Jackrip complaint peenut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Jackrip complaint peenut

Post by thehogshotgun » #591043

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 42#p591042

I don’t like jackrip, he’s ruined many an antag round of mine but...for fucks sake man this jannie is such a fucking loser
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: Jackrip complaint peenut

Post by Mothblocks » #591735

that reminds me, someone asked me to get data on how old our active playerbase is (our churn, more or less). i don't have any point to prove with that but I am curious on if servers have different results
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #591736

jackrip wrote:391 replies. you must be wondering what we got out of this

i'll tell you what we got out of this

we identified this scary ass motherfucker

who is he? what does he want? we have identified the greatest threat to tgstation since lexia black and yet no one is talking about it
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #591740

Jaredfogle wrote:Image
You know, the skeptical statistician in me can't help but wonder if these are just traitors who play late in the day, where there's often that one long shift right before everybody decides "fuck it that's enough SS13 for today, time for bed"
A better metric may be how many people ragequit - that is, how many people log off within a few minutes of dying, but that may not be an easy metric to obtain
jackrip
Byond Username: Jackrip

Post by jackrip » #591750

CDranzer wrote:
Jaredfogle wrote:Image
You know, the skeptical statistician in me can't help but wonder if these are just traitors who play late in the day, where there's often that one long shift right before everybody decides "fuck it that's enough SS13 for today, time for bed"
A better metric may be how many people ragequit - that is, how many people log off within a few minutes of dying, but that may not be an easy metric to obtain
Jusuph is indeed a late night traitor who averages between 500-1000 ping
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #591764

pugie wrote:We can't ignore the fact cacogen said fighting cops in GTA isn't fun...
I'm not saying blowing them up isn't fun, I'm saying they exist to get in the way of your rampages and cheat by teleporting in endlessly to do so. They're also triggered when nobody is around to witness your crime.

Next you'll insist fighting endlessly respawning sheriffs in RDR2 who teleport in because you dared try to be an actual outlaw in this amusement park who inevitably either kill you or force you to flee and later spend most of your money on a bounty because they see through the bandana anyway is fun. You can hold them off for 20 minutes and it changes nothing. No lull and they don't run out. Almost as lazy and anti-fun as Cyberpunk 2077's system of teleporting them directly behind you.

This game could learn a lot lot from these systems because it's full of NPCs ripe for the slaughter.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #601553

Rest in Peace Krusvik.

I wonder WHY the guy who went from gamemaster to admin candidate retired.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #601579

Hmmm turns out, the guy who spent his entire life murderboning and making the game miserable for everyone is an obsessive asshole. I wonder if there is a connection here!
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601581

BONERMASTER wrote:Hmmm turns out, the guy who spent his entire life murderboning and making the game miserable for everyone is an obsessive asshole. I wonder if there is a connection here!
yeah man dude was an ass bagil pop died due to him.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #601585

BONERMASTER wrote:Hmmm turns out, the guy who spent his entire life murderboning and making the game miserable for everyone is an obsessive asshole. I wonder if there is a connection here!
nah taht can't be related
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #601586

someone who's an asshole about one thing turns out to be an asshole about multiple things? What are the odds?
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #601590

murderboning would have less impact on the round if it was easier to return to the round after death

you know, maybe if we had some sort of cloning machine...
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #601591

Ziiro wrote:murderboning would have less impact on the round if it was easier to return to the round after death

seethe
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #601598

i think you should just play tf2 or similar instead. They have respawns
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #601600

Ziiro wrote:murderboning would have less impact on the round if it was easier to return to the round after death

Excuse me, but don't you DARE question our God Emperors on the coding team. You WILL accept their changes and you WILL love them.

If they wanna make it easier to die and also make it harder to come back with the premise of "slowing" down the round. You WILL ACCEPT IT!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Edit: Also please ignore the fact that they do it for free, don't play the game, and code what THEY think is good, rather than what the community thinks is good :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #601601

Rohen_Tahir wrote:seethe

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #601602

ma'am your byond ckey is linked to your forum account and i can see that i play more than u

tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #601612

Jaredfogle wrote:ma'am your byond ckey is linked to your forum account and i can see that i play more than u
Ma'am I've had ckeys dating back to 2016
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #601616

I think we should introduce a new respawn mechanic, like Jaredfogle brought up. After ten minutes, you can respawn as a random member of the crew.

Cloning is a dirty word now but we don't need it. We need the existing medical system to be faster and less finicky. The idea behind the medical we have now is fun. It's just tedious, unable to keep up with demand and unintuitive to learn. Stasis beds should work with operating computers and the information in the health analyser should be on operating computers too. Even if surgery is still tedious and finicky at least the information would be right there to use.

Something about Jackrip to maintain a semblence of being on topic.
NSFW:

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #601617

yes but who plays the game 2day

har har

NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #601618

Murderboning happened even back then. Medical changes since then have actually helped prevent murderbone, by making it so it is a lot more difficult to handle medical issues on your own. If you end up attacking the entire station you don't have anyone willing to heal you, so you have less ability to come back from particularly bad damage
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #601663

dont remember what this thread is about QRD?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #601668

It's about how a lack of cloning only further enables murderbonerers to get away with it and how the game should automatically spawn ERT to counter them and get ghosts back into the game. It's also about how losing Jackrip was a shame and a sign of overzealous administration when they could've just warned him not to do it again.
NSFW:

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #601708

cacogen wrote:It's about how a lack of cloning only further enables murderbonerers to get away with it and how the game should automatically spawn ERT to counter them and get ghosts back into the game. It's also about how losing Jackrip was a shame and a sign of overzealous administration when they could've just warned him not to do it again.
Actually it's about ethics in gaming journalism
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601709

RaveRadbury wrote:
cacogen wrote:It's about how a lack of cloning only further enables murderbonerers to get away with it and how the game should automatically spawn ERT to counter them and get ghosts back into the game. It's also about how losing Jackrip was a shame and a sign of overzealous administration when they could've just warned him not to do it again.
here is where if I was in the mood would rant about how ethics is a concept that has no meaning to insane people like me.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #601710

Jonathan Gupta wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:
here is where if I was in the mood would rant about how ethics is a concept that has no meaning to insane people like me.
Bruh if you did a rant based on an old gamergate meme that would be pretty cringe ngl

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to appreciate how it's actually about ethics in gaming journalism.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601712

RaveRadbury wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:
Bruh if you did a rant based on an old gamergate meme that would be pretty cringe ngl

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to appreciate how it's actually about ethics in gaming journalism.
rave don't push me. Cowardly people pushed to the edge are unpredictable
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #601725

Okay thank you
NSFW:

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #601726

cacogen wrote:Okay thank you
yw :heart:
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #601735

Jonathan Gupta wrote: here is where if I was in the mood would rant about how ethics is a concept that has no meaning to insane people like me.
there is no ethical consumption in your mom's hous e
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601736

IkeTG wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote: here is where if I was in the mood would rant about how ethics is a concept that has no meaning to insane people like me.
there is no ethical consumption in your mom's hous e
yep.
Living God

Extraordinary Person