what's my line -- a very cool tv show

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

what's my line -- a very cool tv show

Post by bobbahbrown » #563480

hello,

i am here to present you with the classic tv show 'what's my line', which aired from the 50's to the end of the 60's, and features a lot of historical figures from the 1900's in a casual setting which is pretty cool

the show itself is a panel game show where the panel is trying to guess the profession of the guest, or in the case of more famous people they try to guess who the person is

there is a group of people who work together and pool resources to collect episodes of the show and digitize them, putting them online for free, and they can all be seen on this youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/WhatsMyLineCBS

feel free to post general comments about the show in this thread or neat episodes that you find or whatever, i think this show is really fascinating in that you get a really cool view into the life of different people in the 50s/60s and also get to see some people who are very historically significant yet who are, to me, more or less a 'face' and not really a person

some notable episodes to start, the links are timestamped to the relevant portion of the show:
- (1953) ronald reagan the actor, before he was president he was a well-known actor! this was about 30 years before he was president
- (1956) walt disney
- (1966) frank sinatra
- (1954) debbie reynolds (carrie fisher's mom)
- (1963) betty white and allen ludden
- (1951) fleet admiral william halsey who had, not a decade before, been leading south pacific command and the third fleet in ww2 -- the surrender of Japan was signed on his flagship, the USS missouri
- (1963) colonel sanders of KFC, note that in this episode the panel doesn't have blindfolds as he wasn't generally recognized at this time

the episodes with groucho marx are very funny...

aside from those one of the things that kind of vibes with me is the fact that "out of doors" was still a way to say outdoors when this show was airing
Last edited by bobbahbrown on Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Blurbo
Byond Username: Blurbo

Re: what's my line -- a very cool tv show

Post by Blurbo » #563481

thank you bee man
Blurbo
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: what's my line -- a very cool tv show

Post by wesoda25 » #563482

I watched the reagan one and the colonel sanders one, it was pretty cool. ty ?
[this space reserved]