2k18 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: 2k18 /pol/

Post by Grazyn » #417859

Bottom post of the previous page:

CosmicScientist wrote:
Though today they said Italy now has another migrant or refugee ship docked in Sicily.
Yes it was a coast guard ship carrying 1000 migrants more or less. The coast guard and Navy rescue migrants as part of joint operations with other navies, what the government did was take a firm stance against NGO operations specifically. NGOs are really shady and there is suspicion they may work with human traffickers who put migrants in a bathtub and tow it just over the line in international waters where the NGO is waiting to pick them up.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #417869

[youtube]TbIc1LZqIAw[/youtube]

you have to be basically braindead to fall for the "we went cruising and our ship unexpectedly started sinking 5 meters from the coast" shit 1 million times
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #417871

leibniz wrote:[youtube]TbIc1LZqIAw[/youtube]

you have to be basically braindead to fall for the "we went cruising and our ship unexpectedly started sinking 5 meters from the coast" shit 1 million times
I recognize a few names from that video. Aquarius is the ship we're talking about, the one which was denied entry. Iuventa has been impounded a few months ago and the crew is currently on trial for aiding and abetting.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/04/ ... 51621.html

Also the situation was much worse until last year, when our government put strict regulations on NGOs in place and started to pay/bribe Libyan coast guard to block and interfere with NGO ships as much as possible. And it was a leftist government, which should tell you how bad the situation is. The minister of internal affairs who personally implemented and oversaw the whole ordeal was even called "fascist" by the media, despite being in the socdem party. Looks like the new national populist government is gonna raise the bar and go medieval on NGOs from now on.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #417875

CosmicScientist wrote:Oh oh oh oh if we're going for brain dead, you can make national UK news with five minutes of toilet paper.
Spoiler:
https://twitter.com/victoriakayexo/status/1001796177283682306/photo/1 wrote:Image
Oh I see. Whoever did it was very particular about the letter placement. It took time to prepare - almost as if they wanted it to be photographed. I wonder why they didn’t just write it?? Nottingham is a great Uni - it’s very unfair.
I know, that’s kind of the disgusting thing about it- it’s one thing if you are drunk and trying to make a joke but someone took the time and effort to do it. I love the University- they have been so kind and understanding about other situations- it’s unfortunate this happened.
I'm shocked a man would do something so creative and take such care and attention to make the letters and the heart perfect. They would normally just write garbage like that on the back of a toilet door. Surprised also that no one walked in on them in this shared bathroom
>this is disgusting, they put so much effort into using toilet paper instead of a pen like a normal drunkard
By the way apparently misogyny is a hate crime in Nottingham though elsewhere in England and the UK I'm unaware of it.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-44461221 wrote:Nottinghamshire Police confirmed the matter was referred to them by the university and they are treating it as a misogynist hate crime.
But don't fear brave citizen! The university staff removed it because students were too busy posting it on snap chat being offended. Unfortunately there has been no mention of a crime scene being erected so we'll never know who dunnit be it man or woman as the twitter comments point out, misogynistically (is that the right word? It's very long) it looks like a woman's lettering.
Whatcha doin' there rabbi?

I can tell you for a fact that wasn't by a misogynist, it's way too neat and is obviously screaming "look at me". It's almost certainly made by someone deliberately trying to drum up controversy.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #417879

yall homophobics who cant handle one gayboi having good handwriting
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #417885

imblyings wrote:yall homophobics who cant handle one gayboi having good handwriting
As an actual faggot, I can tell ya for a fact if it was real, it wouldn't be written in toilet paper of all things
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #417908

It'd be scribbled on the inside of the toilet stall while someone is bored taking a shit.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #417927

Anonmare wrote:
imblyings wrote:yall homophobics who cant handle one gayboi having good handwriting
As an actual faggot, I can tell ya for a fact if it was real, it wouldn't be written in toilet paper of all things
why didn't I expect this

it's okay, pillz has two dongs
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #417928

The letters look too neat and rounded for a bloke to have done.
This was either done by a woman or a fag liberal art student as a stunt. Like how it was found out a few years ago that the person that spray painted a load of swastikas somewhere was actually a liberal art student trying to pull a stunt.

Hm... Anonmare is gay. Well I guess the ram's horns do make better handholds.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #417934

Tgstation playerbase may be hard and cynical but it's inclusive
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #417939

Actually I bat for both teams, I've just seen more guys than girls I like.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #417941

CosmicScientist wrote:But don't fear brave citizen! The university staff removed it because students were too busy posting it on snap chat being offended. Unfortunately there has been no mention of a crime scene being erected so we'll never know who dunnit be it man or woman as the twitter comments point out, misogynistically (is that the right word? It's very long) it looks like a woman's lettering.
It was me, but it was a complete accident. During a visit to the bathroom I had accidentally given the toilet roll too hard of a tug and it went flying everywhere, coincidentally landing in the shape of a well-crafted misogynistic message. It is quite unfortunate and embarrassing, and I would like to apologize to everyone for ruining university.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #417948

