A circumstantial peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Imaginos
Byond Username: PositiveEntropy

A circumstantial peanut

Post by Imaginos » #598546

Link: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28976

A mountain of evidence showing that he's malicious, yet denies due to how "circumstantial" it is.

peanut theme
Hello! I'm PositiveEntropy, Spritetainer and AdminTrainer extraordinaire! If you feel like sending any feedback, you may be interested in checking it out here.

AIIA
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: AIIA

Re: A circumstantial peanut

Post by AIIA » #598547

I don't understand virology stuff can someone explain it?
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #598548

you put random stuff in a bottle and it kills people and then you do nothing for an hour and a half
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
AIIA
TGMC Lead

Post by AIIA » #598550

Jaredfogle wrote:you put random stuff in a bottle and it kills people and then you do nothing for an hour and a half
I don't understand?
Imaginos
Byond Username: PositiveEntropy

Post by Imaginos » #598551

Jaredfogle wrote:you put random stuff in a bottle and it kills people and then you do nothing for an hour and a half
Mobile gacha games except you either make obnoxious super disease that makes spacemen go horizontal, or powergaming super disease that make spacemen go vertical
Hello! I'm PositiveEntropy, Spritetainer and AdminTrainer extraordinaire! If you feel like sending any feedback, you may be interested in checking it out here.

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #598552

AIIA wrote:
I don't understand?
neither do the viro players
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #598554

Didn't we remove virology like 20 years ago
Hugs
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #598555

Imaginos wrote:
Mobile gacha games except you either make obnoxious super disease that makes spacemen go horizontal, or powergaming super disease that make spacemen go vertical
u can do deadly viro in 6 minutes (or healing one, if youre not an antag in which case you will kill yourself later) if youre good with your hands and you'll be able to shit out a shit ton of unique awful diseases. thats worse to cure than one meticulously crafted bad one, and saves you a lot of time, which you can use to do absolutely nothing

AIIA
TGMC Lead

Post by AIIA » #598556

Jaredfogle wrote:
AIIA wrote:
I don't understand?
But I'm a Scientist.
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #598557

Cacktoresto wrote:You should punish him, and not me.
This is so great that I'm coming back from the dead to post about it - Damn, something something anime betrayals. This clown is shooting their friend's 30 minute old disposable ckey to save their own ckey. Smart enough to set up plausibly deniable situations through metacomms and attach all of the blame to a friend's ckey, but too dumb to evade correctly. But hey, the third fourth fifth time will be the charm, hm ?
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
chesse20
Byond Username: Laserdog

Post by chesse20 » #598558

How is this a ronald reagan virus
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #598559

imagine not doing a 30-second virus.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #598564

AIIA wrote:
Jaredfogle wrote:
AIIA wrote:
I don't understand?
But I'm a Scientist.
i know you are but what am i

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #598565

also
Besides, doctors can already open virology so its not like I was enabling him to spread anymore than he already had access to.
no, they cannot. not even on skeleton crew wtf apparently they can but it never works for me in a real game
Last edited by Mothblocks on Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #598566

Sylphet wrote:
This is so great that I'm coming back from the dead to post about it - Damn, something something anime betrayals. This clown is shooting their friend's 30 minute old disposable ckey to save their own ckey. Smart enough to set up plausibly deniable situations through metacomms and attach all of the blame to a friend's ckey, but too dumb to evade correctly. But hey, the third fourth fifth time will be the charm, hm ?
i always thought you were just pretending to be this dumb but clearly thats not the case.
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #598567

lol
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #598569

chesse20 wrote:How is this a ronald reagan virus
It's a ronald reagan virus.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #598581

AIIA wrote:I don't understand virology stuff can someone explain it?
step 1: Spawn in as viro
step 2: Either get antagonist or you do not get antagonist
step 3: equip medical belt, load up with 5 beakers, one dropper set to 1u, and one copy of the common cold made by getting a blood sample of the rhinovirus in your fridge
step 4: if you are antagonist, skip to step 12
step 5: copy the healing virus design of your choice that you've already made on https://virology-app.web.app/
step 6: do not forget to neuter annoying symptoms
step 7: do not forget to not ever use healing coma I will find you and kill you for bringing shame to the virologist name
step 8: distribute via transmissive vector (touch/airborne) or via pill form (do not use sneezing/coughing as a transmission vector for any virus, beneficial or otherwise)
step 9: wait for miners to get uranium
step 10: wait for miners to get uranium
step 11: wait for miners to get uranium
step 12: go back to virology cave, come up with stealth 2 deathvirus that spreads well (I like contact-based spreading) or high-speed low-drag "don't care about stealth" airborne deathvirus
step 13: create deathvirus, give it to your monkeys, tell AI to lock down (permanently) your monkey cage. If you are antag, give it to the monkey in the grey suit outside
step 14: hide the sole sample of your deathvirus in your microwave
step 15: suicide, become a borg, or act as a regular MD for the rest of the shift.

optional step 16: cure all 8 of the non-advanced viruses (these co-exist with other non-advanced viruses and so kill very easily) spawned by an admin because he wanted to check if you're a robust virologist or a chimp in a virologist coat

Virology is fun guys I swear I enjoy looking at spreadsheets this is why viro is my most-played job
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #598582

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:
step 3: if you are antagonist, skip to step 12
step 4: equip medical belt, load up with 5 beakers, one dropper set to 1u, and one copy of the common cold made by getting a blood sample of the rhinovirus in your fridge
step 5: copy the healing virus design of your choice that you've already made on https://virology-app.web.app/
step 7: do not forget to not ever use healing coma I will find you and kill you for bringing shame to the virologist name
step 8: distribute via transmissive vector (touch/airborne) or via pill form (do not use sneezing/coughing as a transmission vector for any virus, beneficial or otherwise)
step 12: go back to virology cave, come up with stealth 2 deathvirus that spreads well (I like contact-based spreading) or high-speed low-drag "don't care about stealth" airborne deathvirus
step 13: create deathvirus, give it to your monkeys, tell AI to lock down (permanently) your monkey cage. If you are antag, give it to the monkey in the grey suit outside
step 15: suicide, become a borg, or act as a regular MD for the rest of the shift.

optional step 16: cure all 8 of the non-advanced viruses (these co-exist with other non-advanced viruses and so kill very easily) spawned by an admin because he wanted to check if you're a robust virologist or a chimp in a virologist coat

Virology is fun guys I swear I enjoy looking at spreadsheets this is why viro is my most-played job
here, easier viro

get viro
be antag or don't be antag
get a virus
add virus food, put it back in, add virus food
do it in 30 seconds
30 second virus.
because you used virus food its a annoying ass virus that is top kek but remember. It's a 30 second virus.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #598583

"Released an incredibly annoying virus, as a non-antagonist simply because they wanted to get a virus out within 30 seconds. That's not an acceptable reason in the slightest..."
Living God

Extraordinary Person

capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #598586

Dude's a serial ban evader. I can link him to a dozen other accounts and I'm not even looking very hard.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #598587

capn_monkeypaw wrote:Dude's a serial ban evader. I can link him to a dozen other accounts and I'm not even looking very hard.
Imagine ban evading and not just taking a ban.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #598588

how2viro

step 1. high stealth confusion virus
step 2. it's so cancer it's worse than a deathvirus as by the time people have it they can't get a cure out cause they can't move anywhere that isn't in their 3x3 upon symptom onset.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #598589

pugie wrote:how2viro

step 1. high stealth confusion virus
step 2. it's so cancer it's worse than a deathvirus as by the time people have it they can't get a cure out cause they can't move anywhere that isn't in their 3x3 upon symptom onset.
sec can't chase you while you run. Seems based.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #598591

Qustinnus wrote:
Sylphet wrote:
i always thought you were just pretending to be this dumb but clearly thats not the case.
You can't fake this amount of stupid.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #598596

Cacktoresto wrote:I don't think you want to risk banning an innocent player.
:mrgreen:

also
capn_monkeypaw wrote:serial ban evader
great quotes :mrgreen: KEEP IT UP!
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #598631

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:
step 3: equip medical belt, load up with 5 beakers, one dropper set to 1u, and one copy of the common cold made by getting a blood sample of the rhinovirus in your fridge
step 4: if you are antagonist, skip to step 12

this is why i never want to learn anything new in this game because there's already a well-honed metastrategy that i will never get to see until somebody who knows it gets bored of it and decides to reveal it hoping things will change. why put in the effort to rediscover something other people already know simply by being let in on the secret? random variables are key to replayability and rewarding skill vs. rote repetition and rewarding knowledge of metastrategies
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #598632

i knew it and found it myself.... ? :oops:

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #598636

this is why I never want to learn anything new in this game because there's already a well-honed metastrategy that I will never get to see until somebody who knows it gets bored of it and decides to reveal it hoping things will change. why put in the effort to rediscover something other people already know simply by being let in on the secret? random variables are key to replayability and rewarding skill vs. rote repetition and rewarding knowledge of metastrategies
cacogen, this shit is pretty open, Look at the fucking wiki.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #598642

cacogen wrote:this is why i never want to learn anything new in this game because there's already a well-honed metastrategy that i will never get to see until somebody who knows it gets bored of it and decides to reveal it hoping things will change. why put in the effort to rediscover something other people already know simply by being let in on the secret? random variables are key to replayability and rewarding skill vs. rote repetition and rewarding knowledge of metastrategies
Figuring it out is usually the fun part. Particularly with well documented features like virology. I managed to kill a few hours designing viruses in an excel spreadsheet. Strong viruses, chemical deathmixes, and cytology recipes usually just come down to basic math.

Speaking of cytology, I recently added full numerical documentation of that feature to the wiki. Go ahead and grow an army of abominations.
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #598910

oh ok well i was wrong then turns out it's just laziness and wanting to be spoonfed
NSFW:

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #598912

cacogen wrote:oh ok well i was wrong then turns out it's just laziness and wanting to be spoonfed
baby cacogen doesn't look at the wiki.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #598947

A lot of the easy ban evasion techniques don't work in newer byond versions, because the people behind teh tooling went off to do other things.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #599006

Jonathan Gupta wrote:
cacogen wrote:oh ok well i was wrong then turns out it's just laziness and wanting to be spoonfed
Yeah I need that daytrader's second monitor so I don't have to stop playing the game to play the game
NSFW:

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #599014

cacogen wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:
Yeah I need that daytrader's second monitor so I don't have to stop playing the game to play the game
Wiki information is available in-game through books for a reason. You're supposed to read the wiki to learn the game.
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #599015

Farquaar wrote:
cacogen wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:
Wiki information is available in-game through books for a reason. You're supposed to read the wiki to learn the game.
...Though it shouldn't be.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #599016

oranges wrote:A lot of the easy ban evasion techniques don't work in newer byond versions, because the people behind teh tooling went off to do other things.
haha mcdoanld wifi works
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #599023

cacogen wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:
That's why I(SIGMA MALE) INVEST IN THE ONLY CURRENT CURRENCY! SIGMA MALE COIN!!!!
Living God

Extraordinary Person

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #599054

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:
oranges wrote:A lot of the easy ban evasion techniques don't work in newer byond versions, because the people behind teh tooling went off to do other things.
haha mcdoanld wifi works
people who ban evade are too awkward to go to a mcdonalds
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #599090

oranges wrote:
Tlaltecuhtli wrote:
haha mcdoanld wifi works
people who ban evade are too awkward to go to a mcdonalds
all of us who play ss13 stay inside, all of us are too awkward.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #599124

Probably him.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-04-30 at 15-57-38 User Manager Public Bans.png
Screenshot 2021-04-30 at 15-57-38 User Manager Public Bans.png (5.84 KiB) Viewed 8116 times
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #599142

Rohen_Tahir wrote:Probably him.
but can you afford to take that risk of banning an innocent player?
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #599152

as a head admin i'm unbanning everyone just in case they wer einnocent

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #599247

trying to picture tlal at mcdonalds with his happy meal ban evading on terry
NSFW: