fetus1 Enut

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.

Moderator: testing123

User avatar
Omni
 
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:34 pm
Byond Username: Omni44

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby Omni » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:01 am #570568

No, I wasn't. I just remember some people being older than ssethtide from legends/ vague recollection of them being more experienced when I started/forums. Sorry that I forgot about you chief, not intenional.
This is really besides the point I was trying to make, honestly.
Image



User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby oranges » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:04 am #570587

don't chat shit newfag

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby Armhulen » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:07 am #570588

Yeah, I get to be confidently wrong because I've been wrong for years. You, new fry, should stick to being wrong as a joke so you can back down on anything you say.
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

User avatar
Sheodir
 
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 2:44 pm
Byond Username: Sheodir

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby Sheodir » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:14 am #570591

Player should not be encouraged for going out of their way to ruin someone's round. Banning them is too much, yeah, but I'd warn someone or maybe even add a note if they literally went to ruin someone's round for no fucking reason. It's literally in the rules. The rules do not mention anything about RESOLVE PEOPLE RUINING YOUR ROUND FOR NO REASON ICLY, it says to not DO THAT. This is a bad admin decision and a bad look for mins that have otherwise been pretty reasonable, and really feels like staff covering for their OOC buddies rather than their actual opinions.

My two cents.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.

User avatar
cedarbridge
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby cedarbridge » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:19 am #570602

Sheodir wrote:Player should not be encouraged for going out of their way to ruin someone's round. Banning them is too much, yeah, but I'd warn someone or maybe even add a note if they literally went to ruin someone's round for no fucking reason. It's literally in the rules. The rules do not mention anything about RESOLVE PEOPLE RUINING YOUR ROUND FOR NO REASON ICLY, it says to not DO THAT. This is a bad admin decision and a bad look for mins that have otherwise been pretty reasonable, and really feels like staff covering for their OOC buddies rather than their actual opinions.

My two cents.

It's really not asking too much for an admin to poke in and say "Hey, that thing you're doing there is shitty and you're being an asshole. Stop."

The upshot is when they say "nuhuh I'm gonna do it anyway" and then you permaban them from everything.

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby Cobby » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:31 am #570604

no party in this situation is my friend here and im the one who told the OP they should make the complaint if they feel wronged so hopefully we can have a conversation that extends beyond people assuming bad faith discussion and having that mindset going forward despite it being a running theme in this peanut gallery dissection.

the rules dont say a lot of things so we have to work off of the principle of the rule, on top of the understanding that sometimes conflict is a healthy aspect for the game and admins have to navigate that fine line in the sand. If it was so easy to come to the conclusion the AI was a shitler byond rule 1 permissibility, lets assume they knowingly continued to mess with the librarian despite knowing it was trashed earlier and that the minecraft gimmick they were trying to run was entirely bad faith, I don't see why you dont make it clear as day by just letting them know you have a problem with what they're doing and you'd like them to stop so they either continue or stop that way you are 100% sure they're being shit.

I'm not sure why it's ok to assume bad intent without even bothering to say (op) has an issue with it but it's a super hot take to assume that maybe we dont have the full story of what the AI's intents/reasonings were (beyond the post-round OOC trash talk which i'd take about as seriously as peanut posts) and maybe we shouldnt immediately assume maliciousness just because third parties grieffed the user similarly earlier.

Even a third party who was actually present during the round as a player said he thought op was just doing some gimmick. I dont think it would be a stretch for the AI to think similarly.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby Armhulen » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:49 am #570605

Cobby wrote:no party in this situation is my friend here and im the one who told the OP they should make the complaint if they feel wronged so hopefully we can have a conversation that extends beyond people assuming bad faith discussion and having that mindset going forward despite it being a running theme in this peanut gallery dissection.

the rules dont say a lot of things so we have to work off of the principle of the rule, on top of the understanding that sometimes conflict is a healthy aspect for the game and admins have to navigate that fine line in the sand. If it was so easy to come to the conclusion the AI was a shitler byond rule 1 permissibility, lets assume they knowingly continued to mess with the librarian despite knowing it was trashed earlier and that the minecraft gimmick they were trying to run was entirely bad faith, I don't see why you dont make it clear as day by just letting them know you have a problem with what they're doing and you'd like them to stop so they either continue or stop that way you are 100% sure they're being shit.

I'm not sure why it's ok to assume bad intent without even bothering to say (op) has an issue with it but it's a super hot take to assume that maybe we dont have the full story of what the AI's intents/reasonings were (beyond the post-round OOC trash talk which i'd take about as seriously as peanut posts) and maybe we shouldnt immediately assume maliciousness just because third parties grieffed the user similarly earlier.

Even a third party who was actually present during the round as a player said he thought op was just doing some gimmick. I dont think it would be a stretch for the AI to think similarly.

didn't read virgin LOL LMAO LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

User avatar
Omni
 
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:34 pm
Byond Username: Omni44

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby Omni » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:16 am #570611

I want to issue a public apology to everyone involved in this threat for using the o** word in whatever context I thought there was. It was huge blunder on my side and I will do all within my power not to do this again.
I want to say sorry for wasting your time with me and wish you a good day, and to people involved in complaint itself quick and just resolution of the matter, and better luck with roleplay endeavours in the future, whether on Terry or someplace else.
Stay hydrated.
Image

User avatar
BONERMASTER
 
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby BONERMASTER » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:46 am #570613

If you feel, more or less, guilty about what you did, then I will mostly forgive you, and our happiness is most definitely increased, for the most part.
Twottle_Birb wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image


Spoiler:
Remember the Takov.

User avatar
Timonk
 
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm
Location: ur mum
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby Timonk » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:47 am #570614

ill fucking behead you newfriend, call me old 1(one) more time!!
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel


Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.




The hut has perished at my hands.
Image



The pink arrow is always right.

User avatar
Sheodir
 
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 2:44 pm
Byond Username: Sheodir

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby Sheodir » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:44 am #570617

Cobby wrote:snip because massive


I'll bite.

You are again missing the point entirely. Whether or not the player accurately communicated he wanted them to stop or not is largely irrelevant - it was clear from what he was saying that it was unwelcome if nothing else, and as the OOC logs have shown, the AI player was entirely aware he was ruining someone else's work. Further, whilst you're correct that we don't know the AI player's exact intentions, that is literally one of the complaints of the ahelp - there was no attempt from the admin to get a reason from the other player, the complaint owner was just told it was fine because 'IC' issue.

None of these arguments address the fact that the AI player broke a rule to the absolute letter. Ahelping the moment a rule is distinctly broken isn't an issue, even if it's on quickfire. I get that some people might be trying to just discourage a complete lack of IC conflict and resolution, but the AI player had nothing to gain, hadn't been asked to do this, and offered no IC justification other than 'fuck this guy in particular'. Specially confused at seeing some Manuel mains that I know invest time into huge autism projects defend the admin's point of view - I know for sure if the AI started dissassembling their projects to 'play Minecraft' this complaint would be going really differently.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.

User avatar
IkeTG
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:03 am
Location: Here, Now
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby IkeTG » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:00 am #570662

honestly the AI player should have been banned for being an AI player

User avatar
SkeletalElite
 
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:14 pm
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby SkeletalElite » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:17 am #570680

the solution to the problem is to be human or carry a flash. You can print them in ghetto maint robotics.

User avatar
Timonk
 
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm
Location: ur mum
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby Timonk » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:03 am #570684

Imagine having to be forced to stop being a dick by a human
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel


Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.




The hut has perished at my hands.
Image



The pink arrow is always right.

User avatar
Tarchonvaagh
 
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 9:30 pm
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby Tarchonvaagh » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:54 pm #570916

Wow we joined on the same day now isn't that something!
"You cannot defeat what lives on in the heart, and soul, of every TG player" - Birdboat
Image
Image
Leave thought-provoking posts at my thread!

User avatar
Timonk
 
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm
Location: ur mum
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby Timonk » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:18 pm #570920

no we didnt
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel


Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.




The hut has perished at my hands.
Image



The pink arrow is always right.

User avatar
Tarchonvaagh
 
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 9:30 pm
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby Tarchonvaagh » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:35 am #570954

Timonk wrote:no we didnt

Not you
"You cannot defeat what lives on in the heart, and soul, of every TG player" - Birdboat
Image
Image
Leave thought-provoking posts at my thread!

User avatar
Flatulent
 
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:36 am
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby Flatulent » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:50 am #570956

oranges wrote:also why the fuck is terry overrun with hippie tier players? i tell you what the rot in that server comes from the admins who hang out there if you ask me.

rich coming from you, you don’t hang out in any server lmao
bindy liberation front
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries

cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post

cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.

Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.

User avatar
Flatulent
 
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:36 am
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby Flatulent » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:55 am #570958

Omni wrote:No, I wasn't. I just remember some people being older than ssethtide from legends/ vague recollection of them being more experienced when I started/forums. Sorry that I forgot about you chief, not intenional.
This is really besides the point I was trying to make, honestly.

cringe
bindy liberation front
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries

cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post

cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.

Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby oranges » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:30 am #570962

Flatulent wrote:
oranges wrote:also why the fuck is terry overrun with hippie tier players? i tell you what the rot in that server comes from the admins who hang out there if you ask me.

rich coming from you, you don’t hang out in any server lmao

I hang out in your mums house instead lmao

User avatar
Timonk
 
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm
Location: ur mum
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby Timonk » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:05 am #570968

Lmao
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel


Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.




The hut has perished at my hands.
Image



The pink arrow is always right.

User avatar
Omni
 
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:34 pm
Byond Username: Omni44

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby Omni » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:00 am #570972

Flatulent wrote:
oranges wrote:also why the fuck is terry overrun with hippie tier players? i tell you what the rot in that server comes from the admins who hang out there if you ask me.

rich coming from you, you don’t hang out in any server lmao

Codejannies hate gamers. Codemonky puts a lot of thought and their free time into their PR, and thinks it works fine and balanced, only to see Edgar Pope spin around the hallways perpetually with (old) new carp while 50 people try to kill him at once with all means possible. You'd be upset too.
Image

User avatar
Agux909
 
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:26 pm
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby Agux909 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:09 pm #572083

Seems like negligence towards shitty AI players is becoming a trend.
You stole the item he cannot renew while your arts n crafts are theoretically unlimited, is it that hard to understand?

User avatar
trollbreeder
 
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:22 am
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby trollbreeder » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:19 am #572940

Welp.
Image
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Tlaltecuhtli
 
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:16 am
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby Tlaltecuhtli » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:58 am #572943

liberalibrarian btfo

User avatar
Agux909
 
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:26 pm
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: fetus1 Enut

Postby Agux909 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:14 pm #572987

Both Fatal complaints rejected. Both regarding negligence towards AI players being dicks/degrading the experience of other players FNR. Going for the third strike?

Also, ruling present in the second Fatal complaint now is officially a (headmin approved) double standard of the ruling for the ban appeal by the new borg player who didn't get this "leeway" given to them (with no headmin overrule before expiration)

Talking about this one https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27292

I will post my thoughts in my policy thread once I get the chance to sit on my pc this weekend. I'd recommend and really appreciate for any of you guys who care enough about the subject to post your opinions and thoughts there to ideally help defining a more tangible guideline for admins to use when handling these kind of situations, so we don't get such weird and arbitrary disparity in future rulings:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=27296
You stole the item he cannot renew while your arts n crafts are theoretically unlimited, is it that hard to understand?

Previous

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lumbermancer