Politics Thread: BLM Riots edition

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Politics Thread: BLM Riots edition

Post by Shadowflame909 » #563190

bruh I have never seen a president wild out this much and literally say "when the looting starts the shooting starts"

????
► Show Spoiler
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Re: Politics Thread: BLM Riots edition

Post by trollbreeder » #563196

someone keep an eye on the doomsday clock
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563199

Shadowflame909 wrote:Image

bruh I have never seen a president wild out this much and literally say "when the looting starts the shooting starts"

????
Strange to have a president respond to race riots after 8 years of dead silence as cities burned for months followed by "ifififififififififififififif i h-h-ad-adad a s-s-son he-he-he w-w-w-ould look like t-t-t-tray-tray-travon..."
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #563201

National Guard units and other military units are useful for putting riots to an end (See: LA Riots), but saying "When the looting starts the shooting starts" is just barbaric.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563203

Setting fire to African American owned business because you're mad at a pigfucker not exactly the height of civilization
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #563213

when the problems are systemic you burn down the fucking system

cops invested so many resources in defending a man who should be in prison that they understaffed their own fucking precinct and got what was fucking coming to them

Violent rebellion is america's only hope for not becoming a technocratic dystopia.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #563214

Strange to have a president respond to race riots after 8 years of dead silence as cities burned for months followed by "ifififififififififififififif i h-h-ad-adad a s-s-son he-he-he w-w-w-ould look like t-t-t-tray-tray-travon..."
Yeah at least trump is too stupid to lie about caring
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #563215

Oh my god they arrested the LOW RATINGS FAKE NEWS CNN

It's like their fucking AI is malfunctioning that's incredible

[youtube]ftLzQefpBvM[/youtube]
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563225

Stickymayhem wrote:when the problems are systemic you burn down the fucking system

cops invested so many resources in defending a man who should be in prison that they understaffed their own fucking precinct and got what was fucking coming to them

Violent rebellion is america's only hope for not becoming a technocratic dystopia.
yeah burn down all the businesses leaving your city even poorer than before, that will address the issues of systemic poverty :D
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #563229

Anyone for those police provocateurs caught setting fires?
And the ones encouraging more looting and theft?

Someone clearly wants these riots to escalate and be worse
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #563230

Super Aggro Crag wrote:yeah burn down all the businesses leaving your city even poorer than before, that will address the issues of systemic poverty :D
yeah because target is such a beacon of good will and not just another soulless corporation.

Riots are the only thing that works. Modern American history has proven that countless times.

I'd happily take catastrophic property damage over broad daylight executions by police a thousand times earlier. Human lives are infinitely more valuable than commercial fucking real estate.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #563231

Stickymayhem wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:yeah burn down all the businesses leaving your city even poorer than before, that will address the issues of systemic poverty :D
yeah because target is such a beacon of good will and not just another soulless corporation.

Riots are the only thing that works. Modern American history has proven that countless times.

I'd happily take catastrophic property damage over broad daylight executions by police a thousand times earlier. Human lives are infinitely more valuable than commercial fucking real estate.
would you burn down a carrot farm?

checkmate

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563232

Stickymayhem wrote:

Human lives now going to be vastly diminished by the economic impact of this as business will leave, meaning the populace will struggle to find a living wage, meaning the city will have less income, meaning the public services such as education will suffer, meaning people will still be poor, pissed off, and pointing fingers at racism instead of questioning their elected leaders why a cop with 13 prior incidences of excessive force and brutality was allowed to keep his job. Just lynch the fucking pig instead of strangling your own future in the crib.

All this riot is doing is making everyone's life in Minneapolis worse and giving Cletus more evidence to show Cletus Junior why he should hate the brown people.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #563233

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:

Human lives now going to be vastly diminished by the economic impact of this as business will leave, meaning the populace will struggle to find a living wage, meaning the city will have less income, meaning the public services such as education will suffer, meaning people will still be poor, pissed off, and pointing fingers at racism instead of questioning their elected leaders why a cop with 13 prior incidences of excessive force and brutality was allowed to keep his job. Just lynch the fucking pig instead of strangling your own future in the crib.

