Page 8 of 21

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:03 pm
by Grazyn
mstachife wrote:
Grazyn wrote:
mstachife wrote:The level of mental gymnastics some people seem go through to explain why their guy didnt lose is pure insanity.

From Bush vs Gore https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/531/98/

[...]the state legislature's power to select the manner for appointing electors is plenary; it may, if it so chooses, select the electors itself, which indeed was the manner used by state legislatures in several States for many years after the framing of our Constitution. Id., at 28-33. History has now favored the voter, and in each of the several States the citizens themselves vote for Presidential electors.[...] The State, of course, after granting the franchise in the special context of Article II, can take back the power to appoint electors. See id., at 35 (" '[T]here is no doubt of the right of the legislature to resume the power at any time, for it can neither be taken away nor abdicated''


From what I see, the state legislatures of Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Arizona are controlled by republicans. The only thing Trump has to do is put some pressure on them with promises, bribes or whatnot and he stays president. He doesn't even have to convince everyone, 3 states will be more than enough


What's your point exactly?

That it's simply too soon to say he lost because your Constitution says otherwise

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:03 pm
by Screemonster
Grazyn wrote:
mstachife wrote:The level of mental gymnastics some people seem go through to explain why their guy didnt lose is pure insanity.

From Bush vs Gore https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/531/98/

[...]the state legislature's power to select the manner for appointing electors is plenary; it may, if it so chooses, select the electors itself, which indeed was the manner used by state legislatures in several States for many years after the framing of our Constitution. Id., at 28-33. History has now favored the voter, and in each of the several States the citizens themselves vote for Presidential electors.[...] The State, of course, after granting the franchise in the special context of Article II, can take back the power to appoint electors. See id., at 35 (" '[T]here is no doubt of the right of the legislature to resume the power at any time, for it can neither be taken away nor abdicated''


From what I see, the state legislatures of Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Arizona are controlled by republicans. The only thing Trump has to do is put some pressure on them with promises, bribes or whatnot and he stays president. He doesn't even have to convince everyone, 3 states will be more than enough

that requires those guys to want trump more than they want not to be the guy that publicly stood up and told their state that their votes don't count

historically speaking elections are a remarkably civilised way for the population to oust a government official that pisses them off

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:13 pm
by mstachife
Grazyn wrote:That it's simply too soon to say he lost because your Constitution says otherwise


I dont care, Im going with what the AP has said.

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:17 pm
by Grazyn
Screemonster wrote:
Grazyn wrote:
mstachife wrote:The level of mental gymnastics some people seem go through to explain why their guy didnt lose is pure insanity.

From Bush vs Gore https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/531/98/

[...]the state legislature's power to select the manner for appointing electors is plenary; it may, if it so chooses, select the electors itself, which indeed was the manner used by state legislatures in several States for many years after the framing of our Constitution. Id., at 28-33. History has now favored the voter, and in each of the several States the citizens themselves vote for Presidential electors.[...] The State, of course, after granting the franchise in the special context of Article II, can take back the power to appoint electors. See id., at 35 (" '[T]here is no doubt of the right of the legislature to resume the power at any time, for it can neither be taken away nor abdicated''


From what I see, the state legislatures of Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Arizona are controlled by republicans. The only thing Trump has to do is put some pressure on them with promises, bribes or whatnot and he stays president. He doesn't even have to convince everyone, 3 states will be more than enough

that requires those guys to want trump more than they want not to be the guy that publicly stood up and told their state that their votes don't count

historically speaking elections are a remarkably civilised way for the population to oust a government official that pisses them off

They will only piss off people who wouldn't have voted for them anyway, 80% of Trump electors already believe the election was stolen. They're actually risking more by NOT being on board. Not to mention the party can just threaten to cut them off in the next primary (if they're even running again, some states apparently have term limits)

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:51 pm
by XivilaiAnaxes
Trump just has to convince 3 states worth of elector counts to go "yep lets go against the votes".

Man that's all he gotta do. For republicans to get one term of 4 years at the executive branch.

The exchange isn't even remotely worth doing they're not going to go through with it.

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:48 pm
by Stickymayhem
the shadow council has already blackbagged biden and placed trumps brain inside his head so he can have 4 more years watch the eyes watch the words follow the plan count the stitches around the brainpan its all there zoology zodiac cryptoadrenaline secret pedoplanets full of democrabots enslaving patriotoddlers

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:49 pm
by Stickymayhem
hide your suburban children they say the good american christian ones taste best

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:05 pm
by cacogen
I keep looking for a jumping in point because it's like a thicket of shitvI don't want to read but I do want to low effort shitpost about politics here as on 4channel so seeing as Sticky's recent posts seem to have a lot of buzzwords in them I'm just going to jump in and say that I look forward to when Trump is out of office so that we can start championing him as the underdog instead of getting mad at him for winning all the time even though he doesn't deserve it. His resurgence in 2024 will of course be something to behold and after four years of depressing business as usual liberal centrist Biden maybe bringing back such a detestable character will seem fun in retrospect?

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:12 pm
by Timonk
I'm looking forward to the first ex president that is a convicted rapist

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:15 pm
by Timonk
Bill Clinton is gonna be a close second with accused only with little to no evidence

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:24 pm
by cacogen
Oh yeah shit the FBI is investigating Trump only for cash 4 pardons and not his other crimes like violating the emoluments clause so there is a non-zero chance (so almost 0) he will die in prison which is more fun than deciding Trump's antics were at the very least fun and that him being there is spitefully destructive to the entire system rather than depressing like the latest neoliberal establishment Democrat politician the put in there

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:36 pm
by MisterPerson
cacogen wrote:I keep looking for a jumping in point because it's like a thicket of shitvI don't want to read but I do want to low effort shitpost about politics here as on 4channel so seeing as Sticky's recent posts seem to have a lot of buzzwords in them I'm just going to jump in and say that I look forward to when Trump is out of office so that we can start championing him as the underdog instead of getting mad at him for winning all the time even though he doesn't deserve it. His resurgence in 2024 will of course be something to behold and after four years of depressing business as usual liberal centrist Biden maybe bringing back such a detestable character will seem fun in retrospect?


Trump 2024 would be fantastic news for Democrats. Incumbents do better than challengers. Incumbent Trump lost to challenger Biden. Therefore incumbent Biden will beat challenger Trump by a larger margin than in 2020.

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:52 pm
by Armhulen
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Trump just has to convince 3 states worth of elector counts to go "yep lets go against the votes".

Man that's all he gotta do. For republicans to get one term of 4 years at the executive branch.

The exchange isn't even remotely worth doing they're not going to go through with it.

First off let me just say there is nothing patriotic or democratic about winning with 6.9 million off the popular vote. Now that we have that out of the way...

There is a huge political risk to go against the vote. First off, electors are chosen by the state governor, not legislatures, which means the electors are democrat in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan. So already, you only have two states that match your own political party you want to go against the winning vote to win the election. Arizona + Georgia is still not enough to win it for Trump, so Trump would have to convince some DEMOCRAT ELECTORS to defect from THEIR OWN PARTY to let the OTHER PARTY WIN. And the other two republican electors in AZ and GA (lets say they agree to this) have to also believe that the DEMOCRAT ELECTORS are willing to do it, and aren't just going "Oh yeah sure i'll do it" and then not doing it, politically sinking two rep electors.

It's like the prisoner's dilemma, except there's only one round, with an extra person there you need to cooperate, and if anyone defects it all crashes and burns. For everyone who didn't cooperate. That's a lot of faith you're putting on someone from the opposite party, and a lot of faith on the bribes at work here for that to happen, even towards the republicans. So while they could defect, realistically this shit ain't happening lol

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:56 pm
by Armhulen
Honestly when I think about it, You better be giving that demmie electors a plane ticket out of the country when you make them defect. Like, if reps defect to let a rep win they're like fuck yeah and high fives all around because Trump's in office. But if a Democrat lets trump win, he doesn't have the protection of being in the winning party. Seriously someone tell me why he would defect

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:30 am
by XivilaiAnaxes
That was basically my point - committing political suicide to take a branch for 4 years is never happening. Florida was murky enough that they could get away with it for an 8 year executive branch.

Brazenly going for 3 states (I didn't research who the electors were, 3/5 being Democrats makes it even less possible) when they all have a clear winner to get a single executive term? When the court already belongs to republicans? When dems are basically guaranteed to get a full 8 years after?

Hell no, isn't happening.

Reds best shot is hoping Biden retires 2024 for a fair shot or waiting for his 8 years for a practically uncontested 2028 win.

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:37 am
by Armhulen
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:That was basically my point - committing political suicide to take a branch for 4 years is never happening. Florida was murky enough that they could get away with it for an 8 year executive branch.

Brazenly going for 3 states (I didn't research who the electors were, 3/5 being Democrats makes it even less possible) when they all have a clear winner to get a single executive term? When the court already belongs to republicans? When dems are basically guaranteed to get a full 8 years after?

Hell no, isn't happening.

Reds best shot is hoping Biden retires 2024 for a fair shot or waiting for his 8 years for a practically uncontested 2028 win.

Advantage of red is that the DNC is actually very happy with changing very little and puts forward people who don't change anything, when we need change. I'm hoping biden will change a lot of stuff but I doubt it

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:42 am
by Rohen_Tahir
cacogen wrote:I keep looking for a jumping in point because it's like a thicket of shitvI don't want to read but I do want to low effort shitpost about politics here as on 4channel so seeing as Sticky's recent posts seem to have a lot of buzzwords in them I'm just going to jump in and say that I look forward to when Trump is out of office so that we can start championing him as the underdog instead of getting mad at him for winning all the time even though he doesn't deserve it. His resurgence in 2024 will of course be something to behold and after four years of depressing business as usual liberal centrist Biden maybe bringing back such a detestable character will seem fun in retrospect?

Here's how Trump can still win

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:04 am
by Armhulen
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
cacogen wrote:I keep looking for a jumping in point because it's like a thicket of shitvI don't want to read but I do want to low effort shitpost about politics here as on 4channel so seeing as Sticky's recent posts seem to have a lot of buzzwords in them I'm just going to jump in and say that I look forward to when Trump is out of office so that we can start championing him as the underdog instead of getting mad at him for winning all the time even though he doesn't deserve it. His resurgence in 2024 will of course be something to behold and after four years of depressing business as usual liberal centrist Biden maybe bringing back such a detestable character will seem fun in retrospect?

Here's how Trump can still win


Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:27 am
by MisterPerson
Armhulen wrote:Advantage of red is that the DNC is actually very happy with changing very little and puts forward people who don't change anything, when we need change. I'm hoping biden will change a lot of stuff but I doubt it


His cabinet picks so far have lots of Obama-era people. As such, little change you can believe in. There's still lots of people to pick, but keep in mind all his selections have to pass the Senate. So even if he wanted Elizabeth Warren for SEC chair or whatever, there's no chance the GOP would let that happen. Hell, Tester and Manchin alone might torpedo nominations without any help from the opposition.

The only exception is his FCC chair pick is a woman who'll stand up for net neutrality. Which is like the third most important issue for me, so that's pretty nice all things considered.

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:46 am
by Rohen_Tahir
MisterPerson wrote:
Armhulen wrote:Advantage of red is that the DNC is actually very happy with changing very little and puts forward people who don't change anything, when we need change. I'm hoping biden will change a lot of stuff but I doubt it


His cabinet picks so far have lots of Obama-era people. As such, little change you can believe in. There's still lots of people to pick, but keep in mind all his selections have to pass the Senate. So even if he wanted Elizabeth Warren for SEC chair or whatever, there's no chance the GOP would let that happen. Hell, Tester and Manchin alone might torpedo nominations without any help from the opposition.

The only exception is his FCC chair pick is a woman who'll stand up for net neutrality. Which is like the third most important issue for me, so that's pretty nice all things considered.


Net Neutrality will only matter for VoD services once section 230 is repealed.

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:21 pm
by FloranOtten
once section 230 is repealed


That'd be a bad thing, and isn't happening. At least, not in the next four years.

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:54 pm
by Grazyn
Repealing section 230 basically shuts down social networks, doesn't it? Why would it be a bad thing?

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:10 pm
by cacogen
Grandma needs memes

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:55 pm
by Rohen_Tahir
FloranOtten wrote:
once section 230 is repealed


That'd be a bad thing, and isn't happening. At least, not in the next four years.

Biden promised to repeal 230 too. And Trump recently threatened to veto funding for the military if 230 isn't repealed, so we might not even get the chance to hope Biden just forgets.
Grazyn wrote:Repealing section 230 basically shuts down social networks, doesn't it? Why would it be a bad thing?
It kills all user generated content entirelly, not just social media. Well really shit owned by FB and Google might survive due to the immense profits allowing the companies to hire great lawyers and bribe their way out of court cases if that fails.

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:20 pm
by Timonk
I say let trump repeal money from the US military, he's literally crippling his own country and US citizens get more money on top of that

Imagine if it went towards the pandemic instead! Science is a good one too. Democratic countries don't need 284847 trillion in military fund

This based take was sponsored by my current sicknessTM

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:24 pm
by Timonk
Finally trump plans something good

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:32 pm
by thehogshotgun
The only exception is his FCC chair pick is a woman who'll stand up for net neutrality. Which is like the third most important issue for me, so that's pretty nice all things considered.


Art thou retard?

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:12 am
by XSI
Internet laws need to be redone entirely pretty much everywhere, really. Currently it's all made by old people who don't understand the internet and it's really showing with how much bullshit can be gotten away with
Of course if they make new laws or redo the old and just make it worse, then we're fucked. So it will all depend on how many bribes they accept

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:32 am
by thehogshotgun
XSI wrote:Internet laws need to be redone entirely pretty much everywhere, really. Currently it's all made by old people who don't understand the internet and it's really showing with how much bullshit can be gotten away with
Of course if they make new laws or redo the old and just make it worse, then we're fucked. So it will all depend on how many bribes they accept

I don't want the government anywhere near my internet gtfo with that

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:13 am
by MisterPerson
Grazyn wrote:Repealing section 230 basically shuts down social networks, doesn't it? Why would it be a bad thing?


Among other things, it would make MSO personally liable for everything posted on these forums. The same logic would apply everywhere (Twitter, Facebook, etc are liable for what their users upload). Rather than less censorship, it would actually invite more censorship since everything posted online would need to be looked at by actual human beings who have strong financial incentives to ere on the side of caution. That's not even getting into the field day copyright lawyers would have suing websites for memes.

But ok, you don't use social media sites. That's fine, this would impact a LOT of shit. Youtube? Gone. Twitch? Bye. Etsy? Donezo. Imgur? Img-go away. Hell even Wikipedia would be imperiled.

thehogshotgun wrote:
The only exception is his FCC chair pick is a woman who'll stand up for net neutrality. Which is like the third most important issue for me, so that's pretty nice all things considered.


Art thou retard?


https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/5-ways-biden-might-differ-from-or-agree-with-trump-on-technology/

Correction: The women I mentioned was transition chair, not his eventual nomination for FCC chair. She might be wind up being FCC chairwoman, we'll see.

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:36 am
by MrStonedOne
Grazyn wrote:Repealing section 230 basically shuts down social networks, doesn't it? Why would it be a bad thing?



Imagine thinking that ooc being legally required to be censored of any potentially untrue statement in order to avoid a slander/libel lawsuit is a good thing.

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:39 am
by MrStonedOne
We would have to code a way to remove ooc messages from game clients after they've been posted, just to avoid drowning me in debt.

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:10 am
by thehogshotgun
Net Neutrality is stupid dumb dumb government crap honestly you all are big dumb for even liking it luuuul fuck de government we the people say you stupid ahashyahhahahghjsjjajajajjaja

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:40 am
by XSI
Easy solution for all big companies- Move servers to a place that doesn't hold you responsible and make sure you've paid your legal team
Solution for anyone smaller? Hope a new law comes by that saves your ass before you get sued

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:47 am
by cacogen
Presumably Biden won't be using social media to spew propaganda and then get mad when they flag it so I think it's unlikely he's going to undermine tech companies in this way. Can't be good for the economy and the US government seems to be run by and for big business.

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:48 am
by XivilaiAnaxes
Halfwit myopic Democrats intend to kill American tech infrastructure because they think they can remove wrong-think.

I can't roll my eyes harder than I already am.

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:05 am
by Grazyn
MrStonedOne wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Repealing section 230 basically shuts down social networks, doesn't it? Why would it be a bad thing?



Imagine thinking that ooc being legally required to be censored of any potentially untrue statement in order to avoid a slander/libel lawsuit is a good thing.

What I don't understand is, why? Why would Trump do it? The international success of the alt-right was only made possible by the ability to write untrue stuff on the internet. So why stop it now? The way I see it, there may be 2 reasons

-The alt-right has already won and they don't need it anymore. Whining about censoring and freedom of speech was only functional to seizing power and now it's time to silence the opposition by removing any tool they may use for a comeback. Counterargument: doesn't look like they won, Trump himself allegedly just lost the election and populist parties are still struggling in Europe

-Trump is bluffing. He wants concessions from Twitter and Facebook so that they stop hampering his propaganda network, Facebook is already on the edge so he only needs to win Twitter really

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:15 am
by actioninja
You're missing the third option which is that trump is a total moron and just wants to do it because it screws over the tech companies that he thinks are biased against him.

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:19 am
by XivilaiAnaxes
Trump is basically just going crazy after losing, like the T1000 in the steel vat.

Don't take anything he says or does right now as serious long-term GOP strategy.

Or if you want to assume 3D chess approach you could say he's trying to make 230 a 'Trump' idea so the democrats automatically have to take the opposite approach and leave it alone.

But really:
actioninja wrote:You're missing the third option which is that trump is a total moron and just wants to do it because it screws over the tech companies that he thinks are biased against him.

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:59 am
by Timonk
Grazyn, are you really THAT dense?

Let me spell it out for you.
tg is affected too and will likely shut down its US servers to prevent huge DEBTS, because there is no way to pick up on everything people could say in OOC. This affects our precious forum too. No more access for Americans (probably) without a VPN. social media, heck, all websites with user created content will likely shut down in America.

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:26 am
by Grazyn
Timonk wrote:Grazyn, are you really THAT dense?

Let me spell it out for you.
tg is affected too and will likely shut down its US servers to prevent huge DEBTS, because there is no way to pick up on everything people could say in OOC. This affects our precious forum too. No more access for Americans (probably) without a VPN. social media, heck, all websites with user created content will likely shut down in America.

I was under the impression that forums are useless for meaningful discussion, which happens elsewhere. And if OOC is so precious why is there an in-game option to disable it? Not to mention all the SS13 servers which have it disabled by default.

Also this all sounds afwully similar to the big end-of-the-world scare from last year when Europe introduced its controversial new copyright law. Well look at that, nothing changed

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:02 am
by Timonk
how about

IC is gonna be disabled too because you can still yell racist slurs there and if someone happens to be of that race they can sue MSO for that
also wizard names
also signs
also graffitti
also IC names like adolf hitler
also everything that users can influence

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:03 am
by Timonk
also dont come with the argument "hurr durr just use the filter"

ever heard of adolt hidler?
or Jewseph Stallin?

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:52 am
by Grazyn
So you're telling me that section 230 was the only thing keeping user interactions with the internet alive? Because this also kills multiplayer gaming altogether (doesn't matter if they remove chat, VoIP and even custom nicknames, I can still write "KILL JEWS" with bullet marks), also any single player game with user generated content (mods? forget them, they could be named something racist), also everything else from github (well any web-based public workspace will have to shut down really) to comments, user reviews, etc. on every site, amazon, ebay, you name it. And obviously social networks and instant messaging web services will disappear overnight. Basically a Thanos snap back to 1991 with the repeal of a single law. Seems realistic.

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:15 am
by Timonk
unless someone develops an ungodly filter that picks up the slightest amount of bigotry, yes.

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:17 am
by Timonk
Wikipedia on section 230 wrote:The passage and subsequent legal history supporting the constitutionality of Section 230 have been considered essential to the growth of Internet through the early part of the 21st century. Coupled with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) of 1998, Section 230 provides internet service providers safe harbors to operate as intermediaries of content without fear of being liable for that content as long as they take reasonable steps to delete or prevent access to that content.

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:20 am
by Grazyn
Let me get this straight, you guys think it's far-fetched that the GOP will use some controversial legal loophole to keep Trump in the White House because it's not worth the backlash, but at the same time you believe they will be totally on board with destroying a multitrillion-dollar industry because... some people on Twitter were mean to Trump?

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:25 am
by Timonk
i didnt say any of this

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:32 am
by Grazyn
Timonk wrote:i didnt say any of this

You didn't but there's a lot of scared people in here who seem to believe this has a non-zero chance of happening

Trump can only veto, he can't force it. They can stall it and wait for Biden to take over, and even if Trump stays president, it still requires real, living human beings to vote for something that will destroy the economy more than a thousand covid plagues

Re: Rip trump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:53 pm
by Rohen_Tahir
Grazyn wrote:Let me get this straight, you guys think it's far-fetched that the GOP will use some controversial legal loophole to keep Trump in the White House because it's not worth the backlash, but at the same time you believe they will be totally on board with destroying a multitrillion-dollar industry because... some people on Twitter were mean to Trump?

Both parties support a 230 repeal. There will be no consequences because no other parties matter.