2k18 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: 2k18 /pol/

Post by DemonFiren » #435998

Bottom post of the previous page:

I don't know about you, but I like practical gifts.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #436035

roses are red
violets are blue
somewhere an asian
is slightly less inept than you

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #436046

I read a story once about a group of Chinese tourists from the deep countryside, they'd never seen a body of water wider than a stream. When they saw the sea for the first time, they were so excited they all run into it and drowned.

There are a lot of stories, some real some exaggerated, about chinese people reacting stupidly or erraticaly when exposed to trivial things, but this is basically what happens when you take the most ignorant peasants straight from the 17th century and suddenly move them to big cities and give them money and modern technology.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #436048

Not in the sense that government gave them money, but sudden industrialization and explosive economic growth had this effect.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #436064

CosmicScientist wrote:>anal
>protesters want universities to offer sex ed

>live in UK
>sex ed in secondary school
>people still try to impreggernate women via the belly button
How many did you attend with to secondary school that either were cunts or fidgets that either never absorbed the information or always in their minds had better things to be doing. The answer was all of them in some capacity, and within the phase of getting out of the stage of adolescence you for the majority forget everything you learnt because they will never be relevant to you again. Anybody who leaves early obviously has it all worked out, some sort of nepotistic job insurance or is a dead-end anyway.

Who for the most part between people who leave education late for the full course & those who leave early probably have no better IQ or understanding of the world than anybody else but is full of mundanely useless facts and learns more when they are away from education and actually seek out the answers to things on google or their phone. Partly one of the reasons i think phones are so essential, its essentially a hitchikers guide to living on Earth at this stage of your life.

> Teaching is mundanely pointless for general knowledge because it used to be the only applicable practice before people could read, a aide when people became literate, and now people carry the entire storage of human knowledge and intelligence in their back pocket, as often contradictory and misguided as real books and teaching can be.

So education sets you up for failure right until the point they start extorting you for student loans, honestly universities should just be a mix between adult day-care and bootcamp since they already build campuses for students to live on site to some extent.

Spoiler:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #436102

The western educational system is designed to teach the peasantry to read so the literacy rates would go up in the 1800s
And that's about it. It's good at teaching kids to read and write but it doesn't do well at teaching literally anything else. The rest was just sort of tacked on to that and people called it good enough

It needs a full rework at some point to actually teach the skills we need it to teach aside from reading/writing, but nobody really cares enough to fix it and the few that try tend to fuck it up even worse or run into opposition that blocks them entirely
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #436104

I still refuse to get over charging for books that are essential to a course's completion.

Tbh the only thing education's good at is literacy/numeracy and trying to teach people to not be socially retarded when they grow up - though some people seemed to be trying their damnedest to try to remove that last bit.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #436304

A bunch of charges against those terrorists in that compound in New Mexico training kids to go on shooting sprees were dropped because the prosecution didn't file them. This comes after the compound got fucking ransacked out of nowhere. What the fuck is going on?
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #436306

Its actually a FBI sleeper cell operation using child-agents. Or the source of the children is from fucky links to people smugglers and haitian crisis victims.

Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #436310

You forgot the part where one of the terrorists was on CNN as a spokesperson and example of a peaceful muslim
That was an amusing bit

As for the soft drinks ban...Meh? Stop banning shit, Britain, it doesn't help. It just means that either parents and/or older siblings/friends will get the drinks for the kids, or the kids will reach that age and then fuck their body up with a shitload of those drinks
XSI

Post by XSI » #437847

It sounds like the kind of thing they'd talk about when they have ran out of important matters to discus
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #437866

Someone left their knickers on Rees Mogg's door?
XSI

Post by XSI » #437892

Have they considered that this kinda just seems like regular old harassment and the same laws should probably apply?
It's silly to have an exception just for this one specific case.

And what of the scottish? Any penalty for taking pics under the kilt? Traditionally they wear nothing under there after all
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #437918

In america pants go on the outside
XSI

Post by XSI » #437993

That sounds like they should just put the whole thing under voyeurism and call it good

It's basically just a voyeur act anyway
XSI

Post by XSI » #438742

Swedish elections!
...Are a sad joke, banana republic levels of failure with loads of inconsistencies and problems reported
https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/ka ... -politiker
"The Danish politician and OSCE election monitor Michael Aastrup Jensen says that in all his years as an election monitor, he has never seen an election as undemocratic as the Swedish one, which he says is far below the Swedish standard. Jensen is foreign policy spokesperson for the liberal government party Venstre in Denmark, and has acted election monitor in Russia and other Eastern European countries."
So even compared to Russian elections, the Swedish elections were considered to be terrible
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #438770

Yeah Russia and 4chan must have failed bigly. I expected the nazis to achieve majority and not this meagre 18%
XSI

Post by XSI » #438777

To be fair there
Exit polls had them at ~25%
When Ukraine had only a 2% difference in exit polls to reported results, it was immediately reported as election fraud and several investigations were started into Russia possibly manipulating things

Not like the swedish nationalists can do anything anyway, every single other party has already said they wont work with them. So no amount of votes is going to really make a difference
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #438779

Meh, that's a problem of exit polls being taken too seriously. First exit polls at the latest elections here also were skewed by around 5%
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #438785

What was wrong with them
XSI

Post by XSI » #438789

The Swedes have no anonymous voting, no oversight of note on having the votes actually get counted properly, or transported safely

As one would expect from an african country, not a european one
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #438790

even other social democracies are starting to look at Sweden like a failed experiment.

I doubt their mistakes will be repeated.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #438793

I go on vacation for one week and I lose the ability to tell bait from idiocy

how do I hide an entire thread

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #438872

XSI wrote:The Swedes have no anonymous voting, no oversight of note on having the votes actually get counted properly, or transported safely

As one would expect from an african country, not a european one
so do they just like throw out all the votes by white people or what
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #438879

CosmicScientist wrote: Mark topics read.
doesn't remove it from the thread list
doesn't hide it from "view your posts"

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #438918

How it works from my minimum of research:
* Swedes enter voting place
* Identify self to workers there? Not sure on this one and what exactly they're using
* Pick one ballot, colour coded by party they're voting for with party logo displayed on ballot
* Enter 'anonymous' voting booth to fill in ballot they already chose in public
* Recording video and/or sound is allowed in the entire thing
* Put finished ballot in very thin envelope that can be seen through with minimum effort
* Leave again

So it is both incredibly easy to determine who voted for what, what a specific vote is for, and without oversight on it, it's entirely possible to just have some votes go missing.
It seems the entire thing depends on the idea that Swedes are well-meaning and won't fuck things up. Which may have worked before, but these days politics are a lot more opposed and there's a whole lot of people who would love to make votes they disagree with just disappear
And there's been a whole bunch of reports on ballots being found on the side of the road, so clearly it's not working anymore
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #438998

XSI

Post by XSI » #438999

Shit happens
Restaurant said sorry, gives a gift card, refund for the meal, and...What more do they expect?

Sucks for them, but they didn't know and they spit it out after, so they didn't really eat the meat
What is the problem here?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #439000

uh
can I page sticky?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #439002

I was about to say that being fed animal flesh when you're an animal lover who would never hurt animals let alone fucking EAT THEM is more than enough justification for her reaction (though the article doesn't say if she explicitly told the staff she was vegan), but then I read this part
‘It was my new year’s resolution to go vegan and it had all been going really well up until that point. ‘I felt like all my hard work had gone to waste.’
this makes it sound like she's angry because they ruined her no-meat-eating streak, like it was some kind of game and not a real ethical stance
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #439003

XSI wrote:Shit happens
Restaurant said sorry, gives a gift card, refund for the meal, and...What more do they expect?

