Series You Lads Are Watching

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Series You Lads Are Watching

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #572435

I recently started rewatching my favourite series, starting with The Expanse - a pretty nice spess adventure, too bad they botched the last one and a half seasons
I also really liked Spaced by Edgar Wright and Sex Education
Oh also also The End Of The F***ing World
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Series You Lads Are Watching

Post by cacogen » #572444

I haven't watched anything in a while though TV is my favourite storytelling medium. Movies nowadays are nearly all shit and who has the attention span. The last good film I saw released in the past ten years was Green Room.

Watching Better Call Saul though the latest season finished awhile ago. It could be a lot better. El Camino showed Vince has "still got it" but Better Call Saul is mediocre and often boring with a few moments of greatness here and there that echo the thrill of watching Breaking Bad for the first time.

Looking forward to The Boys Season 2. It's not prestige TV or anything but it's decent and it has Van/Jethro West in it which is cool

I was watching The Expanse but various problems got in the way of it. That bitch from Shortland Street can't act worth a damn and it's embarrassing seeing her up against the American actors, especially the ones who seem like veteran character actors who have been in the business for 30 years. She plays Bobald Draper. I looked at the wikia page and while that site isn't known for its frequent edits it says she's still alive which is not good
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #572537

Oh also Barry season 2
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #572570

Expanse is great, it's the best show, and only show I'm watching right now. That said, the acting is a common complaint. Except Avasarala who is stealing every scene, and maybe two more characters later on.
But i'm also reading books, and I just finished 5th one in the series, and everything and everyone is better in the books, including Bobbie. Actually, except the two characters who I said I also liked in the TV show, who are completely different in the books.
But also, show diverges a lot from the books, and next tv season will abridge 5th book or ignore it entirely.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #572576

Tarchonvaagh wrote:Oh also Barry season 2
I tried Barry briefly but found it sort of boring
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW: