Food and Drink

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Food and Drink

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #593679

Kel wrote:almost wrote a response to the "food and drink" thread because the title and OP were so innocuous that i just assumed it was a normal general discussion thread and not a candidate debate thread.
carshalash wrote:Everyone in the world needs to eat and drink to stay alive, let the community know what your favourite sustenance is so that we can all judge you.
I only ever drink water. It is good.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Food and Drink

Post by cacogen » #593693

Yeah, same. I nearly posted in that one too. Thought it was too informal to be a candidate debate thread, like that guy says in that quote.

My usual drink is just Coca-Cola® No Sugar and Coca-Cola® No Sugar Vanilla. I like to read the consumer information on the side of the bottle and imagine I wrote it. That my life could be that bland. The smell of a warm, empty parking lot in an industrial park on a hot summer's day. I let myself into the building with my key card. I have copy to write. Nobody's there. Nobody cares.

I have bottled water in the fridge but I couldn't survive off just that. That takes a classical level of self-discipline that I'm too fat at the moment to accomplish. I need my lolly water. One day I will break the habit.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #593702

My secret to drinking only water is I have a jug that I fill up with tap water (Boil it in the kettle first if you live in one of those sorts of places) and leave it in the fridge. Mine is about 3-4 full glasses before I have to refill and it takes ~2 hours for it to reach drinking temperature so I just fill it up again when I get a drink and it's nearly empty. It's actually quite refreshing when cold to the point I don't really regret not having something more sugary.

The second trick is to just not buy the stuff - anything with water in it weighs like a fucking bitch which discouraged me from buying the apple juices I used to like putting in my shopping basket. Speaking of which various fruit juices are a decent bridge point - they only come in heavy-ish 2 litre bottles and you still get that sugar hit because they all have way too much added sugar.

Now I'm at the point just looking at various soft drinks fills me with a vague sense of disgust and I used to drink sarsaparilla every day. I still have a soft spot for ginger beers but I've never actually picked them up off the shelf in years.

At least that's how it works for me (And I liked water in the first place anyway), individual results may vary.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #593974

Boiling your water can make its quality worse in some places too, depending on contaminants
Get informed about your local water if you're unsure, your local gov should have an easily accessible report on your water available to all citizens

For a step between fruit juice and normal water, get syrups. 1/7th syrup and 6/7th water makes the bottle last a lot longer and gets you used to water without dropping your sugar intake all the way, it's easier to drink healthier that way
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #594115

With fruit juice, I just drink all of it. It's great, but it's gone. I've never tried watering it down, but I'm reluctant to, as that sounds like something my grandfather would do.

I was reading an article from the Huffington Post (reliable, important journalism) from like 2013 I found through Google yesterday that said that drinking diet soft drink makes it harder to fat less than drinking the equivalent with sugar. I guess this is common knowledge but I tend to ignore and forget those sorts of things because they're usually wrong. I now believe that if I switch to water only it may allow me to see similar successes as I have in the past at losing weight. Because right now, I feel the need to overeat often. And I told that other thread I was going to be less fat as my New Year's Resolution. I have to push that boulder up a hill, to prove myself to this forum.
NSFW:

Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #594123

i hate all carbonated drinks. all of them. they taste fine, but the carbonation burns my mouth and inhibits my ability to hydrate. fuck you carbonation.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #594124

you're not missing anything worthwhile
NSFW:

XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #594126

it's great but it's gone
Thats part of the point - if you have nothing but water you're going to drink water.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #594143

Kel wrote:i hate all carbonated drinks. all of them. they taste fine, but the carbonation burns my mouth and inhibits my ability to hydrate. fuck you carbonation.
This
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #594278

I drink water, occasionally a can of coke with some rum on weekends

My favourite food is probably butter chicken curry, it's super unhealthy though so I try to only have it once a month
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #594351

That's one of my favourite foods too, actually. Haven't had it in a long time though
NSFW: