fetus1 Enut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

fetus1 Enut

Post by Timonk » #570424

Bottom post of the previous page:

stupid ai player that should be sent to cool off, im on morgans side. there was no reason to deconstruct the library exept to trigger the curator which is covered under rule 1 as "dont be an asshole"
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk

Re: fetus1 Enut

Post by Timonk » #570566

Omni looks like you weren't active either before ssethtide
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Omni
Byond Username: Omni44

Post by Omni » #570568

No, I wasn't. I just remember some people being older than ssethtide from legends/ vague recollection of them being more experienced when I started/forums. Sorry that I forgot about you chief, not intenional.
This is really besides the point I was trying to make, honestly.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #570587

don't chat shit newfag
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #570588

Yeah, I get to be confidently wrong because I've been wrong for years. You, new fry, should stick to being wrong as a joke so you can back down on anything you say.
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #570591

Player should not be encouraged for going out of their way to ruin someone's round. Banning them is too much, yeah, but I'd warn someone or maybe even add a note if they literally went to ruin someone's round for no fucking reason. It's literally in the rules. The rules do not mention anything about RESOLVE PEOPLE RUINING YOUR ROUND FOR NO REASON ICLY, it says to not DO THAT. This is a bad admin decision and a bad look for mins that have otherwise been pretty reasonable, and really feels like staff covering for their OOC buddies rather than their actual opinions.

My two cents.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #570602

Sheodir wrote:Player should not be encouraged for going out of their way to ruin someone's round. Banning them is too much, yeah, but I'd warn someone or maybe even add a note if they literally went to ruin someone's round for no fucking reason. It's literally in the rules. The rules do not mention anything about RESOLVE PEOPLE RUINING YOUR ROUND FOR NO REASON ICLY, it says to not DO THAT. This is a bad admin decision and a bad look for mins that have otherwise been pretty reasonable, and really feels like staff covering for their OOC buddies rather than their actual opinions.

My two cents.
It's really not asking too much for an admin to poke in and say "Hey, that thing you're doing there is shitty and you're being an asshole. Stop."

The upshot is when they say "nuhuh I'm gonna do it anyway" and then you permaban them from everything.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #570604

no party in this situation is my friend here and im the one who told the OP they should make the complaint if they feel wronged so hopefully we can have a conversation that extends beyond people assuming bad faith discussion and having that mindset going forward despite it being a running theme in this peanut gallery dissection.

the rules dont say a lot of things so we have to work off of the principle of the rule, on top of the understanding that sometimes conflict is a healthy aspect for the game and admins have to navigate that fine line in the sand. If it was so easy to come to the conclusion the AI was a shitler byond rule 1 permissibility, lets assume they knowingly continued to mess with the librarian despite knowing it was trashed earlier and that the minecraft gimmick they were trying to run was entirely bad faith, I don't see why you dont make it clear as day by just letting them know you have a problem with what they're doing and you'd like them to stop so they either continue or stop that way you are 100% sure they're being shit.

I'm not sure why it's ok to assume bad intent without even bothering to say (op) has an issue with it but it's a super hot take to assume that maybe we dont have the full story of what the AI's intents/reasonings were (beyond the post-round OOC trash talk which i'd take about as seriously as peanut posts) and maybe we shouldnt immediately assume maliciousness just because third parties grieffed the user similarly earlier.

Even a third party who was actually present during the round as a player said he thought op was just doing some gimmick. I dont think it would be a stretch for the AI to think similarly.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #570605

Cobby wrote:no party in this situation is my friend here and im the one who told the OP they should make the complaint if they feel wronged so hopefully we can have a conversation that extends beyond people assuming bad faith discussion and having that mindset going forward despite it being a running theme in this peanut gallery dissection.

the rules dont say a lot of things so we have to work off of the principle of the rule, on top of the understanding that sometimes conflict is a healthy aspect for the game and admins have to navigate that fine line in the sand. If it was so easy to come to the conclusion the AI was a shitler byond rule 1 permissibility, lets assume they knowingly continued to mess with the librarian despite knowing it was trashed earlier and that the minecraft gimmick they were trying to run was entirely bad faith, I don't see why you dont make it clear as day by just letting them know you have a problem with what they're doing and you'd like them to stop so they either continue or stop that way you are 100% sure they're being shit.

I'm not sure why it's ok to assume bad intent without even bothering to say (op) has an issue with it but it's a super hot take to assume that maybe we dont have the full story of what the AI's intents/reasonings were (beyond the post-round OOC trash talk which i'd take about as seriously as peanut posts) and maybe we shouldnt immediately assume maliciousness just because third parties grieffed the user similarly earlier.

Even a third party who was actually present during the round as a player said he thought op was just doing some gimmick. I dont think it would be a stretch for the AI to think similarly.
didn't read virgin LOL LMAO LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol:
Omni

Post by Omni » #570611

I want to issue a public apology to everyone involved in this threat for using the o** word in whatever context I thought there was. It was huge blunder on my side and I will do all within my power not to do this again.
I want to say sorry for wasting your time with me and wish you a good day, and to people involved in complaint itself quick and just resolution of the matter, and better luck with roleplay endeavours in the future, whether on Terry or someplace else.
Stay hydrated.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #570613

If you feel, more or less, guilty about what you did, then I will mostly forgive you, and our happiness is most definitely increased, for the most part.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #570614

ill fucking behead you newfriend, call me old 1(one) more time!!
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #570617

Cobby wrote:snip because massive
I'll bite.

You are again missing the point entirely. Whether or not the player accurately communicated he wanted them to stop or not is largely irrelevant - it was clear from what he was saying that it was unwelcome if nothing else, and as the OOC logs have shown, the AI player was entirely aware he was ruining someone else's work. Further, whilst you're correct that we don't know the AI player's exact intentions, that is literally one of the complaints of the ahelp - there was no attempt from the admin to get a reason from the other player, the complaint owner was just told it was fine because 'IC' issue.

None of these arguments address the fact that the AI player broke a rule to the absolute letter. Ahelping the moment a rule is distinctly broken isn't an issue, even if it's on quickfire. I get that some people might be trying to just discourage a complete lack of IC conflict and resolution, but the AI player had nothing to gain, hadn't been asked to do this, and offered no IC justification other than 'fuck this guy in particular'. Specially confused at seeing some Manuel mains that I know invest time into huge autism projects defend the admin's point of view - I know for sure if the AI started dissassembling their projects to 'play Minecraft' this complaint would be going really differently.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #570662

honestly the AI player should have been banned for being an AI player
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #570680

the solution to the problem is to be human or carry a flash. You can print them in ghetto maint robotics.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #570684

Imagine having to be forced to stop being a dick by a human
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #570916

Wow we joined on the same day now isn't that something!
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #570920

no we didnt
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #570954

Timonk wrote:no we didnt
Not you
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #570956

oranges wrote:also why the fuck is terry overrun with hippie tier players? i tell you what the rot in that server comes from the admins who hang out there if you ask me.
rich coming from you, you don’t hang out in any server lmao
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #570958

Omni wrote:No, I wasn't. I just remember some people being older than ssethtide from legends/ vague recollection of them being more experienced when I started/forums. Sorry that I forgot about you chief, not intenional.
This is really besides the point I was trying to make, honestly.
cringe
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #570962

Flatulent wrote:
oranges wrote:also why the fuck is terry overrun with hippie tier players? i tell you what the rot in that server comes from the admins who hang out there if you ask me.
I hang out in your mums house instead lmao
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #570968

Lmao
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Omni

Post by Omni » #570972

Flatulent wrote:
Codejannies hate gamers. Codemonky puts a lot of thought and their free time into their PR, and thinks it works fine and balanced, only to see Edgar Pope spin around the hallways perpetually with (old) new carp while 50 people try to kill him at once with all means possible. You'd be upset too.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #572083

Seems like negligence towards shitty AI players is becoming a trend.

trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #572940

Welp.
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #572943

liberalibrarian btfo
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #572987

Both Fatal complaints rejected. Both regarding negligence towards AI players being dicks/degrading the experience of other players FNR. Going for the third strike?

Also, ruling present in the second Fatal complaint now is officially a (headmin approved) double standard of the ruling for the ban appeal by the new borg player who didn't get this "leeway" given to them (with no headmin overrule before expiration)

Talking about this one https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=27292

I will post my thoughts in my policy thread once I get the chance to sit on my pc this weekend. I'd recommend and really appreciate for any of you guys who care enough about the subject to post your opinions and thoughts there to ideally help defining a more tangible guideline for admins to use when handling these kind of situations, so we don't get such weird and arbitrary disparity in future rulings:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=27296