to make a United States of Europe, it WON'T WORK
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #403916

Guess it's just like the US of A, then.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #403919

DemonFiren wrote:the sad part is that macron is going to take control of europe from us
god dammit ruling the continent is germany's job
France has nukes, you don't
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #403920

so what
israel has nukes and they don't rule the middle east

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #403921

They aren't allied with Israel though. In an alliance, if you have nukes and the others don't, you're the leader of the alliance. Want to oust France? Start by making your own nukes
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #403922

nukes are glorified firecrackers and don't really have a place in euro politics
here it's all about money and we have more than everyone else
which is why merkel has managed to stay popular up until the refugee crisis: by throwing money at problems
except the greek, fuck the greek

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #403923

If you have so much money why don't you make nukes
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #403926

that's like asking why japan doesn't make nukes, considering we're in the same category of "countries that can obtain nuclear weapons within a few months if they wanted to"

at this point I sincerely hope you're shitposting

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #403932

France doesn't just have nukes, they also still have puppet states all around their former colonial empire and, most importantly, the military might and power projection to enforce their rule and solve troubles wherever they arise. German army is pathetic compared to the French, you don't even have fuel to run your shitty tanks and have to rely completely on ol' uncle Sam to protect your freedom. Remind me, how many cruise missiles did Germany fire at Syria? Oh right, none. Because you have none.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #403935

figured you were baiting

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #403944

>germany
>they also still have puppet states all around their former colonial empire and, most importantly, the military might and power projection to enforce their rule and solve troubles

lol i'd give it a few hundred more years and a few name changes before what is germany EVER gets to do that
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #403966

merkel runs the caliphate, your argument is invalid

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #404200

The list of people I would trust with nukes notably excludes all the people who actually have access to nukes
A few more probably won't hurt
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #404206

XSI wrote:A few more probably won't hurt
[youtube]CdtAFIl2jhc[/youtube]

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #404392

this whole thread is bait

on a completely unrelated note Kanye West has shown me the true path and I am now a devout follower of Qanon
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #404432

World War III is off boys. Also, Trump 99% gets re-elected now.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #404472

Headlines: Orange man fails to destroy world, saves it
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #404483

ShadowDimentio wrote:Headlines: Orange man fails to destroy world, saves it
He had one job. The secret Cabal who put him there isn't going to be happy
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #404488

Luke Cox wrote:World War III is off boys. Also, Trump 99% gets re-elected now.
hot takes are at 11 frank not at 9.
XSI

Post by XSI » #404550

What did the amazing orange do this time that people credit him saving the world?

Also that video seems about right
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #404607

Cheese man was the major player in ending the Korean war and possibly starting reunification. That's what South Korea's president is saying anyways.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #404631

XSI wrote:What did the amazing orange do this time that people credit him saving the world?

Also that video seems about right
Aggressive diplomacy and appearing to be someone who will follow through on threats. He pressured China hard, to the point where they finally relented and enforced sanctions. Naval blockades cut off support from Russia. North Korea is completely cut off. Combined with the failure of their nuclear program, they don't have any choice but to capitulate or face collapse and a seemingly unhinged leader with an itchy trigger finger.

It's not even Trump claiming this, it's the South Korean president.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #404638

how about north korea are a buncha cherry berry tards and decided to conduct nuclear tests on a geolocially active volcano and now not only did the base collapse but the entire volcano is also prone to blow the fuck up and throw all that nice radiation all through east asia.

i feel like that is a more reasonable assumption to make as to why they're coming to the table when prior other american presidents have done the same exact thing as trump has done yet nothing was actually achieved.

lets not forget that 2 months ago everyone and their mother was insisting that there was going to be war with all the sabre rattling going on from trump.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #404640

And clearly those people were very wrong.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #404642

trump did not really offer any other option other than "my way or the highway".

once again, this had nothing to do with trump being a good politician or a good diplomat. its funny that when trump shuts the fuck up and stops posting tripe on twitter that the involved parties on the ground actually manage to get a good dialogue and finally achieve something.

but nah the orange irate cheeto did all the work what a diplomatic master stroke let's go celebrate @ popeyes.
Last edited by ColonicAcid on Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #404643

And it worked, evidently. And if you don't want to listen to Trump praising himself on solving this, consider listening to South Korea's president and foreign secretary praising Trump on solving this.

Denial is unhealthy my guy.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #404652

aight brodie.

ive seen trump diplomacy to know enough that this being entirely trumps work is about as possible as me shitting out gold but u know im entilted to my opinion and ur entilted to yours, even if all yours stands on is screeching that im in denial.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #404654

I mean if you won't listen to Trump, South Korea's president or their foreign secretary all literally saying Trump was the major reason things are happening, yeah I'd say you're in pretty harsh denial.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #404679

Like I said before, North Korea capitulating is a combination of several factors. The test site incident and other failures in their nuclear program are a big factor for sure. They probably lost a good number of scientists in that, and it's also been rumored that some of the radiation made its way to China. You've also got the aforementioned blockades cutting off supplies from Russia. China's pressure, however, is largely a product of Trump's pressure. He started a trade war with China, he sabre rattled at North Korea until he got carpal tunnel, and ultimately convinced China to cut off trade with NK. Again, this isn't Trump bragging about it. South Korea is crediting this outcome in part to Trump. Ironically, the more globalist politicians seem to have extremely Eurocentric views on how diplomacy should work. Being pleasant and agreeable is how you deal with westerners. Doing that shit in Asia will get you rolled over. Trump's highly aggressive approach was exactly what was needed. He's hardly perfect and I'm still fairly neutral on him, but the dude deserves a fucking Nobel Peace Prize if this pans out.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #404751

ShadowDimentio wrote:I mean if you won't listen to Trump, South Korea's president or their foreign secretary all literally saying Trump was the major reason things are happening, yeah I'd say you're in pretty harsh denial.
the reason he's saying that is that he needs to jack off trump enough to stay in the region
as soon as the us stops giving a fuck about korea the north will stop giving a fuck about the south because lmao you and what army

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #404781

The mental gymnastics that people are willing to go through to avoid attributing this in any way to Trump is staggering. South Korea is saying point blank "credit to Trump". If you think that the US is going to keep or remove troops in South Korea based on how much their president kisses our president's ass, you have a painfully naive view of the situation in the region. Even if war with China is basically never going to happen, our troops are going to be in South Korea until the end of time.