Jackrip complaint peenut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Jackrip complaint peenut

Post by thehogshotgun » #591043

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 42#p591042

I don’t like jackrip, he’s ruined many an antag round of mine but...for fucks sake man this jannie is such a fucking loser
jackrip
Byond Username: Jackrip

Re: Jackrip complaint peenut

Post by jackrip » #591463

dude holy shit all these coders wanting to remove murderboning and wizard lmao
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #591464

jackrip wrote:dude holy shit all these coders wanting to remove murderboning and wizard lmao
how do either benefit the server
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Twaticus

Post by TWATICUS » #591465

jackrip wrote:
TWATICUS wrote:bro stop we dont need another 'remove wiz' discussion dont mention wizard please
Twaticus is well known for murderboning, valid hunting, and power gaming. I especially see them during my timeslot where I am often one of only two or three admins, the EST mornings. During this time, regardless of whether or not I'm playing or adminning, I will see Twaticus at the core of the conflict. If they're an antag, then a lot of people are dying/dead. If not, then they are usually one of the biggest threats to the antagonists. It was to absolutely no one's surprise when Twaticus killed virtually everyone during the round in question following the tradition of another killing spree, while only talking to complain about something or to vent their minor irritation in deadchat between revivals as a changeling. This was at both the station and the evac shuttle.
i would NEVER :ugeek:
ImageImageImage
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #591466

Malkraz wrote:
TheFinalPotato wrote: Murderboners don't succeed because none is good enough to oppose them
No that's exactly why they succeed. You don't need comparable gear to take them on when you have such a massive difference in numbers and a single smart player can do it with tools you can find out in the open around the station. A fire extinguisher, soap, banana cream pie, flash, sunglasses and a bowman headset make anyone with combat knowledge extremely effective at, at the very least, keeping themselves alive while they inform the rest of the crew about the traitor (which they all promptly ignore because it's happening outside a 5-tile radius of them.) Keep potential problem items like the hand tele, AA cards and RD gear safe and secure and as long as you pay attention (ss13 players will never do this) then you'll always be prepared.
You have made my point for me
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
jackrip

Post by jackrip » #591467

Malkraz wrote:jackrip stop trying to justify playing like a cocksucker lmao it's like trying to explain the morality of piracy, just do it if u want to but ur not "helping" anybody.
the rest of u eternally seethe about how you somehow can't beat 1 person when there's fucking 27 of you and an AI. SS13 players have some of the worst gamesense i've ever seen in any game and will often just hold W down 1 tile wide maint hallways after someone with slips and a gun then get confused when they get blasted. If all you Ghost mains do is shit ur pants in the forum u will never be able to prevent people from dumpstering you. Combat in this game is not difficult and a single well used fire extinguisher can completely cuck murderboning, not to mention all the rest of the infinitely more effective tools.
imagine if a single person had tried to dragnet or bola me
or if they had thrown a spear at me

like i said earlier bagil is just in a really bad state, no one knows how combat works and no one knows how to counter anything

their ancestors learned through trial by fire, i did as well. you think lexia black sat me down and taught me how to fight? i was killed hundreds of times. i know no one believes me, but i genuinely believe the only true way to get better is to just practice, thats how i did it. and the only way to practice surviving murder is for someone to try and murder you. that doesn't mean clicking the fastest or being the most accurate its about knowing the tools, counters, and environmental hazards at your disposal.

i know y'all want to hugbox it out and bar rp your way to safety but i promise a knowledgeable crew who understands counters and combat makes for a FAR more entertaining game. that's why everyone talks about 2018 as the bagil golden years
Last edited by jackrip on Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #591468

"woke" npcs deciding which piece of anti fun anti soul propaganda they want spoonfed to them today by the hugbox confederation
[this space reserved]
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #591469

NoxVS wrote:
jackrip wrote:dude holy shit all these coders wanting to remove murderboning and wizard lmao
they are fun

this is a game
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #591470

jackrip wrote:like i said earlier bagil is just in a really bad state, no one knows how combat works and no one knows how to counter anything

their ancestors learned through trial by fire, i did as well. you think lexia black sat me down and taught me how to fight? i was killed hundreds of times. i know no one believes me, but i genuinely believe the only true way to get better is to just practice, thats how i did it. and the only way to practice surviving murder is for someone to try and murder you. that doesn't mean clicking the fastest or being the most accurate its about knowing the tools, counters, and environmental hazards at your disposal.
"people made the game shitty for me so i make it shitty for others"
pack it up folks, thread over, nothing of value left here
not that there ever was
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
jackrip

Post by jackrip » #591471

Cobby wrote:
Capsandi wrote:
Armhulen wrote:I'd rather players maintain a healthy relationship with the game and quit/take breaks when needed instead of trying to force themselves to squeeze a little more dopamine out of the game with unhealthy tactics
This point would be valid if traitors & lings were given a challenge outside of murdering as many crewmen as they can. You dont need to be burnt out to find that greentexting is piss easy. Then its back to "how many people can I kill with a toolbox?"
You're the one opting into these roles, opting into choosing to take the challenge of killing people until you die, yet not opting into taking other challenges because you only see the objective as something you pass/fail (and consequently choosing the most optimal route) when how you complete these tasks could be interesting as well.

In the murderboners defense though its more "logical" i imagine to have fun at the expense of others rather than challenging/debilitating yourself which may result in you yourself sitting out (even funnier is if you were a murderboner, regulars definitely would not let you leave alive which means you're further discouraged to debilitate/challenge yourself).
there is no greater challenge than the extermination of all life
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #591472

if jackrip was a bad faith actor posting this shit with the intent of rallying as many people as possible against murderboning i'd say he's done a fantastic job with all this shit he's said.
thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #591473

I love how you can tell which people got killed by a murderboner in this thread : ) losers
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #591474

jackrip wrote:
Malkraz wrote:jackrip stop trying to justify playing like a cocksucker lmao it's like trying to explain the morality of piracy, just do it if u want to but ur not "helping" anybody.
the rest of u eternally seethe about how you somehow can't beat 1 person when there's fucking 27 of you and an AI. SS13 players have some of the worst gamesense i've ever seen in any game and will often just hold W down 1 tile wide maint hallways after someone with slips and a gun then get confused when they get blasted. If all you Ghost mains do is shit ur pants in the forum u will never be able to prevent people from dumpstering you. Combat in this game is not difficult and a single well used fire extinguisher can completely cuck murderboning, not to mention all the rest of the infinitely more effective tools.
imagine if a single person had tried to dragnet or bola me
or if they had thrown a spear at me

like i said earlier bagil is just in a really bad state, no one knows how combat works and no one knows how to counter anything

You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't. If you want a game that is actually designed around TDM, I suggest TGMC.
that doesn't mean clicking the fastest or being the most accurate its about knowing the tools, counters, and environmental hazards at your disposal.
This is ironic coming from the winner of the toolbox tournament.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
jackrip

Post by jackrip » #591475

NoxVS wrote:
jackrip wrote:like i said earlier bagil is just in a really bad state, no one knows how combat works and no one knows how to counter anything

"people made the game shitty for me so i make it shitty for others"
pack it up folks, thread over, nothing of value left here
not that there ever was
nah, i loved every moment. I look on the days of getting absolutely shit on by lexia / prosper / every other robust staticnamer at the time as my best ss13 years by far

its because of how much better the average round was. it was EXCITING. everyone was skilled and talented and you never knew what someone would do. people came up with new and exciting gimmicks because the limits of ss13 mechanics were being thoroughly explored. having the crew be robust only led to more interesting and dynamic situations / rounds
Last edited by jackrip on Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #591476

NoxVS wrote:
Woah nox cool it with the unallowed thinking
jackrip

Post by jackrip » #591478

NoxVS wrote:
how does the chance at getting to play a rare, super powerful role that is unlike any other gaming experience around benefit the server?

uhh well it gets people to play the game?
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #591479

[youtube]lPGipwoJiOM[/youtube]

You've reached a Le Fishe checkpoint, anon. Congrats on making it this far into the thread. Pull up a seat, and take a break before you continue on your journey.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
ShibaInuLord
Byond Username: ShibaInuLord

Post by ShibaInuLord » #591480

MrAlphonzo wrote:[youtube]lPGipwoJiOM[/youtube]

You've reached a Le Fishe checkpoint, anon. Congrats on making it this far into the thread. Pull up a seat, and take a break before you continue on your journey.
disgusting
I play a retard called Deana Whittler
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #591481

jackrip wrote:
NoxVS wrote:
how does the chance at getting to play a rare, super powerful role that is unlike any other gaming experience around benefit the server?

how does giving a single person, who is equally likely to die an extremely disappointing death or keep everyone else from playing by killing them, having all the power in a round benefit the server
thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #591482

NoxVS wrote:
jackrip wrote:
NoxVS wrote:

how does giving a single person, who is equally likely to die an extremely disappointing death or keep everyone else from playing by killing them, having all the power in a round benefit the server
How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #591483

i probably dont
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #591484

NoxVS wrote:
they're fun to fight & play
now get good and stop boohooing
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #591485

I don't know, but at least you have the self-evaluation skills needed to realize you are not a benefit to the server either.

Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #591486

MrAlphonzo wrote:[youtube]lPGipwoJiOM[/youtube]

CHINA NUMBA ONE
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #591487

TheFinalPotato wrote: You have made my point for me
Leave it to a c*der to think having to secure important items in a game where you know there's people who want to kill you is a bad thing
Make the game eternally green shift or go cope
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #591488

Malkraz wrote:
Leave it to a c*der to think having to secure important items in a game where you know there's people who want to kill you is a bad thing
you shouldn't have to go on a scavenger hunt for gamer gear every round just to keep someone from also going on a scavenger hunt for gamer gear and keeping everyone from playing the game
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #591489

jackrip wrote: i know y'all want to hugbox it out and bar rp your way to safety but i promise a knowledgeable crew who understands counters and combat makes for a FAR more entertaining game. that's why everyone talks about 2018 as the bagil golden years
i dont know why ur replying to me with this when i told everyone else to keep seething about being killed in that same post
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #591490

NoxVS wrote:
Malkraz wrote:
you shouldn't have to go on a scavenger hunt for gamer gear every round just to keep someone from also going on a scavenger hunt for gamer gear and keeping everyone from playing the game
Keep dying while waxing philosophic about how everyone should play like its greenshift every round then lol. There's a fire extinguisher within arm's reach of pretty much everywhere on the station if doing as much as grabbing that is too much self-preservation for your taste then you're a lost cause.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #591491

Jaredfogle wrote:I don't know, but at least you have the self-evaluation skills needed to realize you are not a benefit to the server either.

Complaining that a player is taking a break from the game instead of burning out and murder boning or just being a general cock.

What's your argument here? That you can't post on the forums unless you play daily?

How quickly does Orange remove coder little green names for not contributing their monthly code?
Last edited by chocolate_bickie on Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #591492

thehogshotgun wrote:
*voice drops 8 octaves, chest visibly swells* lol ur a little bitch haahaha suck a candy cane idiot
[this space reserved]
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #591493

chocolate_bickie wrote:-snip-

Complaining that a player is taking a break from the game instead of burning out and murder boning or just being a general cock.
Yes, it is. So is talking direct shit to another person trying to better the game, who was speaking about the game generally. Can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.
chocolate_bikie wrote: How quickly does Orange remove coder little green names for not contributing their monthly code?
I'll be fine.

Last edited by Mothblocks on Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

jackrip

Post by jackrip » #591494

NoxVS wrote:
Malkraz wrote:
im out here killing people with a toolbox they can make a bola from wire cuffs and 5 metal
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #591495

NoxVS wrote:
Malkraz wrote:
make a bola
learn to throw
run away

i can seriously survive any fucking round with like 5 bolas or a dragnet

if you cant learn how to properly defend yourself learn how to at least run the fuck away

this game aint hard

like the guy above me said go eternal greenshift or go home

christ there are so many butthurt people in this thread

the flavor text literally says dieing is part of the game
cope
seethe
cry

go breath into your paper bags god damn
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #591496

The only time I feel like murderboning I do it with a Toolbox filled with TC crystals and a bar of soap and how effective it is against the average playerbase just leaves me disgusted
AIIA
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: AIIA

Post by AIIA » #591498

How did I get here
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #591499

Malkraz wrote:
NoxVS wrote:
Malkraz wrote:
Keep dying while waxing philosophic about how everyone should play like its greenshift every round then lol. There's a fire extinguisher within arm's reach of pretty much everywhere on the station if doing as much as grabbing that is too much self-preservation for your taste then you're a lost cause.
how is an extinguisher supposed to help, you unrobust carebear
yes, i know fire extinguishers slip people
everyone knows that
its why everyone going on murder sprees either takes precautions against it or watches for it
there is nothing a fire extinguisher can do against a guy with no slips and a gun

and thats entirely fine. you are going to lose, you are going to die
the unpredictable nature of rounds is what makes it fun
its fun as fuck to kill people
its fun to face off against someone attempting to murder you
the point where the fun ends is when its killing for the sake of keeping as many people as possible from playing the game
deciding the only way you can have fun is at the expense of others
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #591500

chocolate_bickie wrote:How quickly does Orange remove coder little green names for not contributing their monthly code?
they review code not make it biscuit
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #591501

NoxVS wrote: how is an extinguisher supposed to help, you unrobust carebear
lmfao
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #591502

Malkraz wrote:
I don't think every player should need to have a backpack of tools to prevent them from getting ganked 30 minutes into the round. Doesn't mean that dying or killing people is bad for the game, I just don't think the base expectation should be powergaming every way someone could try and kill you
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #591503

Honestly I don't like the execution of murderboning but at present I don't think there is an acceptable way to get rid of it and uphold the "threat of death at any time" aspect of ss13. Without antags having free reign to end you rightly at any point, I'm playing a game where I nearly always have to personally engage in combat for combat to happen to me. Mass destruction via sabotage also count as murderbone in 99% of peoples' books (which I disagree with), which I find also to be an unacceptable loss.
Maybe its because I expect unfair circumstances and don't have any lasting cares if I get blown the fuck out by some omega cheesy murderbone shit/""""""imbalanced"""""" equipment, that I'm completely fine with murderboners wiping me off the face of the station with no chance of ever being revived as an aspect of the game. I'd much rather have those occasional salty rounds than the game itself becoming largely stagnant because I know unless I'm holding an objective or standing in the way of one, I'm largely immune to death. If more people held to the creed of "losing is part of the game" then murderboning wouldn't have the pop dip it always spurs on, but I understand that this isn't really a point that can go anywhere, asking everyone to sit around in dchat and wait for the round that could go on for 3 more hours to stick around isn't exactly a realistic request, and is thus really the only point of murderboning I find to be a truly bitter negative that has no solid solution (thus far).
I'm just gonna throw this in here at the end, but I guarantee you people would feel less helpless against murderbone if the current balance flow wasn't playing wack-a-mole to nerf anything that is particularly useful. An oppressive murderer will always have the current flavor of the month really useful thing to kick your ass in combat. The only difference here is if you actually have useful equipment to defend yourself with... which you likely don't, because a nerfbat balance cycle is one that is attempting to chase perfection, and always results in 1 thing being stronger than anything else with no competition. At least with nuke-tag style balancing, you can counter bullshit with bullshit.

(nearly) antags turned off btw, I don't murderbone let alone play any antags period, if you think I'm arguing with the intent of holding onto my precious murderbone.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #591504

Malkraz wrote:
NoxVS wrote: how is an extinguisher supposed to help, you unrobust carebear
lmfao
there was more to the post friend

Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #591505

a bar of soap and shades is powergaming now lol
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #591506

Jaredfogle wrote: there was more to the post friend
i get what he's saying in the rest the first line is just extremely funny
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #591507

Kel wrote:Without antags having free reign to end you rightly at any point, I'm playing a game where I nearly always have to personally engage in combat for combat to happen to me.
I believe you're using the Manuel definition of murderbone, which is broad enough to where this may be the case. The way we're (at least I'm) using murderbone in this thread is to refer to systematic, department slaughter. This is what negatively impacts the servers, not just people killing fur nu raisin. When you deny a vast majority of the playerbase the chance to play the game.
Kel wrote: Mass destruction via sabotage also count as murderbone in 99% of peoples' books (which I disagree with), which I find also to be an unacceptable loss.
Not mine, though I think if you're maxcapping the station every single round you're antag, it'd be hard to argue you're not boring.

The rest of your post is more or less the same--I think you're not applying the definition of murderbone that we're implying. I don't blame you, the term murderbone has been soured so much over the years that it essentially loses its meaning until we have specific cases to point to.
Malkraz wrote:
Jaredfogle wrote: there was more to the post friend
i get what he's saying in the rest the first line is just extremely funny
fair enough it made me laugh too in isolation

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #591508

jackrip

Post by jackrip » #591511

can we get back to how murderbone is actually good for the playerbase, i have a few points i want to bring up
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #591512

How does it feel to be famous? You will be forgotten like the rest of the murderbonerers but for now it is your time.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #591513

jackrip wrote:can we get back to how murderbone is actually good for the playerbase, i have a few points i want to bring up
whenever you feel like it, you never gave a response when i asked
jackrip

Post by jackrip » #591514

okay this is specifically directed to oranges no one else look at it please

murderbone inspires certain players
1. i admired lexia black coming up and their sprees inspired me to become a better gamer
2. others have told me the same thing about their experiences

it may not help everyone get better, a lot of people might completely hate it, but there will absolutely be people inspired by the talent and want to become better themselves.

if you combo that with actual training (teaching people in boxing ring, holodeck, etc) you can teach a significant part of the community how to fight. and you might even make some turbo gamers out of it
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #591515

jackrip wrote:can we get back to how murderbone is actually good for the playerbase, i have a few points i want to bring up
jackrip

Post by jackrip » #591516

cacogen wrote:How does it feel to be famous? You will be forgotten like the rest of the murderbonerers but for now it is your time.
who dis
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #591517

I'd like to see a pros and cons
Hugs