secnut tidenut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

secnut tidenut

Post by Malkraz » #602466

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29231
>Dom rulings
better luck with the admin lotto next time man
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: secnut tidenut

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #602467

I thought dom was based too

Boo
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #602470

>armory is opened BECAUSE OF BLOB so having stun batons is now ok because clearly during blob you need people to have stun batons
>stun batons
>blob
>stun batons
>blob

domisusus is retarded
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #602473

Yeah, having a stunbaton during a blob as a wanted assistant *should* be grounds to be gunned down on sight whether this smooth brain was actually trying to get him to stop by lazering him or not tbh
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #602474

Nah this ban was completely deserved. This is one of the best examples for a case of the worst shitsec neuron activation. There is a blob and hallways on fire, yet they see a W and they can't help themselves. Monke sees wanted...

This officer has all the priorities twisted. When there's a blob and/or the situation calls for it, you chase for suspects later, first help taking care of the actual threat, arm anyone available and point them into the blob's direction, rescue people from the burning halls, if medbay is operational you make sure a stream of people arrives there, you even fight alongside confirmed criminals in a temporary truce for survival. If the station survives there will be time to validhunt later.

From the moment the officer tried to detain the assistant they were a dick, they prioritized valid mentality and, mistake or not, first thing they did was shooting lethals to them. Any expectation for the assistant to behave coldly and respond obediently to the "halt" after that is insanely ridiculous in this case.

In such chaos maybe the assistant was left on arrest after serving their sentence? Or maybe another officer got shoved and put them to arrest because of it earlier? No way to know, but Ws in such situation mean nothing at all, it's common sense. The assistant was currently not doing anything threatening, they were just running around the hallways and happened to be carrying a baton in a blob round. So what? Assistants run with ARs, Eguns and/or full gear when there's a blob.

I hate with all my soul officers that try to arrest a rando with wanted status when the station is destroyed to a high degree and there are common confirmed threats that will kill everybody. Bonus shitsec points if the shuttle is arriving in 5 mins. Don't do that! You can be shitsec without being a dick.

terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #602475

theres literally no reason for this goober to have a stunner except to either be an asshole with or potentially do some antag objectives, ie. killing someone or stealing an item from them
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Yenwodyah
Byond Username: Yenwodyah
Github Username: Yenwodyah

Post by Yenwodyah » #602477

Deserved tbh
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #602478

Problem was the lethal shots... Once he shot the lethal shots the whole thing was borked. Shoulda just dropped the axe and grabbed disabler from bag. I think stunning sec officer only makes you valid if it's not in response to an attempt on your life (or an apparent attempt on your life).

Definitely a tough case though. If those had been 2 blue shots instead of 2 reds in the beginning, he'd be totally within his rights to kill Alex for the stun. But yeah, if all ya got is lethals because of the blob, you shouldn't bother trying to arrest anyone till that's over with.
Spoiler:
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #602480

NOOOOO DON'T SHOOT THE HECKIN REDERINOOOOS!!!
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #602481

Reminder that most people cba to fill in WHY they were set to arrest in the first place, so unless he was told why or it was put in the wanted notes, he has no idea what the assistant actually did wrong.

Could be stealing a sweet roll, could be picking off people and an officer put them on wanted before being killed.

Officer should have stun weaponry on him though, unless he’s hoarding guns in which case ban deserved anyways that’s the most annoying thing you can do in blob. He loses the protection if he is going for a kill instead of an arrest.

I don’t buy the “this officer should be tunnel visioned to the blob when the crew is also fighting it” though. There’s nothing wrong with arresting alleged nonantags even if you know there is a threat to the station, especially when you can’t tell who is an antag all the time (with blob you pretty much know they aren’t the only Antag anyways).
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #602484

If you fight back you're fucked and admins can't help you. Dom saying a stun baton (which he shouldn't even have) isn't a "violent response" is fucking retarded because 9 times out of 10 the stun is going to be followed by round removal. Bro just take the stuns dog just let him cuff you fam don't do anything until the e-sword comes out.
Playing mind reader and inserting an intent like "you immediately wanted to kill them" is becoming typical of these dopey rulings. Leave it to Dom to make me defend a sec player.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #602486

bouta take a shit in this thread.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #602487

seccie gets fucked for killing assistant doing a stun. Even I(a used to tider(don't play much anymore))understand that if you stun sec, valid. When I stun sec anytime I understand I'm going to die or get my ass beat.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #602488

Malkraz wrote:If you fight back you're fucked and admins can't help you. Dom saying a stun baton (which he shouldn't even have) isn't a "violent response" is fucking retarded because 9 times out of 10 the stun is going to be followed by round removal. Bro just take the stuns dog just let him cuff you fam don't do anything until the e-sword comes out.
Playing mind reader and inserting an intent like "you immediately wanted to kill them" is becoming typical of these dopey rulings. Leave it to Dom to make me defend a sec player.
The defense of this situation is the assistant is suppose to mindread the guy isn’t going to kill them though. It goes both ways which is why you (security) should start with stuns.

If he was trying to attack him unprovoked I’d be inclined to agree though, but it sounds like he fired lethal first then the assistant hit him back.

No reason to not carry non lethals on you especially if you do want to arrest people while fighting blob or whatever. If you want to play sec, get the appropriate sec gear (or just go assistant too because we aka admins haven’t figured out yet that people don’t play sec because assistants can do the same thing and admins don’t give them the same restrictions even though they’re acting like pseudo sec).
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #602489

Cobby wrote: I don’t buy the “this officer should be tunnel visioned to the blob when the crew is also fighting it” though. There’s nothing wrong with arresting alleged nonantags even if you know there is a threat to the station, especially when you can’t tell who is an antag all the time (with blob you pretty much know they aren’t the only Antag anyways).
No I agree with you here Cobby. I didn't mean to say one should tunnelvision the Blob. What I meant is the officer decided wrong on their priorities given the circumstances.
If they found themselves unable to non-lethally detain someone at that chaotic moment they should have let it go. We are players behind characters after all and can make calls depending on a situation, we aren't non-sentient indiscriminatory mobs. Officer made a bad call which escalated to a non-antag death. Maybe it's just more the way I play, but I can only talk from my personal playstyle/perspective and I believe the initial action was wrong and the ban is deserved.
Malkraz wrote:If you fight back you're fucked and admins can't help you. Dom saying a stun baton (which he shouldn't even have) isn't a "violent response" is fucking retarded because 9 times out of 10 the stun is going to be followed by round removal. Bro just take the stuns dog just let him cuff you fam don't do anything until the e-sword comes out.
I would agree with you if the assistant was the one who initiated the conflict. But it was the officer who did it, and lethally. Everything happening after the fact is consequence of this. Assistant having a baton, and SOP and Space Law mean nothing after the officer opens lethal fire unprovoked upon seeing a red W.

In short, the officer brought it upon himself to be attacked back by the assistant, and trying to deescalate was the least he should've done instead of jumping right for the kill

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #602490

Cobby wrote:
The defense of this situation is the assistant is suppose to mindread the guy isn’t going to kill them though. It goes both ways which is why you (security) should start with stuns.

If he was trying to attack him unprovoked I’d be inclined to agree though, but it sounds like he fired lethal first then the assistant hit him back.

No reason to not carry non lethals on you especially if you do want to arrest people while fighting blob or whatever. If you want to play sec, get the appropriate sec gear (or just go assistant too because we aka admins haven’t figured out yet that people don’t play sec because assistants can do the same thing and admins don’t give them the same restrictions even though they’re acting like pseudo sec).
Its even funnier than that this sec WAS carrying non lethals he just didnt want to drop his GAMER GEAR to pull it out (lasers dont go in bags)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #602492

Cobby wrote:

Nowhere did I say the assistant was in the wrong in his response (unless he ahelped after fighting back like a little bitch.) I would've fought back too because I'm a fucking gear goblin and want to keep my shit.
The only thing wrong in this situation is an admin getting involved because it's a typical scenario of escalation with limited information. I don't even care that dummy shot reds first because fighting back still fucks your right to an ahelp. Too bad!
If you choose to retaliate with violence, you in turn have opened yourself up to violence. If you choose this route, do not expect admins to help you out if you die, even if you were not the original instigator.
IC issue
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #602496

Malkraz wrote: The only thing wrong in this situation is an admin getting involved because it's a typical scenario of escalation with limited information. I don't even care that dummy shot reds first because fighting back still fucks your right to an ahelp. Too bad!
If you choose to retaliate with violence, you in turn have opened yourself up to violence. If you choose this route, do not expect admins to help you out if you die, even if you were not the original instigator.
IC issue
This is a stupid oversimplification by rule lawyering. If the rulings were applied like you are implying here, then banbaiters would never get punished. This would give free pass to griefers to weaponize escalation.

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #602497

Agux909 wrote:
Malkraz wrote: The only thing wrong in this situation is an admin getting involved because it's a typical scenario of escalation with limited information. I don't even care that dummy shot reds first because fighting back still fucks your right to an ahelp. Too bad!
IC issue
This is a stupid oversimplification by rule lawyering. If the rulings were applied like you are implying here, then banbaiters would never get punished. This would give free pass to griefers to weaponize escalation.
people always weaponize escalation, that's the name of the game baby.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #602499

Jonathan Gupta wrote: people always weaponize escalation, that's the name of the game baby.
How has this mentality been working for you lately on TG? Oh wait...

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #602501

Agux909 wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote: people always weaponize escalation, that's the name of the game baby.
How has this mentality been working for you lately on TG? Oh wait...
FUCK
EDIT:hey guys I gotta get off tg forums due to eh whatever.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #602511

the sec officer got owned mind your own f*eaking business jackboot
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #602515

Regardless if the ban was deserved or not, the initial bwoink exchange bothers the people greatly, and we want to point out the following thing:

"Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil"

This is a low RP server, with relaxed rules of engagement, meaning certain restrictions pertaining to conflict and violence do not apply here.
The key point to take away from here is, that the security officer was stunned by the assistant and saw them as an "antag". In low-RP it follows then that:

1. You are not obligated to treat antagonists that you would otherwise end up executing
2. You are not required to gain the captain's permission to execute an antagonist

It is a common tactic of admins to add severity to your charge by creating invalid claims and emotional arguments to trick you into making confessions for crimes that you never comitted, like admin Domitius did here:

"Reply from domitius to zybwivcz
Why didn't you try to bring him to medbay or to clear up the mistake?

Reply from domitius to zybwivcz
He was flashed and stunned on the ground. He was already harmless. You decided to execute. If the blob was such a high priority you shouldn't have taken time to kill them.
"

These arguments are invalid, they only serve to undermine the character of the person being interrogated. These points coming from a supposed experienced admin can lead to the conclusions that their use is either motivated by malice, or explained by gross incompetence.
The people believe there are reasonable arguments for both sides. However, the case was mishandled by the leading admin and therefore, the evidence garthered is inadmissiable and because the defendant remains innocent until proven guilty, the people plead NOT GUILTY!
Further, we recommend the defendant to press charges against the leading admin for misconduct to have an investigations team verify the integrity of the admin in question.

With warm regards
- BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #602516

BONERMASTER wrote:words
/tg/station is and has always been a mrp server.

Manuel is an attempt to wrangle back the downward sledge towards cancerous lrp and it will become all servers in good time.

Min Maxers and powergaming Play2Win cancers begone.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #602519

MrStonedOne wrote:wise words
With all due respect, your honor, judgement must be commenced with rules and regulations as they presently are, not as they are going to be in the future. If the wish is to initiate reform, it must be announced to the fair public with an adequate gracing period and also be noted down within the guiding laws and regulations.

With warm regards
- BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #602520

BONERMASTER wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:wise words
lawyerese
- BONERMASTER
Manuel's been around for a while, I think you should be looking for the forms in some sort of archival storage, probably available at your local town hall.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #602527

MrStonedOne wrote:

Manuel is an attempt to wrangle back the downward sledge towards cancerous lrp and it will become all servers in good time.

THE BAR RP AGENDA based
Last edited by Rohen_Tahir on Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #602528

BONERMASTER wrote:Regardless if the ban was deserved or not, the initial bwoink exchange bothers the people greatly, and we want to point out the following thing:

This is a low RP server, with relaxed rules of engagement, meaning certain restrictions pertaining to conflict and violence do not apply here.
The key point to take away from here is, that the security officer was stunned by the assistant and saw them as an "antag". In low-RP it follows then that:

1. You are not obligated to treat antagonists that you would otherwise end up executing
2. You are not required to gain the captain's permission to execute an antagonist

It is a common tactic of admins to add severity to your charge by creating invalid claims and emotional arguments to trick you into making confessions for crimes that you never comitted, like admin Domitius did here:

He was flashed and stunned on the ground. He was already harmless. You decided to execute. If the blob was such a high priority you shouldn't have taken time to kill them.
"

These arguments are invalid, they only serve to undermine the character of the person being interrogated. These points coming from a supposed experienced admin can lead to the conclusions that their use is either motivated by malice, or explained by gross incompetence.
The people believe there are reasonable arguments for both sides. However, the case was mishandled by the leading admin and therefore, the evidence garthered is inadmissiable and because the defendant remains innocent until proven guilty, the people plead NOT GUILTY!
Further, we recommend the defendant to press charges against the leading admin for misconduct to have an investigations team verify the integrity of the admin in question.

With warm regards
- BONERMASTER
yeah but uhhh have you considered that sec is smelly stinky
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #602530

Protecting tiders is why so many rounds become shitfests real fast

Oh a tider shoved you and stole your baton? IC issue.

But don't lethal them naughty sec man, grey lives matter.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #602532

chocolate_bickie wrote:Protecting tiders is why so many rounds become shitfests real fast

Oh a tider shoved you and stole your baton? IC issue.

But don't lethal them naughty sec man, grey lives matter.
You don't need to be wearing grey to be a shitter...

Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #602533

BONERMASTER wrote:Regardless if the ban was deserved or not, the initial bwoink exchange bothers the people greatly, and we want to point out the following thing:

"

With warm regards
- BONERMASTER
Dearest BONERMASTER,

Due to the lack of funds and resources I will be representing myself as a peanut lawyer.

I would humbly like to tackle several of the points you brought up so we may engage this case on fair grounds.

The articles of discovery may be found in my first response to the ban appeal and are in the public record for all to see where possible.

To re-hash old ground Sybil has never been labelled a Low Roleplay Server(LRP). Though I understand that everyone takes a tongue in cheek approach to this and escalation is usually relaxed. With this perceived relaxed escalation in mind I would like to bring up a section of the logs here to hopefully change your mind or at least explain my train of thought.

The last shot before the stun shuffle.

Code: Select all

[2021-06-09 03:42:13.599] ATTACK: Zybwivcz/(Keaton Margaret) has shot John_Pootis/(Alex Barber) with the laser (NEWHP: 59.2)
The assistant is now at 59.2 HP. While not a critically low amount it has still placed them into a life or death situation at the deliberate action of the officer. Relaxed escalation should not mean officers can be starting off engagement with wanted criminals with lethal rounds. The actions of the officer showed no interest in an arrest with the continued pursuit while armed to the teeth.

I would like to next engage your argument about creating invalid claims and emotional arguments and to save all of us time I will trust that you understand the context.

Your quotes are taken out of context I believe. The first one was intended to discover why no attempt to clear up the mistake was taken. They explained they had the priority of the blob in the next room in mind.

Second quote I do concede was an emotional argument to my bewilderment why a member of security who is provided ample non-lethal tools decided to take time to kill them instead of finishing their intended arrest.

I would like to conclude though that neither of these arguments were used in their ban time. Murdering somebody unjustly has always fallen into the ballpark of "One day per kill" with plenty of wiggle room to lessen or throw it out if the player was genuinely following misinformation or was a legitimate mistake.

The people here have reasonable arguments for both sides and their argument about a stun baton being used on a security officer being considered "Violent" has merit. I concede that I agree with this point after going over the conversations and will take time today to address this.

However I will continue with my original verdict of Guilty as this was still over-escalation resulting in the murder of a non-antag.

With warm regards,
- Domitius
Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Post by Critawakets » #602534

MrStonedOne wrote:

bro if this is the goal first of all, /tg/'s always been LRP, not MRP

and second of all, manuel right now is low LRP, might be best to just start over if you want more MRP servers
am gud enineering
scrungo
Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Post by Critawakets » #602535

also last i checked oranges prefers targetting the other servers above manuel though his opinions change every week
am gud enineering
scrungo
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #602540

Critawakets wrote:also last i checked oranges prefers targetting the other servers above manuel though his opinions change every week
>Implying oranges is a single person
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #602543

Agux909 wrote:
IC issue
This is literally how it's always been done
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #602545

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Critawakets wrote:also last i checked oranges prefers targetting the other servers above manuel though his opinions change every week
>Implying oranges is a single person
We will watch your career with great interest
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #602546

Malkraz wrote:
Agux909 wrote:
IC issue
This is literally how it's always been done
Not anymore it seems. Too bad.

Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #602555

the fall of rome...
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #602560

I had enough interest to read half the first paragraph and the takeaway is that not being able to put your gun in your bag is retarded
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #602640

BONERMASTER wrote: "Reply from domitius to zybwivcz
Something I should actually bring up about that - by this point, Medbay was functionally nonexistent. Without the Treatment Center, which was a warzone being besieged with moderate success by the Blob, bringing him to medbay would have accomplished literally nothing.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #603072

MrStonedOne wrote:

jannies turning every server into manuel would explain a LOT
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #603078

Flatulent wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:

jannies turning every server into manuel would explain a LOT
Yeah this post shook me to my core despite knowing it was mostly tongue-in-cheek. LRP is FREEDOM, mannnnn. Easier for admins, easier for players. No hate on MRP if you like that kinda stuff though. It has its moments.
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #603080

MSO wrote:Min Maxers and powergaming Play2Win cancers begone.
Let me paint the scene for you my friend, in an MRP-friendly way you Manuelites will commiserate with.

The station is an epic battle between those who want to destroy, and those who want to thrive. The plasmaflood infernos, the disposals deathtraps, the deswording murderboners - these are what you are up against. Whether you're a botanist that just wants to plant, or a HoS searching for the threats 24/7 - everyone has these massive threats which can only exist in the chaos of LRP. You know they will be there, in one form or another, every single shift.

Are you going to wait there planting bananas until you meet your eventual death from the evil on the station, or are you going to arm yourself with max potency deathnettles in what is a terrible, hostile environment with a very low survival rate? Are you going to be the guy that dies in a vented room because your character "didn't need a toolbelt" for their job, or are you going to be the guy that tides a baton shiftstart and stamcrits a syndie in maints?

And the mature syndie won't complain about being validhunted - no. Why? Because they know they can only blame themselves for dying. They should have done it different. And they will next time. It's a beautiful battle between good and evil. Sure, there's room to chill, too. You got the bar, you got medbay, you got the chapel and can relax whenever you feel like. But at bottom it's a fight for survival. It's LRP and it's EXCITING.
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #603087

I'm loving all these 2014 and onwards accounts trying to explain to me that tg isn't MRP

go back to whatever hole you climbed out of and die
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #603089

when the MRP is SUS.
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #603154

sinfulbliss wrote:
MSO wrote:Min Maxers and powergaming Play2Win cancers begone.
Let me paint the scene for you my friend, in an MRP-friendly way you Manuelites will commiserate with.

The station is an epic battle between those who want to destroy, and those who want to thrive. The plasmaflood infernos, the disposals deathtraps, the deswording murderboners - these are what you are up against. Whether you're a botanist that just wants to plant, or a HoS searching for the threats 24/7 - everyone has these massive threats which can only exist in the chaos of LRP. You know they will be there, in one form or another, every single shift.

Are you going to wait there planting bananas until you meet your eventual death from the evil on the station, or are you going to arm yourself with max potency deathnettles in what is a terrible, hostile environment with a very low survival rate? Are you going to be the guy that dies in a vented room because your character "didn't need a toolbelt" for their job, or are you going to be the guy that tides a baton shiftstart and stamcrits a syndie in maints?

And the mature syndie won't complain about being validhunted - no. Why? Because they know they can only blame themselves for dying. They should have done it different. And they will next time. It's a beautiful battle between good and evil. Sure, there's room to chill, too. You got the bar, you got medbay, you got the chapel and can relax whenever you feel like. But at bottom it's a fight for survival. It's LRP and it's EXCITING.
10.Losing is part of the game.
Your character will frequently die, sometimes without even a possibility of avoiding it. Events will often be out of your control. No matter how good or prepared you are, sometimes you just lose.
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #603161

Critawakets wrote: bro if this is the goal first of all, /tg/'s always been LRP, not MRP

MrStonedOne wrote:
Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:56 am
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #603163

Rohen_Tahir wrote: 10.Losing is part of the game.
Your character will frequently die, sometimes without even a possibility of avoiding it. Events will often be out of your control. No matter how good or prepared you are, sometimes you just lose.
Indeed. No matter how good or prepared you are... So why not be as good and prepared as you can be?
Spoiler:
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #603166

sinfulbliss wrote:
Indeed. No matter how good or prepared you are... So why not be as good and prepared as you can be?
Because that's autistic.
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #603170

sinfulbliss wrote:
Because losing is part of the game. It's supposed to happen. Desperately trying everything you can to minimize losing always comes at the cost of the rest of the players. You're trying to escape part of the game. Don't.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!