2020 politics containment thread: covid edition

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: 2020 politics containment thread: covid edition

Post by Timonk » #561100

Bottom post of the previous page:

i watched like 5 minutes of this and i subconciously grabbed my tinfoil hat so im shielded from the superbug virus rays from wuhan
guess who dosent have corona right now
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #561172

i cant click this link please tll me what's inside it
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #561174

A bunch of similar Corona conspiracy theories put into relation that don't reflect the creators opinion apparently
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #561179

why are conspiracy theorists so fucking dumb, a plague is about as cut and dry as it gets
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #561189

we didn't have conspiracy theorists when the black plague came around, because the plague and the horrible living conditions killed all of the idiots
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #561192

A lot of this wuhan flu is overrated
Sure it's shit but we didn't need to go full authoritarian and force everything closed without any real logic behind it
Shit like sports while maintaining the government's suggested distance, with up to 10 people? Perfectly fine.
Sitting in the grass relaxing at a park at the government's suggested distance but with 4 people? ILLEGAL!

This isn't about stopping the virus. This is about trying to see what they can get away with. If it was about the virus they'd be handing out masks and gloves everywhere and making sure people are given plenty of sunlight and vitamins in their daily life to be able to resist shit. But they aren't. They're trying to get people to stay at home, indoors, and masks are just made more expensive to profit off this mess.
I'm sure the virus is shit, but at this point the measures taken are either done by complete morons and incompetent fools, or done by people who see a chance to profit and are laughing that people are actually going along with it
Last edited by XSI on Sat May 09, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #561193

It's actually because they were too busy starving to worry about whether or not the supremem leader was actually ordained by God.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #561290

IkeTG wrote:why are conspiracy theorists so fucking dumb, a plague is about as cut and dry as it gets
A plague that originated in China, a place where the chances of them giving accurate information to the rest of the world isn't likely, before spreading throughout the world. A plague in the time period where we can actually contain, release, and do other shit with diseases (compared to the old times where I doubt anyone knew the word virology back then). A plague that popped up in this political climate where I am sure you know how toxic it is.

I'm sorry however all those factors suggest that it isn't as cut and dry as one would hope. Even if you disagree, it's obvious that there is more going on here than just "man, that flu sure is deadly." edit: aka stuff like big boi politics or negative perceptions of authority figures or whatever
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #561314

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
IkeTG wrote:why are conspiracy theorists so fucking dumb, a plague is about as cut and dry as it gets
A plague that originated in China, a place where the chances of them giving accurate information to the rest of the world isn't likely, before spreading throughout the world. A plague in the time period where we can actually contain, release, and do other shit with diseases (compared to the old times where I doubt anyone knew the word virology back then). A plague that popped up in this political climate where I am sure you know how toxic it is.

I'm sorry however all those factors suggest that it isn't as cut and dry as one would hope. Even if you disagree, it's obvious that there is more going on here than just "man, that flu sure is deadly." edit: aka stuff like big boi politics or negative perceptions of authority figures or whatever
CCP suppressing information is ALSO as cut and dry as it gets, not only is this a story older than I am, it's something that everyone's already come to understand to some degree
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #561473

IkeTG wrote:
Ayy Lemoh wrote:

CCP suppressing information is ALSO as cut and dry as it gets, not only is this a story older than I am, it's something that everyone's already come to understand to some degree
Here's an article the Washington Post, about department cables being concerned about the safety of the Wuhan Lab.
https://outline.com/LEtLtm
Documents obtained by The Mail on Sunday show the Wuhan Institute of Virology undertook coronavirus experiments on mammals captured more than 1,000 miles away in Yunnan – funded by a $3.7 million grant from the US government.
Sequencing of the Covid-19 genome has traced it to bats found in Yunnan's caves.
https://outline.com/MDEDby
The wet markets in Wuhan do not sell bats.
There's no direct evidence it leaked from that lab, as Chinese state would have every incentive, and every ability to suppress or destroy said evidence. There is mounting circumstantial evidence, like "How did bats from 1000 miles away in Yunnan result in an outbreak in Wuhan?"
If it did though, would the WHO recognize it? Would CNN?
If the US sued China through the WTO for negligently releasing the virus, how do you think it would be covered by the Orange Man Bad media?
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #561476

You mean to say the country with historically shit labor laws and standards might be responsible for negligence? This is stuff I was talking to people about months ago lmfao, if anything you're proving how ridiculous you're being about this
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #561497

IkeTG wrote:You mean to say the country with historically shit labor laws and standards might be responsible for negligence? This is stuff I was talking to people about months ago lmfao, if anything you're proving how ridiculous you're being about this
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #561502

TheWiznard wrote:
IkeTG wrote:You mean to say the country with historically shit labor laws and standards might be responsible for negligence? This is stuff I was talking to people about months ago lmfao, if anything you're proving how ridiculous you're being about this
not an argument
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #561503

Armhulen wrote:
TheWiznard wrote:
not an argument
this isnt arguing this is shitposting
Last edited by TheWiznard on Tue May 12, 2020 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #561504

TheWiznard wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
TheWiznard wrote:
not an argument
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #561505

Armhulen wrote:
TheWiznard wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
TheWiznard wrote:
not an argument
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #561507

shut up lbieral
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #561510

Okay. Follow up question.
Will China face justice for their negligence?
Be it being sued inside the WTO for cash, or any other international tribunal.
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #561513

Helios wrote:
Okay. Follow up question.
Will China face justice for their negligence?
Be it being sued inside the WTO for cash, or any other international tribunal.
take a guess sherlock
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #561546

The chinese will claim the disease actually originated in America, possibly as a biological weapon, and the American media will push this narrative because Orange man Bad
Taraiph
Byond Username: Taraiph

Post by Taraiph » #561550

It's like watching a bad game of SS13. When's the emergency shuttle coming so I can log out of life and not have to see human stupidity congeal into malice
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #561552

Taraiph wrote:It's like watching a bad game of SS13. When's the emergency shuttle coming so I can log out of life and not have to see human stupidity congeal into malice
the US keeps recalling the shuttle
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #561603

trollbreeder wrote:
Taraiph wrote:It's like watching a bad game of SS13. When's the emergency shuttle coming so I can log out of life and not have to see human stupidity congeal into malice
the US keeps recalling the shuttle
WE CAN FIX THIS!!!!!
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #561625

Super Aggro Crag wrote:The chinese will claim the disease actually originated in America, possibly as a biological weapon, and the American media will push this narrative because Orange man Bad
Well the first half of this is already happening I believe
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
XSI

Post by XSI » #561712

It is, that's been their official stance for a few months now. Right after they changed their official stance from "There is no disease"
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #562609

hot politics: as we move to ever decreasing tiers of lockdown here (second to last one now) it is depressing to see the normals return to their lives. i liked going outside and feeling like i had survived the rapture
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

XSI

Post by XSI » #562614

You can still feel that way if you just go outside during work hours
They'll all be working
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #562654

Timonk wrote:
i watched like 5 minutes of this and i subconciously grabbed my tinfoil hat so im shielded from the superbug virus rays from wuhan
guess who dosent have corona right now
Tinfoil hat will only amplify the 5G lasers.
[youtube]qWzIh1OOa8Y[/youtube]
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
XSI

Post by XSI » #562673

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN22F0KF
>President of Tanzania sends in goat and sheep samples for virus testing
>Sends in papaya sample
>Pretends they're human samples
>Test results say the goat and fruit have the wuhan flu
>Sheep is fine though