2k18 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: 2k18 /pol/

Post by cedarbridge » #383397

Bottom post of the previous page:

CosmicScientist wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Man, it sure feels good to live in a country where the only commonly available weapon is the tactical assault truck.
Are swastikas and nazi flags not weapons?
this sounded funny in my head
Wasn't it Sin City that had the throwing-star swastikas?
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #383398

Grazyn wrote:a handy guide on the upcoming Italian elections
I need clarification. Does "likes Europe" mean they like the continent, the contents of the continent, or Brussels?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #383399

nobody likes brussels
the eu, on the other hand
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #383437

The EU. Also the granddaughter of Mussolini is currently in the EU parliament, but she is also running for re-election for Berlusconi's party and will vacate her EU seat when elected and will come back to bring her colourful personality in the national parliament.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #383447

I thought they locked up Berlusconi for tax fraud and mafia connections?
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #383448

He was only sentenced for tax fraud and served his time doing community service in a retirement home (basically playing cards and telling jokes), but the leftist government managed to pass a law that prevents anyone sentenced for a crime from running for office. He appealed that to the EU civil rights court and he's currently waiting for the response (expected at the end of March), but this didn't stop him from using his name to bootstrap his party and basically run the whole campaign by himself. You ask anyone (mostly elders) and they will tell you they're voting "for Berlusconi" even though he can't actually be elected.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #383455

I'm voting Berlusconi and I'm not even Italian
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #383466

He tried (and succeeded) at painting himself as the wise grandfather of the nation, exploiting the rise of Lega and the neofascists to showcase his party as the warm, comfortable center-right middle ground that will protect the country from extremists.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #383468

From what I remember Berlusconi is Trump except with style because he's Italian.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #383471

They're not really that similar

Trump is a TV personality. Berlusconi owns TV networks.
Trump is rich. Berlusconi is much, much richer, more than 2 times the net worth of Trump
Trump got into politics to make more money. Berlusconi got into politics to stay out of prison
Trump's charisma comes from "saying it like it is" and being an alpha male. Berlusconi's charisma comes from a charming, funny personality and decades of massive propaganda on every media
They're both womanizers but Berlusconi trumps Trump on the issue with massive use of prostitutes for personal and political gain
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #383473

Maybe there is something wrong with politics if it's mostly used by douchebags to get richer and/or avoid prison
Maybe there is something wrong with politics if the politicians don't represent the people

Maybe I'm just silly and this is how it always ends up, but I think it's probably a problem
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #383475

At least trump and Berlusconi are up front about their douche baggery
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #383930

I will punch you in the face

you now have to vote for me because at least I told you I am going to punch you in the face
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #384548

crack is whack but smacks got your back
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #384866

He's just riding public opinion. Its the same sort of A-B testing he's been doing since the primaries.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #385050

But games already self regulate, maybe if parents actually did their job and didn't give their mentally unhinged immature kids games that are clearly labelled for mature audiences only.... there wouldn't be any sodding difference anyway because the little retard would just entertain himself pulling legs off spiders and shoving fireworks up cats arses
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #385371

Yes I know
>le cuck Oliver
>le current year meme

but once you filter out the inevitable leftist propaganda, it's still an accurate portrayal of the upcoming elections, especially for what he says at the end: due to how the system works, it's almost guaranteed that none of the current candidates will actually end up as prime minister

[youtube]LdhQzXHYLZ4[/youtube]

Also he left out what I think is the best photo of the iconic duo, Putin playing with Berlusconi's dog

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #385384

filtering out the leftist propaganda is as impossible as filtering the far-right propaganda in this thread
but since it aligns more with my views it's objectively more tolerable
objectively because the left is objectively right

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #385414

CosmicScientist wrote:It's actually easy to filter out the left when the youtube video isn't available in your country.
Have a dailymotion link https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6fay8y
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #385462

Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #385494

CosmicScientist wrote:Europe's third largest economy? Who's fourth? Britain, France or Germany? I thought they had too much corruption to have an economy.
Well Italian industry is especially strong in aerospace and military sectors, among other things. Our anti-personnel mines are were (we banned mine production in the 90's for some reason) world-renowned for their reliability when it comes to stripping pesky rebels of their limbs. The rest of the industry suffered greatly from EU regulations more than corruption.

Also clashes between extremists and the police (or other extremists) are a common occurence in Italy, it's not like in the US where a couple students waving bike locks make international news.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #385497

cedarbridge wrote:Image
[Definitely not biased.jpg]
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #385509

Local president declares war on and slaughters entire muslim world, planet grateful.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #385512

Grazyn wrote:
CosmicScientist wrote:Europe's third largest economy? Who's fourth? Britain, France or Germany? I thought they had too much corruption to have an economy.
Well Italian industry is especially strong in aerospace and military sectors, among other things. Our anti-personnel mines are were (we banned mine production in the 90's for some reason) world-renowned for their reliability when it comes to stripping pesky rebels of their limbs. The rest of the industry suffered greatly from EU regulations more than corruption.

Also clashes between extremists and the police (or other extremists) are a common occurence in Italy, it's not like in the US where a couple students waving bike locks make international news.
Olive oil is worth a lot of money, at one point Filippo Berio was in trouble for using boot legged olive oil from the mafia and selling it as extra virgin olive oil.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #385528

Anonmare wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:[img].[/img]
[Definitely not biased.jpg]
You mean there's something off about a chart claiming that deaths caused by communist leaders are all "disputed" but then proceeds to attribute to the Ascension of the Great Demon Lord Drumpf the immediate "projected" anhillation of all non-white people and gays? It sounds like some of the best 40k fanfiction.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #385561

For some reason Churchill is credited for the nuking of japs but not the firebombing of krauts.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #385571

Malkevin wrote:For some reason Churchill is credited for the nuking of japs but not the firebombing of krauts.
to be fair I doubt the person making that chart is aware that the firebombing of Tokyo had a higher death toll than either of the atomic bombs, "being aware that Dresden is a place" is perhaps wishing too much
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #385677

I like how they ignored all of Obummer's drone striking too, though I'm too tired to get projected numbers on that
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #385733

I don't get why people make such a stink about when Japan got nuked. They repeatedly refused to surrender and if we hadn't nuked them god knows how many more people would have died before Japan finally gave up, certainly more than nuking the two cities killed.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #385763

im sure the countless civilians that died that day were okay with it as well because "this way there is less casualties".
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #385767

ColonicAcid wrote:im sure the countless civilians that died that day were okay with it as well because "this way there is less casualties".
Yeah, if only all the mean people just stopped fighting right?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #385773

The atomic bombinga of japan made people realize that maybe we shouldn't have a global war every 10 years. Without the specter of nuclear armageddon overhead some jerk would have started another world war, probably over something stupid like a pigeon getting shot or something.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #385780

i think it was a necessity.

i dont really see the non-chalant handwaving about it tho.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #385896

ColonicAcid wrote:i think it was a necessity.

It's debated weather or not it was necessary as the Japanese knew the soviets were coming and were considering surrendering to the Allies anyway because a soviet occupation was a pretty scary prospect for them. Although in saying that there were plenty of dumbfuck hardliners stating they should fight to the end and it's difficult to say what exactly would have happened if we didn't drop two WMD's.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #385903

Sometinyprick wrote:
ColonicAcid wrote:i think it was a necessity.

It's debated weather or not it was necessary as the Japanese knew the soviets were coming and were considering surrendering to the Allies anyway because a soviet occupation was a pretty scary prospect for them. Although in saying that there were plenty of dumbfuck hardliners stating they should fight to the end and it's difficult to say what exactly would have happened if we didn't drop two WMD's.
They didn't surrender after the first, so I doubt not dropping one would have been any different.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
XSI

Post by XSI » #385932

They technically surrendered after the first, didn't they?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #385947

besides they turned out all right
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #385958

The worst thing the yanks did to the japs was introduce censorship laws.

Yep, it's america's fault japanese women have square vaginas.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #386220

I hate that I get worked up about things

Alright, so Dick's decided they would no longer carry """""assault-style""""" rifles, and that's their choice and I respect that
But the wording is so fucking stupid
It's not an assault style weapon, it is a semi-automatic rifle like the thousands of other brands you carry, just in black metal and plastic instead of metal and wood
I know it's just a political move, which irks me more
They aren't doing it out of a genuine care for loss of life, they're doing it so people don't start boycotting THEM next

That's another thing, those companies dropping NRA partnerships just because people have their panties in a twist, grow the fuck up, most of the people complaining don't have the funds to dent your bottom line if they choose not to buy the plane ticket they couldn't afford anyway
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #386233

Takeguru i smashed my head against a window and punched myself seven times in the face at aork today over that news so dont feel like youre getting too worked up

Im just so fucking angry about all the fucking lives lost to try and prevent communism over years and the fucking bastards slipped in and took over our fucking nation without firing a single shot because they took over the damn television

My only joy is that all the commie fucks will end up dead in 20 years because of climate change brought on by their constant stream of bullshit pumped into the air so they can dose the proles with their electric gizmos
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #386248

Good news is that nobody trust the media for shit any more
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #386280

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Takeguru i smashed my head against a window and punched myself seven times in the face at aork today over that news so dont feel like youre getting too worked up

Im just so fucking angry about all the fucking lives lost to try and prevent communism over years and the fucking bastards slipped in and took over our fucking nation without firing a single shot because they took over the damn television

My only joy is that all the commie fucks will end up dead in 20 years because of climate change brought on by their constant stream of bullshit pumped into the air so they can dose the proles with their electric gizmos
Did you literally cry as well? Are you shaking right now?
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #386282

Fuck your toys get a hobby that won't put a hole through you.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #386284

Takeguru wrote: It's not an assault style weapon, it is a semi-automatic rifle like the thousands of other brands you carry, just in black metal and plastic instead of metal and wood
I know it's just a political move, which irks me more
I know if I went on a shooting spree my weapon of choice would be a sexy wooden stocked M14, YUM: seven six two, full... metal...jacket. You think that wooden table against the door is going to stop the bullets? Ha, think again.
XSI

Post by XSI » #386286

Nobody posting about that Hogg guy apparently being the son of a guy who is in the business of crisis management and simulation?
Or that people reported multiple shooters and one such shooter was wearing a gas mask and full tactical gear+armour?

Why is it that all of these big, heavily publicized shootings and events all seem to have a lot of shit about them? Like that boston marathon where there were a shitload of pictures straight up contradicting the official narrative. Why is it always looking sketchy?
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #386293

Better go stalk down relatives of the victims and call them actors then you genius.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #386294

And here i was thinking child actors were shit...

Turns out theyre really fuckin good
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #386326

All this gun control bs is a plot by the Russians

Once the gun grabbers annihilate our freedom the russians are gonna drop paratroopers and start rounding up and killing civilians like in red dawn
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #386336

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2018/02/27/fl ... book-deal/

The whole thing is pretty simple and the amount of predictable as shit politics around it is par for the course.

Hogg: Either trying to use his proximity to the event to jumpstart a journalism career via mass media exposure, being puppeteered by media to push a pre-screened narrative about gun control and MHC funding or both. You can tell there's something not entirely right about how he repeats specific talking points. All of his major media appearances follow a similar script and hit a series of specific talking points. So basically its either self-interest, he's being abused by the system, or both.

Gun """"control"""": Same song second verse, same as the first. There's never going to be a tragedy with so much as a whiff of a firearm that gun """"control"""" proponents won't use to push that agenda and who needs to wait for the bodies to even be cold when we've got 24/7 new coverage and assholes begging for corpse photos on twitter.

Corporate grandstanding: Boards of directors are designed for only one thing, keep the share cost high and turn whatever profit is required to do it. This means that all sorts of causes "putting pressure" on the company to do whatever the fuck will result in the corporation caving just to dodge some temporary negative press. Its all about as useful as Twitter moral grandstanding but with the added effect of pissing off whatever market you were courting in the first place by offering the given discount or product. I promise. In 6-8 months, nobody that isn't a political "activist" or pundit is going to remember what companies do and don't offer discounts to NRA members. But I promise the people who got those discounts will remember who decided to stop offering them discounts they used in order to score points with people that didn't get those same deals or discounts. Cutting ties with customers to appease people who are not your customers is a tried and true bad move. You can see it in how people who hate the NRA respond to the news that Delta was no longer offering their discount to NRA members to see what I mean here. "Wow Delta you just gained this customer." No they didn't. You never were their customer and you're not going to rush out to buy a plane ticket to nowhere just because they took a political potshot at somebody you dislike. I've never seen a correlation between the two things in any context but sales experience tells me you don't cut off current customers to chase prospective customers for reasons entirely unrelated to your product.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #386417

It's also the physical location of the /tg/station server
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #386428

Because of the most American superhero, Florida Man.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: