The Complaint that Never Was: [Doctor Brutality] Gave Himself Antag because I Stole his HoS roll

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

The Complaint that Never Was: [Doctor Brutality] Gave Himself Antag because I Stole his HoS roll

Post by Sheodir » #572009

this complaint will never exist because the fucker was lying about giving himself antag, had to wait like 50 mins to check on roundend to be sure

sasuga pugie
When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Terry
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Sheodir, Ben Griffith
Admin: Doctor Brutality
Round ID: 143883
Detailed Summary: I joined the round at roundstart and rolled HoS. I say hello to the crew, nothing much, and start gearing up. A paramedic rushes in with an emagged door (or whatever the emag replacement is now), screams something to the line of EDGAR POPE NO HOS BOOM BOOM, starts shoving me - I go "what the fuck' and baton him once, and then he blows up the entire thing with a bomb killing me and two officers, and of course himself. I ask the player what the hell he did and Pugie/Dr. Brutality admits to having given himself antag because I'd "stolen his HoS role", and to make an Admin Complaint if I had an issue with it. At first I thought he'd rolled antag by accident and told him I wouldn't ahelp, but he clarified he had given himself antag and urged me to make a complaint again. He was very forward about this fact, basically going "lmao yeah i did it so what" in chat, and coupled with him whining about being deadminned in ooc a round before, I suspect he doesn't actually care about his admin status either.

Given his reasoning for the ban and the rather childish abuse of power involved I think it'd be only fitting if he got banned from Security roles, given what he seems to be willing to do when he fails to roll for them. Clearly, his admin status isn't something he gives a shit about. The resulting shift was mostly Medical failing to revive me due to general Med incompetence outside of Manuel and it basically ruined the shift from the get go. He was also excessively smug in deadchat afterwards and that's why I assume he's either wanting to get bucked off the admin team or just plain confident that his status as a regular and a bit of a community meme will mean this behavior is a-ok, and why I don't feel being forced to step down is an appropriate response. Hell, keep him as admin but do the Secban, if that's the only thing he cares about.

tl;dr he abused his power to ruin my shift

PS: I am of course taking him at his word that he gave himself antag. It's possible he didn't and was just trolling me, in which case that's arguably fucking worse and breaks this part of Admin Conduct
Maintain professional conduct both in game and outside of the game. It is expected that you take the position seriously. This doesn't mean you can't talk casually to the playerbase, but remain professional on the forums, as well as on other Space Station 13 communities.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Re: The Complaint that Never Was: [Doctor Brutality] Gave Himself Antag because I Stole his HoS roll

Post by Flatulent » #572014

same tbh
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: The Complaint that Never Was: [Doctor Brutality] Gave Himself Antag because I Stole his HoS roll

Post by Agux909 » #572028

clownmins

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #572044

Damn dude you had a gun loaded for nothing.
Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Post by Space Panda » #572052

dog butt
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #572067

A literary analysis of EDGAR POPE NO HOS BOOM BOOM

Since the dawn of time, literary critics have applauded brevity, wit and multi-layered texts, except within their own writings, hence the, if i do say so myself, overabundance of, in fact overwhelming numbers of, unnecessary, though to be clear correct, commas in this particular sentence. EDGAR POPE NO HOS BOOM BOOM tells a story, in no more than 6 words, of a man who has lost everything, and seeks to reclaim it through the only method his fragile masculinity and ego can afford him, violence. In a primal scream, the text is displayed in all capitals. While this immediately calls forth the intense anger and despair typical of a man on the edge, what is most interesting is the total lack of punctuation or connecting structural words. This brings to mind a stream of consciousness insight into the protagonists deepest psyche, something we are incapable of accessing in modern life, but can only witness second hand through literary texts (not the decadent, degenerate visual mediums) or the artful video game, due to our potential insight into said protagonist. Without even the words, you can feel Edgar Pope's disdain for the state of his own existence, and the sheer emotional hurricane driving him forward to act. The first two words EDGAR POPE, demonstrate the heart of this primal shout. I AM EDGAR POPE AND I AM HERE, I EXIST, DESPITE ALL, an incredibly complex and poignant message, is compressed down to two words of raw, passionate energy. To be is to be oneself, and Edgar Pope has understood, tragically in their final moments, that they are everything in their own word. It is a question of ego and in practical terms solipsism, the idea that ones entire universe is a construct and one is the only true sapient being. Edgar Pope has managed to concoct, engage with, critically anlayse and incorporate into his own being the philosophical solpsist worldview in merely two words, spoken with confidence and heart, but only moments before his tragic demise. Thus lies the tragedy of these words. The following phrase NO HOS, contains within it our entire tragic narrative, and the character motivations behind it, again in only two words, another fantastic display of brilliance from the author. Edgar Pope, a proud Nanotrasen employee, applied for the role of head of security, believing them to deserve it, and in fact this ties into our characters motivations and their personality. Why the interest in an authoritarian role for power-hungry dipshits? Herein lies the fatal character flaw that leads to the demise of our hero: his ego has not quite ascended to the state of total solipsism this early in the story, he believes himself to be a cog in the machine and existing in a world that is, evidentially, real. However, he clearly does think highly of himself, given the later state, and so again from these two words we can extrapolate backwards to their tragic backstory and the events that would lead to the events of the main text. Edgar Pope applied for the head of security position, narcissistically deluding themselves into believing it is the ideal position for one of their talents, but due to their own lack of introspection and self-improvement, they fail. But why? How could a man so perfect and so unquestionably transcendant ever fail? The answer could either be that his views on himself are delusional, or the world is broken and a lie. In that final earth-shattering realisation, ego wins out over the primal survival instinct of the id, and edgar pope makes his final decision, to destroy the fake, artificial construct of this world and the role that brought him to that realisation. And finally, dear reader, we come to the final two words. I must advise that those of a less firm disposition look away now, before I type the words BOOM BOOM. Now the first question, the astute reader may ask, is why, in such a flourishing and expert display of compressing the long form of an entire narrative into 6 words, did the author then deign to squander their talents by repeating the same word twice? Surely this is in direct juxtaposition to their authorial intent? You would be right, dear reader, were you not so mind-dumbingly dim-witted, but I am here to demonstrate the truth of the author's genius. The first Boom, is of course, the explosion within the narrative, and on a surface level you can see something quite tragic in this phrasology as well. After the explosion, Edgar Pope is annihilated, his ego and all encompassing it shattered, but he says BOOM BOOM, which must have come before the actual explosion. Deep within his broken psyche, a tiny voice speaks out, a voice of spite and hatred. While his rational and composed outward exterior believes all of reality to be an illusion, some small part of him deep down does realise this is all an act of hatred and spite against a representative foe of his own construction, the Head of Security. The simple word BOOM, is childish, unformed, even immature. This is the voice of a spiteful child speaking with great malice, influencing the man around the feeble weak center. So why the second BOOM? Well dear reader, I would argue these are in fact two different words in context. The first BOOM speaks of the act, the attack, the terroristic reality, but the second BOOM is a softer, internal function. The mans ego, femtoseconds before annihilation, has been utterly shattered. The first BOOM is an external show of force and the exertion of mans will over reality, but the second BOOM is an internal explosion of emotion, and the shattering of the will. Thus, we end the tail of Edgar Pope, and the author's genius is fully realised. This is art rivalling shakespeare, and that it was performed within a game were 2d spessmans make each other go horizontal, is yet further evidence of the author's surrealist intent and incredible grasp of both the english language, and the new mediums through which it can expand and grow.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #572068

That's too many words for cat.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #572069

NecromancerAnne wrote:That's too many words for cat.
I wouldn't expect one of your feeblemind to engage with the literary medium to the extent my galaxy brain can afford. My works are not for you, go back to your kardashian shows and your rapping musics
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #572070

Stickymayhem wrote:A literary analysis of EDGAR POPE NO HOS BOOM BOOM

Since the dawn of time, literary critics have applauded brevity, wit and multi-layered texts, except within their own writings, hence the, if i do say so myself, overabundance of, in fact overwhelming numbers of, unnecessary, though to be clear correct, commas in this particular sentence. EDGAR POPE NO HOS BOOM BOOM tells a story, in no more than 6 words, of a man who has lost everything, and seeks to reclaim it through the only method his fragile masculinity and ego can afford him, violence. In a primal scream, the text is displayed in all capitals. While this immediately calls forth the intense anger and despair typical of a man on the edge, what is most interesting is the total lack of punctuation or connecting structural words. This brings to mind a stream of consciousness insight into the protagonists deepest psyche, something we are incapable of accessing in modern life, but can only witness second hand through literary texts (not the decadent, degenerate visual mediums) or the artful video game, due to our potential insight into said protagonist. Without even the words, you can feel Edgar Pope's disdain for the state of his own existence, and the sheer emotional hurricane driving him forward to act. The first two words EDGAR POPE, demonstrate the heart of this primal shout. I AM EDGAR POPE AND I AM HERE, I EXIST, DESPITE ALL, an incredibly complex and poignant message, is compressed down to two words of raw, passionate energy. To be is to be oneself, and Edgar Pope has understood, tragically in their final moments, that they are everything in their own word. It is a question of ego and in practical terms solipsism, the idea that ones entire universe is a construct and one is the only true sapient being. Edgar Pope has managed to concoct, engage with, critically anlayse and incorporate into his own being the philosophical solpsist worldview in merely two words, spoken with confidence and heart, but only moments before his tragic demise. Thus lies the tragedy of these words. The following phrase NO HOS, contains within it our entire tragic narrative, and the character motivations behind it, again in only two words, another fantastic display of brilliance from the author. Edgar Pope, a proud Nanotrasen employee, applied for the role of head of security, believing them to deserve it, and in fact this ties into our characters motivations and their personality. Why the interest in an authoritarian role for power-hungry dipshits? Herein lies the fatal character flaw that leads to the demise of our hero: his ego has not quite ascended to the state of total solipsism this early in the story, he believes himself to be a cog in the machine and existing in a world that is, evidentially, real. However, he clearly does think highly of himself, given the later state, and so again from these two words we can extrapolate backwards to their tragic backstory and the events that would lead to the events of the main text. Edgar Pope applied for the head of security position, narcissistically deluding themselves into believing it is the ideal position for one of their talents, but due to their own lack of introspection and self-improvement, they fail. But why? How could a man so perfect and so unquestionably transcendant ever fail? The answer could either be that his views on himself are delusional, or the world is broken and a lie. In that final earth-shattering realisation, ego wins out over the primal survival instinct of the id, and edgar pope makes his final decision, to destroy the fake, artificial construct of this world and the role that brought him to that realisation. And finally, dear reader, we come to the final two words. I must advise that those of a less firm disposition look away now, before I type the words BOOM BOOM. Now the first question, the astute reader may ask, is why, in such a flourishing and expert display of compressing the long form of an entire narrative into 6 words, did the author then deign to squander their talents by repeating the same word twice? Surely this is in direct juxtaposition to their authorial intent? You would be right, dear reader, were you not so mind-dumbingly dim-witted, but I am here to demonstrate the truth of the author's genius. The first Boom, is of course, the explosion within the narrative, and on a surface level you can see something quite tragic in this phrasology as well. After the explosion, Edgar Pope is annihilated, his ego and all encompassing it shattered, but he says BOOM BOOM, which must have come before the actual explosion. Deep within his broken psyche, a tiny voice speaks out, a voice of spite and hatred. While his rational and composed outward exterior believes all of reality to be an illusion, some small part of him deep down does realise this is all an act of hatred and spite against a representative foe of his own construction, the Head of Security. The simple word BOOM, is childish, unformed, even immature. This is the voice of a spiteful child speaking with great malice, influencing the man around the feeble weak center. So why the second BOOM? Well dear reader, I would argue these are in fact two different words in context. The first BOOM speaks of the act, the attack, the terroristic reality, but the second BOOM is a softer, internal function. The mans ego, femtoseconds before annihilation, has been utterly shattered. The first BOOM is an external show of force and the exertion of mans will over reality, but the second BOOM is an internal explosion of emotion, and the shattering of the will. Thus, we end the tail of Edgar Pope, and the author's genius is fully realised. This is art rivalling shakespeare, and that it was performed within a game were 2d spessmans make each other go horizontal, is yet further evidence of the author's surrealist intent and incredible grasp of both the english language, and the new mediums through which it can expand and grow.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTLEGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEE
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #572071

Doctor Brutality/(Edgar Pope) "EDGAR POPE IS NOT SECURITY UH OH BOOM BOOM"
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #572075

deranged
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #572076

NecromancerAnne wrote:Damn dude you had a gun loaded for nothing.
The worst part is that I wait to round end on the suspicion he was just fucking with me, confirm and he goes
"yeah now post the appeal you spent 50 mins writing"
"n-no i didn't write any"

I couldn't live a lie
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #572121

The Doc is now on holiday
► Show Spoiler
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #572126

Tarchonvaagh wrote:huh
I - I didn't mean to - there must be something we can do.

*JC Denton walks into frame*
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #572132

Your theoritical complaint killed Pudgie! You monster!
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #572137

"welcome to come back anytime"

cring
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #572142

holy calamity scream insanity
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW: