Clown removal on manuel

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Clown removal on manuel

Post by BONERMASTER » #598520

You guys have been setting this up for 2 months now and only now somebody fell for it, and still you keep playing along. Like listen, I didn't want to pop it at first, but now it's dragging on way too much, and honestly, I don't get what's so funny about it, it's simply false. It's like saying that the road you're travelling on for work is blocked off because of an accident, and you check your google maps and see that nothing actually happened. That's beyond zoomer-tier humor, don't drop to that level, you're better than that.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Fhaxaris
Byond Username: Fhaxaris

Re: Clown removal on manuel

Post by Fhaxaris » #598521

"misdirection" for the mime removal
remanseptim
Byond Username: Remanseptim

Post by remanseptim » #598526

you don't joke about removing clowns damn it
is nothing sacred?
also to ascertain the truth one must connect to manuel and (may i be forgiven for suggesting this) play on it, and that's cruelty
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #598531

aside from the furry oc's manuel is just as low rp and powergamey as the rest of them
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #598538

Hi everyone, I know some of you folks are upset about clown being removed from the server, however, let me remind you that any roleplaying server that are worth their weight do not have clown. If you must have clowns in your server, your priorities may not match with the server which is unfortunate (if that is true, please check out the third paragraph about the Freedom™️ server), because it's not my wish to alienate any groups of players if I can help it. We want the server to not take itself too seriously. We want good roleplay but also fun. However, good clowns have been a rarity for the server. For most, they have been a constant source of low roleplay, validhunting, grief-like behavior, and the like for the server. In fact, whenever I have to bap clowns, I often see players defending them, saying that that's how clowns are. If that is how clowns are played and it comes to odd with the server rules as some of you folks pointed out, they do not have a place in the server. As a result, they have been removed. We are looking into a few possible paths for this, but one thing is for certain: we will not be maintaining the status quo when it comes to clowns. We will possibly either A) replace them with a role that is more fitting, i.e. a corporate mascot. B) implement a comprehensive whitelisting system that may be used for additional off-station roles. C) Implement a playtime requirement of perhaps 300+ or 500+ hours. We have experimented with 100+ hours of required playtime before, and that has not been too effective unfortunately. Now if you have any certain preference, you may let me know in DMs. We may possibly combine A and B together, but also see about making the role more versatile rather than just being a "clown".
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #598545

I know some of you folks are upset about clown being removed from the server, however, let me remind you that any roleplaying server that are worth their weight do not have clown. If you must have clowns in your server, your priorities may not match with the server which is unfortunate (if that is true, please check out the third paragraph about the Freedom™️ server), because it's not my wish to alienate any groups of players if I can help it. We want the server to not take itself too seriously. We want good roleplay but also fun. However, good clowns have been a rarity for the server. For most, they have been a constant source of low roleplay, validhunting, grief-like behavior, and the like for the server. In fact, whenever I have to bap clowns, I often see players defending them, saying that that's how clowns are. If that is how clowns are played and it comes to odd with the server rules as some of you folks pointed out, they do not have a place in the server. As a result, they have been removed.

We are looking into a few possible paths for this, but one thing is for certain: we will not be maintaining the status quo when it comes to clowns. We will possibly either A) replace them with a role that is more fitting, i.e. a corporate mascot. B) implement a comprehensive whitelisting system that may be used for additional off-station roles. C) Implement a playtime requirement of perhaps 300+ or 500+ hours. We have experimented with 100+ hours of required playtime before, and that has not been too effective unfortunately. Now if you have any certain preference, you may let me know in DMs. We may possibly combine A and B together, but also see about making the role more versatile rather than just being a "clown".
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #598561

RaveRadbury wrote:Hi everyone, I know some of you folks are upset about clown being removed from the server, however, let me remind you that any roleplaying server that are worth their weight do not have clown. If you must have clowns in your server, your priorities may not match with the server which is unfortunate (if that is true, please check out the third paragraph about the Freedom™️ server), because it's not my wish to alienate any groups of players if I can help it. We want the server to not take itself too seriously. We want good roleplay but also fun. However, good clowns have been a rarity for the server. For most, they have been a constant source of low roleplay, validhunting, grief-like behavior, and the like for the server. In fact, whenever I have to bap clowns, I often see players defending them, saying that that's how clowns are. If that is how clowns are played and it comes to odd with the server rules as some of you folks pointed out, they do not have a place in the server. As a result, they have been removed. We are looking into a few possible paths for this, but one thing is for certain: we will not be maintaining the status quo when it comes to clowns. We will possibly either A) replace them with a role that is more fitting, i.e. a corporate mascot. B) implement a comprehensive whitelisting system that may be used for additional off-station roles. C) Implement a playtime requirement of perhaps 300+ or 500+ hours. We have experimented with 100+ hours of required playtime before, and that has not been too effective unfortunately. Now if you have any certain preference, you may let me know in DMs. We may possibly combine A and B together, but also see about making the role more versatile rather than just being a "clown".
This best has been a joke???? Please be a joke, if it's not imagine playing on Manuel shittiest of all servers though I respect the people who play on it and the admemes, as Mr block u once said "Trolls don't get blocked" or "No more 19 dollar cards" or "...no more Fortnite" My favorite being "Peep this one like really peep this one, no more Fortnite..."

With the sadness of a clown who got slipped

- Mr. Redherring / Jonathan J Gupta

With an opinion on the subject, a clown is a clown nothing more nothing less, a clown is a staple of ss13 itself a clown can be funny a good example is Snail / Jarof Snail a very funny clown who I deeply am indebted to and fucked them up one time for a not so good reason which they deserve my dearest apology for a bad example of a clown is a newbie, but its part of the fun not knowing if the clown is a demigod or a newbie who doesn't know how to hurt let alone survive a robo with a Ripley

Keep the clown as it is the clown is a staple of ss13 it's in other games like barotrauma and mods for other games from how widespread it is, please do not change the clown as a whole and if you need to put some sample text like, "You advertise for centcomm as a company, your job is to entertain the crew and keep spirits high" something like that doesn't remove clown or change the name.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #598568

The following is an excerpt from the Neo Detroit Advent Press.

Clownology 101

You may find yourself wondering why you keep seeing so many clowns walking around your place of work nowadays. Or maybe you've been wondering why your Teshari friend really hates when you bring up the subject of clowning. Or maybe you've seen in the news that the clowning industry has had a spike in jobs in the last eighty years. Well hopefully this article will help to explain.
A Degree in Clowning

For many, "Clowning" is a very serious profession, that requires half a decade of study to receive certification for. The Clown Planet Institution for Clown Studies and Bluespace Research was founded nearly a century ago, in 2231, when Henry Buford from Terra purchased the large asteroid orbiting Qerr'balak and began construction. The college was constructed on the asteroid, and the founder shortly became the first so called "Clowncellor" of the college.

When the college was built, the clowning job market had been at an all time low. The Head Clowncellor, Buford Doinkles had begun working with different megacorporations around the galaxy to ensure relatively cheap clown entertainment jobs for graduates at the college. At first only one or two companies had signed deals with Mr. Doinkles, but it would cement clowning as a viable career in the 2200's.

Skip ahead a couple decades later, the bustling institution had become a major success, and Clowncellor Hubert retired back in Sol. By the 2260's the college offered thirty different courses and graduation programs, and more than five hundred classes. At the time, the college's main focus was still on the arts, offerings courses in visual, physical, and performance arts, as well as technical jobs in effects, both digital and practical. It wasn't until later when the south pole of the asteroid was purchased from Qerr'balak by Frank Russley, who began construction on the "Qerr'Vallis Center for Mimery and the Hard of Hearing." Frank Russley, the school's "Director at Mime", had gone to serve as a direct competition to then Clowncellor, Jemphrey Smalls.

The Center for Mimery had offered a broader selection of courses, extending out of the arts to include engineering and sciences. The Clown Planet Institution responded in tow by extending their own services and classes. This extended into a period historians like to call "a decade long pissing match." After a series of constant oneupmanship, the Clown Planet Institution constructed a state of the art Bluespace research facility, which its competitor could not afford to one up. The construction of this facility marked the end of the "Pissing Match", and marked the beginning of the self proclaimed "Great Clown-Mime Prank Wars."
When You Give a Clown a Bluespace Facility

The Clown Planet Institution started their Bluespace Research Program in 2289. John Honkmichel, the head Clowncellor at the time, opened up a sleugh of classes for bluespace engineering, bringing a variety of household products to market. However, when John Honkmichel was succeeded by Bumbles Jumbles as Head Clowncellor in 2293, the focus of these courses shifted from general appliances to wormhole technology. The college's monthly update videos on the newest iteration of the "AutoHonker" stopped being posted, and the five year prank war finally came to ceasefire. The surface of the asteroid between the two schools is still painted white and yellow from pies and banana peels to this day.
The Qerr'balak Flash

Fast forward to 2298, picture you're a skrell or teshari, nestled in your homes all safe, and you hear a loud droning outside, and it flashes from night to day. This incident, was caught lighting up the skies of Qerr'balak and neighboring Qerr'Vallis installations and settlements. This flash, being recorded by tens of thousands of local residents, was accompanied by a loud droning; the whole event lasting upwards of thirty minutes. The source of this flash, was from Qerr'balak B's Clown Planet Institute.

For more than thirty years, the Clown Planet Institution has refused to comment on the Qerr'balak Flash. Even with Jumbles being succeeded by Squinch Honkley in 2227, the flash remains a mystery, and conspiracy theories run wild.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #598571

BONERMASTER wrote:You guys have been setting this up for 2 months now and only now somebody fell for it, and still you keep playing along. Like listen, I didn't want to pop it at first, but now it's dragging on way too much, and honestly, I don't get what's so funny about it, it's simply false. It's like saying that the road you're travelling on for work is blocked off because of an accident, and you check your google maps and see that nothing actually happened. That's beyond zoomer-tier humor, don't drop to that level, you're better than that.
Ok booner.

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #598572

fake news there are still clowns when you press adminwho
remanseptim
Byond Username: Remanseptim

Post by remanseptim » #598573

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:fake news there are still clowns when you press adminwho
banned for admin disrespect, appeal on our subreddit
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #598576

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:fake news there are still clowns when you press adminwho

:mrgreen:
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #598600

To me stuff like clowns and mimes are the line between MRP and HRP. There's no HRP server that provides a clown or mime role, clowns and mimes are to be treasured.

I will do everything I can to make sure that clowns and mimes never leave tgstation servers.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #598605

RaveRadbury wrote:To me stuff like clowns and mimes are the line between MRP and HRP. There's no HRP server that provides a clown or mime role, clowns and mimes are to be treasured.

I will do everything I can to make sure that clowns and mimes never leave tgstation servers.
clowns and mimes on HRP servers are a weird one because something about them makes some players treat it like a grief licence - "but I'm the clown, that's what clowns are supposed to do!" like they forget that there's not one universal SS13 ruleset that applies to all servers
the same thing happens to an extent with assistants, people show up and think that being an assistant means they can greytide

but the thing is you can just rename the roles and the problem goes away, I have no idea how this even fucking works
someone joins the game without taking a job and the game calls them a visitor, they don't get the urge to unga that overrides them remembering what server they're playing on
someone shows up with random job and gets shuffled into "entertainer" and spawns in the theater - they end up setting the stage to play instruments instead of having the rainbow mist descend and compel them to lube the brig

it's really bizzare because they're literally the same jobs with different names but people play differently because of them, I don't know if it's because seeing something other than "clown" reminds them that they're not playing on a lrp server or what
Rohen_Tahir

To Whom It May Concern,

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #598612

Screemonster wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:To me stuff like clowns and mimes are the line between MRP and HRP. There's no HRP server that provides a clown or mime role, clowns and mimes are to be treasured.

clowns and mimes on HRP servers are a weird one because something about them makes some players treat it like a grief licence - "but I'm the clown, that's what clowns are supposed to do!" like they forget that there's not one universal SS13 ruleset that applies to all servers
the same thing happens to an extent with assistants, people show up and think that being an assistant means they can greytide

but the thing is you can just rename the roles and the problem goes away, I have no idea how this even fucking works
someone joins the game without taking a job and the game calls them a visitor, they don't get the urge to unga that overrides them remembering what server they're playing on
someone shows up with random job and gets shuffled into "entertainer" and spawns in the theater - they end up setting the stage to play instruments instead of having the rainbow mist descend and compel them to lube the brig

it's really bizzare because they're literally the same jobs with different names but people play differently because of them, I don't know if it's because seeing something other than "clown" reminds them that they're not playing on a lrp server or what
something association of ideas something something something monkey sees action something something neuron activation something synapse something
Screemonster

Re: To Whom It May Concern,

Post by Screemonster » #598618

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Screemonster wrote:

something association of ideas something something something monkey sees action something something neuron activation something synapse something
the neuron activation when you see a banana around here is to toss it in front of the captain
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #598625

that's comedy and maybe one of the things separating mrp and hrp is having a sense of humour about the game and life in general
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #598661

cacogen wrote:that's comedy and maybe one of the things separating mrp and hrp is having a sense of humour about the game and life in general
I've adminned HRP before and one of my biggest foes was people that equate HRP with being serious all the time or trying to use it as an excuse to stop people having fun because apparently people having fun in the workplace is unrealistic

There is a clown on the space station
In this setting, it is perfectly normal for there to be a clown on the space station
If your character finds it abnormal for there to be a clown on the space station in a setting where the presence of clowns on space stations is not abnormal, then it is you that is failing to RP
Absolutely nothing about the seriousness of the setting has any bearing on the level of RP.

It's like Paranoia, Paranoia is an inherently silly and absurd setting through and through, and the game doesn't work if you LRP it and acknowledge how silly it all is in-character. Playing it completely straight no matter how weird it gets is where the humour lies.

meanwhile on Bay they removed the ability to put a hat on a dog because they think that it's unrealistic that anyone in the future will have the spark of joy in their hearts necessary to think a corgi wearing a hat is cute
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #598662

Screemonster wrote:
cacogen wrote:meanwhile on Bay they removed the ability to put a hat on a dog because they think that it's unrealistic that anyone in the future will have the spark of joy in their hearts necessary to think a corgi wearing a hat is cute
Stuff like that is what drives me away from HRP. I have occasionally felt like trying out Bay but never do because it feels like they enforce realism to an unrealistic degree. It’s like they have no concept of how people actually behave, and I don’t want to bother with a server where I would feel like I can’t behave like an actual person would.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #598663

I like the jester in lifeweb you throw them at a wall and they puke and die
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #598664

NoxVS wrote:
Screemonster wrote:
cacogen wrote:meanwhile on Bay they removed the ability to put a hat on a dog because they think that it's unrealistic that anyone in the future will have the spark of joy in their hearts necessary to think a corgi wearing a hat is cute
Stuff like that is what drives me away from HRP. I have occasionally felt like trying out Bay but never do because it feels like they enforce realism to an unrealistic degree. It’s like they have no concept of how people actually behave, and I don’t want to bother with a server where I would feel like I can’t behave like an actual person would.
it's like there's a level above HRP that's like... serious-RP where their enforcement of RP standards goes above and beyond "roleplay your character" and into policing what characters should behave like to an unrealistic degree, like reality itself doesn't meet their standards of what is realistic

it's like the people that think it's a plot-hole when someone in a story does something that they wouldn't do