Page 50 of 52

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:20 pm
by Incomptinence
Autobots are problematic a bunch of uncle toms trying to "protect" us from decepticon immigration how can they betray immigration this way when they too immigrated from war torn cybertron?

Decepticon cultural practices like turning stolen petroleum into bricks of of energon are just the growing pains of a multicultural society #notalldecepticons

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:00 pm
by Rustledjimm
Actually Ireland is desperately in need of construction workers.

Also the population of Ireland is still nowhere near what it was 200 years ago. It's one of the very few places in the world with less population now than it had in 1800.

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:19 pm
by Incomptinence
It's not selective skilled migration it's the EU ordained slurry of whatever walks in the border.

Short term such rapid migration will make the housing problem worse and that will most likely have negative effects on those inadequately housed making them less likely to get into a stable productive life as a construction worker.
It's just gonna end in tent slums.

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:33 pm
by Malkevin
Rustledjimm wrote:Actually Ireland is desperately in need of construction workers.

Also the population of Ireland is still nowhere near what it was 200 years ago. It's one of the very few places in the world with less population now than it had in 1800.

That's because all the Irish brickeys are over here.

Why don't they do some sort of incentive to encourage irish repatriation?

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:53 pm
by BeeSting12
Rustledjimm wrote:I'm trying to tell if this is sarcastic

whos being sarcastic

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:05 pm
by Rustledjimm
Pretty sure Malk is British, Cosmic.

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:12 am
by XSI
To be fair sarcasm does not at all work well with just text

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:23 am
by oranges
BeeSting12 wrote:and yall think american politics are bad lmao.

careful icarus

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:58 pm
by DemonFiren
The EU thing?
Youtube has started a smear campaign against it, apparently. Presumably because it's intended to be used against the evil megacorps.

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:03 pm
by Malkevin
Is that the copyright one?

Basically it completely destroys fair use, so say if you wanted to critique something you can no longer use snippets of footage with out the express written consent of the copyright holder

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:06 pm
by DemonFiren
Malkevin wrote:Is that the copyright one?

Basically it completely destroys fair use, so say if you wanted to critique something you can no longer use snippets of footage with out the express written consent of the copyright holder

Wait, are we talking about article 13 GDPR?
Because that's about personal data collection, apparently.

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:31 pm
by DemonFiren
I see no "Article 13" in there, either.

Actually, wait, I do. Pages 56-59. Reading...

This seems pretty clear to me.
Image

Furthermore,
Image

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:36 pm
by DemonFiren
Post updated. More updates to follow.

Probably.

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:25 pm
by XSI
I'm not a fan of article 13 purely because it's more EU shit being thrown around without ever giving the national governments any real input
Written by lobbyists, for lobbyists. I've not read it, but I also don't believe for a second that it can be a good thing given how cartoonishly stupid the previous versions were, including the shit about about ISPs becoming responsible for any copyrighted material uploaded through them. No idea if that's still in, but that's enough intent shown for me to be pretty certain that it's not going to in any way be reasonable

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:42 pm
by DemonFiren
XSI wrote:I've not read it

Really all you needed to say.

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:12 pm
by Malkevin
I thought it was just the UK that was cucked into paying a license fee for its state propaganda channel, turns out Sweden had one too.

Which they're getting rid of.

















By replacing it with a mandatory tax instead

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:46 pm
by XSI
DemonFiren wrote:
XSI wrote:I've not read it

Really all you needed to say.


Nobody reads that shit because it's written in legalese and has more pages than most short novels
And that's the entire point of it, make it as difficult to read and/or understand as possible so they can push whatever they want

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:01 am
by Incomptinence
How many figureheads in the fake democracy portion of the EU even read the documents of proposed legislation?

Tomes of lobbyist and shadow government vomit in a secrecy room where you are constantly monitored by security, no devices allowed restricted amount of notes on top of the general bullshit of making it so long next to no one can read it in time.

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:10 am
by ShadowDimentio
The EU, from top to bottom, is deliberately designed to be as obtuse and impenetrable as possible.

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:55 pm
by Rustledjimm
Is that supposed to make it different from any other government.

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:29 pm
by ShadowDimentio
Yes

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:33 pm
by Anonmare
If only someone had the foresight to make it required for all legal documents to have a simple English translation.

I don't have the mental fortitude to dissect legalese jargon for every single law or document I hear about

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:32 pm
by Malkevin
Does reading the actual written legislation still require booking an appointment to physically go into a secure guarded room in Brussels for a time limited slot, and you're not allowed to make copies of the laws; and any notes taken have to be hand written?

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:53 pm
by Cik
that's the objective likely

brussels as a center of government was probably chosen because it's physically annoying for anyone to actually go there; only the moneyed classes that make up the chief interests of the place can travel in and out on planes every week.

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:04 am
by Drynwyn
Cik wrote:that's the objective likely

brussels as a center of government was probably chosen because it's physically annoying for anyone to actually go there; only the moneyed classes that make up the chief interests of the place can travel in and out on planes every week.

Got it in one.

The EU, whatever you think of it's policies, is a deeply undemocratic institution.

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:33 am
by DemonFiren
surprise, surprise
what do you get when a whole lot of national governments get together out of economic self-interest and forget the other half of the equation is supposed to be shared values of liberty and peace

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:39 am
by Rustledjimm
Except Brussels is one of the most accessible and central cities in Europe. It's probably the easiest capital for me to visit bar my own (London) which is far more expensive than Brussels to stay in and live in.

The EU is far, far from perfect. However let's not just make shit up?

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:06 am
by DemonFiren
Rustledjimm wrote:However let's not just make shit up?

There's a sign on the office door of a colleague of mine.
"My mind's already made up. Please don't confound me with facts."

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:37 am
by Grazyn
Why isn't any party staking a claim on the French protests? AFAIK it has widespread major public support, whoever calls dibs on it is gonna be the next king of France for sure. So why aren't they doing it?

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:18 am
by Cik
can't have yourself sympathizing with the rabble

it's """populist"""" which is the new buzzword in europa these days

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:32 pm
by Malkevin
The last time France had a popularist movement heads literally rolled and they took over most of europe and made everyone drive the wrong side of the road

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:56 pm
by Grazyn
Cik wrote:can't have yourself sympathizing with the rabble

it's """populist"""" which is the new buzzword in europa these days

Yeah and populists are on the rise everywhere in the EU and it's a guaranteed ticket to power, so I'm kinda surprised nobody seems to want to take advantage of this.

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:16 pm
by Super Aggro Crag
Donald Trump should run for king of France

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:54 pm
by XSI
Don't say it too loudly, he might actually win

Macron isn't very popular after all

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:32 pm
by Super Aggro Crag
Everyone knows America and France are tsundere for each other. We fight all the time but always team up to tell the British and Krauts to fuck off and we both love violently overthrowing the government.

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:25 am
by Super Aggro Crag
How come i spell color without a u then idiot

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:42 am
by Super Aggro Crag
Salty anglo mad that ouiabros teamed up with the colonies to boot him out of America. We'll be here enjoying our statues of liberty while you flick your bean to your glorious contribution in world war 2: running away and abandoning your allies to hide out on your island, leaving all the shit we gave you to motivate you to shoot jerry behins for the krauts to capture and cry until Tojo decided to tick us off enough to finish the job you could not.

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:47 am
by oranges
Is this a joke? You can read EU legislation online
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/homepage.html

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:49 am
by Super Aggro Crag
New Zealand is honestly a nice country.

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:26 am
by Screemonster
meanwhile in the UK the government was found in contempt of parliament so that's a fun little moment for everyone

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:14 am
by XSI
I'm pretty sure 'contempt' is the only thing brits feel for any branch of their government at this point

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:14 am
by Super Aggro Crag
CosmicScientist wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Salty anglo mad that ouiabros teamed up with the colonies to boot him out of America. We'll be here enjoying our statues of liberty while you flick your bean to your glorious contribution in world war 2: running away and abandoning your allies to hide out on your island, leaving all the shit we gave you to motivate you to shoot jerry behins for the krauts to capture and cry until Tojo decided to tick us off enough to finish the job you could not.

>couldn't fight own independence war
>had to have France and Spain on Danish coin to make Britain decide a backwater that doesn't want cheap tea because smugglers don't want to be undercut by an honest day's work, is utterly worthless
>only won wars solo against Spain 2: this time with more civil wars and secessions, because somehow Mexico was worse than Spain, it's like picking on a retarded child
>sold weapons to both sides in WWI & WWII, joined late, didn't provide more effort than the French
>joined in the first time because you were worried about Mexico, being in a civil war, would fight you
>joined in the second time because you forgot how AA worked in a harbour
>invented spray and pray: yank the machine gun left and right whilst praying you don't shoot your own men
>painted WWII recruitment posters as direct copies of British WWI ones
>couldn't invent a turret to penetrate German armour so we had to fix them to your tanks
>couldn't beat armies with one gun to every three men and tractors for tanks to Berlin
>bombed British troops and supplied the Japanese, in the same aerial operation
>nuked the Japanese because lol we've already won but my K/D is too low for joining in late and doing less than the Ruskies
>shot own president over slavery
>had a civil war over slavery
>shot own president over people being black
>still can't get over people being black
>can't beat rice farmers
>can't beat sand people
>can't even beat the Russians
>stereotype is internationally recognised as fat, anti-vax, school shooting, loud, ignorant, stupid, nationalist, racist, unhygienic, drug wastrel, ghetto encouraging, penny pinching, internationally interventionist, selfish and worst of all, American

Oh and that's really something, your statue of liberty. French made, because you couldn't. Your buildings are made out of asbestos and cardboard, hence why tornadoes fuck them up. Your home made monuments include a few faces, the world's largest croquet hoop, and a small stone pillar. Great work, you really one upped Big Ben, the Eiffel Tower, Saint Basil's Cathedral, the Colosseum, the Hagia Sophia, the Sistine Chapel, the leaning tower of Pisa, the Brandenburg Gate, Parthenon. You have to export your shit culture to try and bring others down to your level because you can't crawl out of your own hole.

Your national identity is stolen from better cultures and you never updated it to get with the times, your iconography is stolen from the Romans, your national bird is bald, you have a choice of two people in elections: "The other one's racist" and "The other one's a pussy". You and your nation aren't worthless, Crag, you're a net drain on existence. An embarrassment.
i love how you list a bunch of monuments in other countries besides your own because as usual the clutching grasping anglo considers everyone elses property his own which is why for centuries you robbed brown and yellow people, turning their countries into the absolute shitholes they are today. You say our country steals other cultures when your entire national identity is founded on pillaging from people poorer than you. You bitch about us exporting our culture when any person with talent in your island moves to America and adopts our accent. England is a nation of hypocrites and cowards.

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:42 am
by Incomptinence
Yeah true but the hypothetical what could have been for colonised countries could have been should be more in line with real life Ethiopia that was only briefly colonised for 5 years by fascist Italy rather than pure fantasy like Wakanda.

Yes Europeans were scummy exploitative looter boys but they weren't capable of stealing infinite resources and at some point the now independent locals should be responsible for their own problems like political corruption.

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:26 am
by Grazyn
wtf I love Cosmic now? Just kidding I've always loved you

Super Aggro Crag wrote:i love how you list a bunch of monuments in other countries besides your own because as usual the clutching grasping anglo considers everyone elses property his own which is why for centuries you robbed brown and yellow people, turning their countries into the absolute shitholes they are today. You say our country steals other cultures when your entire national identity is founded on pillaging from people poorer than you. You bitch about us exporting our culture when any person with talent in your island moves to America and adopts our accent. England is a nation of hypocrites and cowards.


"Your country was built on pillage and oppression" says the country who kept sterilizing natives up until the '80s and still had racial laws well into the '90s.

Also the last time you went to war with the British you were soundly defeated and they burned down your White House so I wouldn't mock them

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:47 am
by leibniz
tornadoes fuck up concrete buildings too, its probably better to build cheap stuff in areas often hit by disasters

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:54 am
by Super Aggro Crag
Grazyn wrote:wtf I love Cosmic now? Just kidding I've always loved you

Super Aggro Crag wrote:i love how you list a bunch of monuments in other countries besides your own because as usual the clutching grasping anglo considers everyone elses property his own which is why for centuries you robbed brown and yellow people, turning their countries into the absolute shitholes they are today. You say our country steals other cultures when your entire national identity is founded on pillaging from people poorer than you. You bitch about us exporting our culture when any person with talent in your island moves to America and adopts our accent. England is a nation of hypocrites and cowards.


"Your country was built on pillage and oppression" says the country who kept sterilizing natives up until the '80s and still had racial laws well into the '90s.

Also the last time you went to war with the British you were soundly defeated and they burned down your White House so I wouldn't mock them
Go wipe your ass, Mario, relevant countries are talking. Stop trying to hitch your wagon to a country with military victories that happened in the last millenium, paisano.

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:57 am
by Grazyn
We gassed our fair share of africans but nobody beats America when it comes to oppressing minorities

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:22 pm
by Malkevin
Screemonster wrote:meanwhile in the UK the government was found in contempt of parliament so that's a fun little moment for everyone

What's this about anyway? The government was surpressing some legal document?

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:01 pm
by Super Aggro Crag
Grazyn wrote:We gassed our fair share of africans but nobody beats America when it comes to oppressing minorities

Ey, Tone! Get a load of this fanook! Spraying Ethiopians with your tepid ass drippings doesnt count as gassing them. Mama mia!

Re: 2k18 /pol/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:33 pm
by Rustledjimm
Malkevin wrote:
Screemonster wrote:meanwhile in the UK the government was found in contempt of parliament so that's a fun little moment for everyone

What's this about anyway? The government was surpressing some legal document?



The government was given legal advice re: May's Brexit deal.

The government tried to suppress the legal advice and keep it hidden so MPs could not read it before having a vote on the deal. They said it was in the interest of "national security".

House of Commons basically rose in revolt at the notion of this, because how cna you vote on something to put into law when you aren't allowed to know the legal implications behind it, so the government was found in contempt of parliament for the first time ever. In history. Ever. This has never happened before.