The removal of NTR Hut and its consequences have been a disaster for tgstation13 forums.

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.

Moderator: testing123

Lumbermancer

Byond Username: Lumbermancer

The removal of NTR Hut and its consequences have been a disaster for tgstation13 forums.

Postby Lumbermancer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:56 pm #576389

Do you agree?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge

PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: The removal of NTR Hut and its consequences have been a disaster for tgstation13 forums.

Postby PKPenguin321 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:57 pm #576390

The addition of it in the first place, rather.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:

Space Panda

Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Re: The removal of NTR Hut and its consequences have been a disaster for tgstation13 forums.

Postby Space Panda » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:57 pm #576391

i'm a post-hut baby so i don't know

but i like the forums as they are

oranges
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Postby oranges » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:23 pm #576409

Lumbermancer wrote:Do you agree?

Hard to agree when you haven't said what you think the disaster actually was

wesoda25

Byond Username: Wesoda25

Postby wesoda25 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:11 pm #576420

I won’t lie, the quality of the forums have decreased.

That being said I’d do it again.
Naloac wrote:Since you have asked for a *community opinion* and im the player voted admin. Ill give you my official opinion straight from the *community* Your fucking retarded

Farquaar

Byond Username: Farquaar

Postby Farquaar » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:17 pm #576422

It hasn't really changed much, in my opinion.
If anything, its removal has made the rest of the forums more lively because attention-seekers have to talk about the game if they want (you)s.

Armhulen
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Postby Armhulen » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:14 am #576463

Anyone who agrees doesn't remember how the forums were before. They were about the same level of shitpostiness that goes on now, you know?
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

IkeTG

Byond Username: LizardDreams

Postby IkeTG » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:22 am #576465

oh OP? You want NTR back?

Lumbermancer

Postby Lumbermancer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:15 am #576499

Armhulen wrote:Anyone who agrees doesn't remember how the forums were before. They were about the same level of shitpostiness that goes on now, you know?

Was it not contained, though?

IkeTG wrote:oh OP? You want NTR back?

we want cuckshed back
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge

Space Panda

Postby Space Panda » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:07 pm #576502

Lumbermancer wrote:
Armhulen wrote:Anyone who agrees doesn't remember how the forums were before. They were about the same level of shitpostiness that goes on now, you know?

Was it not contained, though?

IkeTG wrote:oh OP? You want NTR back?

we want cuckshed back

"we" = lumbermancer

Gigapuddi420

Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Postby Gigapuddi420 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:25 pm #576506

The hut barely contained peanuts though; it was just more convenient to make a thread commenting on a ban in a unmoderated forum over the other options. People still went into the FNR forum to post their opinions on bans and would get slapped down for their trouble. Hell, some would even get banned from the forum entirely and run entire crusades about how their opinions were valued.

The worse of the hut basically amounted to calling out people you hated and stirring drama. Still possible now but also subject to lax forum rules where the hut had none. Forum warriors just miss the ability to shitpost as hard as they can without repercussions, I'd hardly call that disaster.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Byond Username: An0n3

Postby Timbrewolf » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:40 pm #576507

Literally banned fun.

Just look at this place now.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno

NSFW:

PostThis post was deleted by wesoda25 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:42 pm.
Reason: oh nvm look at the timing of that

Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Postby Stickymayhem » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:11 pm #576509

This thread wasn't correct until September 16th, 12:40pm when the quality of the forums dramatically declined

Sheodir

Byond Username: Sheodir

Postby Sheodir » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:24 pm #576510

I really don't agree. The same kinds of threads get made, except they're now in Off-Topic rather than the Hut. It just saves me a click. People are talking about rule enforcement but that rarely came up in the hut near its demise anyway (threads skirting the rules), so nothing has changed.

I can still make a 40 thousand page long thread about spins wheel Lexia Black spins wheel in the Living Room spins it again with the rope.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.

ohnopigeons

Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Postby ohnopigeons » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:54 pm #576517

Gigapuddi420 wrote:The hut barely contained peanuts though;

Gigapuddi420 wrote:The worse of the hut basically amounted to calling out people you hated and stirring drama. Still possible now but also subject to lax forum rules where the hut had none. Forum warriors just miss the ability to shitpost as hard as they can without repercussions, I'd hardly call that disaster.

This is blatantly false, 90% of posts and active threads in the Hut were in peanut threads, and most the drama you describe also originated from those very same threads. That being said, the conceptual basis of the NTR hut now completely contradicts the server's current ethos and the forum is better off if it remained gone forever.

Gigapuddi420

Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Postby Gigapuddi420 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:21 pm #576520

peanuts happened in FNR even with people posting most of their peanut threads in the hut. Those threads weren't exclusively allowed in the hut, it was just the preferred place to put them due to low moderation. They could have been posted in off-topic like they are now.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.

Armhulen
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Postby Armhulen » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:06 pm #576536

You know, there was one thing. A fair amount of the shitposting was contained in a THREAD called cuckshed, not a subforum. Didn't stop it from making the rest of the forum nicely goofy, and was pretty funny.
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

Lumbermancer

Postby Lumbermancer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:07 pm #576578

Space Panda wrote:"we" = lumbermancer

Why are you doing this to me? I thought we were friends.

Sheodir wrote:the same kinds of threads get made, except they're now in Off-Topic rather than the Hut.

Yeah except those threads got culled when dropping past x'th-whatever'th page, which is my point

Space Panda

Postby Space Panda » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:11 pm #576581

sometimes your friends are wrong and you gotta set them back on the right path

ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Postby ThanatosRa » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:51 pm #576908

I miss the hut.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

iksyp

Byond Username: Iksyp

Postby iksyp » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:21 am #576948

the drama in the hut was fun and i thoroughly miss some of the more incredible shitstorms of threads i participated in
ignore this poster he has brain damage

Naloac
In-Game Head Admin

Byond Username: Naloac

Postby Naloac » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:50 pm #577108

god I miss the hut
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24032
The best goddamn Comment on my youtube videos.

Tarchonvaagh

Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Postby Tarchonvaagh » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:07 am #577149

Sheodir wrote:I can still make a 40 thousand page long thread about spins wheel Lexia Black spins wheel in the Living Room spins it again with the rope.

Kinky
"You cannot defeat what lives on in the heart, and soul, of every TG player" - Birdboat
Leave thought-provoking posts at my thread!

FantasticFwoosh
Confined to the shed

Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Postby FantasticFwoosh » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:21 am #577247

Spoiler:

cacogen

Byond Username: Cacogen

Postby cacogen » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:38 pm #577264

That looks like the same design as that fuck your optics mosque pic, which is bad optics
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

Return to Off Topic