WGW smiting complaint peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

WGW smiting complaint peanut

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #596974

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 23&t=28881

ill be honest, I'm actually not sure that FATAL is right here, despite how stupid admincomplaining being smited is. That clause is for orders which are abusive to the AI player (As it uses the examples to show), not orders which are annoying for other characters.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: WGW smiting complaint peanut

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #596976

retardmin
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #596980

If a human law 2'd you to jump off a bridge would you do it
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #596985

Mickyan wrote:If a human law 2'd you to jump off a bridge would you do it
How do you jump off of a bridge? Do you stand on the Captain's console?
► Show Spoiler
Horza
Byond Username: HorzBor

Post by Horza » #596986

>a rando making random grenades and drugs is ultimately responsible for the consequences, not the person activating or taking them
>a rando giving the AI random law 2 orders isn't responsible for the consequences, since sillycons are expected to memorize all silicon laws by heart
Extreme big-brain hours.
Spürdo spädre sbrölölö :DDDDD
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #596989

It's Fatal. Who's surprised at this point?

MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #596991

People make mistakes, there's 0 reason to be rude
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Horza
Byond Username: HorzBor

Post by Horza » #596993

MortoSasye wrote:People make mistakes, there's 0 reason to be rude
Spoiler:
No.
Spürdo spädre sbrölölö :DDDDD
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #596995

I see where he came from because I would consider stating WGW as an obnoxious order
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #596996

How many "just mistakes" does it take before it's retarded incompetency
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #596997

Do mentally delayed stuff (post degenerate stuff over comms rather than being yo dawg that shit whack), AI not antag (meaning antag round not impacted), get smitten, nobody getting permanently punished. Problem where exactly? Literally best outcome for being a degenerate IC.

Edit: When given an order likely to cause you grief if completed, you can announce it as loudly and in whatever terms you like except for explicitly asking that it be overridden. You can say you don't like the order, that you don't want to follow it, etc., you can say that you sure would like it and it would be awfully convenient if someone ordered you not to do it, and you can ask if anyone would like to make you not do it. However, you cannot stall indefinitely and if nobody orders you otherwise, you must execute the order.
Last edited by Istoprocent1 on Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #596998

Armhulen wrote:I see where he came from because I would consider stating WGW as an obnoxious order
It can be handled IC with no admin intervention. There's no need to remove the AI from the round just because they followed their laws. With regards to the rule, it's there to give some flexibility when some order would, for example, ruin the round for others (ie: AI law 2 kill all moth assistants and space their bodies), or ruin the round for yourself (pick every existing "X"). And even in these cases, the one responsible is still the one who gave the order 100%, in case the AI decides to follow it.

It would be a different story if the AI had said the WGW out of nowhere, but they just decided to follow a legitimate order.

This is shitmin behavior, pressing buttons when noone needed it and without second thouhts (or maybe they were drunk?). Being able to do it because they can rule lawyer it doesn't mean they have to. It's not like the AI ruined someone's round so why ruin theirs?

ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #597001

Should've smited all people involved.

If you spam my chat log I'm going to smite you for being a dumbass spamming my chat log.
Should just be thankful that we're not in the darkest timeline where people get banned for wgw when we have rule 8.

Yes, wgw is about a story where a kid gets off to shoving toys inside themselves, piss gets everywhere, and the kid fucking dies.
Eat the smite and get over it. This situation is fucktarded, this complaint is a waste of everyone's time, and the only thing of benefit that could possibly come out of this thread is if people start fucking shitposting it up so help me god
[youtube]Izz4XKo3GPg[/youtube]
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #597003

AIs have the ability to stop things like this. They should have (assuming they didn't) announced that they had been ordered to recite WGW. AIs have the freedom to announce law 2 orders that are likely to cause issues, and the crew could have then law 2ed them not to recite WGW.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #597010

If it wasn’t your intention to kill the player why would you not just throw them an aheal and say sorry?
[this space reserved]
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #597012

It would be a different story if the AI had said the WGW out of nowhere, but they just decided to follow a legitimate order
It's still not a legitimate order if they're telling you to state something that gets anyone who says it killed without fail, and it's not an ic issue in the same way people impersonating the mime to make it look like they talked as nonantag since that has ooc precedent about lynching
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #597013

That being said if that guy who made that order didnt get punished (more than just smite too) that's stupid and
wesoda25 wrote:If it wasn’t your intention to kill the player why would you not just throw them an aheal and say sorry?
This too
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #597014

Last edited by technokek on Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #597015

technokek wrote:
Armhulen wrote:That being said if that guy who made that
didnt get punished (more than just smite too) that's stupid and
wesoda25 wrote:If it wasn’t your intention to kill the player why would you not just throw them an aheal and say sorry?
This too

The orderer did not get punished.

And why would Mr. FatalX1 care, he is a ebic admin and above such problems as being dead. He can just bwoink/grief/whatever to entertain himself.

Why I made this complaint mostly is the total disregard of him towards my situation literally going " You weren't needed for this round anyway" in dead chat. If he didn't want a AI in his highlander event maybe he should have told people not to join as the AI.
i just read your ticket and it was handled poorly if you post the logs of him telling you what you're quoting that is the easiest successful complaint of the century, gl.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #597022

Why does this retard keep saying it was neither an unreasonable/meaningless nor obnoxious order? It's obviously all.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #597026

I was gonna say maybe he didn't know the legacy of WGW but then I looked at his post history and realized this is just another retard vs. retard peanut.
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #597029

The AI gets permanently knocked out because it was ordered to do something the jannie didn't like, and the response is "it's nothing serious and basically your own fault anyways".

You know, If I as a player blew up the entire AI satellite because it quoted WGW, for some reason, I don't think that response would have worked.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #597030

Don't forget this kind of fire-and-forget horse shit is par for the course with Fatal "didn't read lol" X1
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=28644
But it's "just mistakes", right?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #597033

1) Wow I didnt realise that thread got quietly trashcanned without any kind of headmin intervention or ruling what the fuck?

2) I'm detecting harsh and un cool vibes in my thread will the squares please desist
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #597034

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:1) Wow I didnt realise that thread got quietly trashcanned without any kind of headmin intervention or ruling what the fuck?
There's multiple cases of this towards the end of the last headmin term.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #597047

Toxicity isn’t a good look on anyone, Malkraz
[this space reserved]
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #597052

wesoda25 wrote:Toxicity isn’t a good look on anyone, Malkraz
????? BRITISH PERSON DETECTED! ?????
Fhaxaris
Byond Username: Fhaxaris

Post by Fhaxaris » #597057

Rules wrote:The occurrence of any of the following should be adminhelped and then disregarded as violations of Server Rule 1:

1.Declaring silicons as rogue over inability or unwillingness to follow invalid or conflicting orders.
2.Ordering silicons to harm or terminate themselves or each other without good cause.
3.As a nonantagonist, killing or detonating silicons in the presence of a reasonable alternative and without cause to be concerned of potential subversion.
4.As a nonantagonist (human or otherwise), instigating conflict with silicons so you can kill them.
5.Threatening self-harm to force an AI to do something it otherwise wouldn't.
6.Obviously unreasonable or obnoxious orders (collect all X, do Y meaningless task).
The AI should of adminhelped and disregarded the request, but the human shouldn't have made the request in the first place.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #597058

Fhaxaris wrote:
Rules wrote:The occurrence of any of the following should be adminhelped and then disregarded as violations of Server Rule 1:

1.Declaring silicons as rogue over inability or unwillingness to follow invalid or conflicting orders.
2.Ordering silicons to harm or terminate themselves or each other without good cause.
3.As a nonantagonist, killing or detonating silicons in the presence of a reasonable alternative and without cause to be concerned of potential subversion.
4.As a nonantagonist (human or otherwise), instigating conflict with silicons so you can kill them.
5.Threatening self-harm to force an AI to do something it otherwise wouldn't.
6.Obviously unreasonable or obnoxious orders (collect all X, do Y meaningless task).
The AI should of adminhelped and disregarded the request, but the human shouldn't have made the request in the first place.
kinda what i was saying, the person who made the request should have been talked to
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #597068

wesoda25 wrote:Toxicity isn’t a good look on anyone, Malkraz
True "You weren't needed for this round anyway" is pretty toxic to the playerbase
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #597251

Why are we even entertaining a complaint that reads "I was told to do something stupid and I did it, now I'm upset that there were consequences for my actions"? Just delete the thread and move on, who fucking cares
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #597256

Vekter wrote:Why are we even entertaining a complaint that reads "I was told to do something stupid AS THE ROLE THAT HAS TO DO WHAT PEOPLE TELL YOU TO DO and I did it, now I'm upset that there were consequences for my actions"? Just delete the thread and move on, who fucking cares
I fixed that for you buddy
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #597260

Your honor, I simply **HAD** to recite the story of a child stuffing toys up their ass, getting coated in piss, and fucking dying.
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, I WAS A ROBOT. I HAD TO DO IT!!
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #597263

ArcaneDefence wrote:Your honor, I simply **HAD** to recite the story of a child stuffing toys up their ass, getting coated in piss, and fucking dying.
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, I WAS A ROBOT. I HAD TO DO IT!!
bro are you okay? Did you gets toys forced up your ass as a kid?
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #597278

For some strange reason, whenever something about sex comes up, jannies become very defensive.

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #597282

An AI should be protected in the event it is given a malicious order. This should be an open and shut case.

If I get a law 2 order to kill an innocent xeno, should I ahelp it so an admin can tell me whether the guy giving the order is an antag or not? If I get a law 2 order to turn off some nonvital equipment, should I ahelp before I do it just in case the guy giving the order is griefing? The answer is no. An AI follows orders that don’t conflict with its laws. It’s not on any “team”. It’s not supposed to enforce a particular admin’s idea of /tg/station etiquette. It’s supposed to make input equal output as best it can.

Silicon policy is messy enough as it is without allowing stuff like this to stick as precedent.
Last edited by Farquaar on Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #597286

When given an order likely to cause you grief if completed, you can announce it as loudly and in whatever terms you like except for explicitly asking that it be overridden. You can say you don't like the order, that you don't want to follow it, etc., you can say that you sure would like it and it would be awfully convenient if someone ordered you not to do it, and you can ask if anyone would like to make you not do it. However, you cannot stall indefinitely and if nobody orders you otherwise, you must execute the order.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #597287

Last edited by technokek on Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #597291

Guys I love you but please don't be stupid and seriously defend someone being removed from a round for following an order.

The guy that should have been removed was the one that asked for the AI to say it, not the AI itself.
NSFW:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #597292

MortoSasye wrote:Guys I love you but please don't be stupid and seriously defend someone being removed from a round for following an order.

The guy that should have been removed was the one that asked for the AI to say it, not the AI itself.
To be fair there is a very subjective rule about ignoring and ahelping orders like this and the other precedent set is setting admins on wild goose chases for who was the originator of the copypasta instead of who said it which is dumb. The man trying to get the ai to say stuff that makes it OOCly valid is something that should have been cracked down on but I think it's safe to say if you connect to our 45 minute game >1000 times you should know by now that saying WGW = valid
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #597296

Look, the complaint is not there to deadmin or suspend Fatal. It's just so he owns up, admits he fucked up and made a shitty call, and so it can be set as precedent for the next time so he doesn't repeat this kind of negligent behavior, as he has done like 2 or 3 times already.

I was participant of this event and everything points to Fatal just being high on his horse, deciding the round didn't need an AI, and round removing it when he was given the excuse for it (if this isn't textbook admin abuse, albeit in a roundabout way, I don't know what is).
I remember reading the WGW as I was chasing for the one carrying the disk and I was like "bruh", until I read that it was the AI. So I figured someone had to give it the order and the AI obviously had to comply. It didn't ruin my round or make me cry, and neither it did for the rest of the highlanders, which were just focused on getting the disk and killing anyone getting on their way. Noone was rushing the sat to kill the AI because it said the WGW either. And never in a thousand years would I have imagined that the AI was smited for this, I just thought it kept watching and doing things around the station without speaking in comms.

As I said in my previous post, the AI didn't ruin the round for anyone, it just followed a legitimate order that didn't harm anyone, so why ruin the round for them? Are you guys such banbots that defend this rule lawyering instead of seeing the context and how removing the AI didn't improve the round or gave any beneficial impact to anyone? Fatal fucked up and pressed a button for his own satisfaction, period. Let him (and advise him to) own up for it and don't spoil him like he's a baby doing something they shouldn't do.

Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #597306

Agux spitting straight facts
► Show Spoiler
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #597307

Armhulen wrote:
MortoSasye wrote:Guys I love you but please don't be stupid and seriously defend someone being removed from a round for following an order.

To be fair there is a very subjective rule about ignoring and ahelping orders like this and the other precedent set is setting admins on wild goose chases for who was the originator of the copypasta instead of who said it which is dumb. The man trying to get the ai to say stuff that makes it OOCly valid is something that should have been cracked down on but I think it's safe to say if you connect to our 45 minute game >1000 times you should know by now that saying WGW = valid
Thing is there is literally no other scenario where you as an AI get punished for following an order, unless it's something that breaks law 1 etc.

The tradeoff is you tend to get put under extra scrutiny for anything else you do especially since there's usually only ever one of you.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Post by Critawakets » #597309

actually, AI was breaking law 1 in this case. WGW causes massive harm to the psyche of anyone that listens to it, making it human harm.

Checkmate, losers
am gud enineering
scrungo
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #597310

Critawakets wrote:actually, AI was breaking law 1 in this case. WGW causes massive harm to the psyche of anyone that listens to it, making it human harm.

Checkmate, losers
You can't hear text, your checkmate was a mere illusion. Checkmate.

MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #597311

Armhulen wrote:

Ok but can we agree the AI is not the one to blame, that the ticket was handled in a poor manner and that removing someone from the round to then go "oh you weren't needed anyway" is bad.
NSFW:
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #597316

Morto, what do I always say? Criticism to jannies is like sunlight to vampires. It is literally impossible for a jannie to accept his wrong doing and exist at the same time. And judging by how sweaty this guy handles the situation, there isn't even enough space in his head to imagine an opposing opinion. The only good play here is to deadmin him ASAP to set an example for the rest of the jannies. Because while reason does not work, fear does greatly, and it'll motivate the lower level jannies to not fuck up this badly.

Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #597319

BONERMASTER wrote:Morto, what do I always say? Criticism to jannies is like sunlight to vampires. It is literally impossible for a jannie to accept his wrong doing and exist at the same time. And judging by how sweaty this guy handles the situation, there isn't even enough space in his head to imagine an opposing opinion. The only good play here is to deadmin him ASAP to set an example for the rest of the jannies. Because while reason does not work, fear does greatly, and it'll motivate the lower level jannies to not fuck up this badly.
Imagine posting this on a thread for a fuckup this fucking minor.
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #597325

u have "chungus planet" on ur profile
Irad
Byond Username: IradT

Post by Irad » #597326

Critawakets wrote:actually, AI was breaking law 1 in this case. WGW causes massive harm to the psyche of anyone that listens to it, making it human harm.

Checkmate, losers
policy that AI must disable telecommunications whenever wgw is read when?