Re: 2k18 /pol/

Post by Malkevin » #445584

Bottom post of the previous page:

Oh god it gets worse, next you'll be telling us you work in education
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #445614

Malkevin wrote:Oh god it gets worse, next you'll be telling us you work in education
Okay, I won't be telling you that, then.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #445906

Saudy army is ridiculously incompetent. I read that their tank crews literally bail out and abandon the tank when faced with the slightest resistance
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #446120

Jerkin off in your soundhole call me Al Jizzeara
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #446216

That sounds about right
But to be entirely fair to them, they are just goat herders thrown into a tank with minimal training
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #446246

Elizabeth warren is officially as Cherokian as CWC
XSI

Post by XSI » #446256

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Elizabeth warren is officially as Cherokian as CWC
https://politics.theonion.com/elizabeth ... 1829766407
Elizabeth Warren Disappointed After DNA Test Shows Zero Trace Of Presidential Material
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #446287

Nice1
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #446834

[youtube]lQ7pqjKXPlQ[/youtube]

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #446844

let's protest liberals denigrating us as bots by creating a bunch of bots

what could go wrong
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #446857

Well I mean the facepalm was directed at the first segment, with the dumbfucks interfering with the deportation of a rapist, not... whatever the fuck that thing was at the end.
XSI

Post by XSI » #446905

Funny thing that NPC meme
Calling all Trump supporters Russian bots is fine, but them calling liberals NPCs is not
Really shows what side the media and social media is on

India is pretty fucked of course but that's normal over there, it's shit all over and for everyone
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #446913

CosmicScientist wrote:Do they even have tampons over there because I'm fairly certain they can't have bidets unless you count the Ganges as a really big bidet.
The unfortunate stereotype is that Indian bidets include the entire length of residential & commercial government paid for roads because there's no toilet facilities and cultural traditions haven't improved in probably a 100 years for the poorest and deprived members of society.

Spoiler:
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #447019

A summary of the thread so far.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #447055

XSI wrote:Funny thing that NPC meme
Calling all Trump supporters Russian bots is fine, but them calling liberals NPCs is not
Really shows what side the media and social media is on
Calling the other side puppets with no free will who repeat stock phrases from the official party line is as old as politics. But the npc thing is perfect because it appeals to voters in the 18-30 age range which Trump needs (he already secured the older vote but youngsters consume liberal media and can be swayed by it)

Also it's one of those things you just have to do it first to win. Liberals can say the same thing now to trumpers but it will only reinforce their npcness and make it look like they're just following suit in a "no u" fashion
XSI

Post by XSI » #447082

Politics are dumb. The whole npc meme is a legitimate and useful philosophical concept used instead to go "haha the other side is stupid"
At first when the npc thing happened on /pol/, I thought they might have some legitimate discourse on its history and so on

But nope, just shitting up politics
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #447094

Bah, the philosophical aspect of the meme was stale and dead from the beginning, are you really gonna imply that anyone who disagrees with you is a p-zombie or a bicameral-minded early human who somehow made it to the 3rd millennium, sure it's fascinating but come on

Also I recall when /pol/ was warning about the dangers of medicalisation of dissent, hell 8chan pol (actual nazis) even had an article pinned describing it and complaining about liberals using it to silence or discredit the opposition (remember all those articles "doctors say Trump is crazy/a clinical sociopath") and now they're the ones using it? Bad form
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #447107

XSI wrote:The whole npc meme is a legitimate and useful philosophical concept
hahahahahahahahahahaha

no

for pretty much the reasons grazyn said like I'm too tired to write an essay on philosophy here but no

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #447108

I'm just enjoying how twitter instantly went full defcon 1 over this because they know their userbase is barely capable of more than clicking +1 on posts about "people who <anything> are nazis" or replying "damn.. deep" and "THIS".
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
XSI

Post by XSI » #447111

Grazyn wrote:Bah, the philosophical aspect of the meme was stale and dead from the beginning, are you really gonna imply that anyone who disagrees with you is a p-zombie or a bicameral-minded early human who somehow made it to the 3rd millennium, sure it's fascinating but come on

Also I recall when /pol/ was warning about the dangers of medicalisation of dissent, hell 8chan pol (actual nazis) even had an article pinned describing it and complaining about liberals using it to silence or discredit the opposition (remember all those articles "doctors say Trump is crazy/a clinical sociopath") and now they're the ones using it? Bad form
Let me clarify since I apparently mistyped there. It is based on a legimitate and useful philosophical concept. In its current popular form it is not useful for anything except maybe getting reactions from easily annoyed idiots
What I mean there is not the philosophy behind 'lol npcs' and more 'A large subset of people are very material-world-focussed, easily distracted and sometimes easy to influence using specific tricks'
They exist. They are out there. And this has implications on politics and pretty much all societal decisions that are worth exploring
Of course as the concept is ancient. Though most ancient thought on it was along the lines of 'lol fuck them. Nobody cares what they think'
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #447114

XSI wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Bah, the philosophical aspect of the meme was stale and dead from the beginning, are you really gonna imply that anyone who disagrees with you is a p-zombie or a bicameral-minded early human who somehow made it to the 3rd millennium, sure it's fascinating but come on

Let me clarify since I apparently mistyped there. It is based on a legimitate and useful philosophical concept. In its current popular form it is not useful for anything except maybe getting reactions from easily annoyed idiots
What I mean there is not the philosophy behind 'lol npcs' and more 'A large subset of people are very material-world-focussed, easily distracted and sometimes easy to influence using specific tricks'
They exist. They are out there. And this has implications on politics and pretty much all societal decisions that are worth exploring
Of course as the concept is ancient. Though most ancient thought on it was along the lines of 'lol fuck them. Nobody cares what they think'
the implication being that the right-wing groups who forced that meme are 100% composed of people who cannot be influenced and know absolute truth

and that's what pisses me off more than denying their opponents' self-awareness

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
leibniz

Post by leibniz » #447120

CosmicScientist wrote:Irony, thy name is meme.
leibniz wrote:I'm just enjoying how twitter instantly went full defcon 1 over this because they know their userbase is barely capable of more than clicking +1 on posts about "people who <anything> are nazis" or replying "damn.. deep" and "THIS".
But does this mean that twitter are the nazis? :brain:
Not really, their saudi investors are just afraid of their candidate losing again after a green frog picture demolished them last time.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #447127

Yeah liberals really shouldn't complain after all the nazi accusations they've thrown around but there's one detail to consider: if you identify in the nazi ideals, your strive for the ethnostate, you think the holocaust didn't happen BUT IT SHOULD HAVE, you believe in the superiority of the white race and so on, basically everything that defines /pol/... why do you take nazi as an insult? I mean, liberals get also called communists, but it's not like they're offended by it, maybe annoyed at most, because they may actually identify in some communist ideals after all.

What I'm saying is, they can call them NPCs and all, but "lol you called me nazi so why are you upset I'm calling you a philosophical zombie without consciousness and self-awareness" isn't really the same thing if nazi wasn't offensive to you in the first place
leibniz

Post by leibniz » #447128

CosmicScientist wrote:Oh I didn't realise Trump had only just started talking about the Sauds. He really likes going east-to-west over fixing the world.

Was this prompted by the news remembering Yemen exists? Actually didn't he go dancing there at the start of his term? And for my third question, what did he say to be a pawn of not only Russia, China & Pepe but the Sauds too?
I wasn't talking about Trump.
Grazyn wrote:if if if if if if if if
if
if
if
then why do you take nazi as an insult?
The thing is, even if someone does none of that, but they suggest that maybe borders matter, people are not entitled to just enter your country randomly and there is a legal system in place for immigration, you still get called a nazi, even though borders have nothing to do with the actual genocide that actual nazis did, and throwing nazi and facist labels at everything that offends you is an embarrassing display that cheapens the actual meaning of those words.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #447131

leibniz wrote: The thing is, even if someone does none of that, but they suggest that maybe borders matter, people are not entitled to just enter your country randomly and there is a legal system in place for immigration, you still get called a nazi, even though borders have nothing to do with the actual genocide that actual nazis did, and throwing nazi and facist labels at everything that offends you is an embarrassing display that cheapens the actual meaning of those words.
Sorry I didn't clarify, I'm talking about /pol/ because AFAIK the NPC meme was born there. I thought /pol/ identified as natsoc? Or was it completely co-opted by the GOP propaganda machine?
leibniz

Post by leibniz » #447135

Grazyn wrote:
leibniz wrote: The thing is, even if someone does none of that, but they suggest that maybe borders matter, people are not entitled to just enter your country randomly and there is a legal system in place for immigration, you still get called a nazi, even though borders have nothing to do with the actual genocide that actual nazis did, and throwing nazi and facist labels at everything that offends you is an embarrassing display that cheapens the actual meaning of those words.
Sorry I didn't clarify, I'm talking about /pol/ because AFAIK the NPC meme was born there. I thought /pol/ identified as natsoc? Or was it completely co-opted by the GOP propaganda machine?
Well I just being the devil's advocate.. /4chanboards/ are not a single person and /pol/ is also the most shilled site on the internet since the elections so its kinda pointless to ask what they identify as.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #447171

Grazyn wrote:Yeah liberals really shouldn't complain after all the nazi accusations they've thrown around but there's one detail to consider: if you identify in the nazi ideals, your strive for the ethnostate, you think the holocaust didn't happen BUT IT SHOULD HAVE, you believe in the superiority of the white race and so on, basically everything that defines /pol/... why do you take nazi as an insult? I mean, liberals get also called communists, but it's not like they're offended by it, maybe annoyed at most, because they may actually identify in some communist ideals after all.

What I'm saying is, they can call them NPCs and all, but "lol you called me nazi so why are you upset I'm calling you a philosophical zombie without consciousness and self-awareness" isn't really the same thing if nazi wasn't offensive to you in the first place
Because the smelly commies can proudly walk openly in the streets under their flag of mass murder without any negative repercussions but if you so much as question immigration or tell a blue joke or suggest the holocaust shouldn't be immune to scrutiny you can lose your job, face fines or even jail time
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #447173

Malkevin wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Yeah liberals really shouldn't complain after all the nazi accusations they've thrown around but there's one detail to consider: if you identify in the nazi ideals, your strive for the ethnostate, you think the holocaust didn't happen BUT IT SHOULD HAVE, you believe in the superiority of the white race and so on, basically everything that defines /pol/... why do you take nazi as an insult? I mean, liberals get also called communists, but it's not like they're offended by it, maybe annoyed at most, because they may actually identify in some communist ideals after all.

Because the smelly commies can proudly walk openly in the streets under their flag of mass murder without any negative repercussions but if you so much as question immigration or tell a blue joke or suggest the holocaust shouldn't be immune to scrutiny you can lose your job, face fines or even jail time
don't lose a war next time lol
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #447209

Also any proper ethno nationalist seasoned enough would realise that nazis and neo-nazis are the worst thing to happen to ethnonationalism.

Europe was very much an imperialist ethnonationalist place before ww1, post ww2 we did a complete about face and did nothing but suffer white guilt and give up all our colonies.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #447229

Oh, even if you avoid the jailtime, fines, and job loss, don't forget the antifa scum that'll swing a bike lock at you instead of debate
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #447238

Isn't Israel literally an ethnostate? That's some cosmic irony right there
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #447240

Malkevin wrote:Also any proper ethno nationalist seasoned enough would realise that nazis and neo-nazis are the worst thing to happen to ethnonationalism.

Europe was very much an imperialist ethnonationalist place before ww1, post ww2 we did a complete about face and did nothing but suffer white guilt and give up all our colonies.
Things can stay the same for some time but eventually you have to fight to keep them that way. It's inevitable. You can try to delay it, but at some point you have to fight for it and you better be prepared. It's naive to think that things would have stayed the same if Hitler didn't start the war. He had to fight and win to ensure they did.
XSI

Post by XSI » #447332

Anonmare wrote:Isn't Israel literally an ethnostate? That's some cosmic irony right there
Complete with a big concentration camp in Gaza, yes
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #447355

XSI wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Isn't Israel literally an ethnostate? That's some cosmic irony right there
Complete with a big concentration camp in Gaza, yes
no wonder my government supports them :^)

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #447358

Ö
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #447655

I Just had the horrible thought that maybe democracy can only truly happen in a postscarcity society.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
XSI

Post by XSI » #447708

Democracy will always have a lot of flaws because either you let everyone vote- Even the most stupid people who don't know their own interests and are easy to manipulate, or someone decides who gets to vote and they will decide that only people who are likely to agree with them are truly worth the right to vote

Post-scarcity just means there's not as many ways to screw over the people who don't know their interests. There's plenty to go around after all
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #447762

End women's suffrage!

[youtube]kQJQ--T4U0c[/youtube]

[youtube]zOZr9DD0gMg[/youtube]
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #447768

[youtube]QbLzVZysFyM[/youtube]
meanwhile I was shown this beauty

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #447845

>45 minutes
I'm going to need a summary or some timestamps
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #447860

the tl;dr is the west does not hate itself

the slightly expanded version is he responded to a video claiming the current sorry state of the western world is due to the nazis ruining nationalism for everyone, effectively calling bullshit on every single claim made in that video and explaining why

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #447919

Oh, okay
I can see how people would say the west hates itself. Though that would imply that the west can control the things happening to it when it's actually the international capitalists and bankers that hold the reins
And they never cared, that's why they're international
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #447961

hold on, what do "the capitalists" have to do with the idea that radical nationalism = bad?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #447964

Radical nationalism is bad due to the cost of equipping all citizens with skateboards.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #447968

Incomptinence wrote:Radical nationalism is bad due to the cost of equipping all citizens with skateboards.
not if you kick out anyone even remotely foreign

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #448840

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #449297

So according to the Süddeutsche Zeitung someone just tried to mail-bomb Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, and judging by the design of the bombs it might be the same person who tried to do the same thing to George Soros earlier this week.
Apparently Joe Biden was also sent one of those. All political opponents or at least outspoken critics of a certain President.

Hmmm...

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #449328

Last week someone sent Actual Ricin to republican politicians. Now someones dropping Fake Bombs in demorat mailboxes. Hmmmmmm
XSI

Post by XSI » #449329

They didn't mention that the bombs were obvious fakes lacking explosive charges with giant hollywood style digital clocks on them, and that one was also sent to CNN who took close pictures of it before even bothering to call the bomb squad?
And that the bomb had a stereotypical redneck "Get er done" slogan on it made to look like an ISIS flag?
Plus the bits where US postal service apparently delivered them all at the same time but also didn't stamp them or process them in any way?

It's so incredibly obviously fake that I'm not sure who did it, but the chances of it actually being a supporter of that certain president may as well be 0
Someone wanted to cause some commotion. I'm not sure who did it since there are a lot of people who have motivation to do so, but considering the 'bombs' themselves weren't even functional we can rule out the possibility of someone trying to actually injure the 'targets'
And that's not even counting the immediate push of a good 10 or so generally left-leaning news agencies reporting on it within hours, with matching social media campaign "#magabomber"

Like come on, give me a bowl of alphabet soup and I can shit a better PR plan than this
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #449336

XSI wrote:the bombs were obvious fakes lacking explosive charges
Can I get a source on that, please? Süddeutsche isn't known for publishing bullshit.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #449341

They were "fake" as in, they contained explosive but either not a detonator or an unwired detonator. It's nothing new, it's simple intimidation like "we can get at you if we want to, thread carefully"

Here they do it with bullets, every other day some judge or prosecutor receives bullets in their mail sent by the mafia or whoever they're trying to prosecute