2k18 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: 2k18 /pol/

Post by ShadowDimentio » #429840

Bottom post of the previous page:

Grazyn wrote:What protest? She was going in a mosque to ask questions like "Did you know Mohammed was a pedophile" and "Do you beat your wife as prescribed by the Quran?", then when asked to leave she would've made a scene and cried about fascist muslims trumping her free speech. It's all so predictable
I was talking more about Sargon. But either way she should be allowed to be provocative if she wants, the other people should be expected to not chimp out when provoked.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #429846

As long as she is not on private property, like inside a mosque, or right outside it targeting specifically people entering/exiting the building, then I see no reason why she would not be allowed to be a dick to people on the street
It's a shitty thing to do, but it's not against the law. (Unless there's laws against talking on the street in that specific area. Weirder shit has been put into laws before so it is possible)

The street is a public space, and in public it's up to everyone to keep their cool. If you do not want to answer questions then you are free to just walk away. Once someone steps on private property or start trying to target a specific venue the cops can get involved though
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #429848

The mall cop in the video mentions that she was going in a mosque, I assume they watched her antics and only intervened when she was about to mess with people there.

Also at the beginning she says muslims shouted at her, made her uneasy and so on, why not show that on video instead of random brown people walking in slow-mo
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #429858

The pod people screech doesn't make for good audio I guess.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #430081

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Grazyn wrote:What protest? She was going in a mosque to ask questions like "Did you know Mohammed was a pedophile" and "Do you beat your wife as prescribed by the Quran?", then when asked to leave she would've made a scene and cried about fascist muslims trumping her free speech. It's all so predictable
I was talking more about Sargon. But either way she should be allowed to be provocative if she wants, the other people should be expected to not chimp out when provoked.
if you wanna defend her inalienable right to be a cunt to complete strangers I'm still gonna call her a cunt for it

still a cunt and nothing about her right to be a cunt will change the fact that she's a cunt

edit: and as the officer pointed out, playing the "I'm not touching you" game like a schoolyard cunt to try and provoke someone else into lashing out still makes you a cunt and may also constitute a breach of the peace. It certainly does in the UK use of the statute according to a quick wikidive:
The power to arrest for a breach of the peace is usually used to remove violent, potentially violent or provocative offenders (it is not necessary for the offender themselves to be physically involved in any violence) from a scene rapidly.
so basically "going somewhere with the intent to cause a fight to happen, regardless of whether you're actually the one to throw a punch" is breach of the peace
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #430170

Breach of the peace laws are applied as stupidly and inconsistantly as rule 0s

Case in point, antifa agitators being allowed to counter demo anything
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #430171

>someone I don't like is allowed to counter-demo
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #430173

Malkevin wrote:Breach of the peace laws are applied as stupidly and inconsistantly as rule 0s

Case in point, antifa agitators being allowed to counter demo anything
To apply breach of the peace there must be peace to begin with. Any protest/march or whatever is already disrupting enough to not be considered peace, especially if they're chanting stuff like "Jews will not replace us" "niggers go back to africa" or Nazi slogans
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #430188

What?

I don't know what the Italian nationalist state of play is, but obviously it is different to the British.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #430189

Sure that is one way to look at the laws regarding breach of the peace.

That interpretation also means arresting people for standing up to someone threatening to attack you for even the slightest criticism by default.

A little dictatorship on each street corner one must only brandish their fist!

Why it's not like some sort of "law enforcement" was created to in part prevent such a thing? Heavens no!
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #430192

Malkevin wrote:What?

I don't know what the Italian nationalist state of play is, but obviously it is different to the British.
I was thinking about charlottesville but yes, it doesn't apply because Americans have their silly free speech laws and I don't think they have breach of the peace.

Our own nationalists are on a whole other level, just a couple days ago two assholes egged a black girl from their moving car, hit her straight in the eye. Too bad that she wasn't a random jungle bunny but a disc thrower in the Italian athletic national team, the egg shell caused a retinal scratch and now she may miss the upcoming European games.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #430237

We do have breach of the peace laws

As to how they apply to a legal, sanctioned protest being interrupted by counter-demo, I can't say

I would assume that as the group protesting in the first place has generally gotten local authorization to do so most law enforcement would err on their side unless they're actively calling for violence

Protesting in the US generally falls under two categories, sanctioned and unsanctioned
Most protests actually get approved, have set dates and times so LEOs can close roads and set up security as needed
The other are the sudden marches on whatever because something went wrong in someone's eyes

Antifa does not do the first option when counter-demoing, they just come to cause problems which would fall under breach of peace laws, because as long as the group present isn't actively calling for violence they are safe under first amendment rights
And if they start getting attacked by antifa, depending on what state the protest is happening in, they do have the right to defend themselves against the cowards swinging bike locks at the backs of people's heads
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #430243

>antifa does not do the first option
except sanctioned counter-demos exist and at least we germans with our love of rules usually do those unless it's G8 or something

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #430246

*G7
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #430247

let's not kid ourselves here

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #430272

Clearly german and/or european antifa is different from american antifa

American antifa is basically just terrorists, but my knowledge of european antifa tells me they're a bit more balanced about things.
Or at least not as bad as the american one, not that that's a high bar
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #430397

back in my day german antifa used to be p gud
nowadays there's still a bit of p gud in there but then you get radical anarcho-communists on one hand and actual no I'm not using this as buzzword SJWs on the other
so basically the same fringe degeneration that has gripped the right

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #430584

Germans: Deferring to authority so hard they have an authority on preventing overbearing authority.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #430631

They clearly shouldn't have been approved if people within that group are showing up with rocks and bike locks to assault people that were peacefully protesting

And take your fucking masks off if you're going to beat people with locks you cowards, you deserve the internet doxxing you for being a subhuman piece of shit
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #430712

how exactly are you going to deny a demo based on what people might wear to it
I mean, unless it's swastikas and shit, in my country at least
cops exist to keep the SA wannabes and the red army wannabes from killing each other

besides, "doxing" used to be and should still be spelled with one x, this keeps pissing me off almost as much as the misuse of "momentarily"

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #430742

Not what they might wear, that's protected under free speech
Unless it's nothing where it might violate sexual laws but that's different

What they might bring with them is what I mentioned, improvised weapons and bike locks
Counter-demo is rarely peaceful here
It's always them coming to ruin a peaceful protest and start shit
XSI

Post by XSI » #430788

See, thats a difference between the US and europe
Because over here it's perfectly possible and happens a fair bit to have peaceful counter-demonstrations

But I never heard of a single peaceful one from the US
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #430793

DemonFiren wrote:how exactly are you going to deny a demo based on what people might wear to it
I mean, unless it's swastikas and shit, in my country at least
cops exist to keep the SA wannabes and the red army wannabes from killing each other
You don't deny a demonstration based on what people might wear, you deny a demo based on what they show up wearing. Arresting people who show up and try covering their faces isn't hard. It's not like the cops don't have a HUGE incentive to do it, after all how are you supposed to identify one faceless violent cunt in a horde of faceless cunts?
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #430827

XSI wrote:But I never heard of a single peaceful one from the US
the US rarely does anything that doesn't end in bloodshed or profit

that's what makes us metal as fuck
XSI

Post by XSI » #430834

So anyone have an opinion on South Africa's latest?

Changing the constitution so they can take all farmers' land without any recompense. Because that worked great for what is now known as zimbabwe
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #430835

Sheeyit
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #430847

Hey Stassi The Pig, got some news for you.

[youtube]WpQ3iCFUTvE[/youtube]
XSI

Post by XSI » #430919

The moment they try is the moment the next boer war starts

They may or may not have some people in their government actively trying to make this happen though
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #430985

Why would they take a farmers land
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #430996

My town made the national papers today.

For some reason a BMW full of 'youths' plowing into a tree whilst being 'followed' by an unmarked police car at 0530 in the morning, at enough speed to kill them all on impact, is news worthy.

To be fair, it was a very old tree
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #431004

Do they make less while successfully farming the same amount of crops
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
XSI

Post by XSI » #431006

Some do, yes
But they dont pull weeds, fertilize the land, or look around for the best selling price or cheapest seeds or some combination of these
It can be considered a success when they harvest
But it's yields far below european standards
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #431012

Yeah pretty much
They don't attempt any form of sustainable farming and just expect the fields to work year after year
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #431016

who knew that barging in and seizing something from someone who knows how to use and maintain it might cause that thing to mysteriously stop working

you see a similar thing with tech disruptor startup shite

"look we're doing this thing on computers that makes us experts in everything ever"
*designs a fingerprint lock that you can just unscrew with a torx wrench and tries to sell it*
"whoa what do you mean locksmithing is an actual skill"
XSI

Post by XSI » #431017

What is now known as Zimbabwe found out exactly this

>Get rid of all the farmers because they're white
>Get rid of all the infastructure engineers because they're white
>Farms stop producing food
>Infastructure starts failing after years without maintenance

I just hope South Africa isn't stupid enough to make the same mistakes
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #431022

Screemonster wrote:who knew that barging in and seizing something from someone who knows how to use and maintain it might cause that thing to mysteriously stop working

you see a similar thing with tech disruptor startup shite

"look we're doing this thing on computers that makes us experts in everything ever"
*designs a fingerprint lock that you can just unscrew with a torx wrench and tries to sell it*
"whoa what do you mean locksmithing is an actual skill"
To be fair it was the cheap chinese knock off that could be undone with a torxdriver, but the original one did have a manufacturing defect that allowed the back to twist off because a retaining pin didn't clip into place.
Communists.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #431024

XSI wrote:What is now known as Zimbabwe found out exactly this

>Get rid of all the farmers because they're white
>Get rid of all the infastructure engineers because they're white
>Farms stop producing food
>Infastructure starts failing after years without maintenance

i do

Otherwise how will we get some sick racist memes
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #431135

Grazyn wrote:Speaking of Italy, yesterday things went south really really fast. The national populist alliance was stopped in its tracks when the President vetoed their pick for minister of finance (a pro-Italexit, anti-EU guy who is on record comparing Merkel to Hitler) and they refused to provide a different pick. Now the leader of 5 stars is threatening the President with impeachment and nationalists are saying that Germany and the banks pressured him to stop them (remember, together they have the majority in both Houses). Meanwhile, SocDems and Berlusconi are rallying around the President "in defense of democracy"
Remember this? It's all over the news again. It just turned out that on that very night, May 28 at 2 AM local time, 400 foreign-controlled, brand-new Twitter accounts all fired up simultaneously and started spouting pre-written hostile tweets against the President asking for his resignation or impeachment. The trend was amplified by other trollish accounts already involved in the natpop campaign, and it snowballed when actual natpop supporters and regular people took the bait in a retweet cascade which spiralled out of control. For context, a few tense days followed and a constitutional crisis loomed but was ultimately averted when the President and the natpop alliance reached a deal.

Now the intelligence is investigating the event and trying to track the source of those 400 accounts but it all seems to lead to, you guess it, Russia.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #431143

Russia has an industry of hackers for hire, so why would that be a surprise?
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #431149

There is no definite evidence linking Russia yet, so natpops are still at the "fake news from the MSM"-stage. The "everyone knows Russia uses trolls, so what"-stage comes later.

It's newsworthy because while everyone is more or less aware of Russia-sponsored low-key propaganda on social networks in support of natpops here, this is the first time a coordinated intensive attack against the stability of our state was clearly mentioned.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #431159

russians want your mascarpone

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #431186

*shut down twitter*
*suddenly russia's whisper campaigns crashes and dies*

Twitter is shitter
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #431196

fakebook, too

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #431199

Say "no-cial" to social media
XSI

Post by XSI » #431207

I don't really see the point of where the twitter bots come from
Any idiot can run a network of those with a vpn to hide where from. And if you're too stupid for that you can always hire a bunch of Indonesians to post normally for 10 cents per post
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #431666

Mmm Northern hemisphere heat waves and droughts in the EU.

Go on fuckers Australiafy yourselves we're ready.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #431688

clearly it's the refugees' fault, they brought their weather along with their families

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #431748

No they just brought all the other bad things they could
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #431868

[youtube]WgOfdaXGNlY[/youtube]
A nice interview.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #431879

the title suggests it isn't nice

rather, it suggests it's bullshit rhethorical jousting, which is one of the many things that hold us back as a species

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #431883

Nah just a really bad interviewer thanks for hiding and being afraid.