The bat swings and the bat swings hard

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

The bat swings and the bat swings hard

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #601217

Bottom post of the previous page:

So in case you're not a schizo who checks the public perm bans section (https://tgstation13.org/tgdb/publicbans.php) repeatedly in hopes of finding funny bans, both jackrip and doctorbrutality/pugie recently got fuckin permed for actually doxxing and joking about doxxing.

Can't believe that someone with so much time in this community (jackrip) would dox someone
Spoiler:
supposedly vekter from what I heard
you'd think that people would realize that doing that is giga cringe but people are wild I guess

also rip pugie got hit with the bat for making an unfunny joke at an especially bad time pugie is digg and cringe I have edited my take on him and as such this post

not sure how peanuty this thread's gonna get but I figured it's worth it for two relatively close perms for "being a massive shithead online" aka doxxing
Attachments
in case you're unable to click links idfk
in case you're unable to click links idfk
Last edited by Omega_DarkPotato on Sat May 29, 2021 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: The bat swings and the bat swings hard

Post by Vekter » #601325

Farquaar wrote: I feel that. Sucks that it happened man. Hopefully it can be scrubbed without much difficulty.

I'm thankful I've kept a decent variety of usernames around the net, for this very reason.
It's been easier than I thought it would be, mainly because some folks in the community have been very good about helping me find spots I missed. I won't mention them as it might make them targets for helping me, but you know who you are and I appreciate you.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #601326

legality wrote:Wait vekter was participating in r/ss13 on an account with the same name that he used to share identifying information about himself that was freely and publicly available?

If someone discusses that it’s not doxxing unless there’s implicit or explicit calls for harassment

This is almost as cringe as when headmins permad Lyra for ‘doxxing’ for telling the community that a specific player had been e-dating her without disclosing they were a minor (and would likely try to do it to other people). Because disclosing that someone isn’t 18 is identifying information, apparently.

Can we please have people in charge who aren’t literally pants on head retarded about stuff like this
Is this the horny hut thing again
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601327

Vekter wrote:
Farquaar wrote: I feel that. Sucks that it happened man. Hopefully it can be scrubbed without much difficulty.

I'm thankful I've kept a decent variety of usernames around the net, for this very reason.
It's been easier than I thought it would be, mainly because some folks in the community have been very good about helping me find spots I missed. I won't mention them as it might make them targets for helping me, but you know who you are and I appreciate you.
ok, SUPERMA-

banned x2
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #601349

Jonathan Gupta wrote:can I joke about doxxing myself?
Technically you are not allowed to do so as there is nothing in the rules preventing admins from banning you for that.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #601353

If memory serves the correct way to delete digg posts is to use a program to automatically edit every post to something generic so that record keeping sites will update their record to the edited post.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601354

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:If memory serves the correct way to delete digg posts is to use a program to automatically edit every post to something generic so that record keeping sites will update their record to the edited post.
this is the way to do it.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #601358

i love threats that are under the guise of jokes that aren't funny and are just threatening
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601359

cacogen wrote:i love threats that are under the guise of jokes that aren't funny and are just threatening
nice one cacogen you'll see your family at 1 am now instead of 12 and you only get a minute this time... yoOO JUST JOKING11!!!!! FUnnyyyy
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #601360

can you push it back later
NSFW:

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601362

cacogen wrote:can you push it back later
you'll see them in a year then, I'm keeping Karen and the kids though.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #601364

definitely keep karen
NSFW:

Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #601366

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:If memory serves the correct way to delete digg posts is to use a program to automatically edit every post to something generic so that record keeping sites will update their record to the edited post.
Yeah in hindsight I probably should have done this, but there's at least some posts that're actually guides for shit that I didn't want to get rid of.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601367

Vekter wrote:
Yeah in hindsight I probably should have done this, but there's at least some posts that're actually guides for shit that I didn't want to get rid of.
then just manually edit them.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #601368

legality wrote:Wait vekter was participating in r/ss13 on an account with the same name that he used to share identifying information about himself that was freely and publicly available?

If someone discusses that it’s not doxxing unless there’s implicit or explicit calls for harassment

This is almost as cringe as when headmins permad Lyra for ‘doxxing’ for telling the community that a specific player had been e-dating her without disclosing they were a minor (and would likely try to do it to other people). Because disclosing that someone isn’t 18 is identifying information, apparently.

Can we please have people in charge who aren’t literally pants on head retarded about stuff like this
hey dipshit, it's a direct ruling from MSO that anything in the ballpark of doxxing is blacklistable
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #601369

iamgoofball wrote:

hey dipshit, it's a direct ruling from MSO that anything in the ballpark of doxxing is blacklistable
Hey cuntass, I already explained the situation to him, you don't need to come in here being turbo aggro at someone for being confused.
Spoiler:

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #601370

Vekter wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:

Hey cuntass, I already explained the situation to him, you don't need to come in here being turbo aggro at someone for being confused.
sorry i saw that post and immediately replied to it without reading the rest of the thread
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #601373

Exactly. Why read when you can post?
NSFW:

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601377

cacogen wrote:Exactly. Why read when you can post?
all autists think the same :)
Living God

Extraordinary Person

trexter555
Byond Username: Trexter555

Post by trexter555 » #601380

we love zero tolerance policies
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #601382

trexter555 wrote:we love zero tolerance policies
If I understand correctly, the reason it's like that is so you can't go "I'm going to doxx this person" and then claim you were lying if you get caught before actually doing it.

It's probably a better idea to just, y'know. Not joke about sensitive topics. But apparently literally 1984 because you can't joke about doxxing someone.
Spoiler:

bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #601383

the zero tolerance is because people who would actually dox someone are irredeemable malicious actors and its consequently not something that should be joked about given the severity of the result. it is an incredibly slippery slope.

best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
The Respected Man
Byond Username: The Respected Man

Post by The Respected Man » #601393

When you do a little trolling (gone wrong)
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #601395

Based ban just cause jack rip seemingly can’t help but be in questionable situations constantly be it ingame and now out!

Also Vekter needs an internet tutorial he’s already goofed up on both his username and password if he reveals something with his profile picture then he needs to step off any role he has on the internet..
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601397

Cobby wrote:Based ban just cause jack rip seemingly can’t help but be in questionable situations constantly be it ingame and now out!

Also Vekter needs an internet tutorial he’s already goofed up on both his username and password if he reveals something with his profile picture then he needs to step off any role he has on the internet..
we all know he's superma-
ban x3
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601400

terranaut wrote:it's not a doxx if its a public account and you use the same nickname lol
also vekter looks exactly like you'd expect, fat neckbeard
I really thought he looked like superman. Huh well best of luck to working out then become a alpha trad like the rest of us and become a man who cooms at lifting weights.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #601402

yeah the best way to not be a loser despite being like this is to not be fat or have a neckbeard
NSFW:

Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #601403

1984 , CANT DOX ANYONE???
NOT EVEN A REDDITOR?
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #601404

Jonathan Gupta wrote:
terranaut wrote:it's not a doxx if its a public account and you use the same nickname lol
I really thought he looked like superman. Huh well best of luck to working out then become a alpha trad like the rest of us and become a man who cooms at lifting weights.
It really is that easy, just lift bro.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601405

cacogen wrote:yeah the best way to not be a loser despite being like this is to not be fat or have a neckbeard
I think vekter is a cool dude though. He's not even that bad of a guy though exercise is good for everyone I encourage it if you are obese. I live by this motto "The deep parts of my life pour onward as if the river shores were opening out. It seems that things are more like me now..." Rainer Maria Rilke, Moving forward. Anyone who is overweight or just wants to boost self-confidence or feel better work out. I do it whenever I can I encourage the others on the forum to do so.

TL;DR exercise if you are obese, vekter is cool he's not a bad man.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601406

terranaut wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:
I really thought he looked like superman. Huh well, best of luck to working out then become an alpha trad like the rest of us and become a man who cooms at lifting weights.
It really is that easy, just lift bro.
Not exactly I have a love for working out so I'll explain it like this. Lifting weights is for muscle not losing weight, losing weight you should do things like pushing your limits(A recommendation not needed) working out is painful but most people who don't like pain just use steroids or other performance-enhancing drugs if you go to a swole dude who has been working out for 2 hours at the gym and looks like a bodybuilder ask him for some he might have some if you feel uncomfortable to go with a friend if you don't feel comfortable going outside do it at home.

P.S (I do not encourage steroids unless you are at a limit with your muscle mass take for example a man I met at the gym once when I wasn't a fanatic asking about steroids he replied "don't touch steroids until you are at a limit I only touched them when I was 295 pounds" that touched me in a way to keep my muscle within bounds)
Living God

Extraordinary Person

trexter555
Byond Username: Trexter555

Post by trexter555 » #601408

the lesson to learn from this is to not have a digg account
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601411

trexter555 wrote:the lesson to learn from this is to not have a digg account
the lesson to learn is to stay on the internet never post your face post-minimal info and act like an idiot. Acting smart will get you nowhere
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #601412

the reason the rule has a wide net is to stop line-toeing rules-lawyer shitheads from going "hahaha I didn't technically post his dox I just dropped hints as to their existence and where to find them"

like saying in OOC "hey guys look up (username) on (website)" doesn't actually contain any personally identifiable information in and of itself but it tells people that there's something to find that they maybe wouldn't have bothered looking for if nobody told them it was there

even stuff that doesn't have PII like posting someone's deviantart gallery or whatever to make fun of them is pretty cringe
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #601413

I'm gonna dock with Screemonster
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601415

terranaut wrote:I'm gonna dock with Screemonster
can I dock with the two of you? :D
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #601416

iamgoofball wrote:

The fact Goofball has to come out to call you a dipshit and is in the right makes you king of all dipshits, Emperor of the inept, Lord of brain damage.
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601417

Naloac wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:

The fact Goofball has to come out to call you a dipshit and is in the right makes you king of all dipshits, Emperor of the inept, Lord of brain damage.
fuck someone beat me.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #601418

you can actually hear the manlet status coming from this post
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #601420

i'm like tyler1, loud, unfunny, small, dentheaded and ripped as fuck
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #601422

terranaut wrote: also vekter looks exactly like you'd expect, fat neckbeard
^bannable post
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #601427

terranaut wrote:i'm like tyler1, loud, unfunny, small, dentheaded and ripped as fuck
just angry and autistic
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #601429

jackrip status, GONE
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601432

korol was one of the most robust men I ever knew RIP...
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #601438

If i for example posted my name and city on my github which i use to engage with the tgstation community, is it still doxing if people link to it?

What if they are a public figure, like tgstation contributor jaw-sh, who are open about their identity off site. Is saying their name bannable?

There is an interesting debate to be had there about how private something has to be before it is considered doxing.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #601448

Kryson wrote:If i for example posted my name and city on my github which i use to engage with the tgstation community, is it still doxing if people link to it?

What if they are a public figure, like tgstation contributor jaw-sh, who are open about their identity off site. Is saying their name bannable?

There is an interesting debate to be had there about how private something has to be before it is considered doxing.
Easy. If you say "im gonna dox x person" and the next you do is post an actual link leading to some of their information, even if the information was public, you are still joking about doxxing, so you get banned.

Yes, you aren't a doxxer, but you are effectively trying to rile up drama while trivializing the weight of saying that a dox is what is taking place. Bonus points if you had a grudge or disliked the other individual.

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #601499

I think we're all missing the fact that with jackrip gone we can finally see if that theory about his murderbones on bagil killing its pop was valid or not
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #601523

one time sybil was full and so people joined bagil and he (i think it was him?) told me "SEE MURDERBONE HELPS POP", then sybil was no longer full so people left to go there and someone said "WOW NO MURDERBONE AND PEOPLE LEAVE"

Manuel was nearly full too but I don't want to think of the implications of that
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601524

maybe bagil will regain pop, I fucking hope so in a year's time it will be big as paradise.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #601532

bagil doesn't need pop because it has soul

simple as
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601539

gum disease wrote:bagil doesn't need pop because it has soul

simple as
truely.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

SuperNovaa41
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: SuperNovaa41

Post by SuperNovaa41 » #601566

Jaredfogle wrote:one time sybil was full and so people joined bagil and he (i think it was him?) told me "SEE MURDERBONE HELPS POP", then sybil was no longer full so people left to go there and someone said "WOW NO MURDERBONE AND PEOPLE LEAVE"

Manuel was nearly full too but I don't want to think of the implications of that
the moment he got unbanned from his self req ban he played three rounds, murderboned on 12 pop for the first one, fist fought people to death on the second and then incited a heretic to speedurn ascension on the third.

can you guess what happened to the pop? (((it wasnt good)))
I am a maintainer for /tg/

I play Seth Scherer somtimes