Jackrip complaint peenut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Jackrip complaint peenut

Post by thehogshotgun » #591043

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 42#p591042

I don’t like jackrip, he’s ruined many an antag round of mine but...for fucks sake man this jannie is such a fucking loser
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Re: Jackrip complaint peenut

Post by Misdoubtful » #591517

jackrip wrote:can we get back to how murderbone is actually good for the playerbase, i have a few points i want to bring up
I'd like to see a pros and cons
Hugs
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #591518

jackrip wrote:can we get back to how murderbone is actually good for the playerbase, i have a few points i want to bring up
go ahead it's your peanut
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #591519

MrAlphonzo wrote:[youtube]lPGipwoJiOM[/youtube]

You've reached a Le Fishe checkpoint, anon. Congrats on making it this far into the thread. Pull up a seat, and take a break before you continue on your journey.
a good post by mr alphonzo in a world of turmoil

with haste,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
jackrip
Byond Username: Jackrip

Post by jackrip » #591520

RaveRadbury wrote:
that graph shows a man who has 500-1000 ping on average scoring the same as me. so if that data is to be believed any kind of traitoring at all is going to kill the population bucko

also 15%? That aint even bad
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #591521

jackrip wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:
Spoiler:
that graph shows a man who has 500-1000 ping on average scoring the same as me. so if that data is to be believed any kind of traitoring at all is going to kill the population bucko

also 15%? That aint even bad
"murderbone is beneficial"
"its not that big of an issue with how many people quit when i play"
make up your mind coward
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
jackrip

Post by jackrip » #591522

jackrip wrote:okay this is specifically directed to oranges no one else look at it please

murderbone inspires certain players
1. i admired lexia black coming up and their sprees inspired me to become a better gamer
2. others have told me the same thing about their experiences

it may not help everyone get better, a lot of people might completely hate it, but there will absolutely be people inspired by the talent and want to become better themselves.

if you combo that with actual training (teaching people in boxing ring, holodeck, etc) you can teach a significant part of the community how to fight. and you might even make some turbo gamers out of it
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #591523

but we're not oranges why did u post it again

can i read it plz
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
jackrip

Post by jackrip » #591524

only once
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #591525

okay, it looks like what i said earlier still holds true then:
Jaredfogle wrote: You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't. If you want a game that is actually designed around TDM, I suggest TGMC.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #591526

jackrip wrote:a lot of people might completely hate it
case closed gang
jackrip wrote:but there will absolutely be people inspired by the talent and want to become better themselves.

if you combo that with actual training (teaching people in boxing ring, holodeck, etc) you can teach a significant part of the community how to fight. and you might even make some turbo gamers out of it
"murderbone is good because it inspires people to murderbone"
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #591527

NoxVS wrote:
case closed gang
jackrip wrote:but there will absolutely be people inspired by the talent and want to become better themselves.

I get uhhhhhhhh, these kinda vibes here:

'A self-fulfilling prophecy is the sociopsychological phenomenon of someone "predicting" or expecting something, and this "prediction" or expectation coming true simply because the person believes it will[1] and the person's resulting behaviors align to fulfill the belief.'

If we murderbone and expect its what people want because they also murderbone in turn meaning that others will murderbone, where will the cycle stop?
Hugs
jackrip

Post by jackrip » #591529

NoxVS wrote:
case closed gang

no murderbone is good because its murderbone and its good

it just has the side effect of making great gamers. would bruce wayne have become batman if his parents hadn't been shot in the face in front of his stupid little rich kid eyes
thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #591531

Armhulen wrote:
go ahead it's your peanut
Uhm actually
thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #591532

Misdoubtful wrote:
NoxVS wrote:
case closed gang

'A self-fulfilling prophecy is the sociopsychological phenomenon of someone "predicting" or expecting something, and this "prediction" or expectation coming true simply because the person believes it will[1] and the person's resulting behaviors align to fulfill the belief.'

If we murderbone and expect its what people want because they also murderbone in turn meaning that others will murderbone, where will the cycle stop?
It shall never end, and I wouldn’t want it any other way
jackrip

Post by jackrip » #591534

Jaredfogle wrote:okay, it looks like what i said earlier still holds true then:
Jaredfogle wrote: You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't. If you want a game that is actually designed around TDM, I suggest TGMC.
I want people to be robust enough to not need spears or bolas
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #591535

thehogshotgun wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
NoxVS wrote:
case closed gang

Maybe its good, maybe its bad — and maybe certain bone is healthy and fun and maybe others are miserable and bad for rounds!

But, the idea that it would make good players that in reality HAVE to be geared, gaming, or murderbone themselves (to either counter getting boned or kill people that WILL kill them) feels like a Bernie Madoff ponzi scheme.
Hugs
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #591536

jackrip wrote:I want people to be robust enough to not need spears or bolas
These kind of people make better antags which then makes people need spears or bolas.
Or whatever cheesy bullshit garbage is completely unfair and uninteresting as the latest flavor of the week.

Boy, I sure am glad I've not had to deal with a hulk with nanites throwing a body at me, using a forcefield projector to lock me in place and deny me the ability to just click on their sprite as they start to clamp amputation shears on my head...

... oh wait....
jackrip

Post by jackrip » #591537

there is nothing more painful than going to arrest a geneticist only to find out they are a cultist hulk wearing a biohood
thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #591538

Misdoubtful wrote:
thehogshotgun wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
NoxVS wrote:
case closed gang

Maybe its good, maybe its bad — and maybe certain bone is healthy and fun and maybe others are miserable and bad for rounds!

But, the idea that it would make good players that in reality HAVE to be geared, gaming, or murderbone themselves (to either counter getting boned or kill people that WILL kill them) feels like a Bernie Madoff ponzi scheme.
There isn’t much reason to my belief, the weak will be conquered by the strong, if they do not become more robust. I don’t care about the weak, I am an objectivist manifest. If I may raise others to the position of murderboner I see that as a happy side effect, not a goal.
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #591539

You know I actually kind of don't hate murderboners, like at least when some asshole comes running at you with an e-sword you have justifiable cause to defend yourself
What shits me is when somebody approaches you in the hall and asks to "talk to you in private" and every part of your being is telling you to just launch a pre-emptive strike and try to gouge his eyes out with whatever tools you have on hand but on the 1 in 10 chance you're wrong you're going to get bwoinked to shit so you just have to sigh and play along and oh whoop there's the stun wow haha who could have guessed time to eat shit
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #591548

The best shifts are the ones that end with the station utterly destroyed and >75% of the crew dead. Both to watch, and to play.
► Show Spoiler
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #591550

there are more people leaving cause of mapvote forcing kilo or after fastmos made rounds unbearable but i guess the coder copers are looking for a scapegoat on why pop globally lost like 20%
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #591551

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:there are more people leaving cause of mapvote forcing kilo or after fastmos made rounds unbearable but i guess the coder copers are looking for a scapegoat on why pop globally lost like 20%
oranges wrote: holy shit are you actually stupid, did you even understand the modelling in the graph they posted? It's the percentage of people who leave in a round where someone is traitor, not a global decline in playerbase.

I know assistant mains are stupid but this is really taking the cake

iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #591552

don't they teach you GREY TIDERS (yeah.... i meant that as an INSULT) how to read graphs in the fourth grade?
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #591558

thehogshotgun wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
thehogshotgun wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
NoxVS wrote:
case closed gang

There isn’t much reason to my belief, the weak will be conquered by the strong, if they do not become more robust. I don’t care about the weak, I am an objectivist manifest. If I may raise others to the position of murderboner I see that as a happy side effect, not a goal.
spessman game social darwinism
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #591563

jackrip wrote:it just has the side effect of making great gamers. would bruce wayne have become batman if his parents hadn't been shot in the face in front of his stupid little rich kid eyes

HOW DID YOU GUYS MISS THIS?? :mrgreen:
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
terbs
Byond Username: yolo4202beardromenmugen

Post by terbs » #591565

thank you bonermaster, very cool!
"You cannot create fun, only take it from other players." - 2beard
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #591568

I blame fastmos

Also lol graph with figures everywhere that means nothing surprise people leave the game after they die???
What's the solution? Don't die??? Yeah I think so but you can either code in perma-greenshift or let people get robust...............
Last edited by pugie on Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
jackrip

Post by jackrip » #591570

I blame that little stun you get after resisting out of an aggro grab
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #591571

jackrip wrote:
Jaredfogle wrote:okay, it looks like what i said earlier still holds true then:
I want people to be robust enough to not need spears or bolas
You are autistic. This is a diagnosis. Take Risperidone.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #591573

I really don't understand what would make SS13 attactive for deathmatch gameplay, if you want to defeat a serverful of players the whole battle royale genre is pretty much perfect for the murderbone mentality of one-vs-everyone, and there's several with varying combat mechanics to choose from. And being games focused on that combat, those mechanics are in most cases better developed and balanced than a laggy byond-based atmos simulator.

If i were to be uncharitable i'd imagine that what makes SS13 a superior platform for murderboners is the abundance of unskilled people to serve as victims, and the increased "significance" of killing, since they're irl locked out of the round for a significant amount of time once killed.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #591576

XDTM wrote:If i were to be uncharitable i'd imagine that what makes SS13 a superior platform for murderboners is the abundance of unskilled people to serve as victims, and the increased "significance" of killing, since they're irl locked out of the round for a significant amount of time once killed.
Nah man, they'd never do something like that. All they want to do is kill your parents and turn you into the next batman LOL
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #591577

XDTM wrote:I really don't understand what would make SS13 attactive for deathmatch gameplay, if you want to defeat a serverful of players the whole battle royale genre is pretty much perfect for the murderbone mentality of one-vs-everyone, and there's several with varying combat mechanics to choose from. And being games focused on that combat, those mechanics are in most cases better developed and balanced than a laggy byond-based atmos simulator.

If i were to be uncharitable i'd imagine that what makes SS13 a superior platform for murderboners is the abundance of unskilled people to serve as victims, and the increased "significance" of killing, since they're irl locked out of the round for a significant amount of time once killed.
cos murderboning is difficult and fun cos of all the systems and all the ways people can interact to kill the murderboner. also what about if we had some sort of machine that remade peoples bodies at full health so they could quickly get back into a round? Maybe like cloning perhaps? :honkman:
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #591578

Shit like this doesn't happen on Terry. Play on Terry. US servers are easy mode anyway
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #591579

Naloac wrote:
XDTM wrote:I really don't understand what would make SS13 attactive for deathmatch gameplay, if you want to defeat a serverful of players the whole battle royale genre is pretty much perfect for the murderbone mentality of one-vs-everyone, and there's several with varying combat mechanics to choose from. And being games focused on that combat, those mechanics are in most cases better developed and balanced than a laggy byond-based atmos simulator.

cos murderboning is difficult and fun cos of all the systems and all the ways people can interact to kill the murderboner. also what about if we had some sort of machine that remade peoples bodies at full health so they could quickly get back into a round? Maybe like cloning perhaps? :honkman:
this is a pretty good example on how constant daily murderboning necessitates worse design and a worse game if you don't nip the bud ?

pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #591581

fast gas too!!!!!
Polish_User
Byond Username: PolishUser

Post by Polish_User » #591583

How to quick call shuttle on /tg/ 2021:
>Be traitor
>Buy syndicate bomb
>plant somewhere near hallways (medbay will do)
>Let it explode
>Air escapes quickly thanks to quickmos

There you go! Shuttle called around 20 minutes in! No murderbone required!!!
CastorTroy23
Byond Username: CastorTroy23

Post by CastorTroy23 » #591585

Another game master janitor who thinks he can do what he wants because of his boomer role
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #591586

CastorTroy23 wrote:Another game master janitor who thinks he can do what he wants because of his boomer role
this
it's time to abolish the game master role
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

joooks
Byond Username: Joooks

Post by joooks » #591588

if murderboning is so bad then why do we still have rule 4
former tgmc admin and tgstation trial admin
who is this guy lol i think hes in timonks signature :lol: :lol:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #591591

Simple: because you don’t have anyone on the headmin platform interested in changing it.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #591593

Farquaar wrote:The best shifts are the ones that end with the station utterly destroyed and >75% of the crew dead. Both to watch, and to play.
Can't you read the thread? The best shifts are the ones where the most crew survives and the only people dead were directly required to be killed by the traitor for their objective, who the traitor then brought to robotics where they had a pre-waiting shell ready for them. This maximizes the RP time that everyone can spend in the bar fleshing out their very unique and memorable characters, like Doug the black haired white assistant who enjoys baccus blessing and crafting spears.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #591594

Nabski wrote:
Farquaar wrote:The best shifts are the ones that end with the station utterly destroyed and >75% of the crew dead. Both to watch, and to play.
Can't you read the thread? The best shifts are the ones where the most crew survives and the only people dead were directly required to be killed by the traitor for their objective, who the traitor then brought to robotics where they had a pre-waiting shell ready for them. This maximizes the RP time that everyone can spend in the bar fleshing out their very unique and memorable characters, like Doug the black haired white assistant who enjoys baccus blessing and crafting spears.
As everyone knows, in SS13 rounds are either bar-rp greenshifts or everyone getting killed by a greyshirt in a gasmask twenty minutes in, there is no such thing as a healthy balance
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #591596

XDTM wrote:
Nabski wrote:
As everyone knows, in SS13 rounds are either bar-rp greenshifts or everyone getting killed by a greyshirt in a gasmask twenty minutes in, there is no such thing as a healthy balance
I know, right? I say that systematically removing everyone from being able to play the game solely because you are free to do so is harmful to the server, and all of the sudden there are a bunch of people who barely even play anymore come crawling out from who knows where to say that I just want constant greenshifts and am incapable of surviving more than 5 minutes outside the bar

There can be fun rounds with a fuckton of chaos. There can be fun rounds without much happening. The chaotic rounds stop being fun when the threat is some guy who has been burnt out and should have quit or become an admin ages ago, but is instead using the lamest methods to guarantee they can keep as many people as possible from playing the game. The slower rounds stop being fun when literally nothing is happening or the only threat is an antag who decided to be friendly and join security. Neither are fun for anyone except a single person.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #591597

just range ban people's IPs with in a certain distance of the server so that they don't have good ping. then they can't murderbone but can still try to kill as many people as they want
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #591599

give players a stun resistance buff and extra hp based on their ping
thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #591601

NoxVS wrote:
XDTM wrote:
Nabski wrote:
I know, right? I say that systematically removing everyone from being able to play the game solely because you are free to do so is harmful to the server, and all of the sudden there are a bunch of people who barely even play anymore come crawling out from who knows where to say that I just want constant greenshifts and am incapable of surviving more than 5 minutes outside the bar

There can be fun rounds with a fuckton of chaos. There can be fun rounds without much happening. The chaotic rounds stop being fun when the threat is some guy who has been burnt out and should have quit or become an admin ages ago, but is instead using the lamest methods to guarantee they can keep as many people as possible from playing the game. The slower rounds stop being fun when literally nothing is happening or the only threat is an antag who decided to be friendly and join security. Neither are fun for anyone except a single person.
Unrobust
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #591602

Nabski wrote:
This is what happens when you mix the current attempt to codify murderbone into rule legalese (the one in the MRP rules) with bad faith.

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #591611

NoxVS wrote:There can be fun rounds with a fuckton of chaos. There can be fun rounds without much happening. The chaotic rounds stop being fun when the threat is some guy who has been burnt out and should have quit or become an admin ages ago, but is instead using the lamest methods to guarantee they can keep as many people as possible from playing the game. The slower rounds stop being fun when literally nothing is happening or the only threat is an antag who decided to be friendly and join security. Neither are fun for anyone except a single person.
I like plasmafires. I enjoy dying in a fruitless last stand against an army of spiders. I enjoy watching the lone survivor of a ruined station find an escape pod while the bad guy is looking for him. I giggle like a madman when a wizard blows me to pieces with a fireball for literally no reason other than because he can. And yes, I enjoy running for my life while a crazed serial killer chases me down.
Jaredfogle wrote:This is what happens when you mix the current attempt to codify murderbone into rule legalese (the one in the MRP rules) with bad faith.
Bingo.
► Show Spoiler
TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Twaticus

Post by TWATICUS » #591613

CastorTroy23 wrote:Another game master janitor who thinks he can do what he wants because of his boomer role
#notallgamemasters :cry:
ImageImageImage
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #591615

OOC: Supah Duper: guy name korolo konzt or something kill me why he do that