Watercooler; Hydration thread

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
ariever
Byond Username: Ariever

Watercooler; Hydration thread

Post by ariever » #514861

How are you all doing? What have you done this week that will improve your life?

Drinking water improves your life, so does eating regularly!

Heres a fun blood fact: White blood cells are called 'leukocytes'!
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Watercooler; Hydration thread

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #514903

water is a chemical compound
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #515088

i hate this stupid "drink more water and eat regularly" meme so much, it feels less sincere and more belittling to me. your brain does a pretty good job of knowing when to drink water by itself, i don't need people telling me when i should
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #515106

its all a conspiracy plapatin

the sheep are easily swayed

"drink water

take your estrogen

deny christ

love yourself its all self care ^_~"

fukken satanic reptoids
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #515158

Plapatin wrote:i hate this stupid "drink more water and eat regularly" meme so much, it feels less sincere and more belittling to me. your brain does a pretty good job of knowing when to drink water by itself, i don't need people telling me when i should
I remember seeing some fucking thinkpiece about millennials saying that they'd developed a new sixth sense called "foodmood" to tell them when they need to eat something and I'm like "bitch that's called being hungry"
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #515178

You don't need to drink more water or eat regularly, or be reminded of it (*unless you have some sort of issues that make you go without food or drink for days)
That's just bullshit. Listen to your body instead. Thirsty? Drink something. Hungry? Eat something.

Depending on where you live, 'more water' can be harmful. Even without counting what's in the water, too much water will fuck you up just as well as too little water. Don't just drink more because you can, drink when you need to and because your body needs it
Same shit for food. Regular meal times encourages you to eat a lot at those times. And then you get fat. Eat when you need to eat and eat what you need to eat. If you live with others, you'll find that you can sorta arrange for communal meals without issue but keeping a schedule for food won't make anything better
You can tell when you need food or drink. Just occasionally take a moment to ask yourself if you do
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #515261

Most of y'all drink diuretic shit and piss constantly and don't eat or drink enough to replace the lost electrolytes. Fun fact: Over-hydration is real and the symptoms are very close to dehydration since they're basically second verse, same as the first (I.E. Electrolyte levels too low from either not having enough or diluting them to the point that your body can't use them).
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #515465

hmm yes i feel like some nice cool water
[this space reserved]
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #515498

Invest in a water bottle that you can just have on your desk. When the water is literally always within arms reach you'll notice you're more inclined to drink from it now and then. It helps me be hydrated without having to really think about it. It is a nice quality of life thing.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #515504

Plapatin wrote:i hate this stupid "drink more water and eat regularly" meme so much, it feels less sincere and more belittling to me. your brain does a pretty good job of knowing when to drink water by itself, i don't need people telling me when i should
the first signs of dehydration is thirst anon, make sure to drink water at regular intervals
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #515505

Anonmare wrote:Most of y'all drink diuretic shit and piss constantly and don't eat or drink enough to replace the lost electrolytes. Fun fact: Over-hydration is real and the symptoms are very close to dehydration since they're basically second verse, same as the first (I.E. Electrolyte levels too low from either not having enough or diluting them to the point that your body can't use them).
you would piss your guts out before you die from overhydration
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #515559

I hate this post because "drink more water" is absolutely something should do since people drink garbage shit all day

But I also agree it's become the new WHOLESOME MEMES :))) where it feels so forced and fake it drives people off from what on paper is a good thing
Limey wrote:its too late.