Week ban peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Week ban peanut

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #587982

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28308

I banned you from head roles for a week and didn't bother to reply to your appeal for the entire ban length so sucked in I guess lmfao
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: Week ban peanut

Post by Malkraz » #587992

based
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
ShibaInuLord
Byond Username: ShibaInuLord

Post by ShibaInuLord » #587998

amazing
I play a retard called Deana Whittler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #588002

I got week banned and i didnt appeal it and i recieved the same result for less effort
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #588019

"Technically you broke the rule even if you went to the effort of making someone else HoS, which is the whole reason behind the rule - that means I had to week ban you"

Lol
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #588023

It felt bad when he replied after the ban was already over despite being active during the week playing ss13. Ouch/
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #588027

why hasn't this guy filed a complaint? Motherfucker ghosted him until the ban was over! For fucks sake he couldn't even be bothered to say something along the lines of "I'll take a look at this in a few days"
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #588030

Yeah honestly this is the ban appeal I'd make a complaint about.

Not just for the shit ban (Seriously, I expected this to be a 'yeah you weren't online I wanted you on the forum' he actually upheld a fucking week ban for this???) but because he just didn't fucking bother to reply until after it expired.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #588031

Can't believe admins have lifes, when will they start working harder for what we pay them for? Smh
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #588032

Bruh if he's active playing the game he can reply to a damn ban appeal. Its not a "sorry I was busy" when he's clearly not 'that' busy.
thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #588033

MortoSasye wrote:Can't believe admins have lifes, when will they start working harder for what we pay them for? Smh
If you can't be bothered to say "I'll take a look at this in a few days" you shouldn't be an admin
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #588037

MortoSasye wrote:Can't believe admins have lifes, when will they start working harder for what we pay them for? Smh
https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/thunder12345

Soo busy irl
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #588046

>1678 rounds played
>90% of them under a staticname
► Show Spoiler
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #588053

This isn't a very good experience for the banned player and there's lots of things Thunder could've done to improve it.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #588059

The administration here got all responsible and considerate at some point apparently
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #588080

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Bruh if he's active playing the game he can reply to a damn ban appeal. Its not a "sorry I was busy" when he's clearly not 'that' busy.
Sorry, I forgot admins can't play and destress /s
thehogshotgun wrote:
If you can't be bothered to say "I'll take a look at this in a few days" you shouldn't be an admin
Sometimes admins have periods of time in which they aren't actively adminning. I would agree if they were always doing this.

There are literally staff members that connect once every 3 months and talk once per year on the discord server.
NSFW:
thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #588085

MortoSasye wrote:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Bruh if he's active playing the game he can reply to a damn ban appeal. Its not a "sorry I was busy" when he's clearly not 'that' busy.
thehogshotgun wrote:
Sometimes admins have periods of time in which they aren't actively adminning. I would agree if they were always doing this.

There are literally staff members that connect once every 3 months and talk once per year on the discord server.
The mental gymnastics you are going through to rationalize that admins can do no wrong is astonishing. They adminned and banned someone for a week. That had enough free time to play a few games every day. They didn’t respond to the appeal during the ban length (keep in mind they were playing on tg for the entirety of the ban length)
MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #588092

thehogshotgun wrote:
The mental gymnastics you are going through to rationalize that admins can do no wrong is astonishing. They adminned and banned someone for a week. That had enough free time to play a few games every day. They didn’t respond to the appeal during the ban length (keep in mind they were playing on tg for the entirety of the ban length)
My dear, I have been here a long time now, and was a head admin at one point. I ain't saying admins can do no wrong. I mean that you're looking for professionalism in a voluntary position.

Admins are not being paid, are subject to verbal abuse and harassment, and still try to help the community with their part. If they decided to take a break and play after banning someone, this one time, then it is not the big thing you're painting it to be.

Now, if you told me that this is something they always do then yes, you would absolutely be right that they should step down.

Consider multiple factors instead of focusing in one and running with it.
NSFW:
thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #588094

MortoSasye wrote:
thehogshotgun wrote:
My dear, I have been here a long time now, and was a head admin at one point. I ain't saying admins can do no wrong. I mean that you're looking for professionalism in a voluntary position.

Admins are not being paid, are subject to verbal abuse and harassment, and still try to help the community with their part. If they decided to take a break and play after banning someone, this one time, then it is not the big thing you're painting it to be.

Now, if you told me that this is something they always do then yes, you would absolutely be right that they should step down.

Consider multiple factors instead of focusing in one and running with it.

Bootlick desperately trying to avoid the truth that the jannie he is defending is in the wrong
MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #588095

thehogshotgun wrote: Bootlick desperately trying to avoid the truth that the jannie he is defending is in the wrong
Kek, didn't knew what to say so you resorted to insults.

NSFW:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #588096

Say what you will but it’s a bad feeling to appeal something as straight forward as this and basically get left on read for the entirety of the ban. Also he did make an effort to designate someone else, so week ban feels a little harsh, although sadly is protected by the rules.

Mind you though, I’m not saying thunder should be crucified or even punished for not responding for a week - the first thing they did was apologize of course. Just not very surprising if people complain for a bit.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #588106

This will be an admin complaint when the thread gets locked. I appreciate he said sorry but this is not good admin conduct. I have no issue with the appeal itself being denied. It was left a week however whilst he played in game. I even attempted to talk to him in occ a few times. (he didn't respond to any of my messages shocking). This is a clear cut example of him ignoring it for some reason until it had already expired.

Here is an example after thunder did ick ock on a cult round.

08:43:11 OOC Kieth4/(Harvester (118)) "ban for 7 days" (88, 104, 2) Medbay Central
08:43:13 OOC LEDDriver/(Harvester (929)) "its ok you are admin" (75, 82, 2) Abandoned Medbay
08:43:43 OOC Tlaltecuhtli/(Brick Carr) "and extend the ban until thunder esponds"

The messages here are the quickest and first example I can find but it is a clear reference to the ban appeal.
metroid1310
Byond Username: Metroid1310

Post by metroid1310 » #588152

MortoSasye wrote: My dear, I have been here a long time now, and was a head admin at one point. I ain't saying admins can do no wrong. I mean that you're looking for professionalism in a voluntary position.
Admins are not being paid, are subject to verbal abuse and harassment, and still try to help the community with their part.
If you take a position of authority, misuse it (whether due to malice or incompetence), and don't hold yourself accountable or to reasonable standards of conduct, I don't care that you aren't being paid, I care that you're an active detriment to your community.
Doing it for free doesn't excuse shitty behavior.
Yes, admins are human and will inevitably err, and depending on the circumstances this can be understandable. Perfection isn't to be expected, nor is total professionalism, but there has to be an actual standard or it looks like admins are just a higher caste who can do whatever they so please with only the risk of, at worst, a slap on the wrist for, say, cavalierly banning someone and totally disregarding actually dealing with the situation appropriately when that person challenges the ruling.

Refusing to hold people accountable, morally or professionally, just because they aren't actually being paid, especially in cases where there's only the flimsiest of excuses to be made in their defense is asinine.
"they do it for free" doesn't excuse "it" being a shit job. either hold yourself and your peers to a proper standard or don't take up a position of authority.
Spoiler:
If my friend got someone to kick me in the nuts, then said the person who did it did it for free, why would that make me feel better?
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #588154

MortoSasye wrote:
That argument doesn't fly with me, if someone's sitting around waiting for you to do something for them that's time sensitive and you don't do it for them - that's on you. Sure, you can have something important happen - but you can't turn around and say "that something important was playing video games where that person can talk at/to them and clearly see they're being ignored". Hell if he was playing ANYTHING that wasn't tg, the player wouldn't see him not giving a shit and wouldn't feel like an idiot. Either the admin let him down or the system isn't working - if admins are too busy to even look at it they should let other admins do it for them, same way retired ones do.