Sucks for them, but they didn't know and they spit it out after, so they didn't really eat the meat
She didn't just spit it out though, she went to the bathroom to force herself to be sick.
That's just mentally ill.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #439005

Malkevin wrote:

She didn't just spit it out though, she went to the bathroom to force herself to be sick.
>making yourself puke after eating something you think is disgusting is mentally ill

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #439007

This is almost as funny as spilling pork blood in front of mosques or doing the "halal prank"
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #439016

That's silly though

Islamic law says it's okay to eat pork and drink alcohol if you're forced to
Or if you're just doing it to misdirect infidels, etc

But then it could be a different sect that doesn't agree with those rules and thinks the laws need to be followed at all times(There's plenty of different sects in islam, after all), or maybe the Chinese hope that they don't know their own holy texts?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #439017

welcome to the opium of the people

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #439077

A US commission called it the “the largest mass incarceration of a minority population in the world today”
minority my ass
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #439101

Malkevin wrote:

The thing that rubs me the wrong way about this is "serve someone food they weren't expecting, didn't order, and explicitly have a dietary reason not to want to eat, and the place is just like `whoops our bad here's a gift card`"

like this time it was someone with an ethical reason rather than a medical one I guess, but I suppose anyone with a severe meat allergy would know better than to eat at spoons
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #439105

Chloe says after complaining to a different manager she was eventually offered a £20 gift card as an apology.
How can we be sure there was actually meat in the vegetarian chili and that she wasn't just complaining to management to get free shit?
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #439110

that's why adminshopping is bannable
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #439114

lntigracy wrote:
Chloe says after complaining to a different manager she was eventually offered a £20 gift card as an apology.
How can we be sure there was actually meat in the vegetarian chili and that she wasn't just complaining to management to get free shit?
I can verify the story is true, I am the employee who put the steak in the chili.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #439223

Screemonster wrote:
Malkevin wrote:

The thing that rubs me the wrong way about this is "serve someone food they weren't expecting, didn't order, and explicitly have a dietary reason not to want to eat, and the place is just like `whoops our bad here's a gift card`"

like this time it was someone with an ethical reason rather than a medical one I guess, but I suppose anyone with a severe meat allergy would know better than to eat at spoons
Well, here's the kicker
Most restaurant staff just don't give a shit
They'll avoid doing things that can kill you unless you piss them off, so they won't put pepper in your shit if you tell them you're allergic, but other than that not one of the day-to-day workers is gonna put extra effort in for something like veganism
Management will probably care to a degree because any headaches come back to them

Besides, the 20 note giftcard probably covered her fucking meal and then some anyway, so she can just deal with it
It's better to just take the loss of 20 than to deal with the headache of a vegan pissing and moaning that her little new year's resolution she probably would have broke on her own failed
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #439226

If you have lethal allergies, don't go to restaurants fullstop.
Just recently, a girl died in a restaurant where she was a regular and everyone knew she had allergies, because there was a wedding party in the same restaurant and the staff was too busy to pay enough attention to her meal. She was served contaminated food despite her requests and after a couple minutes she was dead.

That said, I can understand why vegans must feel like they're in a sort of lose-lose situation. Order a vegetable dish and specify you're vegan so that they don't put meat in it -> "Ugh these fucking vegans, always making sure the entire world knows they're vegans. It's a vegetable dish, of course there's no meat. Fucking pricks. I'm thinking about putting meat in it just to spite them"
Order a vegetable dish but don't tell them you're vegan and just assume it won't contain meat -> they put meat in it anyway. Complain there was meat in it -> "Ugh these fucking vegans"
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #439230

Salad with bacon bits
XSI

Post by XSI » #439254

The constant here is that restaurant staff either gives no shits or isn't paid enough to worry about it
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #439278

It was Wetherspoons, it's basically the McDonalds of bars employing lazy cheaply paid students.
K-64
Byond Username: K-64

Post by K-64 » #439279

Thing is, she hadn't been a vegan for years or done it for any good reason. It was a new-year's fucking resolution for that year. Seems far-fetched that she would be throwing up from eating a bit of meat that year when presumably she had been doing so for years before that. Moral of the story is ditzy bitch doesn't get exactly what she orders, sees opportunity for 15 minutes of fame
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #439300

Isn't Chili a meat dish?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #439305

5 bean chili apparently is not
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #439307

It's technically not, but most people I know put meat in as well
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #439350

The fact that chili con carne has to specify there's beef in it makes me think that 5 bean chili is intended to be vegetarian