CosmicScientist wrote:Talking about tg's inclusiveness,
Malkevin wrote:Hm... Anonmare is gay. Well I guess the ram's horns do make better handholds.
Careful, you're justifying fags and furs.
Technically I was taking the piss out of him being a gay near-welshman.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #417949

Malkevin wrote:
CosmicScientist wrote:Talking about tg's inclusiveness,
Malkevin wrote:Hm... Anonmare is gay. Well I guess the ram's horns do make better handholds.
Careful, you're justifying fags and furs.
Technically I was taking the piss out of him being a gay near-welshman.
You did not just call me a Welshman. Those are some serious fucking fighting words Malk, I'll bash your fookin' 'ead in I swear on me mum's life I'll do you in
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #417951

CosmicScientist wrote:
IkeTG wrote:It was me, but it was a complete accident. During a visit to the bathroom I had accidentally given the toilet roll too hard of a tug and it went flying everywhere, coincidentally landing in the shape of a well-crafted misogynistic message. It is quite unfortunate and embarrassing, and I would like to apologize to everyone for ruining university.
I hope you're happy with yourself, scarring students for life. You're expelled.
Aw FUCK
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #417952

I am reminded of that one article where a single Jewish exchange student in the US was responsible for 9% of all antisemetic hatecrimes in their..State? I forgot what area it was in

It won't be the first time people pull that shit, and it won't be the last
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #417956

False flags are a very old concept, Caesar for instance staged a lot of riots and civil upheaval in Rome to create and excuse for him to march his legions into Rome
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #417958

Malkevin wrote:False flags are a very old concept, Caesar for instance staged a lot of riots and civil upheaval in Rome to create and excuse for him to march his legions into Rome
and then he died of a brain tumor in nevada LOL
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #418026

CosmicScientist wrote:Egad, Rustled has gone native!

Theresa is already in the wrong for supporting parliament's lack of voice on the final EU bladeeblahanything. Refusing given powers is bad too.

Equality in the union is an odd thing to ask for when the host country is the only one lacking a devolved parliament.
Perhaps I have gone native. Considering I can finally vote for a party that actually reflects my views better than almost any party in Westminster.

The only thing that would stop me voting SNP is voting reform. Because I believe proper voting reform to a form of PR would cause a break up of the main two parties into 3-4 parties and greatly improve democracy in this country and give people real choice in politics than the two tribes that don't really represent the population well.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #418044

I just wish the SNP weren't going down the same nanny bullshit as the tories down south

okay mainly I'm salty that I can't buy a fuckin' drink when I do most of my shopping at 2am on account of night shifts because they've decided "oooh no supermarkets can't sell beer at 2 in the morning think of the children"

at least the minimum alcohol pricing crap isn't affecting actually good booze that's expensive in the first place unlike the ridiculous sugar tax shit

fuck jamie oliver
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #418053

There's a lot more sweaty jocks here than I thought.

What's the price of a deep fried mars bar these days?
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #418056

a ginger mockney twat's eternal rage

also mars bars are old hat, munchie boxes are the true dish of the caledonian gourmand

Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #418057

Jeese I could do with a good munchie box right now.

Anyhow I don't mind the sugar tax to be honest. I just see it like the tax on alcohol or tax on tobacco. If people want to pay more for it then they can do so, over-eating sugar costs the NHS just like over-drinking or smoking does. Though I have to admit I'm not all that affected because I have to follow a diet without much sugar due to a chronic condition (not diabetes though). If they start putting up a fat tax on my munchie boxes though I'm no gonna be happy.

But yes, fuck Jamie Oliver.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #418060

CosmicScientist wrote:Funny thing to call a plasma grenade.
bitch, use a knife

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #418068

Just to showcase how the situation is getting more complex than people think.

A US navy ship, USNS Trenton, rescued 40 migrants in the waters off Lybia a couple days ago

https://navaltoday.com/2018/06/13/us-na ... -of-lybia/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USNS_Trenton_(T-EPF-5)
Sea Watch, the Germany-based non-governmental organization involved in the Mediterranean Sea migrant crisis response, revealed it had been tasked by the US Navy to take over the rescued 41 people including 12 deceased migrants. The rescue operation took place 12 miles off the coast of Libya, according to the organization.
Our stance stays, no foreign ships carrying migrants will be allowed to dock in Italy. Not Trenton, not the NGOs. Now Seawatch said they won't take the migrants from Trenton unless they are allowed to dock at a port no more than 36 hours away (so not Spain). This is made even worse by the fact that Seawatch is a German NGO, so people are saying "here's Merkel being a bitch to us again and again". They're trying to force our hand, while Aquarius (the other NGO ship redirected to Spain) is complaining on twitter that they encountered "bad weather" and people on board are suffering, implying the trip was "unnecessary".

So another crisis is looming, will the government cave in to the pressure and allow Trenton to unload their migrants in Italy, thus breaking their stance after less than a week?

German-speaking lizards can read more about it here https://sea-watch.org/ueberlebende-und- ... hiff-fest/
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #418071

There must be a reason for the limit of 36 hours? Some sort of regulation or health and safety limitation?

There's no nice way to stop these crossings, the only 'nice' way to 'stop' them is to improve quality of life in Africa but that costs a lot and comes with a host of other challenges.

Meanwhile the people who extort money from the people boarding the sinking boats are profiting from all this terrible shite.

My knowledge of this is limited however so if I'm ignorant about any part I apologise.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #418073

Anonmare wrote:
The rabbit avatar makes more sense now
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #418076

Rustledjimm wrote:There must be a reason for the limit of 36 hours? Some sort of regulation or health and safety limitation?

There's no nice way to stop these crossings, the only 'nice' way to 'stop' them is to improve quality of life in Africa but that costs a lot and comes with a host of other challenges.

Meanwhile the people who extort money from the people boarding the sinking boats are profiting from all this terrible shite.

My knowledge of this is limited however so if I'm ignorant about any part I apologise.
Seawatch says their ship is too small for a longer trip. Such ships are usually overcrowded when they make a rescue but Seawatch specifically carried 232 migrants last week to Italy after taking them from the sea, 41 people aren't really that much of a load. This is the ship
Spoiler:
It's definitely able to make a 3-days trip, and as we showed with Aquarius, we can still provide doctors and supplies if they need them. People in critical or serious condition are usually evacuated from the ships by helicopter anyway. They're just stonewalling because they absolutely want to bring them to Italy (mafia and other criminal organizations pay/already paid good money for the load, and nobody really knows were NGOs funding comes from) and they don't want to waste time going to Spain and back, because it means less time on station and fewer loads. Not to mention that they probably have contacts with human traffickers or at least know their schedule and if they go to Spain they will miss their appointments
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #418077

So it's basically NGOs and criminals profiting all around on both sides of the sea from what I gather.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #418080

>ngos
>profiting

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #418082

they dropped the "Non-profit" name and now they're just Non-government
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #418109

Screemonster wrote:a ginger mockney twat's eternal rage

also mars bars are old hat, munchie boxes are the true dish of the caledonian gourmand

Over cooked chips, chicken tika, donner meat, and salad consisting almost solely of onions.
Where do you think you are, Bradistan?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #418122

CosmicScientist wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:
CosmicScientist wrote:Funny thing to call a plasma grenade.
bitch, use a knife
You know when you think "No I'll save this for later" on every scrap of good item you come across?
Hardcore mode cures that kind of thinking fast.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #418140

I kind of wish stimpacks and drugs in New Vegas had weight. It still felt too easy on hardcore mode, even with the slow healing
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #418147

>thinking ngos and even 'non-profit' organisations aren't profitable for the owners/employees

How naive

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #418163

Rustledjimm wrote:>thinking ngos and even 'non-profit' organisations aren't profitable for the owners/employees

How naive
this is your brain on capitalism

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #418185

Sadly

I'd like if genuine altruism was possible on a large scale, but everything I've seen so far indicates it's just done for their own benefits
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #418192

Employees of charities receive (low to minimum) payment so they can actually not fucking be on the streets starving and homeless. Oh the fucking horror.

Mass scale altruism doesn't happen because comprehending the numbers of people involved is a pretty weak capacity in humans let alone actually emphasising with them.
You care about who you know directly and everyone beyond that is statistics.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #418199

The bottom rung people might get paid shit but the ones at the top get paid a lot.

The chuggers get paid a commission, a sizable one too. You need to donate monthly for a year before any money actually reaches the people you thought it was going to.

Oh yes, and the African war lords are largely propped up from their take, because charity orgs need to bribe them to operate there
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #418213

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #418214

I've no doubt the kids working on those NGO ships are doing it for a pittance if not for free, just out of pure desire to help people in need. Surely they're not getting paid enough for the kind of job they're doing. But they're just useful idiots for a larger machine.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #418233

of course all ngos and charities are malicious

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #418239

DemonFiren wrote:of course all ngos and charities are malicious

Nobody is saying that stupid lizard.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #418271

I feel like charities exasperate a fair number of problems. Those warlords would have a harder time staying in charge if they weren't getting propped up on bribe money for one.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #418354

Give guns not food!
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #418408

Update about the 41 migrants on board the US Navy ship Trenton: Norfolk called Rome and the migrants will be transfered to an Italian Coast Guard ship. We still don't know if they will disembark in Italy or not.
XSI

Post by XSI » #418419

All that about 41 of them
When for years now it has been hundreds daily

Can we maybe just send the ones we got here back down across the Mediterranean?
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #418422

Baby steps. I don't know how many migrants are fished by foreign ships but it should be a sizeable share of the total, considering all the relentless NGO activity. Those who are already here will be expelled slowly as they are identified and denied asylum (Lega promised to deport them en masse) and if we stop foreign ships from disembarking the new ones, numbers will start to shrink.
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #418462

ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #418465

Nani the fuck
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #418468

Well... Marx did say Capitalism was a step on the road to socialism.