2k18 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Re: 2k18 /pol/

Post by Incomptinence » #431883

Bottom post of the previous page:

Nah just a really bad interviewer thanks for hiding and being afraid.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #431884

not afraid
disgusted
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #431885

Why are you such a sad lad let's have a quick looksie at wikipedia.
First vote
The first vote allows the elector to vote for a direct candidate of their constituency, who applies for a direct mandate in the Bundestag (see illustration above, no. 2). Relative majority voting is used, which means that the candidate who receives most of the votes gets the mandate. If the vote results in a tie, the lot drawn by the leader of the regional election is decisive. In this case, the votes for the other candidates are invalid.
Oh obfuscated FPP you poor wretch living in a proto-democracy must be hard.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #431889

ah, okay, so you're just here to shitpost

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #431913

Thank dog for all those shitstirring embassy interns on twitter.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #431914

Incomptinence wrote:[youtube]WgOfdaXGNlY[/youtube]
A nice interview.
that tv host should've been careful, stefan could have compared the interview to the fall of rome and shut him down 500%
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #431981

I actually agree with some of his statements in there
Allowing businesses to choose whether or not they ban face coverings inside is a good idea

And anything government related, too, there should be no one with a covered face in proximity to a public official
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #432032

Considering the SAS has managed to kill an ISIS leader by infiltrating in full burkas, I'd say it's fair that any government would ban face-covering or full-body covering clothing from being allowed in government buildings or during big events
XSI

Post by XSI » #432038

Double post-
America needs a full check on their voting system. Badly.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/201 ... -precinct/

Come on, get with the times
Make it so any voting machines must have their software on file by gov and an observer entity and randomly inspected across the country without prior warning for tampering. Las Vegas gambling machines are more secure than your elections
Make it so you need an ID to vote so you can't bullshit your way through it
And make it so There's accountability in the entire thing so a specific person or group of people can be pointed to if it goes wrong

This is the bare minimum to have elections, otherwise why even bother?
I know the article says its because the county's residents were told to go vote elsewhere. Just saying it's still a huge issue if the election system does not work as intended and also has no security involved
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #432055

New Mexico black muslim extremist compound raided, starving children that were being trained to kill in state custody, remains of other children found onsite.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #432103

You should be afraid of those who completed their training and were sent over the border.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #432115

XSI wrote:Make it so you need an ID to vote so you can't bullshit your way through it
A lot of people (read: dems) are against voter ID because they're racist (read: prevent illegals from voting). Some states have it, a lot don't though.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #432119

welcome to another episode of "things shadowmemes actually believes"

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #432129

How can you post so much in this thread and yet say nothing
XSI

Post by XSI » #432137

Every single country in Europe has voter ID
It does not stop the vulnerable people in society from voting
If they stop illegal immigrants from voting, that's the entire point because these are not citizens and you're not letting Russians vote either, are you?

Also that New Mexico camp- Isn't New Mexico a US state? They won't have to cross any sort of protected border
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #432141

DemonFiren wrote:welcome to another episode of "things shadowmemes actually believes"
I wrote an entire paper about voter ID for a history class in college a few semesters ago. I don't just believe it, I know it's the truth. Educate yourself shitlord.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #432142

CosmicScientist wrote:New Mexico is rightful Mexican clay and the same system goes for New Spain and New England.
It was until America conquered that bitch and threw out the Spanish. Praise Manifest Destiny!
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #432161

ShadowDimentio wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:welcome to another episode of "things shadowmemes actually believes"
I wrote an entire paper about voter ID for a history class in college a few semesters ago. I don't just believe it, I know it's the truth. Educate yourself shitlord.
welcome to another episode of "things shadowmemes actually considers the truth"

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #432170

XSI wrote:Every single country in Europe has voter ID
If they stop illegal immigrants from voting, that's the entire point because these are not citizens and you're not letting Russians vote either, are you?

Also that New Mexico camp- Isn't New Mexico a US state? They won't have to cross any sort of protected border
My bad, I missed the New.

Voter IDs are fine, as long as they're free and not another poll tax
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #432180

DemonFiren wrote:welcome to another episode of "things shadowmemes actually considers the truth"
The truth is unconditional dumb lizard
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #432186

There is no truth
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #432211

The truth is whatever the talking heads on the propaganda box says it is you stupid goyim
XSI

Post by XSI » #432241

All the talking heads are fake
Speaking of talking heads, have a clearly opinionated ´article´

https://www.dailywire.com/news/34314/17 ... n-saavedra
But at least its got its sources linked
"170 registered voters listed as being over 116 years old [that] still existed on the [voter] rolls."
This kinda makes the US democracy a joke
This and a whole lot of other things that is
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #432254

US Democracy is a joke until we get rid of FPTP and/or gut the electoral college

And make the big cities their own, separate governing sectors from the states they exist in
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #432271

Takeguru wrote:And make the big cities their own, separate governing sectors from the states they exist in
Sorry, but that's idiotic, the states already represent your cities constituents and taken for granted the operating laws within them vary already, granting cities legal juristdiction would be considerably worse. Russian Federation and the USA are big (UK formerly the biggest counting entire continents) because they delegate political posts, else they would be overwhelmed and neglected while a further level of introspection to giving landmark cities independence effectively reverts them into the colonial/village model that may rely on local councils with considerably little framework and accountability without re-enforcing them into the US government again.

Would you trust Bill de Blasio to run New York after disbanding local elections because the US government loses legal right to infringe on their soveriegnty without a official diplomatic or military intervention? Or to possess their own New York state militia. I hope your comment was being sarcastic because the reality is tough to swallow, and i feel sorry for you to believe that. On the other hand could you trust the Governor of California Jerry Brown to stop this mega-wildfire himself without any greater government intervention and resources being pulled across the country.

A mixture of idiotic lack of accountability & ineptitude consolidates it as a stupid idea.

Spoiler:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #432302

Yeah but then all of New York wouldn't be paying for a stupid windfarm that only NYC gets to use

They can keep the power, but how about we keep the fresh water they get from upstate

And more importantly, I was referring to splitting them from the states electoral college votes
Almost all of New York votes republican except for NYC and the other 2, but because they exist the entire state goes democrat, which just adds on to the problem that is first past the post

Or just look at commifornia, a huge portion of it votes republican, but lol LA gives the dems a free 55 votes every election
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #432306

Takeguru wrote:Or just look at commifornia, a huge portion of it votes republican, but lol LA gives the dems a free 55 votes every election
29% doesn't really fall into the "Huge portion" territory. CA just votes predominantly democrat, regardless of where the district lines fall.
XSI

Post by XSI » #432308

>Illegal immigrants vote for the party that wants less border security

In other news, sky remains blue
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #432312

In minor astrological news, scientists report that the solar system we're presently occupying is moving through a large cloud of hydrogen which has resulted in some interesting data on the outskirts of our heliosphere.

And as a minor aside, tomorrow is the last chance of seeing an eclipse if you're in the UK or a country in the same general location as it.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #432328

The moon eclipse?
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #432368

So like. I'm half Puerto Rican does that me my ancestors were conquered?
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #432668

XSI wrote:Every single country in Europe has voter ID

Yes, but Europe has adequate public transport, and adequate numbers of offices, to make ID offices accessible to vulnerable people. In the U.S, poor and black areas are disproportionately under-served by these institutions due to how funds for them are acquired.
Would it bet better to fix this problem by having voter ID laws AND accessible ID? Absolutely!! But that's not what's being put on the table- what's being put on the table are laws that use the lack of adequate governmental services for the economically vulnerable as a political weapon to disenfranchise them.

Voter ID laws in the U.S would not change whether illegal immigrants could vote- they can't vote now because they can't register to vote, because they aren't citizens.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #432680

A voting system that means less blacks can vote...

Sorry, what was the problem again?
XSI

Post by XSI » #432713

Same as alternate/preference voting
Why would they do that when they're in power now and the new system won't benefit them?

But aside from that, sounds to me like a consistent problem.
Voter ID is absolutely necessary for a democracy, just as removing dead people from voting lists, having a system to count votes that actually works and is transparent (No secrets for the software used in machines, or just good old paper and pen, impartial observers and/or votes reported immediately after the count is complete, a system that does not make people wait hours to vote, and so on)
And most importantly

People who care about society as a whole
But I know that last one is impossible to ask of people these days
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #432716

Malkevin wrote:A voting system that means less blacks can vote...

Sorry, what was the problem again?
AFAIK they don't vote already and black turnout is always extremely low. When they do, they all vote democrat, but the greatest challenge for democrats in every election is to get them to go out and actually cast their vote. Correct me if I'm wrong
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #432728

I thought they'd already worked that out by tricking the blacks into voting for a half Arabian Kenyan
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #432732

Yeah but that only worked once and turnout fell again at the last election, despite the republican candidate being Adolf Hitler reborn. Dems have to literally ferry them to polling stations by charter bus else they just don't vote.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #432768

Maybe if they wanted yon blackvote they shouldn't have chosen a candidate who said disenfranchised black youth are rapist superpredators that must be crushed under the heel.
XSI

Post by XSI » #432791

That does tend to make them want to vote for that candidate less
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #432849

The democrats could not have had a worse candidate in 2016

The one person they could have fielded that had a chance at losing against Trump

If only Libertarians had any shot at a federal level seat
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #432852

Tbh Bernie wasn't any better.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #432864

CosmicScientist wrote:What did he want to do? Give you better employment security?
He wanted to socialism it up, but all of his ideas were poorly thought out. Worse still he was incapable of making an argument that wasn't demonizing the 1% (which he ironically belongs to with his fucking 3 houses) or insubstantial emotional appeals.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #432870

The problem with people like Bernie is that they have all these grandiose plans

But never have a plan for where the money will come from

And it's not gonna come from the rich like they want, it's just going to fuck the middle class over because that's who both parties kick around
XSI

Post by XSI » #432875

I've yet to hear a single Trump supporter say they like the tax cuts for the rich or the net neutrality repeals
Still no wall
Still loads of illegal immigrants
Still loads of legal ones too, coming in daily
Still a whole lot of leftism in government and institutions

So Trump's only real victories are small victories, while nothing has really changed.
Maybe during his second term these small victories may grow into bigger ones, but for now it's just business as usual
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #432877

XSI wrote:I've yet to hear a single Trump supporter say they like the tax cuts for the rich or the net neutrality repeals
[youtube]dh8sVHb5oOA[/youtube]

As to the rest Trump's doing most all he really can as president, it's up to congress to do their jobs and their part but, ha, good luck with that.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #432878

I'm still not convinced leftism isn't a mental illness.

[youtube]OJ61mQjZvn8[/youtube]
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #432882

Seig heil, fellow centrists
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
XSI

Post by XSI » #432895

I consider myself to be a centrist. Though I've been called both left wing and right wing a lot

This purely because I consider left-right to be economical and believe the social stuff of lgbt and so on should be on a different scale of progressive-traditional
In which I also consider myself to be centrist. I don't really give a shit about having any of that enforced, just do your own thing and don't bother everyone else with it, then we won't have to put laws in place to force people to do something either
This is considered oppression to the extreme progressives though, how dare I tell gay people to keep it in their homes!
XSI

Post by XSI » #432905

Double post!
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-mexico ... 018-08-08/
Man at filthy New Mexico compound was training kids to commit school shootings, prosecutors say
30 minutes ago
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/ ... 7644348417
BREAKING: Judge allows release of suspects linked to 'extremist Muslim' New Mexico compound ahead of trial.

Judge said although she was concerned by "troubling facts," prosecutors failed to articulate any specific threats to the community
I suppose training school shooters is not a threat to the community?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #432923

Literally starve children to death while training them to be terrorists
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #432924

XSI wrote:I consider myself to be a centrist. Though I've been called both left wing and right wing a lot

This purely because I consider left-right to be economical and believe the social stuff of lgbt and so on should be on a different scale of progressive-traditional
In which I also consider myself to be centrist. I don't really give a shit about having any of that enforced, just do your own thing and don't bother everyone else with it, then we won't have to put laws in place to force people to do something either
This is considered oppression to the extreme progressives though, how dare I tell gay people to keep it in their homes!
The issue is that non-intervention in an already slanted scenario is not the same as neutrality.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.