All this riot is doing is making everyone's life in Minneapolis worse and giving Cletus more evidence to show Cletus Junior why he should hate the brown people.
I don't really have a problem with your take and I don't expect anyone else here to agree with mine but as an outside observer I've seen this play out in America over and fucking over again and respectful civil disobedience does literally fucking nothing for your cause when the oppressor has zero conscience. MLK himself said it relies on the other side having any kind of empathy for you. That oppressor isn't just cletus and the political establishment that caters to him, it's fucking capitalism. This is class warfare as much as race warfare and nothing will change until you burn down enough shit and demonstrate enough collective power that the fear for their lives is greater than the fear for their fucking mansions.

Also any rhetoric that sounds even close to "You should protest more quietly" is fucking retarded and playing into the economic argument only helps the unjust continue being just. Don't pretend they play by the same rules as anyone else.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #563239

I am trying to come up with examples to support the claim that citizens burning down random private businesses directly affects positive political change. Please provide some if you can.

Marching and demonstrating vs. looting and pillaging are very different. You can't lump the whole group of people together and say protest bad look they burn shit.

There are people who take advantage of these situations to get away with more dumb shit under the guise of "civil revolt" or whatever but truly they just want to bust into the liqour store or target and nab a bunch of free shit while the police are busy. Burn something down just because they can.

Pointing to all this like it's a single calculated hive mind is fucking idiotic whether you're trying to applaud property destruction, theft, and random violence as valid demonstration OR condemning everyone who stood up as a THUG and issuing blanket threats of violence to your own people for the actions of a few.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #563240

America's social climate is so ridiculously unique and weird. Hearing people who dont live here trying to comment on shit like our gun laws, race relations, etc give their spicy takes is like

listening to someone whose never been in a fight say shit like "Well if someone tried to punch me I'd just block it or get out of the way"

like yeah on paper your ideas sound great and if it worked like that you'd be golden but we have our own entire jacked up reality going on. Come live here for a few years and then tell us what's best.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #563241

Stickymayhem wrote:Oh my god they arrested the LOW RATINGS FAKE NEWS CNN

It's like their fucking AI is malfunctioning that's incredible

[youtube]ftLzQefpBvM[/youtube]
It hurt itself in confusion!
[this space reserved]
trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #563242

can we please not destroy and wreck and fuck up things just because we're mad
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #563245

trollbreeder wrote:can we please not destroy and wreck and fuck up things just because we're mad
People wreck and fuck up things when they're happy too. When our sportsboys do the big dunk and win the gold thing we frequently riot and shit ourselves. That's not even uniquely American
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563249

Timbrewolf wrote:
trollbreeder wrote:can we please not destroy and wreck and fuck up things just because we're mad
People wreck and fuck up things when they're happy too. When our sportsboys do the big dunk and win the gold thing we frequently riot and shit ourselves. That's not even uniquely American
when boston won the world series a girl got shot in the face by a cop with a pepperball gun and died
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #563263

"If you start looting, we start shooting."

Absolutely based president, if the person in charge of my country would say something like that, I would hit the ceiling with my dick. Never thought I would see problem solutions from SS13 be applied to real life, but I am grateful that your president made it happen. I love this guy, I hope you elect him for another 4 years, nothing quite like this handsome rich guy making every bleeding heart liberal / commie cry tears of agony and making them trip over themselves with their self-righteous moralism bullshit.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #563281

CNN Headquarters totally got destroyed bro
► Show Spoiler
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #563322

Absolutely based.

The political process in America is fundamentally broken, this riot has a better chance of bringing real change in policing than voting for sleepy uncle Joe or whatever libcucks think the solution is.

Riots have a long history of working, but in America only blacks seem to have enough backbone to riot when they are shit on by the state. Ask the French or a Hong Konger if riots work and can be morally justified.

I'd like to ask the liberal simps and reactionaries whining about the rioting if they think the Fair Housing Act would ever have been passed if the MLK assassination riots never had happened.
trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #563325

Kryson wrote:Absolutely based.

The political process in America is fundamentally broken, this riot has a better chance of bringing real change in policing than voting for sleepy uncle Joe or whatever libcucks think the solution is.

Riots have a long history of working, but in America only blacks seem to have enough backbone to riot when they are shit on by the state. Ask the French or a Hong Konger if riots work and can be morally justified.

I'd like to ask the liberal simps and reactionaries whining about the rioting if they think the Fair Housing Act would ever have been passed if the MLK assassination riots never had happened.
There's a fine line between protesting, rioting, and terrorism.

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #563328

It's poor people, bored people and opportunists destroying and looting. Almost three months without fun shit like bars/sports/gyms have normies bored and this gives them an outlet.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #563336

There appears to be a big BLM protest 4km from my house starting in 10 minutes
I was thinking of going, in case things go to shit. I don't want my neighbourhood to burn, or my neighbours to get hurt by bored out of town anarchists
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563338

if you're white, don't go.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #563344

Super Aggro Crag wrote:if you're white, don't go.
I wish this wouldn't be the case but I completely agree. If you want to support them, there are other ways that won't put you in danger.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #563348

You should probably avoid racially charged protests if you're the race that they blame
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563350

even if you dont end up beaten to death in the streets, your picture will be taken by journalists and you'll be posted on their website saying "PROTEST BECOMES VIOLENT AS WHITE SUPREMACIST AGITATOR INFILTRATES PEACEFUL DEMONSTRATION"
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #563352

i havent read the rest of the thread but I will reiterate that there's nothing wrong with burning shit down

death to america
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563354

vegans are a lower lifeform
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #563356

I just wanted to valid antags, but forgot I was Canadian, so nothing happened
Did take this cool ass photo though
https://tgstation13.download/dip/discordimageproxy.php/attachments/ ... 161702.jpg
Seriously though, I was tired of reading stories like this and didn't want that happening in my community.
https://sports.yahoo.com/rioters-destro ... 03655.html
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #563359

Kryson wrote:Absolutely based.

I dunno that massive public demonstrations have accomplished much beyond the increasing militarization of our police forces in the last twenty some-odd years.

I think all the important stuff has transitioned to social media and news media attention. Like, these things blew up on social media and you had multiple lawmakers and politicians already committed to investigating recent cases like Aubery, Breonna, and Floyd before anyone took to the streets. The demonstrations and riots are all kind-of the after-party at this point and I don't know what new developments people are hoping to push for. This venting period just gives law enforcers the casus belli to requisition more military-grade hardware and weird shit like cellphone interceptors, microwave generators, sonic dispersal units, etc.

I dont think the American Protest has worked as a platform for political change since Occupy Wallstreet turned into a complete social media opportunity clusterfuck. I dont know if that is even a "just in the USA" problem or if it's a more global evolution.

I think the world we're living in now, it's much easier to get at people and hold them accountable via twitter-outrage than it is to stomp down the street and suck down a can of tear-gas fired at you by a police officer standing on top of an honest-to-fuck APC in the middle of our own streets.

I don't want to villify protestors or say they're wrong, its our constitutional right to take to the streets and shout about it if we want. God bless 'em. But the times and vehicle for change have, themselves, changed.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #563361

Didn't think there would be marching on Bloor. Haven't heard anything about violence, thankfully.
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #563362

I just think rioters and stuff like that are bait for people to make mistakes and enrage twitter users even more, for example that black CNN reporter that got arrested for a lot of reasons, none of which are, in this critics opinion, very valid

but honestly great view on it Anon i've seen some very uneducated opinions on the matter today so your post was a breath of fresh air
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #563364

Armhulen wrote:I just think rioters and stuff like that are bait for people to make mistakes and enrage twitter users even more, for example that black CNN reporter that got arrested for a lot of reasons, none of which are, in this critics opinion, very valid

but honestly great view on it Anon i've seen some very uneducated opinions on the matter today so your post was a breath of fresh air

It's frustrating as someone who used to go out and march for a lot of things? Trucking down to DC with car full of other teens or twenty-somethings to march for women's reproductive rights or whatever, standing outside my local city hall to show our solidarity with other national movements, etc.

And I want protests to work and I want to believe that everything we did wasn't just for show but looking back on it now I think all of those things were really more for us, the people protesting, to feel like we were part of something bigger and see one another and get a charge so that when it was over we'd go home and keep fighting locally for things. Protests are for the protestors to fill their tanks back up after months of arguing with shitheads back in their own towns and workplaces and are gassed out feeling like it doesn't mean anything.

At the end of the day the people in charge can just watch all this shit on TV and shrug it off. There's no real way to hold people accountable for like "Hey a million of us showed up you HAVE to do this now".
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #563378

Also a line I dont know if anyone has considered

This is all happening while we're still dealing with Covid-19. Some number of these people are going to be picking up and sharing the disease throughout these events, which keep reconvening.

Like days ago they came to the conclusion that the mythical 6ft distance wasnt enough and that you really need like 18? 24? And these masks people are making or the surgeon's ones people commonly wear we've known aren't perfect either.

Things are gonna get even more fucked up before any of this is over.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #563381

are you a bad enough dude to try and take on multiple protesters with one of the worst ranged weapons in modern times???
https://twitter.com/Gingersonfire/statu ... 55104?s=09
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #563382

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
are you a bad enough dude to try and take on multiple protesters with one of the worst ranged weapons in modern times???
COMPLETE MADMAN
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #563384

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
was kinda hoping it'd be a sling
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #563395

Timbrewolf wrote:
  • I participated in protests so I know that people sometimes use them to vent, but this protest shouldn't be happening because they are just 'after-party' venting and that gives law enforcement a cassus belli to arm up.
  • Also, people should carry out their protest over social media groups instead, because the people in charge can simply ignore nationwide media.
  • Physically engaging in the protest, maybe even causing property damage, doesn't help to hold people in charge accountable as they can just shrug it off - use social media instead!
  • If people got together in the millions over social media, then the people, who like to ignore protests with millions of people, cannot ignore the protest of millions of people.
  • Also, carrying out the protests over social media can turn into a worthless clusterfuck, like with occupy wallstreet.
  • Since the advent of social media, people have relied on it more and more to 'blow up' things that would have been overlooked - that means nothing can be overlooked nowadays, so there is no need for a protest!
  • All the previous protests advocating change haven't changed anything, so this protest sparked due to not having changed anything won't change anything either.
  • Also, there is COVID-19 going around, people should be reasonable and pen up their penned up frustration until the pandemic that is causing a lot of frustration is over.
  • I don't want to make generalizing statements, because that's idiotic, but anyone that is vandalizing is just a hooligan and not an actual protester.
  • Also,anyone who doesn't live in the US can't have any understanding of what is going on and should just shut up.
Let me ramble on a lot and make some more contradictory statements, so it doesn't look like I'm just making shit up as for why I think these protests are a bad idea.
bruh
trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #563397

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
Meanwhile in Rust, there's a group of nakeds with hunting bows, and they're VIOLENT!

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #563400

"How does it help you to loot Target?"
Yeah but how does it help you to not loot Target?
Because the only reason you didn't loot Target before is because is you were upholding societ'y's contract. There is no contract if law and people in power don't uphold their end of it.
[youtube]v4amCfVbA_c[/youtube]
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #563401

imagine being american and saying "only americans understand america" like the rest of the world hasn't been watching you roll around in shit for 50 years and hoping to god one of your fat flaps doesn't rest too long on the nuclear button

the lack of self-awareness is staggering.

Oh cool a freedom compilation
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #563403

Timbrewolf wrote: I think the world we're living in now, it's much easier to get at people and hold them accountable via twitter-outrage than it is to stomp down the street and suck down a can of tear-gas fired at you by a police officer standing on top of an honest-to-fuck APC in the middle of our own streets.
I am sorry, but this is one of the most delusional liberal brain take i've ever heard. Online outrage does jack shit, but even then, we can walk and chew gum. The limp dick social media outrage doesn't stop when the riots start.
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #563404

THE PROTESTERS SHOULD BE MORE REASONABLE

[youtube]E7pGHX3_TCE[/youtube]

Can I be outside my house (on my property) after 8 p.m. and before 6 a.m.?

Yes.
https://dps.mn.gov/macc/Pages/faq.aspx

National Guard: "Whatever! Light 'em up!"
https://twitter.com/tkerssen/status/126 ... 85225?s=20

The thread is worth a read... some people are like "DUH! If the military threatens me, I will stay inside. GO MURICA"
lmao US is a fucking dumpster fire
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563411

Stickymayhem wrote:imagine being american and saying "only americans understand america" like the rest of the world hasn't been watching you roll around in shit for 50 years and hoping to god one of your fat flaps doesn't rest too long on the nuclear button

the lack of self-awareness is staggering.

Oh cool a freedom compilation
why dont you go pick up a rope license and hang yourself
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #563413

Actionb wrote:>edits everything I say
>"bruh how could you say these things"
Stickymayhem wrote:more childish vegan screeching
Please tell us how your country solved racism wait you didn't, you haven't
https://graziadaily.co.uk/life/real-life/racism-uk/