secnut tidenut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

secnut tidenut

Post by Malkraz » #602466

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29231
>Dom rulings
better luck with the admin lotto next time man
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Re: secnut tidenut

Post by FloranOtten » #603170

sinfulbliss wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote: 10.Losing is part of the game.
Your character will frequently die, sometimes without even a possibility of avoiding it. Events will often be out of your control. No matter how good or prepared you are, sometimes you just lose.
Indeed. No matter how good or prepared you are... So why not be as good and prepared as you can be?
Because losing is part of the game. It's supposed to happen. Desperately trying everything you can to minimize losing always comes at the cost of the rest of the players. You're trying to escape part of the game. Don't.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #603171

FloranOtten wrote:Desperately trying everything you can to minimize losing always comes at the cost of the rest of the players. You're trying to escape part of the game. Don't.
There's nothing wrong with losing, to be sure. But if you're sec, you should try to do everything you can to minimize losing. That will be to the benefit of the crew, as a dead sec team usually means an antag killing people.
Spoiler:
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #603175

sinfulbliss wrote:
FloranOtten wrote:Desperately trying everything you can to minimize losing always comes at the cost of the rest of the players. You're trying to escape part of the game. Don't.
There's nothing wrong with losing, to be sure. But if you're sec, you should try to do everything you can to minimize losing. That will be to the benefit of the crew, as a dead sec team usually means an antag killing people.
Understanding fictional events requires one to distinguish reality from fantasy, and thus engages high-level processes including executive functions and imagination, both of which are impaired in autism spectrum disorder.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #603178

You can however minimize losing by getting good (at the game).

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #603181

oranges wrote:I'm loving all these 2014 and onwards accounts trying to explain to me that tg isn't MRP

go back to whatever hole you climbed out of and die
if you love mrp so much, log on to manuel and play it then, it needs guidance of you old players. or are you willing to say that manuel is up to your pre 2014 standards?
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #603185

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Understanding fictional events requires one to distinguish reality from fantasy, and thus engages high-level processes including executive functions and imagination, both of which are impaired in autism spectrum disorder.
Having sex requires one to create an emotional connection with another human being, and thus engages high-level processes including social skills and flirtation, both of which are impaired in virgin disorder.
Spoiler:
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #603186

sinfulbliss wrote:Having sex requires one to create an emotional connection with another human being
What a peculiar comment to make in our libertine age of modernity.
► Show Spoiler
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #603197

Farquaar wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:Having sex requires one to create an emotional connection with another human being
I mean even at rock fuckin' bottom which might be a Tinder date, you still have to establish some sort of basic human connection before you... You know.
Well I guess rock bottom would in theory be just a straight up hooker, but even then there is a basic human connection you'd have to make so they'd know you're not off your fuckin' rocker first.

EDIT: It wouldn't be fair to call a Tinder date rock bottom actually, I've had meaningful relationships through Tinder. But you get the point.
Spoiler:
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #603232

sinfulbliss wrote:
Farquaar wrote:
I mean even at rock fuckin' bottom which might be a Tinder date, you still have to establish some sort of basic human connection before you... You know.
Well I guess rock bottom would in theory be just a straight up hooker, but even then there is a basic human connection you'd have to make so they'd know you're not off your fuckin' rocker first.

EDIT: It wouldn't be fair to call a Tinder date rock bottom actually, I've had meaningful relationships through Tinder. But you get the point.
as scout once said, I got some chicken, wanna have sex?
Living God

Extraordinary Person

IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #603262

sinfulbliss wrote:I mean even at rock fuckin' bottom which might be a Tinder date, you still have to establish some sort of basic human connection before you... You know.
not at all
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #603281

sinfulbliss wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote: Understanding fictional events requires one to distinguish reality from fantasy, and thus engages high-level processes including executive functions and imagination, both of which are impaired in autism spectrum disorder.
Having sex requires one to create an emotional connection with another human being, and thus engages high-level processes including social skills and flirtation, both of which are impaired in virgin disorder.
I do not have this "virgin disorder", I think you're confusing me with Jonathan Gupta or one of the admins.
Also FYI forming emotional connections with other humans exclusively through things that involve flirtation is not normal, your mother lied to you.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #603309

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:
I do not have this "virgin disorder", I think you're confusing me with Jonathan Gupta or one of the admins.
Also FYI forming emotional connections with other humans exclusively through things that involve flirtation is not normal, your mother lied to you.
I have one-night stands asshole.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #603333

i love this ban

>see random assistant on arrest at red alert
>hmm yes time to shoot
>suprised pikachu face
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #603335

Timonk wrote:i love this ban

>see random assistant on arrest at red alert
>hmm yes time to shoot
>suprised Pikachu face
>see random assistant on arrest
>HANDS UP!
>baton
>shoot cause valid
>ban
>surprised Pikachu face
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #603358

Having a baton doesn't make u valid
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #603359

Also it's more like
>shoot
>has baton
>is valid
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #603367

Timonk wrote:Having a baton doesn't make u valid
we gotta have a policy post about this
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #603382

Valid to be arrested but nothing else
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #603422

I had to edit them like 10 times because of all the possible fringe cases, but here are some decent crew-sec polices IMO:

1. If a non-antagonist attempts to incapacitate or injure an officer without good reason, the officer is allowed to retaliate with lethal force.

Applying (1) to this case, the officer's opening shots of lethals provided the tider good reason to retaliate with a stun weapon, or even lethals of their own (although the latter would open them up to being killed according to escalation rules). If the officer had fired disablers instead to begin with, then the tider would not have had good reason to reply with a stunbaton as a nonantag, and therefore the officer would be allowed to kill him.

(2), (3), and (4) just fill out what would make for reasonable laws around crew-sec conflict.

2. Non-antagonists are allowed to use lethal force against officers that harm them only if the harm can be reasonably judged as a gross miscarriage of justice.

Ex. of 2) You steal and deepfry an officer's disabler, then give it back to them. The officer, in response, begins slashing you repeatedly with a combat knife, full-strips you, and brigs you for theft. This is clearly a disproportionate response to the offense, and as a result you earn the right to lethal them back according to rules of escalation. If you end up killing them, you shouldn't be bwoinked despite being a nonantag.

3. Non-antagonists are allowed to use non-lethal force against officers that harm them period.

Ex. of 3) Suppose you slip an officer, then he fires a laser at you. You are allowed to baton the officer into stamcrit, and the officer is not allowed to lethal you as a result. It is important stun weapons retain their status as defensive options, and they cannot be assumed to be murder weapons because of the possibility for unforeseen harm. In this case the officer began with harm, so they are forced to respect your right to defend yourself. If they end up running into this situation and dying in stamcrit because the person who slipped them is really an antag, then that is simply the price of using a laser in response to a slip.

I think this policy would allow for more freedom, not only for crew, but also for sec. Sec can be cheeky and abuse you for trolling them without being bwoinked because they lose admin protection as a result.

4. Officers are allowed to use deadly force against wanted persons if either (a) stun weapons are impractical, or (b) the person can be reasonably assumed to be valid.

Ex. of 4) Suppose you do a little trolling and find yourself a wanted man getting pursued by sec. Thanks to your dexterity and cunning, you are able to escape arrest three times from multiple officers, cuffing them all afterwards multiple times in a row. In this case it would be valid for sec to deem nonlethals impractical and instead opt to shoot you down with an autorifle, regardless of the reason for your wanted status. Or suppose someone wanted for theft manages to robust you and flushes your baton and disabler down disposals. Although you could go back to brig and obtain new weapons or call for backup, this could be deemed impractical and you would be allowed to lethal them and then cuff them instead.

Not sure why I wrote all this but it's an interesting topic.
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #603423

I have very mixed feelings about this ban but I really do think there's a degree of "what the fuck did you expect" re: getting attacked back after opening with lasers THEN yelling halt, even against a serial Tideshit assistant. Using that to then justify more lethals that never should've been deployed in the first place... I'm hesitant to say that should be a thing, too.

But the moment you bring the baton out, of course the officer isn't gonna fuck around. Anything that can stamcrit effectively is an effectively lethal weapon if you want it to be, and we all know it.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #603541

yes it does seeing that the only way to acquire batons is either tiding security or tiding security crates
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #603545

Pandarsenic wrote:I have very mixed feelings about this ban but I really do think there's a degree of "what the fuck did you expect" re: getting attacked back after opening with lasers THEN yelling halt, even against a serial Tideshit assistant. Using that to then justify more lethals that never should've been deployed in the first place... I'm hesitant to say that should be a thing, too.

But the moment you bring the baton out, of course the officer isn't gonna fuck around. Anything that can stamcrit effectively is an effectively lethal weapon if you want it to be, and we all know it.
so really the important factor is whether the assistant pulled the baton before or after the sec officer shot a laser at him

if before, the officer sees wanted assistant had baton, and therefore valids to go to lethals
if after, then the officer didn't know about the baton therefore the baton is not justification for the initial lethal attack regardless of whether subsequent shots were justified when the baton was pulled out in response, just as you can't gun someone down and check their bag for gear to retroactively justify shooting them

edit: reading the appeal again the officer says he fired twice before the assistant pulled a weapon therefore he did not know about the baton at the time of choosing to open fire with lethal force
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #603549

Screemonster wrote: reading the appeal again the officer says he fired twice before the assistant pulled a weapon therefore he did not know about the baton at the time of choosing to open fire with lethal force
Doesn't matter the assistant retaliated
If you choose to retaliate with violence, you in turn have opened yourself up to violence. If you choose this route, do not expect admins to help you out if you die, even if you were not the original instigator.
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #603551

Malkraz wrote:
Screemonster wrote: reading the appeal again the officer says he fired twice before the assistant pulled a weapon therefore he did not know about the baton at the time of choosing to open fire with lethal force
Doesn't matter the assistant retaliated
If you choose to retaliate with violence, you in turn have opened yourself up to violence. If you choose this route, do not expect admins to help you out if you die, even if you were not the original instigator.
the assistant isn't the one appealing a fucking ban here

just because he chose to respond with violence doesn't retroactively justify the thing he's responding to, especially when the thing he's responding to is being shot at with lethals
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #603552

Nobody said anything about "justify" dummy we're not talking about IC
Admin shouldn't have been involved because the Assistant retaliated with violence
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #603554

Flatulent wrote:
yes it does seeing that the only way to acquire batons is either tiding security or tiding security crates
Incorrect, Beepsky could've been smashed by someone else and dropped the unpowered baton, which becomes fair loot in this situation. Only thing remaining for the assistant to do is to have, find or print a cell. This could've happened at any point of the shift. So no, having a baton doesn't inherently make you valid.
Malkraz wrote:Nobody said anything about "justify" dummy we're not talking about IC
Admin shouldn't have been involved because the Assistant retaliated with violence
No, this is victim blaming and killbait validation. You don't fucking initiate a conflict with red lasers multiple times unless the one you're shooting at has been confirmed to be antagonist, period.

Violence or "escalating a conflict" doesn't mean defending yourself because you think you're gonna die at the hands of someone dressed up as sec. Just tell me exactly how much violence did the assistant exactly inflict to the officer vs how much violence the officer inflicted against the assistant.

The stupid post-thinking of "but he had a baton, he used it and you know how that ends" gets completely nullified when the sec officer completely failed to do what they're supposed to do as a sec officer.

Mistakes were made (by the officer), non-antags were round-removed (by the officer). Let the player learn from this mistake and not be so trigger happy in the future. Thanks.

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #603556

As I mentioned in thread, Beepsky had actually been chasing the assistant a few minutes earlier. I'm fairrrrly sure the assistant jacked the baton from an officer trying to arrest him earlier - in wanted, he could never have just easily scooped it from the armory with Sergeant Armsky on guard.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #603559

Pandarsenic wrote:As I mentioned in thread, Beepsky had actually been chasing the assistant a few minutes earlier. I'm fairrrrly sure the assistant jacked the baton from an officer trying to arrest him earlier - in wanted, he could never have just easily scooped it from the armory with Sergeant Armsky on guard.
This is okay. But the officer isn't omniscient and didn't know what the assistant actually did to be set to wanted (correct me if im wrong and the officer actually knew what the assistant did).

So their behavior was still in the wrong. There's multiple things that having been different, would've probably resulted on a strictly IC outcome without admin intervention:

1)The assistant being confirmed to have been self-antagging during the round and this officer knew about it.
2)The assistant stealing the baton from this officer, or the officer having seen them steal it from another officer they managed to knock down
3)The assistant pulling the baton out after the officer shot only disablers at them.

Could list more situations but you should get the idea.

Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #603565

words words words if the assistant didn't suck at the game this never would've become a problem
you should be rolebanned for a day every time you die as assistant it's a rat race baby
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #603568

Point taken gamer, but we weren't peanuting about sucking at the game or not so nice derail lol.

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #604231

ya also that assistant doesn't suck at all he's quite good at the game
Spoiler:
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #604232

sinfulbliss wrote:ya also that assistant doesn't suck at all he's quite good at the game
not good enough if he died.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #604236

Malkraz wrote:words words words if the assistant didn't suck at the game this never would've become a problem
you should be rolebanned for a day every time you die as assistant it's a rat race baby
bald moron cope
► Show Spoiler
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #604240

play better