>>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.

Moderator: testing123

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby oranges » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:31 am #590859

No, just aware that if society bans clowns and you make a libertarian speech forum that also allows clowns you'll end up with 7 million clowns and 3 die hard libertarians.



PostThis post was deleted by Armhulen on Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:37 am.
Reason: global rule 1

User avatar
Rohen_Tahir
 
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Location: Chungus planet
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Rohen_Tahir » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:42 am #590865

oranges wrote:No, just aware that if society bans clowns and you make a libertarian speech forum that also allows clowns you'll end up with 7 million clowns and 3 die hard libertarians.

Le antisemistim number, unwholesome, I'm downvoting and reporting your post you jew-hating citrus

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby cacogen » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:01 am #590870

saprasam wrote:
chesse20 wrote:if someone used a transphobic slur in my discord i'd tell them to write a 6 page essay on the trangender rights movement and mute them until they finished it and sent it to me but the tgstation discord isn't my discord

this makes everything worse just by doing this
you are stupid

I think they want to educate them on the issues they know nothing about to try to increase the likelihood that they drop the bigotry but like me these people can't read and they also have no interest in learning about things they've already decided to hate, unless it's cherrypicked anecdotes that confirm their biases (like what you see posted off-topic on 4chan daily). At the same time though even if the expectation were realistic forcing people to accept your point of view as fact (even if it is) obviously doesn't work. You need to persuade them or at least try to find some common ground. And the issue isn't transgenderism, the issue is internalised shame and social stigma.

oranges wrote:man if only someone was willing to stand up for bigots and racists.

Bigots and racists are tough and cool enough to stand up for themselves. I'm kidding, of course.

BONERMASTER wrote:
oranges wrote:man if only someone was willing to stand up for bigots and racists.

Hmm I wonder why nobody would do that???


Scared?

If you lived up to the values represented by the character in your avatar you wouldn't be here.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
Jaredfogle
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:33 am
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Jaredfogle » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:06 am #590872

cacogen wrote:
saprasam wrote:
chesse20 wrote:if someone used a transphobic slur in my discord i'd tell them to write a 6 page essay on the trangender rights movement and mute them until they finished it and sent it to me but the tgstation discord isn't my discord

this makes everything worse just by doing this
you are stupid

I think they want to educate them on the issues they know nothing about to try to increase the likelihood that they drop the bigotry but like me these people can't read and they also have no interest in learning about things they've already decided to hate, unless it's cherrypicked anecdotes that confirm their biases (like what you see posted off-topic on 4chan daily). At the same time though even if the expectation were realistic forcing people to accept your point of view as fact (even if it is) obviously doesn't work. You need to persuade them or at least try to find some common ground. And the issue isn't transgenderism, the issue is internalised shame and social stigma.


the idea is theyre people you could keep perma banned without losing any sleep. the essay is just in the rare chance they're really dedicated
Mothblocks on Bagil - Say nice things about me

User avatar
Rohen_Tahir
 
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Location: Chungus planet
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Rohen_Tahir » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:16 am #590873

Jaredfogle wrote:
cacogen wrote:
saprasam wrote:
chesse20 wrote:if someone used a transphobic slur in my discord i'd tell them to write a 6 page essay on the trangender rights movement and mute them until they finished it and sent it to me but the tgstation discord isn't my discord

this makes everything worse just by doing this
you are stupid

I think they want to educate them on the issues they know nothing about to try to increase the likelihood that they drop the bigotry but like me these people can't read and they also have no interest in learning about things they've already decided to hate, unless it's cherrypicked anecdotes that confirm their biases (like what you see posted off-topic on 4chan daily). At the same time though even if the expectation were realistic forcing people to accept your point of view as fact (even if it is) obviously doesn't work. You need to persuade them or at least try to find some common ground. And the issue isn't transgenderism, the issue is internalised shame and social stigma.


the idea is theyre people you could keep perma banned without losing any sleep. the essay is just in the rare chance they're really dedicated

Did you forget to switch accounts or are just both uplinked to the Ameritard hivemind?

User avatar
Jaredfogle
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:33 am
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Jaredfogle » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:17 am #590874

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Jaredfogle wrote:
cacogen wrote:
saprasam wrote:
chesse20 wrote:if someone used a transphobic slur in my discord i'd tell them to write a 6 page essay on the trangender rights movement and mute them until they finished it and sent it to me but the tgstation discord isn't my discord

this makes everything worse just by doing this
you are stupid

I think they want to educate them on the issues they know nothing about to try to increase the likelihood that they drop the bigotry but like me these people can't read and they also have no interest in learning about things they've already decided to hate, unless it's cherrypicked anecdotes that confirm their biases (like what you see posted off-topic on 4chan daily). At the same time though even if the expectation were realistic forcing people to accept your point of view as fact (even if it is) obviously doesn't work. You need to persuade them or at least try to find some common ground. And the issue isn't transgenderism, the issue is internalised shame and social stigma.


the idea is theyre people you could keep perma banned without losing any sleep. the essay is just in the rare chance they're really dedicated

Did you forget to switch accounts or are just both uplinked to the Ameritard hivemind?

no just the thought is sort of hillarious to me. i don't think we lose anything perma banning these types of people
Mothblocks on Bagil - Say nice things about me

User avatar
BONERMASTER
 
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby BONERMASTER » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:19 am #590875

cacogen wrote:
BONERMASTER wrote:Scared?

If you lived up to the values represented by the character in your avatar you wouldn't be here.


Watch out, I think a throwing knife is coming your way-
Twottle_Birb responding to jannies in his ban appeal, wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image


Spoiler:
Remember the Takov.

User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Armhulen » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:21 am #590876

>insulting bonermaster for any reason at all

for shame, good man.
Image

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby cacogen » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:29 am #590878

BONERMASTER wrote:
cacogen wrote:
BONERMASTER wrote:Scared?

If you lived up to the values represented by the character in your avatar you wouldn't be here.


Watch out, I think a throwing knife is coming your way-

Why did you cut off? Did it come back at you?
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Qustinnus » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:35 am #590879

why dont we just ban blurbo too and then everything is resolved

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:41 am #590880

This is what u get when u let people into your community
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Rohen_Tahir
 
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Location: Chungus planet
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Rohen_Tahir » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:44 am #590881

Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community

This is definitely one of the posts ever made on the tgstation forums at https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/.

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby cacogen » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:00 am #590883

we post in a community
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:51 am #590885

cacogen wrote:we post in a community

Not for long :?
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Rohen_Tahir
 
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Location: Chungus planet
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Rohen_Tahir » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:53 pm #590891

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanywaaaaaaaaaays...
Jaredfogle wrote:i don't think we lose anything perma banning these types of people

So a person holding certain views invariably excludes the possibility of that person's participation in this community being a net positive for the community? Very interesting, please elaborate on your thought process.

User avatar
Malkraz
 
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Malkraz » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:19 pm #590896

you don't even need to actually hold certain views to be labelled "these types of people"
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby cacogen » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:12 pm #590908

Get in the camp silly
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby oranges » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:46 pm #590915

Rohen_Tahir wrote:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanywaaaaaaaaaays...
Jaredfogle wrote:i don't think we lose anything perma banning these types of people

So a person holding certain views invariably excludes the possibility of that person's participation in this community being a net positive for the community? Very interesting, please elaborate on your thought process.

no need, just observe the results as we are seeing them live right now and notice that neither tinodrima or blurbo have ever offered a net positive

User avatar
Rohen_Tahir
 
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Location: Chungus planet
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Rohen_Tahir » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:23 pm #590920

oranges wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanywaaaaaaaaaays...
Jaredfogle wrote:i don't think we lose anything perma banning these types of people

So a person holding certain views invariably excludes the possibility of that person's participation in this community being a net positive for the community? Very interesting, please elaborate on your thought process.

no need, just observe the results as we are seeing them live right now and notice that neither tinodrima or blurbo have ever offered a net positive

Nice shitpost but proof by example is not valid reasoning.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby oranges » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:23 pm #590931

good enough for me

User avatar
XivilaiAnaxes
 
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 7:13 am
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby XivilaiAnaxes » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:43 pm #590943

Bruh its not that they "hold certain views", it's a lack of basic decorum. You can have whatever views you want and nobody cares until you start spouting them.

Shouting MONDAYS MONDAYS MONDAYS MONDAYS does nothing other than telling others "ignore me, my head was used as a basketball during my youth".
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.

User avatar
Rohen_Tahir
 
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Location: Chungus planet
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Rohen_Tahir » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:10 pm #590946

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Bruh its not that they "hold certain views", it's a lack of basic decorum. You can have whatever views you want and nobody cares until you start spouting them.

Shouting MONDAYS MONDAYS MONDAYS MONDAYS does nothing other than telling others "ignore me, my head was used as a basketball during my youth".

Being british is not an argument.

User avatar
tinodrima7020
 
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:00 am
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby tinodrima7020 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:12 pm #590947

oranges wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanywaaaaaaaaaays...
Jaredfogle wrote:i don't think we lose anything perma banning these types of people

So a person holding certain views invariably excludes the possibility of that person's participation in this community being a net positive for the community? Very interesting, please elaborate on your thought process.

no need, just observe the results as we are seeing them live right now and notice that neither tinodrima or blurbo have ever offered a net positive


By that logic we should remove you as you've never offered a net positive either. In fact I'd say it's a net negative when you keep making and passing garbage changes :oops:

Edit:
Spoiler:
If you actually played the game, you'd be able to create at least one cohesive change to the game you love to peacock about.
Image
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.

User avatar
XivilaiAnaxes
 
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 7:13 am
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby XivilaiAnaxes » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:19 pm #590949

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Bruh its not that they "hold certain views", it's a lack of basic decorum. You can have whatever views you want and nobody cares until you start spouting them.

Shouting MONDAYS MONDAYS MONDAYS MONDAYS does nothing other than telling others "ignore me, my head was used as a basketball during my youth".

Being british is not an argument.

Man what
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Screemonster » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:48 am #590955

oranges wrote:No, just aware that if society bans clowns and you make a libertarian speech forum that also allows clowns you'll end up with 7 million clowns and 3 die hard libertarians.

so 7,000,003 clowns 8-)

User avatar
Malkraz
 
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Malkraz » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:47 am #590965

"lack of decorum" is a new one i'll give u that
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you

User avatar
iwishforducks
 
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:48 pm
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby iwishforducks » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:52 am #590967

awesome 100 more replies than my last peanut thread im rising up the ranks quick :D :D :D :D
im gay (and also bugger)

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby PKPenguin321 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:06 am #590970

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community

This is definitely one of the posts ever made on the tgstation forums at https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/.

i cannot refute either of these statements, they are objectively correct
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby oranges » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:02 am #590977

noticed you ignored my post about deleting the thread pkp

User avatar
Vekter
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:25 pm
Location: Fucking around with the engine.
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Vekter » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:57 am #590989

So then I guess it's safe to say that everyone else saying "tranny" and "nigger" also hold prejudice against transsexuals and black people


Image

you just straight up admitted that this is indeed a targeted ban, rather than a comprehensive enforcement of a vague rule.


I didn't ban you.

And no, I don't hold serious prejudice against trans people, I've held conversations with trans members in the channel just fine without insulting or degrading them.


You don't get bonus points for doing what you're supposed to, nor does it automatically mean you're not prejudiced.

I think I should be able to say slurs along with everyone else because when shitposting in the Shitposting With Politics channels, Shitpost as the Shitposters do, unless slurs are against the rules which I was under the impression they weren't.


I think you shouldn't be able to, not to mention that I think most of the folks that hang out in there are pretty toxic. Mind you, I don't make the rules and I'll uphold them as they're written, but I'm also allowed to disagree with them at the same time.

Also, I've received this image lately, referencing me as a "halfie". I take offense to that so could you go ahead and remove this member from the community. I am sure there are other biracial members in the community who do not appreciate being belittled for their race.


That's fucked up, I'm not a Discord jannie but I'll point this in their direction.
Image
Image
Image


Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you

User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Armhulen » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:14 am #590991

Blurbo's halfie rant was v. cringe and they should at least be warned because it was a rant about disqualifying mixed race people from being offended by certain slurs
Image

User avatar
MrAlphonzo
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 10:55 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby MrAlphonzo » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:07 am #590992



mfw I try to shitpost without using gamer words for more than one minute
Image
Image
Image
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote:i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on

User avatar
Rohen_Tahir
 
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Location: Chungus planet
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Rohen_Tahir » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:41 am #590993

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Bruh its not that they "hold certain views", it's a lack of basic decorum. You can have whatever views you want and nobody cares until you start spouting them.

Shouting MONDAYS MONDAYS MONDAYS MONDAYS does nothing other than telling others "ignore me, my head was used as a basketball during my youth".

Being british is not an argument.

Man what

This is a forum for a spessmen game where people spamming OOC chat with copypasted trollfaces pre-round and post-round is normal, not the freaking Court of St James's.

User avatar
saprasam
 
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:42 pm
Byond Username: Saprasam

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby saprasam » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:25 am #590994

IkeTG wrote:
saprasam wrote:
chesse20 wrote:if someone used a transphobic slur in my discord i'd tell them to write a 6 page essay on the trangender rights movement and mute them until they finished it and sent it to me but the tgstation discord isn't my discord

this makes everything worse just by doing this

explain how

>le forced 2 do something that they hate
>goes & complains on 4chan and goes "wtf trannies bad"
>stigma against trans people increases in certain communities (da vocal minority!!) which causes shit
there's your reason
just fuckin ban them or whatever same thing but forcing somebody to do something to get back in is and always will be annoying in my mind
Image
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Screemonster » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:47 am #590995

I play elite dangerous and there was a hilarious thread recently about a group that happened to have a discord full of racist nazi shit getting banned from ED because they were scamming new players and all the Free Speech Defenders came out of the woodwork to screech about the slippery slope that if you can people for being racists then what's next huh if a company's allowed to refuse service to a racist in a video game (regardless of whether the racism is the reason to refuse service) then what's next huh are doctors allowed to refuse service because you posted the n word in discord

people were seriously equating "you are actively driving away our other customers and we would rather you not do that" with the idea of it becoming legal for a utility company to refuse you water because of your political views lmao

User avatar
IkeTG
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:03 am
Location: Here, Now
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby IkeTG » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:13 am #590996

saprasam wrote:
IkeTG wrote:
saprasam wrote:
chesse20 wrote:if someone used a transphobic slur in my discord i'd tell them to write a 6 page essay on the trangender rights movement and mute them until they finished it and sent it to me but the tgstation discord isn't my discord

this makes everything worse just by doing this

explain how

>le forced 2 do something that they hate
>goes & complains on 4chan and goes "wtf trannies bad"
>stigma against trans people increases in certain communities (da vocal minority!!) which causes shit
there's your reason
just fuckin ban them or whatever same thing but forcing somebody to do something to get back in is and always will be annoying in my mind

you had this long and this is what you came up with? go to the back of class

User avatar
Malkraz
 
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:20 am
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Malkraz » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:42 am #590999

playing Elite Dangerous should be a bannable offense
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Screemonster » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:43 am #591000

Malkraz wrote:playing Elite Dangerous should be a bannable offense

our punishment is having to play elite dangerous

User avatar
chesse20
 
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:14 am
Byond Username: Laserdog

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby chesse20 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:51 am #591003

saprasam wrote:
IkeTG wrote:
saprasam wrote:
chesse20 wrote:if someone used a transphobic slur in my discord i'd tell them to write a 6 page essay on the trangender rights movement and mute them until they finished it and sent it to me but the tgstation discord isn't my discord

this makes everything worse just by doing this

explain how

>le forced 2 do something that they hate
>goes & complains on 4chan and goes "wtf trannies bad"
>stigma against trans people increases in certain communities (da vocal minority!!) which causes shit
there's your reason
just fuckin ban them or whatever same thing but forcing somebody to do something to get back in is and always will be annoying in my mind

Why aren't your reddit meme arrows green?
ImageImage Image

User avatar
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 am
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Coconutwarrior97 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:15 am #591009

Screemonster wrote:
Malkraz wrote:playing Elite Dangerous should be a bannable offense

our punishment is having to play elite dangerous


the only reason im able to get into it is VR and my friend helped me get started, i had it a few years back but never really got into it

mining with a podcast on or exploring deep space is quite comfy, just did some runs to get engineering mats and am mining to get an anaconda setup for exploration with my friends once odyssey comes out

User avatar
Vekter
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:25 pm
Location: Fucking around with the engine.
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Vekter » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:30 am #591011

Image
Image
Image
Image


Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Screemonster » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:32 am #591012

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:
Screemonster wrote:
Malkraz wrote:playing Elite Dangerous should be a bannable offense

our punishment is having to play elite dangerous


the only reason im able to get into it is VR and my friend helped me get started, i had it a few years back but never really got into it

mining with a podcast on or exploring deep space is quite comfy, just did some runs to get engineering mats and am mining to get an anaconda setup for exploration with my friends once odyssey comes out

I basically grew up on Frontier and Wing Commander and Privateer and so on, for a longass time even after I heard about it I didn't pick it up 'cause the mmo-lite aspect turned me off

like what I really wanted was something with the narrative structure of something like an open-world RPG but flying spaceships, like you couldn't do the sort of "pick which side you want to help for this quest and your choice affects the rest of your playthrough" thing that RPGs have in a multiplayer game

but then the typical story of "all my buddies are playing this and want me to get into it, oh look it's on sale I guess I'll join them, oh no they got bored with it right as I was getting into it" happened

User avatar
XivilaiAnaxes
 
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 7:13 am
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby XivilaiAnaxes » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:37 am #591013

"Oh yeah I banned you after a headmin said go for it"

"I WANT A HEADMIN REVIEW!!!!!!"

Headmin posts.

lmao rekt
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.

User avatar
saprasam
 
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:42 pm
Byond Username: Saprasam

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby saprasam » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:52 pm #591036

IkeTG wrote:
saprasam wrote:
IkeTG wrote:
saprasam wrote:
chesse20 wrote:words

you had this long and this is what you came up with? go to the back of class

i’m a simple man

chesse20 wrote:Why aren't your reddit meme arrows green?

too lazy
Image
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)

User avatar
Denton
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:53 pm
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Denton » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:00 pm #591038

Qustinnus wrote:why dont we just ban blurbo too and then everything is resolved

facts
Image

User avatar
Autismal
 
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:39 am
Byond Username: Mr C0urier

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Autismal » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:43 pm #591089

Vekter wrote:Image

I sure hope you have the same reaction to blurbo and his halfies comment

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby cacogen » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:41 am #591163

It's strange that /tg/station hasn't tried to implement space. Then I could have a game I actually enjoy to listen to podcasts to.

Is halfie offensive because it implies half-black or half-white?
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
trollbreeder
 
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:22 am
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby trollbreeder » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:47 am #591165

cacogen wrote:It's strange that /tg/station hasn't tried to implement space. Then I could have a game I actually enjoy to listen to podcasts to.

Is halfie offensive because it implies half-black or half-white?

what
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Rohen_Tahir
 
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Location: Chungus planet
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: >>>CLICK HERE!<<< discord ban appeal peanut (CATGIRLS!!!)

Postby Rohen_Tahir » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:52 am #591167

trollbreeder wrote:
cacogen wrote:It's strange that /tg/station hasn't tried to implement space. Then I could have a game I actually enjoy to listen to podcasts to.

Is halfie offensive because it implies half-black or half-white?

what

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BONERMASTER, Critawakets, fisentke545