Politics Thread: BLM Riots edition

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: Politics Thread: BLM Riots edition

Post by Grazyn » #564688

Bottom post of the previous page:

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Also how comes that when leftist whites try to foster relations with oppressed outcasts and misfits like illegal immigrants, junkies, trans people etc. they're called dumb naive virtue signallers and a threat to society, but being nice to Nazis is suddenly worthy of the peace Nobel prize?
This would probably be because when white leftists try to do this half of the time it's just patronising "poor minorities we know you're too stupid to do anything yourself all us whites need to band together to save you from yourselves" - a lot of the time they aren't "fostering relations" and aren't bothering to understand the people they interact with, instead shoving their own assumptions of who minorities are and what they want.
That's a common argument, when white liberals say "stop being racist" the usual answer is "you're virtue signalling, black people can speak for themselves, stop trying to tell them how they should feel". We see it right here in this forum every time the "racial slurs shouldn't be banned" discussion comes up.

Then when actual black people rise up to say "stop being racist" the answer is *cricket sound* at best or "despite being only 13%" copypasta or even "the Jews are behind it" at worst.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #564689

What is so racist about saying "mass arson and assault is not the best way to fight the militarization of the police"

Also find it rich grazyn that you accuse everyone disagreeing with you of racism after you went on a massive tirade about how much you hate immigrants because "they smell different"
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #564700

Super Aggro Crag wrote:What is so racist about saying "mass arson and assault is not the best way to fight the militarization of the police"

Also find it rich grazyn that you accuse everyone disagreeing with you of racism after you went on a massive tirade about how much you hate immigrants because "they smell different"
Critizing rioters for destroying stuff isn't racist per se, it's more of a way to distract from the issue. Such critics can either be people who do that with malice to discredit the entire movement or useful idiots who actually believe that the problem with riots are the riots themselves and not the reason causing them. "How can you talk about freedom and oppression while you're destroying chests of tea private property?"

And I never said that I hate immigrants because they smell, I said that I know how bad unwashed arses smell because there were a lot of illegal immigrants with no easy access to bidets crowding train stations and public transport.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #564701

No person is illegal, you fascist.
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #564702

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
Actionb wrote:
Holy shit stop.

That entire 'free speech conference' + Davis + Antifa thing:
<SNIP>
lol look at my surface level argumentation skills
So if this video had been made by somebody else, you would have respected it?
Have you actually even watched it?
idgaf about who it was made by. That's besides the point in this case.
The content of it applies to this dumb Davis incident and other "we need to let everyone talk - even racists" events.
XivilaiAnaxes wrote: This would probably (speculation) be because when white leftists try to do this half of the time(just guessing?) it's just patronising "poor minorities we know you're too stupid to do anything yourself(literally racist) all us whites need to band together to save you from yourselves" - a lot of the time(yay more vague guessing) they aren't "fostering relations" and aren't bothering to understand (generalization) the people they interact with, instead shoving their own assumptions of who minorities are and what they want.(projection?)
Apart from your post being worthless drivel - you've listed pretty much all the shit black folks accuse white liberals of doing to thwart progress.

[youtube]T3PaqxblOx0[/youtube]
Doesn't that then mean, white liberals are the problem and not white lefties?
And what would be the alternative for a white person? Not doing anything? :lol:
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #564703

Trump's "hard pitch" is full revocation of Section 230. This would mean all platforms are civilly liable for every single thing posted on them. Every site from Facebook, to Twitter, to 4chan, to the Kiwi Farms would shutter overnight or begin a sort of censorship and whitelisting you can't even imagine.
welp i'm fucked

i guess every other american is as well but still - we're fucked
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #564704

Waaah clicking "view" is hard! It's not something our average propaganda target would bother to do!
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #564705

Grazyn wrote:Waaah clicking "view" is hard! It's not something our average propaganda target would bother to do!
I got that image from a different website, dude. it's not my fault they couldn't bother to click a button.

edit: also it's that "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" tweet or whatever.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #564706

Weird that twitter blocks only certain colors of people from saying "violent" stuff

Almost as if their policy is racially discriminatory...
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #564708

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
Trump's "hard pitch" is full revocation of Section 230. This would mean all platforms are civilly liable for every single thing posted on them. Every site from Facebook, to Twitter, to 4chan, to the Kiwi Farms would shutter overnight or begin a sort of censorship and whitelisting you can't even imagine.
This would backfire on Trump. As somebody with millions of followers, his tweets will be the first when it comes to checking/flagging.
Biden also wants to revoke it: https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/17/2107 ... act-revoke
Regulations haven't stopped other media outlets from spewing false information either, so all in all this feels like just a smoke bomb.

It's almost as if humanity ran face first into the possibilities of the information age and now needs to figure out how to keep the lid on.
Last edited by Actionb on Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #564709

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Waaah clicking "view" is hard! It's not something our average propaganda target would bother to do!
I got that image from a different website, dude. it's not my fault they couldn't bother to click a button.

edit: also it's that "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" tweet or whatever.
Yeah I know. But they're literally crying censorship over a "click to view" button. Which is already a way for Twitter to say "this tweet is against our ToS and we will ban you if you do it but he is the president of the USA so he gets a pass"
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #564711

Actionb wrote:So if this video had been made by somebody else, you would have respected it?
Have you actually even watched it?
idgaf about who it was made by. That's besides the point in this case.
The content of it applies to this dumb Davis incident and other "we need to let everyone talk - even racists" events.
Okay see let me stop you here. Collegehumor is a site that uses very low level humour that isn't of any particular quality (which isn't an awful thing by itself since there are times when you just want something basic).

Why is this important? It's like if you posted a video of donald trump speaking and used his words as evidence for anything unrelated to "look at what donald said" - he's an idiot and very rarely makes a point worth taking seriously. The same applies with Collegehumor.

Now because the idea of worthwhile sources is something new to you, I'll actually explain why this video is garbage because I actually did watch a few minutes of it despite already knowing how it would go - the video never actually makes a point. The video goes "haha man have poo how ludicrous" implying that this is a relevant link to "wow you have THAT opinion? nope dont need to discuss obviously you're wrong". See the video never actually makes this link - it's a joke (and not a very good one mind you) that only works if you already agreed with the writer and as a result, actually making a point is beyond the scope of the video.
Actionb wrote:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote: This would probably (speculation) be because when white leftists try to do this half of the time(just guessing?) it's just patronising "poor minorities we know you're too stupid to do anything yourself(literally racist) all us whites need to band together to save you from yourselves" - a lot of the time(yay more vague guessing) they aren't "fostering relations" and aren't bothering to understand (generalization) the people they interact with, instead shoving their own assumptions of who minorities are and what they want.(projection?)
Apart from your post being worthless drivel - you've listed pretty much all the shit black folks accuse white liberals of doing to thwart progress.

[youtube]<snip>[/youtube]
Doesn't that then mean, white liberals are the problem and not white lefties?
And what would be the alternative for a white person? Not doing anything? :lol:
I just want to point out that you literally did nothing but agree with me, but good job finding some way to get annoyed with it - this is why I consider you Americans retarded from birth until proven otherwise. Also congrats on being too brain-dead to understand that the sentence in quotation marks was meant to be racist because that's the whole point of why nobody respects white lefties when they try to "solve" racism by implying that the people they need to "save" are subhuman.
Last edited by XivilaiAnaxes on Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #564712

I'm too angry so I'm gonna chill out and try to be nicer to grazyn.

Grazyn i haven't heard much on the news about the Italian recovery effort from Chinese Coronavirus, how are things in the Boot of Europe?
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #564714

Okay get this: a man drives a car into the crowd, shoots a guy, runs around the protestors with a loaded weapon with an extended magazine and then... the police just casually arrests him.

After that, it's tear gas galore again.
https://twitter.com/hashtag/seattleprot ... htag_click
What the shit.
Last edited by Actionb on Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #564715

Super Aggro Crag wrote:I'm too angry so I'm gonna chill out and try to be nicer to grazyn.

Grazyn i haven't heard much on the news about the Italian recovery effort from Chinese Coronavirus, how are things in the Boot of Europe?
Looks like it's over, lockdown has been lifted 2 weeks ago (except for cinemas and theaters which will reopen next week), some restrictions remain (like mandatory masks in stores, social distancing etc.) and we're down to 200 new cases/day
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #564716

Actionb wrote:Okay get this: a man drives a car into the crowd, shoots a guy, runs around the protestors with a loaded weapon with an extended magazine and then... the police just casually arrests him.

After that, it's tear gas galore again.
https://twitter.com/hashtag/seattleprot ... htag_click
What the shit.
Crowd attacks latino man in vehicle, man attempts to punch and drag man out of his car so he can be murdered by an angry mob, latino man defends himself and surrenders to police.
Grazyn wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:I'm too angry so I'm gonna chill out and try to be nicer to grazyn.

Looks like it's over, lockdown has been lifted 2 weeks ago (except for cinemas and theaters which will reopen next week), some restrictions remain (like mandatory masks in stores, social distancing etc.) and we're down to 200 new cases/day
Nice!
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #564717

XivilaiAnaxes wrote: Now because the idea of worthwhile sources is something new to you, I'll actually explain why this video is garbage because I actually did watch a few minutes of it despite already knowing how it would go - the video never actually makes a point. The video goes "haha man have poo how ludicrous" implying that this is a relevant link to "wow you have THAT opinion? nope dont need to discuss obviously you're wrong". See the video never actually makes this link - it's a joke (and not a very good one mind you) that only works if you already agreed with the writer and as a result, actually making a point is beyond the scope of the video.
Do you actually think the obvious red herring poo joke was the goal of that video? Yikes.

Let me spell it out for you:
- poo: racist ideas
- dude holding the poo: the event/this KKK befriender Davis guy - providing a platform or 'qualifying/relativizing' the severity of racist ideas
- the outraged people: "~~Antifa~~" (it was mostly just democracts, other leftists and No-Hate groups that complained about the event)
- guy getting poop shoved into his mouth: one of those "centrists" that think it's valid to apply free speech to racists, etc.
- guy getting poop smeared on his face: a victim of racist ideas being allowed to persist unchecked

XivilaiAnaxes wrote: I just want to point out that you literally did nothing but agree with me, but good job finding some way to get annoyed with it - this is why I consider you Americans retarded from birth until proven otherwise. Also congrats on being too brain-dead to understand that the sentence in quotation marks was meant to be racist because that's the whole point of why nobody respects white lefties when they try to "solve" racism by implying that the people they need to "save" are subhuman.
You: white leftists are fake and don't help
Me: you (deliberately?) ascribed white liberals stuff to white leftists - that's not a valid argument against white leftists
You: "You've just agreed with me."

Also thanks for not going into what you think would be the alternative of white leftists not trying.
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:this is why I consider you Americans retarded from birth until proven otherwise
So, uh, I'm not American.
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #564718

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Crowd attacks latino man in vehicle, man attempts to punch and drag man out of his car so he can be murdered by an angry mob, latino man defends himself and surrenders to police.
If you could also explain why he was driving into the crowd armed with a gun with a jungle style extended magazine, I'm all with you.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #564721

Actionb wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Crowd attacks latino man in vehicle, man attempts to punch and drag man out of his car so he can be murdered by an angry mob, latino man defends himself and surrenders to police.
If you could also explain why he was driving into the crowd armed with a gun with a jungle style extended magazine, I'm all with you.
He had places to be and the news, for the past two weeks, have been talking about violent gangs of criminals patrolling the streets committing assaults and arson, and that the police are ordered not to do anything about it.
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #564726

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
Actionb wrote:
He had places to be and the news, for the past two weeks, have been talking about violent gangs of criminals patrolling the streets committing assaults and arson, and that the police are ordered not to do anything about it.
You're right. There was no way around that protest. American street layout is always so linear: https://www.google.com/maps/place/E+Pin ... 22.3185826
And let's be honest here. Who doesn't hold a Glock with 45 rounds while driving? It's so useful should you get stuck in a crowd of people that completely ignore you after you shot a dude and left your car to walk straight into the arms of the police whose position relative to the crowd you simply happen to guess correctly and who then casually arrest you, although you have a firearm in your hoodie's front pocket.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #564727

You cant scream YOU CANT TRUST THE POLICE TO PROTECT YOU THEY'RE ONLY THERE TO KILL MINORITIES and then scream NOOOO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO DEFEND YOURSELF!
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #564728

Super Aggro Crag wrote:You cant scream YOU CANT TRUST THE POLICE TO PROTECT YOU THEY'RE ONLY THERE TO KILL MINORITIES and then scream NOOOO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO DEFEND YOURSELF!
Self defense does not apply if you are the aggressor. :roll:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #564729

The man was having shit thrown at his car and someone was punching him and attempting to drag him out of his vehicle into an angry mob. You said you were all with me if I could provide a reason why he had a gun, i did, and you immediately move the goalpost. You're not arguing in good faith. This is the future that the movement has chosen with the abolishment of police forces, enjoy ha5vinf a huge uptick in gun violence once people realize that they can only rely on themselves for protection and there's no cops to arrest them for plugging someone trying to rob them cuz dey was a good boy jus' trying to get money for college tuition
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #564730

Super Aggro Crag wrote:The man was having shit thrown at his car and someone was punching him and attempting to drag him out of his vehicle into an angry mob. You said you were all with me if I could provide a reason why he had a gun, i did, and you immediately move the goalpost. You're not arguing in good faith. This is the future that the movement has chosen with the abolishment of police forces, enjoy ha5vinf a huge uptick in gun violence once people realize that they can only rely on themselves for protection and there's no cops to arrest them for plugging someone trying to rob them cuz dey was a good boy jus' trying to get money for college tuition
That guy was trying to stop him from driving further into the crowd:
https://twitter.com/skboz/status/1269882404845449218

You were the one that raised the "right to defend myself" point, to which I replied, and then you are hyperbolically suggesting that all this stuff would result in complete wild west anarchy, which isn't the goal of the protests and doesn't apply in this particular case anyway... so who's moving goalposts here?

Also, in case you haven't noticed - I never agreed with you at all, the reasons you are giving are shit.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #564731

The guy started driving further into the crowd because he was accelerating attempting to get the man attempting to drag him out of his car off him. Maybe if he wasn't attacked, he could have backed out and went down a different road.

The "goal" of the protests doesn't fucking matter compared to the end result, and the end result they are pushing for is the abolishment of prisons and police, which would result in a lot more cowboy time.
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #564732

Super Aggro Crag wrote:The guy started driving further into the crowd because he was accelerating attempting to get the man attempting to drag him out of his car off him. Maybe if he wasn't attacked, he could have backed out and went down a different road.

The "goal" of the protests doesn't fucking matter compared to the end result, and the end result they are pushing for is the abolishment of prisons and police, which would result in a lot more cowboy time.
Why would he go down that road unless he wanted to pass through the crowd? This wouldn't be the first incident of a car driving into protestors (or police), so unless he's a colossal idiot, he must have expected such a reaction and therefore must have done this deliberately.

I'm going to ignore the point about abolishment, because it's too much of a stretch to turn it into a justification of the shooter's actions... which is what we are trying to discuss here.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #564733

As i said, he had some place to be. This isnt a country where you need papers from the local Committee to justify being on the road (yet). Maybe he didnt know what street the protests were happening on. Maybe he made a wrong turn. Maybe he's just not a smart guy. As far as I can see it, he was attacked, mobbed, and defended himself.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #564734

deplatform the crag
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #564738

Shut up, bottom.
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #564740

Super Aggro Crag wrote:As i said, he had some place to be. This isnt a country where you need papers from the local Committee to justify being on the road (yet). Maybe he didnt know what street the protests were happening on. Maybe he made a wrong turn. Maybe he's just not a smart guy. As far as I can see it, he was attacked, mobbed, and defended himself.
crag_is_a_moron.png
https://www.google.com/maps/place/E+Pin ... 22.3185826
Also maybe he should fit a horn to his car.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #564741

Well in recent history there have been 0 helpless drivers forcefully taken from their cars and beaten to death by angry protesters but at least 1 helpless protester run over and killed by an angry driver, so I guess the protesters should be the ones carrying guns for self defense against drivers
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #564743

This conversation is so galaxy-brained it hurts
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #564746

Grazyn wrote:Well in recent history there have been 0 helpless drivers forcefully taken from their cars and beaten to death by angry protesters but at least 1 helpless protester run over and killed by an angry driver, so I guess the protesters should be the ones carrying guns for self defense against drivers
Depends on how recently you want to go back. A guy stopped during the Rodney King riots because he didnt want to hit any protestors and they repaid him by dragging him from the car and stomping on him over and over.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #564750

Last edited by Jack7D1 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #564754

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Well in recent history there have been 0 helpless drivers forcefully taken from their cars and beaten to death by angry protesters but at least 1 helpless protester run over and killed by an angry driver, so I guess the protesters should be the ones carrying guns for self defense against drivers
Depends on how recently you want to go back. A guy stopped during the Rodney King riots because he didnt want to hit any protestors and they repaid him by dragging him from the car and stomping on him over and over.
Today's protesters weren't even born back then, it's safe to assume they are acting based on their own experience
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #564755

XSI wrote:The only way economic damage would cause those in power to change things would be if it hit those in power
So shut down the stock exchanges and lay siege to the rich' enclaves. Assault the banks/pillars of the financial system and block airfields for international travel(Not freight, that's food and supplies) so that they can not go somewhere else until it all blows over

But that's not happening, now is it? Just some independent stores being destroyed along with insured chain stores being looted. The damage to those in power remains minimal, and many of them at this point stand to profit off
That alone should tell you that those who riot in this case are not looking for change. There may be protestors who honestly believe in some cause, but they won't get it either with present situations
The ideal way to stop the virtue signalling corporations, is to target tech support. Create tickets with tech support at Activision, but without using any key words that could be filtered, like vaguely talking about a glitch where there's a black screen whenever you open the game now that won't go away.
That's the only way to target corporations in a way that will hurt them, by making them unable to function.
Companies are beholden to BLM and the activists at this point, as there's no cost to pandering, and it might stop the activists from attacking them. The only way to make them stop is making it so expensive to virtue signal they don't do it.
That's how you do non-violent protest
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #564758

Stickymayhem wrote:Debate is worthless because you fascists don't follow the same rules.

The point of THE MARKETPLACE OF IDEAS is that ideas are theoretically engaged with in rigorous debate, but fascists dont give a fuck about that. You're there to dog-whistle to anyone watching and give them just enough of a reason to justify their hatred for the people you want to oppress.
I have a problem with the concept "Dog Whistle", as by definition it's a straw man.
You are saying that "That's not really what they're saying. They're *acthually* saying this", and then attack whatever words you just put into their mouth.
"Dog-whistles" are bullshit. If you have a problem with what someone is saying, dismantle their argument, not a strawman of what they're "actually" saying
Actionb wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:You cant scream YOU CANT TRUST THE POLICE TO PROTECT YOU THEY'RE ONLY THERE TO KILL MINORITIES and then scream NOOOO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO DEFEND YOURSELF!
Self defense does not apply if you are the aggressor. :roll:
Driving down the street to work, or to the grocery store, or even to get your nails done, is not making you the aggressor. He was driving to wherever his destination was, they were attacking him.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #564777

Helios wrote: Driving down the street to work, or to the grocery store, or even to get your nails done, is not making you the aggressor. He was driving to wherever his destination was, they were attacking him.
he was literally a leader of the KKK

You dumb fascists
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #564778

Actionb wrote:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote: Now because the idea of worthwhile sources is something new to you, I'll actually explain why this video is garbage because I actually did watch a few minutes of it despite already knowing how it would go - the video never actually makes a point. The video goes "haha man have poo how ludicrous" implying that this is a relevant link to "wow you have THAT opinion? nope dont need to discuss obviously you're wrong". See the video never actually makes this link - it's a joke (and not a very good one mind you) that only works if you already agreed with the writer and as a result, actually making a point is beyond the scope of the video.
Do you actually think the obvious red herring poo joke was the goal of that video? Yikes.

Let me spell it out for you:
- poo: racist ideas
- dude holding the poo: the event/this KKK befriender Davis guy - providing a platform or 'qualifying/relativizing' the severity of racist ideas
- the outraged people: "~~Antifa~~" (it was mostly just democracts, other leftists and No-Hate groups that complained about the event)
- guy getting poop shoved into his mouth: one of those "centrists" that think it's valid to apply free speech to racists, etc.
- guy getting poop smeared on his face: a victim of racist ideas being allowed to persist unchecked
Ugh. Again - the video doesn't make any of this as a point. The video just says "look poo" and implies it's a valid critique of reality. Nowhere does it justify any of it. The video assumes you already believe it to make a joke. It doesn't do anything if you aren't already of the opinion the writer expects you to believe. That's why the video is junk - it's just a poo joke that only works if you already believe the implied subtext. It never makes an argument - that "red herring poo joke" is literally all it offers.

Again - don't use collegehumor as a source, it's not even pretending to be one. I'd actually respect Huffington Post more and it feels dirty typing that.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #564779

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
Wasn't there a guy in a (empty) tanker that got dragged out and beaten/robbed by half the mob after he turned a bend on the road they closed behind him 3 hours ahead of schedule and had difficulty breaking?
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #564782

Helios wrote: I have a problem with the concept "Dog Whistle", as by definition it's a straw man.
You are saying that "That's not really what they're saying. They're *acthually* saying this", and then attack whatever words you just put into their mouth.
"Dog-whistles" are bullshit. If you have a problem with what someone is saying, dismantle their argument, not a strawman of what they're "actually" saying
I'm not attacking their words. Fascists are incapable of being disproven, because ultimately your beliefs aren't based on anything real. Pretending words only mean what they mean is an easy get out of jail free card.

Fascists walk around saying weird shit like white genocide, or globalist conspiracy, and they say it over and over, and you can't debunk it because it doesn't mean anything real, the "studies" are easily debunked but they're not there for any reason except to signpost to susceptible people that their privately-held beliefs are valid and being enforced.

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if you're fucking anti-vax or flat-earth because you're a hopeless fucking cretin, but you see those people changing beliefs based on shit being debunked? No. The "ENLIGHTENED FREE MARKETPLACE OF IDEAS" just ended up conveying unchecked factless bullshit to people that wanted to believe it and now they do. The same happens with white supremacists.

Of course you're going to say it's not the same exactly how a flat earther would complain that I used them as an example of a dentheaded moron, but whatever.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #564783

you talk a lot of shit about science for someone who denies that human beings evolved to consume animal protein
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #564786

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you talk a lot of shit about science for someone who denies that human beings evolved to consume animal protein
:honk: :ugeek:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #564787

Dog-whistling is an outdated concept anyway. Maybe it was true when political correctness was a thing, certainly not now that whoever says the most outrageous thing gets more votes. And let's not pretend the left doesn't do it as well, "defund the police" is just dog whistle for the "dismantle the police" crowd.
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #564789

lol the glock guy is an absolute chad. shouldnt try to pull people from their car and u wont get shot
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #564790

Qustinnus wrote:lol the glock guy is an absolute chad. shouldnt try to pull people from their car and u wont get shot
A Kkk leader is a chad?

Well you were obvious but thanks for spelling it out for the dummies
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #564791

Should he have said "ah well I am a bad man I should let people pull me out of the car and murk me"?

A stopped clock is right 2 times a day.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #564794

Actionb wrote:Some good protest songs are definitely missing these years.
But meanwhile...

(why is it always the trained soldiers that aren't total dipshits while the police is busy pushing 75-year-olds)
spotted it
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #564796

oranges wrote:
Actionb wrote:Some good protest songs are definitely missing these years.
But meanwhile...

(why is it always the trained soldiers that aren't total dipshits while the police is busy pushing 75-year-olds)
spotted it
Police Academy Training
A high school diploma/GED and police officer training are enough to apply for jobs in many law enforcement agencies. Think of the police academy as police officer school. The standard program is 840 hours, or 21 weeks, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics.

^ hilarious
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #564832

I'm not over the fact that everyone defending the cops in tg is thread is also a Kkk sympathiser like they made my job here so fucking easy it's unreal
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #564833

Also an unarmed black man tackled the shooter and stopped him continuing to open up on the fucking crowd of protestors getting shot in the process

That's a fucking chad