WorkOUT!

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

WorkOUT!

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601756

WorkOUT! The workout thread that I always wanted!! Here we will share tips and tricks for working out. Also if you need help with anything including form, workouts, suitable reps, and before workout stretching.

As the posted of the thread here is my current workout

50 squats
200 pushups(100 for morning 100 at night)
60 crunches(30 at morning 30 at night)
10 deadlifts(200 pounds)

post any fitness questions I will try to answer them.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: WorkOUT!

Post by cacogen » #601770

If I struggle a bit I can do 10 push ups. Is this good?
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601772

cacogen wrote:If I struggle a bit I can do 10 push ups. Is this good?
It's a start! I encourage you to do crunches(as they are a bit easier, find something to hold your feet in place if you don't have a gym buddy) arms on shoulders as arms on neck encourages you to lean forward causing neck pain, always keep your neck straight! I encourage you to keep trying pushups! Add some difference to that WorkOUT!
Living God

Extraordinary Person

gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #601779

i can do triple that...

never gonna make it, bro...
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601781

gum disease wrote:i can do triple that...

never gonna make it, bro...
I started a year ago gum... I love you? <3
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #601783

Can I just take a moment to say that I love how much people who work out a lot seem, in my experience, to never be the gym jock stereotype from films and TV shit?

Whenever someone shows the slightest interest in working out, they're like "HELL YEAH DUDE I HAVE AS MUCH ADVICE AS YOU'RE WILLING TO TAKE, TURN ME LOOSE, YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT"
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601784

Pandarsenic wrote:Can I just take a moment to say that I love how much people who work out a lot seem, in my experience, to never be the gym jock stereotype from films and TV shit?

Whenever someone shows the slightest interest in working out, they're like "HELL YEAH DUDE I HAVE AS MUCH ADVICE AS YOU'RE WILLING TO TAKE, TURN ME LOOSE, YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT"
fuck
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #601787

I used to be helpful and wanted to help give people a leg up but I don't think people appreciated it and now I feel like I have so little that I need to hoard my knowledge so I can feel superior like everyone else does
NSFW:

XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #601789

Drop bodyweight exercises for using weights ASAP. Weights mean you can adjust the resistance to get more out of your workout.

Early on you can use DOMS as a good indicator your workout was good but as you get into the rhythm you'll stop feeling it afterwards. When you have doms the easy way to get through is to force your muscles to move around and once you've loosened them it won't hurt as much to move.

For mass gains - eat eat eat eat. If you're a disciplinarian you can stick to chicken and rice all day but unless you're getting close to being Arnold it really doesn't matter as long as you channel your inner American. If people aren't looking at you in shock you aren't demolishing enough workplace birthday cakes. I throw down about 5 eggs a day - omelettes are basically cheating for breakfast.

If you're already American and looking to leave the Darth Vader asthmatic club opposite applies - eat less. Find an appreciation for "healthy" choices in whatever way makes your brain like it. I drink water not because I think its the healthy choice but because cold water is fucking amazing. Dont force yourself to eat disgusting salads if its easier to just not buy as much shit so you're stuck eating less because you're too lazy to go back to the store. Remember that hunger can't kill you unless you don't eat for like a month so there's nothing to fear if you just don't bother having 3 meals a day.

Make sure to rest between heavy strength workouts - I use how stiff muscles are as a gauge to tell if they're ready to go again or not. Cycle workouts if you want so that you work out almost every day but its a different group being done each consecutive day.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #601790

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Dont force yourself to eat disgusting salads if its easier to just not buy as much shit so you're stuck eating less because you're too lazy to go back to the store.
Something that was instrumental in me stopping being as fat was to only buy things that require a decent amount of preparation to eat. If you can eat it readily and it tastes good or it only takes a couple of minutes to microwave then I don't buy it. Of course, self-discipline is much better than avoidance and I think buying something delicious, putting it in a highly visible place and resisting eating it is a better idea in the long term. But if your life is empty and you need every little piece of stimulation you can get to stave off the crushing ennui then this helps avoid overeating.
NSFW:

XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #601791

Willpower is basically a resource that you have a limited amount of because it's related to a specific part of your brain.

Funnily enough you can workout this part of the brain by specifically putting in the mental effort on a regular basis.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #601793

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Drop bodyweight exercises for using weights ASAP. Weights mean you can adjust the resistance to get more out of your workout.
This.
Keep records too. Record how many sets and reps you do per exercise along with the weight. Try to weight consistent across sets. If you miss a few reps each set, decrease the weight. If you're able to do a few more reps, consider increasing the weight. Grab a buddy if you can- it helps to have someone to encourage you/spot you when you're pushing yourself.

Keep it up and you'll be fit like Farquaar (used to be before COVID knocked him off his groove)
► Show Spoiler
tumesuo
Byond Username: Tumesuo

Post by tumesuo » #602027

Holy fuck I hate twinks
CastorTroy23
Byond Username: CastorTroy23

Post by CastorTroy23 » #602056

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #602086

Pandarsenic wrote:Can I just take a moment to say that I love how much people who work out a lot seem, in my experience, to never be the gym jock stereotype from films and TV shit?

Noel Deyzel, daddy of workouts.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #602644

a big thing about /fit/ is that you being a loser doesn't matter if you work out but if you read his wikipedia thing he was actually intelligent, motivated, high-achieving and probably came from a middle class family
more importantly, he had good genes and a natural confidence that combined with being an australian probably made him a cunt

they're never gonna make it
NSFW:

CastorTroy23
Byond Username: CastorTroy23

Post by CastorTroy23 » #603019

cacogen wrote:
a big thing about /fit/ is that you being a loser doesn't matter if you work out but if you read his wikipedia thing he was actually intelligent, motivated, high-achieving and probably came from a middle class family
more importantly, he had good genes and a natural confidence that combined with being an australian probably made him a cunt

they're never gonna make it
no, he consumed an ungodly amount of performance enhancing drugs

i think i'm pretty average genetically and i'm from lower class. doesn't stop me from being a sick cunt. just try harder