8values

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: 8values

Post by Grazyn » #431874

Bottom post of the previous page:

Tax write off, publicity, virtue signalling, there are a lot of good reasons to donate. Maybe it's more an issue of smart rich people vs dumb ones, and it just so happens that the smart ones who realise the benefits of donating are also those who made their own fortune from scratch. You know, 'cause they're smart.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #431875

Some of the questions are a bit open like why wouldn't a world wide government have some benefit it doesn't even phrase it as net benefit or like why would I as someone who gives a bit of a damn about my nation give a fuck about the existence of the EU? If the EU fucks up the old world better for everyone outside it long term I think.

Anyway most improvements in living after the establishment of personal rights and voting for all citizens have mainly been due to scientific progress. Corporations, governments it doesn't matter largely who does it but capitalism is an adequate distribution method for the end products resulting from novel discoveries. The government can make shit worse but it doesn't always do so. Corporations don't care about making shit worse or better a corp rep could come in and tell you they want to extinguish all of humanity and it would have as much emotional investment behind it throughout the organisation as saying they really care about diversity and inclusion.

Technological progress has outpaced evolution since the stone age and refusing to meddle with the human genetic code or the human body in general is species wide suicide in the long term. Not even talking AI scenarios, we could barely cope with how dangerous we are during the cold war and we are only going to get stronger. Man and technology must integrate.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #431912

CreationPro wrote:Just talk to people who've been working for their fortune and those who've got it easily, you'll notice quite a difference.
I haven't really noticed a difference between the kind of people they are, more-so a difference between the individuals. I don't think generalizing an entire class of people is productive.
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #431917

IkeTG wrote:
CreationPro wrote:Just talk to people who've been working for their fortune and those who've got it easily, you'll notice quite a difference.
I don't think generalizing an entire class of people is productive.
And still, here we are looking at 8values, which places people into general categories.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #431919

Are you arguing that categorizing political belief to the corresponding party based on policy questions is generalization of classes?
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #431920

IkeTG wrote:Are you arguing that categorizing political belief to the corresponding party based on policy questions is generalization of classes?
I'm arguing that generalization is inevitable with a sample that huge.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;