The removal of NTR Hut and its consequences have been a disaster for tgstation13 forums.

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

The removal of NTR Hut and its consequences have been a disaster for tgstation13 forums.

Post by Lumbermancer » #576389

Do you agree?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: The removal of NTR Hut and its consequences have been a disaster for tgstation13 forums.

Post by PKPenguin321 » #576390

The addition of it in the first place, rather.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Re: The removal of NTR Hut and its consequences have been a disaster for tgstation13 forums.

Post by Space Panda » #576391

i'm a post-hut baby so i don't know

but i like the forums as they are
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #576409

Lumbermancer wrote:Do you agree?
Hard to agree when you haven't said what you think the disaster actually was
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #576420

I won’t lie, the quality of the forums have decreased.

That being said I’d do it again.
[this space reserved]
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #576422

It hasn't really changed much, in my opinion.
If anything, its removal has made the rest of the forums more lively because attention-seekers have to talk about the game if they want (you)s.
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #576463

Anyone who agrees doesn't remember how the forums were before. They were about the same level of shitpostiness that goes on now, you know?
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #576465

oh OP? You want NTR back?
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #576499

Armhulen wrote:Anyone who agrees doesn't remember how the forums were before. They were about the same level of shitpostiness that goes on now, you know?
Was it not contained, though?
IkeTG wrote:oh OP? You want NTR back?
we want cuckshed back
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #576502

Lumbermancer wrote:
Armhulen wrote:Anyone who agrees doesn't remember how the forums were before. They were about the same level of shitpostiness that goes on now, you know?
Was it not contained, though?
IkeTG wrote:oh OP? You want NTR back?
we want cuckshed back
"we" = lumbermancer
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #576506

The hut barely contained peanuts though; it was just more convenient to make a thread commenting on a ban in a unmoderated forum over the other options. People still went into the FNR forum to post their opinions on bans and would get slapped down for their trouble. Hell, some would even get banned from the forum entirely and run entire crusades about how their opinions were valued.

The worse of the hut basically amounted to calling out people you hated and stirring drama. Still possible now but also subject to lax forum rules where the hut had none. Forum warriors just miss the ability to shitpost as hard as they can without repercussions, I'd hardly call that disaster.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #576507

Literally banned fun.

Just look at this place now.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #576509

This thread wasn't correct until September 16th, 12:40pm when the quality of the forums dramatically declined
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #576510

I really don't agree. The same kinds of threads get made, except they're now in Off-Topic rather than the Hut. It just saves me a click. People are talking about rule enforcement but that rarely came up in the hut near its demise anyway (threads skirting the rules), so nothing has changed.

I can still make a 40 thousand page long thread about spins wheel Lexia Black spins wheel in the Living Room spins it again with the rope.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #576517

Gigapuddi420 wrote:The hut barely contained peanuts though;
Gigapuddi420 wrote:The worse of the hut basically amounted to calling out people you hated and stirring drama. Still possible now but also subject to lax forum rules where the hut had none. Forum warriors just miss the ability to shitpost as hard as they can without repercussions, I'd hardly call that disaster.
This is blatantly false, 90% of posts and active threads in the Hut were in peanut threads, and most the drama you describe also originated from those very same threads. That being said, the conceptual basis of the NTR hut now completely contradicts the server's current ethos and the forum is better off if it remained gone forever.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #576520

peanuts happened in FNR even with people posting most of their peanut threads in the hut. Those threads weren't exclusively allowed in the hut, it was just the preferred place to put them due to low moderation. They could have been posted in off-topic like they are now.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #576536

You know, there was one thing. A fair amount of the shitposting was contained in a THREAD called cuckshed, not a subforum. Didn't stop it from making the rest of the forum nicely goofy, and was pretty funny.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #576578

Space Panda wrote:"we" = lumbermancer
Why are you doing this to me? I thought we were friends.
Sheodir wrote:the same kinds of threads get made, except they're now in Off-Topic rather than the Hut.
Yeah except those threads got culled when dropping past x'th-whatever'th page, which is my point
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #576581

sometimes your friends are wrong and you gotta set them back on the right path
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #576908

I miss the hut.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #576948

the drama in the hut was fun and i thoroughly miss some of the more incredible shitstorms of threads i participated in
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #577108

god I miss the hut
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #577149

Sheodir wrote: I can still make a 40 thousand page long thread about spins wheel Lexia Black spins wheel in the Living Room spins it again with the rope.
Kinky
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #577247

Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #577264

That looks like the same design as that fuck your optics mosque pic, which is bad optics
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW: