2k18 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Re: 2k18 /pol/

Post by Drynwyn » #432924

Bottom post of the previous page:

XSI wrote:I consider myself to be a centrist. Though I've been called both left wing and right wing a lot

This purely because I consider left-right to be economical and believe the social stuff of lgbt and so on should be on a different scale of progressive-traditional
In which I also consider myself to be centrist. I don't really give a shit about having any of that enforced, just do your own thing and don't bother everyone else with it, then we won't have to put laws in place to force people to do something either
This is considered oppression to the extreme progressives though, how dare I tell gay people to keep it in their homes!
The issue is that non-intervention in an already slanted scenario is not the same as neutrality.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #432927

Judges are a joke anyways.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #432933

My form of non-intervention is in 'stop other people from intervening as well because otherwise one side will just dominate the other and force them to live by their rules', at which point whichever side isn't winning is going to be very unhappy
Like I'm going to be okay with laws saying they're not allowed to kill/hurt/intimidate or otherwise just fuck with other people purely because of their lifestyle
But I also don't want to force churches to do gay marriage since that's directly against most religious customs. Also won't be forcing a synagogue to hold a christian wedding or anything silly like that
At that point things should be mostly good for both sides, assuming that people actually stick with the laws. Neither side will be 100% happy with this, but I think that the majority will be content enough to not push the matter onto attempting to dominate the other side and at the same time they will be able to live their own life

Though for (gay) marriage, I'd say a good start would be the removal of tax perks and government related bonuses people get for marrying. Clean up the tax code a bit and at the same time disconnect a religious service from the state, thus honouring the separation of church and state found throughout the western world. At that point gay people can go marry in any church that accepts them or have a secular ceremony and traditionalists can keep their own traditions.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #432936

I have no particular opinion on gay marriage but I dunno why there wasn't a happy medium reached where gays could get some legal union that's just a marriage in all but name. Wouldn't that make everyone happy then?
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #432939

That was suggested and implemented in a few places and it wasn't enough

I guess
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #432940

Yeah, no idea why it wouldn't be enough, seems to me like it's a solution that makes everyone happy. Meh.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #432944

ShadowDimentio wrote:I have no particular opinion on gay marriage but I dunno why there wasn't a happy medium reached where gays could get some legal union that's just a marriage in all but name. Wouldn't that make everyone happy then?
Already a thing, but the shit stabbers want a church wedding and want a cake made by people that don't want to make a cake of a giant pink cock
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #432946

Do gays even want to have a religious wedding in church or is it just another strawman? Because in Italy they couldn't even have a civil marriage until last year and even then some politicians managed to sneak in some small tweaks to make it different from a "real" marriage. And the new populist government is already talking about repealing that.

Maybe in your own country gays already have all the rights they could want and are campaigning for stupid stuff, but in the rest of the civilized world (so not just Muslim or other shitholes) there are places where they still lack the same rights as heterosexuals but they still have to hear the same arguments like "just keep it into your home" "you can already *basic human right like walking around without being arrested* what else do you want" and I can understand that it should be kinda annoying for them.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #432947

Yes they do, there was a case last year where two poofs brought criminal charges against a christian cake shop because they refused to make them a gay cake (they were willing to make a normal cake, but the gays wanted a gay cake), and being such a 'progressive' country the cake shop was fined.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #432951

I know and it falls under "campaigning for stupid stuff", also it's not "gays asking for religious wedding in churches" and even that would just be a publicity stunt to make a point.

Here, the natpop government said "well now the gay agenda won't be in the spotlight anymore, gays should accept that the world doesn't revolve around them and the country has other priorities" while actively talking about repealing the few gay rights they managed to scrape up. If it's not a priority, why not just leave them be? Sounds like pure gaslighting to me.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #432993

I just want a civil union that is effectively equal to a religious marriage in all regards without being one. I don't want to force a religious institution to do something that it's opposed to on a fundamental level.

Likewise, I don't want religious institution interfering with other people's affairs. I just want a true separation of church and state
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #432999

Hard to believe in a generation the US went from gays being so exiled if anyone found out you were one you'd be unpersoned to "GAYS PORTRAYED IN FILM AREN'T GAY ENOUGH #NOTMYFAGGOT"
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #433000

There's been a serious social overcorrection

We still have people who are actually against gays and all that, but the gay community doesn't help by flipping out over an actor doing their job and ACTING
Or doing pride parades which are little more than display cases for every type of dildo and undergarment currently on the market because they don't parade for pride, they parade to get as much coverage as possible by being as quirky and weird as possible
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #433002

I hate pride events because that's what it's degenerated into. I don't define myself by my sexuality and I don't openly advertise but if you don't wear lether assless chaps, people will accuse you of appropriating the gay or claim that bisexuality doesn't exist.

The LGBT community is a toxic wasteland, don't get involved in it even if you are a faggot.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #433003

every community is a toxic wasteland
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #433004

DemonFiren wrote:every community is a toxic wasteland
LGBT is worse in my opinion. They'll scream discrimination if you criticize them.

And for the love of god, pray you never meet people who deliberately infect others with HIV, it is a thing that actually exists and it's as horrible as it sounds.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #433006

yes, I know it does
and, uh
like I care about meeting them, I don't have sex

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #433016

DemonFiren wrote:every community is a toxic wasteland
Especially this one

But on the straight man acting gay-
It might have been better for them to get someone actually gay to do it, but it's an actor. He's literally paid to pretend he is something he is not. Let him do his job and then complain if the result is shit

Also that's a very un-flattering picture
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #433029

I have a bunch of stuff to kill trackers now simply because websites have stopped asking
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #433032

Lol

Using mobiles
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #433035

Anonmare wrote:I hate degenerated faggot.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #433124

Anonmare wrote: And for the love of god, pray you never meet people who deliberately infect others with HIV, it is a thing that actually exists and it's as horrible as it sounds.
Oh don't worry, California recently made that not a felony, it's only a misdemeanor now

So hooray

As of late last year, anyway

https://www.independent.co.uk/californi ... 88261.html
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #433127

I swear that was posted twice already

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #433132

Ye
It probably was, but it adds on to something that was said currently
XSI

Post by XSI » #433169

That seems fair
They're not going to use the property if they cant get into the country anyway
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #433176

I seem to recall part of the reason for rents being stupid fucking high in london is due to offshore investors buying up a load of real estate and refusing to sell under any circumstances, putting the flats on the market for inflated prices. There's also been more than one scandal involving them "accidentally" "forgetting" that the sites are sometimes historic fuckin' buildings like the Carlton Tavern that got bulldozed. Presumably they assumed they'd just get a slap on the wrist fine and be able to flip the site after building shit on it or something, but instead the council ordered them to put it back. Brick by fucking brick. No, not a "replacement" building like some trendy fucking modern bar that they were no doubt planning to build anyway. Literally from the same fucking bricks.
XSI

Post by XSI » #433181

There is but it practically never happens
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #433185

Yeah, it made the news because there was enough outrage about it that the council intervened.

They wouldn't have done it if they didn't think they could get away with it. Fines are just a cost of doing business to them.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #433218

"Final solution" isn't something Nazis would say specifically because they spoke German duh.

Sure the guy is dumb as a pile of bricks but typical over reaction by our mindlessly biased Australian media.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #433238

Why let the chinaman buy all your buildings and charge you to live in them
XSI

Post by XSI » #433262

The Chinese are notorious for this
To the point that they've had entire cities build just to sell the real estate. Not to live in, just to have the cities as investment

Real estate and buildings are considered a safe investment to them, with just about anything else being unsafe
Doesn't make it true, but it's why they do that
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #433506

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/vi ... 25?v=railb

Where's Alex Jones when you need him?
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #433538

no one "needs" alex jones

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #433627

I don't know, he is pretty good entertainment sometimes
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #433631

ShadowDimentio wrote:https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/vi ... 25?v=railb

Where's Alex Jones when you need him?
In Mar's orbit

[youtube]7Snw6qjlPSE[/youtube]
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #433632

[youtube]93VVg2tcpWc[/youtube]
truth is, the game was rigged from the start
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #433744

Black farmer union to government of south africa: "hey dont take land from white farmers without compensation it'll fuck everything up and kill jobs"
XSI

Post by XSI » #433766

Hasnt stopped zimbabwe from doing it anyway
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #433800

Zimboobi did it 30 year ago

That why black african farmers of south america all "we dont wanna get zimboozled"
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #434086

All of South and Central America have HUGE corruption problems.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #434122

Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #434129

well the pm fought off a spill sparked by him not being a coal cultist enough

as in the coal industry in aus is mad strong and almost controls his party kind of people who use mentioning that the pm acknowledges climate change as a thinly veiled pod people screech

so turnbullshit beat off king in exile tones' dutton boy for now at least
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #434131

The thing in South Africa isn't racism, it's socialism. They're expropriating private farms. It just so happens that the vast majority of farms are owned by whites. It's the same thing that happens in America when they cut food stamps or other welfare stuff, would you call it racism just because the vast majority of people on welfare are black? It's just healthy capitalism that happens to mostly affect blacks and other people of colour.

Also South Africa is very corrupt. If you're a white landowner you can just bribe some government official and have them push your farm on the bottom of the list. Hell, maybe add a little extra and they'll expropriate your direct competitor first.
XSI

Post by XSI » #434138

The party in charge of government has been singing "Kill the boers" in public, that's not a sign or anything
And they've been blaming white people and colonialism for their woes rather than their own corruption and inability to govern

They call it socialism, but they're showing that the intention isn't socialism, it's racism and deflecting attention from their own failures by blaming someone else and trying to get the population to pick sides
If the US government decides to take over asian people's businesses and only asian people's businesses while their leaders are talking about how asians ruin everything and asians must die, then is that just socialism too?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #434141

Die antwood sucks
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #434146

XSI wrote:The party in charge of government has been singing "Kill the boers" in public, that's not a sign or anything
And they've been blaming white people and colonialism for their woes rather than their own corruption and inability to govern

They call it socialism, but they're showing that the intention isn't socialism, it's racism and deflecting attention from their own failures by blaming someone else and trying to get the population to pick sides
If the US government decides to take over asian people's businesses and only asian people's businesses while their leaders are talking about how asians ruin everything and asians must die, then is that just socialism too?
This is what happened: ANC supporters sang an old Zulu rebel song that says "kill the Boers", government said that singing folk songs doesn't qualify as hate speech and they were not going to arrest them. The headline became "Government defends protesters who want to kill whites". There are a lot of Irish rebel songs that call for the murder of Englishmen and they are routinely sang in pubs and other public places, would you call it hate speech?

Or lets put it in another way: alt-right supporters sing a hateful Johnny Rebel song at a Charlottesville-like rally. Republican government says it's not hate speech and defends their right to sing whatever they want. Same government also implements stuff like welfare cuts, healthcare reforms, poll tax disguised as voter ID laws, harsh punishment for minor possession of weed and other laws which are all perfectly in line with the Republican values of conservatism and capitalistic economic policy but just so happen to mostly affect blacks. Would you say they're doing all of this because they're racist, and the fact they defended the Johnny Rebel singers proves it?

Reality is nuanced. South Africa is socialist and you can criticize that, but what they're doing is in line with socialist policy. Some farms that are going to be expropriated are also co-owned by blacks, it's just a matter of wealth redistribution.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #434147

a bullet through your head is very nuanced please be understanding of black (national) socialism
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #434148

Grazyn wrote:
XSI wrote:The party in charge of government has been singing "Kill the boers" in public, that's not a sign or anything

This is what happened: ANC supporters sang an old Zulu rebel song that says "kill the Boers", government said that singing folk songs doesn't qualify as hate speech and they were not going to arrest them. The headline became "Government defends protesters who want to kill whites". There are a lot of Irish rebel songs that call for the murder of Englishmen and they are routinely sang in pubs and other public places, would you call it hate speech?

Or lets put it in another way: alt-right supporters sing a hateful Johnny Rebel song at a Charlottesville-like rally. Republican government says it's not hate speech and defends their right to sing whatever they want. Same government also implements stuff like welfare cuts, healthcare reforms, poll tax disguised as voter ID laws, harsh punishment for minor possession of weed and other laws which are all perfectly in line with the Republican values of conservatism and capitalistic economic policy but just so happen to mostly affect blacks. Would you say they're doing all of this because they're racist, and the fact they defended the Johnny Rebel singers proves it?

Reality is nuanced. South Africa is socialist and you can criticize that, but what they're doing is in line with socialist policy. Some farms that are going to be expropriated are also co-owned by blacks, it's just a matter of wealth redistribution.
quoting because this doesn't deserve bottom of last page

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #434154

It deserves to be at the bottom of the page it's fence sitting dodge the subject milquetoast trash.

[youtube]8JNc7SLUE1g[/youtube]
Their president for nine years Jacob Zuma singing shoot the boer while still in office.

It's not just some supporters it goes all the way to the very top.

This is not a very nuanced subject the unofficial farmer murders and land theft before official seizing recently were about as subtle as kristallnacht if it went on for years.
Last edited by Incomptinence on Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #434155

right, I forgot you're incapable of posting in good faith

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #434162

Americunts need to take male mental illness more seriously.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med