Free Manuel Party Peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Free Manuel Party Peanut

Post by Thunder11 » #590279

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://pastebin.com/QzngW3A4

Discuss
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Re: Free Manuel Party Peanut

Post by Misdoubtful » #590605

Yeah it does seem like most people agree that other servers have suffered a decline in some areas. But how would cutting it off improve things? The change has already happened. There's no going back.

Cutting it off to its own codebase would be suicide though. What would make it different from many downstreams?

Having separate administrations like is wanted would also be difficult. That could evolve to being two separate communities both fighting to contribute to the same code and reacting to what's there with completely different policy. What a nightmare that would be.

It's just, not the same case as things like tgmc.
Hugs
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #590606

tlal is quickly rising in the ranks of the fmp, some say hes going to have a landslide victory at the primaries

politically observing,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #590607

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:I don’t think we should set Manuel free with its own administration, and definitely not it’s own codebase (I know that’s not what you said but some people throw the idea around). The idea is that it’s simply a higher roleplay experience than our normal servers, and that doesn’t require anything independent. All servers utilizing the same set of headmins keeps them decently close together in policy, and sort of cross pollute one another. Who knows, down the line manuel might actually end up increasing the roleplay levels for our other servers, which I don’t think would be a bad thing. Of course the fear is that “hugbox policies” will leak into LRP, but if they end up being common sense things like restricting lowpop murderbone and validhunting then I can’t say I’ll be upset.
So far RP level, at least on Terry, has been in decline for quite a while.
Is this something that you'd like to see change? What has the decline on Terry looked like, from your perspective? What do you think would improve Terry's RP?
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #590610

Literally I think everyone would vote for tlal if he ran.
VOTE TLAL
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #590611

I think RP decreased on the other servers from Manuel because A: the initial migration of roleplay partial people to it. I also think it sort of just passively steals away roleplay minded people since it is advertised as such, and at the same time the lack of such a label on LRP servers ends up attracting shitters to LRP who think they can do whatever they want. Sybil IMO has suffered the most from this, bagil is just kinda consistenly shitty, can't speak for terry.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #590617

It’s kinda a shame the only way we could get a clamp on chain murderboning every round to the point where most people instantly gear up is by attaching a bunch of other MRP hoopla to make it distinct enough or whatever, meaning now I have to deal with people interested in playing 4+ hour rounds if I want to get away from individuals who get their kicks from rolling the bad guy and using it in the most cheese way possible to try to eliminate the crew EVERY SINGLE ROUND they are antag, and there’s enough of these individuals it never feels like you actually get a break.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #590620

Cobby wrote:It’s kinda a shame the only way we could get a clamp on chain murderboning every round to the point where most people instantly gear up is by attaching a bunch of other MRP hoopla to make it distinct enough or whatever, meaning now I have to deal with people interested in playing 4+ hour rounds if I want to get away from individuals who get their kicks from rolling the bad guy and using it in the most cheese way possible to try to eliminate the crew EVERY SINGLE ROUND they are antag, and there’s enough of these individuals it never feels like you actually get a break.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
pugie

Post by pugie » #590625

Top of their class, world renowned coder and maintainer uses impact font memes.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #590626

Just flesh out its standards so admins like Thunder don't have to be confused about how to administrate it when they go there for some reason and end up making threads calling for it to be jettisoned from mainstream /tg/, dooming it to be a weird niche thing for furries and pussies.

Long rounds are so much better than the usual 40 minute fuckfests where you're lucky if you can complete your job let alone get to enjoy anything from it and the MRP standards are better because people react in character instead of treating it like a game, which makes it more fun.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #590627

I do not trust the manuel metagame discord to properly administrate a server.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #590628

Cobby wrote:It’s kinda a shame the only way we could get a clamp on chain murderboning every round to the point where most people instantly gear up is by attaching a bunch of other MRP hoopla to make it distinct enough or whatever, meaning now I have to deal with people interested in playing 4+ hour rounds if I want to get away from individuals who get their kicks from rolling the bad guy and using it in the most cheese way possible to try to eliminate the crew EVERY SINGLE ROUND they are antag, and there’s enough of these individuals it never feels like you actually get a break.
yeah this tbh
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #590629

pugie wrote:Top of their class, world renowned coder and maintainer uses impact font memes.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #590631

RaveRadbury wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:I don’t think we should set Manuel free with its own administration, and definitely not it’s own codebase (I know that’s not what you said but some people throw the idea around). The idea is that it’s simply a higher roleplay experience than our normal servers, and that doesn’t require anything independent. All servers utilizing the same set of headmins keeps them decently close together in policy, and sort of cross pollute one another. Who knows, down the line manuel might actually end up increasing the roleplay levels for our other servers, which I don’t think would be a bad thing. Of course the fear is that “hugbox policies” will leak into LRP, but if they end up being common sense things like restricting lowpop murderbone and validhunting then I can’t say I’ll be upset.
So far RP level, at least on Terry, has been in decline for quite a while.
Is this something that you'd like to see change? What has the decline on Terry looked like, from your perspective? What do you think would improve Terry's RP?
1. Yes. 2. Roleplay right now is more or less equivalent to NoRP with "round" worldfiltered into "shift" and "admin" worldfiltered into "centcom". This didn't use to be the case. 3. 23
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #590634

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote: So far RP level, at least on Terry, has been in decline for quite a while.
1. Yes. 2. Roleplay right now is more or less equivalent to NoRP with "round" worldfiltered into "shift" and "admin" worldfiltered into "centcom". This didn't use to be the case. 3. 23
Would you be willing to elaborate on what your roleplay ideals are? You've got my attention and likely the attention of others, please effortpost.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #590636

when did terry rp decline? are you talking about when there were like 4 people doing 12h rounds cause everyone played bagil?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #590640

Terry was always hippie level though, bagil and sybil weren't at one point because they existed long before hippie died
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #590644

RaveRadbury wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote: So far RP level, at least on Terry, has been in decline for quite a while.
Would you be willing to elaborate on what your roleplay ideals are? You've got my attention and likely the attention of others, please effortpost.
I dunno but "pray to centcom", "it's revs" and "nukies shift" certainly aren't things that belong in IC chat. If I remember correctly stuff this egregious wasn't a common sight around 1 year ago.

Edit: Also ideally most people shouldn't let you saw through their bones with no anesthetic/morphine, near-mute idiot HoS should be the exception and not the rule, and trials should happen sometimes, but those are impossible on LRP anyways so this is the useless kind of feedback.
Last edited by Rohen_Tahir on Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #590645

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:
I dunno but "pray to centcom", "it's revs" and "nukies shift" certainly aren't things that belong in IC chat. If I remember correctly stuff this egregious wasn't a common sight around 1 year ago.
Haha, remember when admins would bwoink you for it's revs instead of there are revs
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #590646

Do they not anymore? I do.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #590647

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT, THAT'S THE SPIRIT!
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #590649

i do when im not busy with something else, because its not even accurate anymore
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #590679

Rohen_Tahir wrote:trials should happen sometimes, but those are impossible on LRP anyways so this is the useless kind of feedback.
That’s what makes me so sad. We used to have trials on Sybil a few years back when I first started playing. But since Manuel, we’ve seen the following:

1. Regular Servers saw a drop in willingness to RP
2. Designated MRP server became a wannabe-HRP hugbox

I wish I had statistics or evidence to back up what I’m feeling, but I’m trying my hardest to keep my nostalgia glasses off here.
► Show Spoiler
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #590688

sybil pre-manuel was the best roleplay tg has ever had, its a shame the way history went

<--- talking out of ass and through the same nostalgia goggles

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #590689

Farquaar wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:trials should happen sometimes, but those are impossible on LRP anyways so this is the useless kind of feedback.
That’s what makes me so sad. We used to have trials on Sybil a few years back when I first started playing. But since Manuel, we’ve seen the following:

I wish I had statistics or evidence to back up what I’m feeling, but I’m trying my hardest to keep my nostalgia glasses off here.

hey hey I had a trial a couple rounds back on sybil (course, that's like a month ago with how often I play haha) where I was a mediborg and professional:tm: lawyer:tm: to a man just trying to spread the truth
trials on sybil are few and far between but god are they enjoyable when they actually happen - I just think you need people to actually push for them to occur. Be the one to push for it. (eg: hop or hos or cap)
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #590690

anecdotally i feel trials happen just as much on bagil today as they used to, which is to basically back up what omega said with that theyre very rare but very funny

i bet if i was truly dedicated i could scrape say logs and get an accurate number though :)

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #590722

Trials can happen on any server, you just have to have lawyers that actually try and do the job rather than doing assistant things.
pugie

Post by pugie » #590730

Trials wouldn't be nearly as funny as they are if they happened more than twice a year on any given server.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #590763

This whole thread stinks but I just wanted to point out I never met anyone who unironically wants 4 hour rounds, I think most people would appreciate something inbetween a 15 minutes dynamic wizard+blood cult round and a 2 hours snoozefest where nothing happens
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #590765

Give me a 2 hour wakefest where something happens but the death toll isn't over half and something important doesn't explode in a way that asks way too much effort to ever be repaired and continues to be an annoyance and the perfect excuse to call the shuttle for the rest of the round
NSFW:

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #590802

Terry whine if you tell them that "go do bar rp" is not ic
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #590811

pugie wrote:Trials wouldn't be nearly as funny as they are if they happened more than twice a year on any given server.
But, what about the once a month meme flavor of the month trials?
Hugs
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #590812

bar rp is ic how else manelds do it?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #590814

I was barpeeing on Manuel last night with a moth talking to the bartender about things like the shitstain on his pillow and a transpecies lizardwoman who happened to be my valentine that round. The bartender made me a Muana Loa which burnt all my access off and along with a Dynamic spider, crit me. Later an admin accused me of spreading all-access.
NSFW:

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #590822

youre making manuel sound cooler than it is

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #590856

My mistake was giving the spider the benefit of the doubt. Robustness is reactionary. We should hear the simple_mobs out.
NSFW:

Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #590901

Oranges got stood up for Bar RP on Manuel. Clearly something is very WRONG.
Hugs
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #590917

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #590919

Terry players lowered the bar so much we lost it
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #590960

Yeah, it can be difficult finding your way on maps that are new to you. Especially KiloStation.
NSFW:

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #590978

they didn't have a bartender, so I thought it was just the library, but not a single crewmember on the crew tried to help me find the bar when I asked.

I'm not sure what kind of roleplay they do there, but it must be psionic cause they don't say shit
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #590980

i wouldnt have stood you up. come back to bagil..
yes..

ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #591055

My favorite type of bar rp is where I go in as a plasmeme, ask whoever is running the bar what the optimal alcohols is, and then immediately start chugging as much as I can before I fall into crit from bursting into flames and suffocating.

It's a good time.
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #591058

ArcaneDefence wrote:My favorite type of bar rp is where I go in as a plasmeme, ask whoever is running the bar what the optimal alcohols is, and then immediately start chugging as much as I can before I fall into crit from bursting into flames and suffocating.

It's a good time.
>Barkeep doesn't cut you off
failrp
► Show Spoiler
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #591081

What are they gonna do, grab all the drinks before I get two in my hands? Shoot me with a fucking beanbag?
Please, I challenge anyone that witnesses me doing this to pull that off, as my sides would be in orbit
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #591082

ArcaneDefence wrote:What are they gonna do, grab all the drinks before I get two in my hands? Shoot me with a fucking beanbag?
Please, I challenge anyone that witnesses me doing this to pull that off, as my sides would be in orbit
>Barkeep scatters drinks on the counter instead of making them to order
Also failrp
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #591157

Bartender shoots you in the liver to protect the alcohol
NSFW:

usnpeepoo
Byond Username: Usnpeepoo

Post by usnpeepoo » #593380

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:
Farquaar wrote:

hey hey I had a trial a couple rounds back on sybil (course, that's like a month ago with how often I play haha) where I was a mediborg and professional:tm: lawyer:tm: to a man just trying to spread the truth
trials on sybil are few and far between but god are they enjoyable when they actually happen - I just think you need people to actually push for them to occur. Be the one to push for it. (eg: hop or hos or cap)
thank you for making sure that everybody knew that he was the traitor for some reason i couldn't speak at random times due to hardcore character roll that was an awesome round since it was insane trying to explain how a prisoner who killed me when i was a monkey, and almost killed the hos in interrogation with a desword but was stopped by me and him.