He didn't even get an in detail response worth waiting a week for - just a copy paste of the rule page "Look it says in the rules that I can ban you for this". Which comes to the other point - the ban is utter nonsense. The admin doesn't point out that he has a history of doing this, so if that changes you can disregard the rest of this. This guy didn't "pick a head role then alt f4", he went "oh shit I gotta go, I'll assign a replacement then leave". But he gets a week ban because "um sweetie you resolved it IC instead of OOC I have to ban you now :)". How is banning him not "HA I found someone to ban lets hit him with a week"? Admin's response is even just "see you broke a rule it wasn't 'inappropriate' to ban you". Straight up definition of a banbot ban - no interest in "this will make the server better", just "oh buddy you didn't abide by 'the rules' it's GO TIME".
Last edited by XivilaiAnaxes on Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #588155

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
MortoSasye wrote:
That argument doesn't fly with me, if someone's sitting around waiting for you to do something for them that's time sensitive and you don't do it for them - that's on you. Sure, you can have something important happen - but you can't turn around and say "that something important was playing video games where that person can talk at/to them and clearly see they're being ignored". Hell if he was playing ANYTHING that wasn't tg, the player wouldn't see him not giving a shit and wouldn't feel like an idiot.

He didn't even get an in detail response worth waiting a week for - just a copy paste of the rule page "Look it says in the rules that I can ban you for this". Which comes to the other point - the ban is utter nonsense. The admin doesn't point out that he has a history of doing this, so if that changes you can disregard the rest of this. This guy didn't "pick a head role then alt f4", he went "oh shit I gotta go, I'll assign a replacement then leave". But he gets a week ban because "um sweetie you resolved it IC instead of OOC I have to ban you now :)". How is banning him not "HA I found someone to ban lets hit him with a week"? Admin's response is even just "see you broke a rule it wasn't 'inappropriate' to ban you". Straight up definition of a banbot ban - no interest in "this will make the server better", just "oh buddy you didn't abide by 'the rules' it's GO TIME".
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #588156

you forgot to uwu-fy it
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #588157

terranaut wrote:you forgot to uwu-fy it
Shut the fuck up ERPer
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #588158

Xiv speaks the truth.
► Show Spoiler
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #588179

Your "time as headmin" is probably the last thing you should be putting on a resume Morto we all know how it went
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #588182

That awgument d-doesn't fwy with me, if someonye's s-s-sitting awound waiting fow you t-to do something fow them t-t-that's time sensitive and you don't do i-it fow them - t-t-that's on you. *sweats* Suwe, you c-can have something impowtant h-happen - but you can't tuwn awound and say *sees buldge* "that something impowtant was pwaying v-v-video games whewe that pewson c-can tawk at/to them and cweawwy see they'we b-being ignyowed". Heww if he was pwaying ANYTHING that wasn't tg, *huggles tightly* the x3 pwayew wouwdn't see him nyot giving a shit and wouwdn't feew wike *whispers to self* an idiot. *huggles tightly* Eithew the x3 admin wet him d-d-down ow (・`ω´・) the x3 system isn't w-wowking - if admins awe too *sees buldge* busy *sweats* t-to even owo w-wook at i-it they shouwd wet othew admins do i-it fow them, same w-way wetiwed onyes do.

He didn't *sweats* even owo get an in detaiw wesponse wowth waiting a week fow - just *blushes* a copy paste of the x3 wuwe page "-"-"Wook i-it says in the x3 wuwes that I c-can ban :3 you fow t-t-this". Which comes t-to the x3 othew point - the x3 ban :3 is uttew nyonsense. the *sees buldge* admin d-doesn't point out that he has a histowy of d-d-doing this, so if that changes you c-can d-diswegawd the x3 west ;;w;; of this. This guy didn't *sweats* "pick a head wowe then awt *sweats* f4", he went >w< "oh shit I gotta go, I'ww assign a wepwacement then weave". But he gets a week ban :3 because "um sweetie you wesowved i-it IC instead of OOC I have t-to ban :3 you nyow *whispers to self* :)". How is bannying *sees buldge* him nyot "HA I found someonye ^w^ t-to ban :3 wets hit him with a week"!!11 Admin's wesponse is even owo just *blushes* "see you bwoke a wuwe i-it wasn't 'inyappwopwiate' t-to ban :3 you". *sees buldge* stwaight *sweats* up definyition of a b-b-banbot ban :3 - nyo i-intewest in "this wiww make the x3 sewvew bettew", just *blushes* "oh buddy you didn't *sweats* a-abide by 'the w-wuwes' it's GO TIME".
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #588183

based
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #588553

Lmao swept under the rug
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #588556

i would have banned this fucker permanently for getting unbanned
thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #588565

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Lmao swept under the rug

F mothafuckers actually did it they actually swept it under le rug
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #588574

oranges wrote:That awgument d-doesn't fwy with me, if someonye's s-s-sitting awound waiting fow you t-to do something fow them t-t-that's time sensitive and you don't do i-it fow them - t-t-that's on you. *sweats* Suwe, you c-can have something impowtant h-happen - but you can't tuwn awound and say *sees buldge* "that something impowtant was pwaying v-v-video games whewe that pewson c-can tawk at/to them and cweawwy see they'we b-being ignyowed". Heww if he was pwaying ANYTHING that wasn't tg, *huggles tightly* the x3 pwayew wouwdn't see him nyot giving a shit and wouwdn't feew wike *whispers to self* an idiot. *huggles tightly* Eithew the x3 admin wet him d-d-down ow (・`ω´・) the x3 system isn't w-wowking - if admins awe too *sees buldge* busy *sweats* t-to even owo w-wook at i-it they shouwd wet othew admins do i-it fow them, same w-way wetiwed onyes do.

He didn't *sweats* even owo get an in detaiw wesponse wowth waiting a week fow - just *blushes* a copy paste of the x3 wuwe page "-"-"Wook i-it says in the x3 wuwes that I c-can ban :3 you fow t-t-this". Which comes t-to the x3 othew point - the x3 ban :3 is uttew nyonsense. the *sees buldge* admin d-doesn't point out that he has a histowy of d-d-doing this, so if that changes you c-can d-diswegawd the x3 west ;;w;; of this. This guy didn't *sweats* "pick a head wowe then awt *sweats* f4", he went >w< "oh shit I gotta go, I'ww assign a wepwacement then weave". But he gets a week ban :3 because "um sweetie you wesowved i-it IC instead of OOC I have t-to ban :3 you nyow *whispers to self* :)". How is bannying *sees buldge* him nyot "HA I found someonye ^w^ t-to ban :3 wets hit him with a week"!!11 Admin's wesponse is even owo just *blushes* "see you bwoke a wuwe i-it wasn't 'inyappwopwiate' t-to ban :3 you". *sees buldge* stwaight *sweats* up definyition of a b-b-banbot ban :3 - nyo i-intewest in "this wiww make the x3 sewvew bettew", just *blushes* "oh buddy you didn't *sweats* a-abide by 'the w-wuwes' it's GO TIME".
this is why I call him daddy oranges

also its not hard to ahelp, type out "gotta go please offer my body to ghosts" and then dip. thats literally all you hae to do.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #588584

The admins will give you a note for consideration in future punishments and try to track you down to give you a warning if you have to go AFK for a long period of time or stop playing abruptly without having the time or remembering to send them a message first. It didn't used to be like this, but nowadays events in your life having more urgency than the time it takes to tell the admins goodnight is something you will come to regret. If the admin Stickymayhem would preach consequentialism instead of veganism in adminbus maybe the other admins wouldn't have this problem with their thinking. Maybe somebody could code something that keeps track of people who have gone AFK. I don't know. I'm just a box in a cage on a near-empty station tired of dealing with a BPD captain. I'm sorry. I should've known better than to close that window without asking my leave of you, Vekter.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #589105

If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #589182

Clean it up Jannies, Clean it up Jannies, Clean it up Jannies, Clean it up Jannies, Clean it up Jannies, Clean it up Jannies, Clean it up Jannies, Clean it up Jannies (x6)

Spoiler: