Banned for reading open source code?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Banned for reading open source code?

Post by technokek » #604813

Bottom post of the previous page:

TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Re: Banned for reading open source code?

Post by TheFinalPotato » #605073

Whoneedspacee wrote:
actioninja wrote:ITT: "I don't know who this is or their history but I don't get why they were banned????"

ath is so utterly unpleasant to deal with he severely soured my view on the actual game, is the biggest reason I stopped making gameplay changes, and soured my entire outlook on open source game development.

It's like if you showed up to play Yu-Gi-Oh with someone and then they threw sand in your face and threw your deck across the room and then argued that technically the rules don't say you can't do that.
To be perfectly honest with you, you pretty much soured your own outlook by getting angry at everyone who disagreed with your terrible changes.
love ya space but this take sucks
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #605074

THIS THREAD IS RAISING THE DEAD, WOOP WOOP
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #605075

Flatulent wrote:the moral of the story: be an asset to c*ders or be banned?
Its like you havent even read the rest of the thread, my god
► Show Spoiler
Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Post by Critawakets » #605076

TheFinalPotato wrote:
Whoneedspacee wrote:
actioninja wrote:ITT: "I don't know who this is or their history but I don't get why they were banned????"

ath is so utterly unpleasant to deal with he severely soured my view on the actual game, is the biggest reason I stopped making gameplay changes, and soured my entire outlook on open source game development.

It's like if you showed up to play Yu-Gi-Oh with someone and then they threw sand in your face and threw your deck across the room and then argued that technically the rules don't say you can't do that.
To be perfectly honest with you, you pretty much soured your own outlook by getting angry at everyone who disagreed with your terrible changes.
eh, he's right. I cant even renember an actioninja PR that improved gameplay
Spoiler:
aside from the time he accidentally merged vore dogborgs
Last edited by Critawakets on Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
am gud enineering
scrungo
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #605077

TheFinalPotato wrote:
Whoneedspacee wrote:

ily2 and yeah I do have shit takes sometimes but hey there is some truth to that statement ain't too hard to find.
retired ss13 coderman
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #605078

Jonathan Gupta wrote:someone came to my front door and said "GUPTA PLEASE SHArE YOUR OPINION OR IM GOING TO KILL YOU THEN MYsELF" with a doobie in his mouth and a Californian ticket in the other, with a nametag scribbled Mr. St~ messy handwriting couldn't read it. So I will, man is cool very based for sharing these things then bug reporting and keeping good ones for himself(It's like finding exploits in the stock market reporting some of them, and keeping the good ones for yourself(also applies to the law)ya know?). good man 10/10 please unban will buy handsim for ALL of tg who wants it.
Good luck bro. Also why do you keep talking about hand simulator what's with you and hands man.

On a more related note that fucking tabling was some of the funniest shit I've seen, something about yoinking a seccie from 4 tiles away just looks hilarious. Man should be noted with a checkmark for that, and then not using it to validhunt? True integrity.
[youtube]R2wO8Y0ZvIA[/youtube]
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #605079

bobbahbrown wrote:It's gotten out of hand. Too many people are incapable of making reasonable complaints about admin events and it's bordering on shitting up the entire process and complaint forum by bogging it down with pointless complaints that inevitably cannot lead to anything.

Admin events are not something you file an official complaint about. They weren't before, and I'm not sure how it started, but they shouldn't be now either. From now on they are getting trashed. I'm not saying bad events aren't a thing, but they are never really going to result in problems.

I'm sure this is going to upset plenty of people but you have the official event workshop thread here which would value your criticism and ideas, admin feedback for actual problems and singulo for bitching.

The majority of complaints have been almost entirely emotional, based on one shitty round. Normally people get pissed at RNG for killing them but if an admin touches a button suddenly there is a solid tangible person to be fucking furious at. A round is a couple hours long at most. If you can't handle not having spessmans exactly how you like it for two hours you need to chill out.

It's just really depressing when the admin complaint forum is nothing but bitching about events and all of the valid complaints float around on singulo forever unresolved because people are either paranoid that they will get black bagged by the admin conspiracy and stuffed in the back of the van or just prefer a place where their facts don't need verification.

Admins will still be held accountable for events, they just aren't going to be immediately deadminned for them like an admin complaint would call for. Admins are encouraged to push buttons. The game gets stale as fuck without them. There's a reason Bagil is desperate for admins all the time.

TL;DR: If you have a problem with an event, it no longer goes here. Use Event Workshop for critique and ideas, use admin feedback to talk about a specific admin's events, and use singulo to bitch. Remember you can also talk to any admin by adminhelping, finding an admin you trust and PMing them or in #supportbus.

Feel free to ask questions but this thread is obviously going to be heavily moderated.
Spoiler:
sincerely,
bobbah 'bee' brown
to_chat(user, span_warning("The negotiative skills are incompatible with your brain!"))
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #605080

Whoneedspacee wrote:

This user thinks all LGBT people are pedophiles, and liked my changes until I said their projects sucked.
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #605081

why is cSeal so angry ITT
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #605082

oranges wrote:All he is to us is an asshole because he obviously has the talent to do it but rarely bothers.

Doesn`t he often review pr`s on github and sometimes catch bugs before they even get merged? I feel like thats an extremely important detail.
Last edited by MooCow12 on Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #605083

sinfulbliss wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:someone came to my front door and said "GUPTA PLEASE SHArE YOUR OPINION OR IM GOING TO KILL YOU THEN MYsELF" with a doobie in his mouth and a Californian ticket in the other, with a nametag scribbled Mr. St~ messy handwriting couldn't read it. So I will, man is cool very based for sharing these things then bug reporting and keeping good ones for himself(It's like finding exploits in the stock market reporting some of them, and keeping the good ones for yourself(also applies to the law)ya know?). good man 10/10 please unban will buy handsim for ALL of tg who wants it.
Good luck bro. Also why do you keep talking about hand simulator what's with you and hands man.

On a more related note that fucking tabling was some of the funniest shit I've seen, something about yoinking a seccie from 4 tiles away just looks hilarious. Man should be noted with a checkmark for that, and then not using it to validhunt? True integrity.
get steam, I will buy you hand simulator then you will know.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #605084

actioninja wrote:
Whoneedspacee wrote:

This user thinks all LGBT people are pedophiles, and liked my changes until I said their projects sucked.
What the hell are you even going on about lol.
retired ss13 coderman
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605085

Armhulen wrote:
bobbahbrown wrote:It's gotten out of hand. Too many people are incapable of making reasonable complaints about admin events and it's bordering on shitting up the entire process and complaint forum by bogging it down with pointless complaints that inevitably cannot lead to anything.

Admin events are not something you file an official complaint about. They weren't before, and I'm not sure how it started, but they shouldn't be now either. From now on they are getting trashed. I'm not saying bad events aren't a thing, but they are never really going to result in problems.

I'm sure this is going to upset plenty of people but you have the official event workshop thread here which would value your criticism and ideas, admin feedback for actual problems and singulo for bitching.

The majority of complaints have been almost entirely emotional, based on one shitty round. Normally people get pissed at RNG for killing them but if an admin touches a button suddenly there is a solid tangible person to be fucking furious at. A round is a couple hours long at most. If you can't handle not having spessmans exactly how you like it for two hours you need to chill out.

It's just really depressing when the admin complaint forum is nothing but bitching about events and all of the valid complaints float around on singulo forever unresolved because people are either paranoid that they will get black bagged by the admin conspiracy and stuffed in the back of the van or just prefer a place where their facts don't need verification.

Admins will still be held accountable for events, they just aren't going to be immediately deadminned for them like an admin complaint would call for. Admins are encouraged to push buttons. The game gets stale as fuck without them. There's a reason Bagil is desperate for admins all the time.

TL;DR: If you have a problem with an event, it no longer goes here. Use Event Workshop for critique and ideas, use admin feedback to talk about a specific admin's events, and use singulo to bitch. Remember you can also talk to any admin by adminhelping, finding an admin you trust and PMing them or in #supportbus.

Feel free to ask questions but this thread is obviously going to be heavily moderated.
Spoiler:
sincerely,
bobbah 'bee' brown
to_chat(user, span_warning("The negotiative skills are incompatible with your brain!"))
arm i see you in a call with fikou right now i cant join can you tell him he sucks please
► Show Spoiler
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #605086

cSeal wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

Spoiler:
sincerely,
bobbah 'bee' brown
arm i see you in a call with fikou right now i cant join can you tell him he sucks please
the ACTUAL final cope
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #605087

cSeal wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

Spoiler:
sincerely,
bobbah 'bee' brown
sent
Malkraz wrote:why is cSeal so angry ITT
seal spends all day defending my working hard or hardly working posts for zero dollars and zero cents, please understand.
actioninja wrote:
Whoneedspacee wrote:

that's yuge if true, do you have some kind of proof??
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #605088

actioninja wrote:liked my changes until I said their projects sucked.
Time to kiss and make up. Do we need a whole other thread just to fix this/make it 10x worse?
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605089

I'm not really that mad i just think its funny to over exaggerate my feelings

Also, on review i think i took it too far. Even though i stand by most of what i said, i think most of you are good eggs who either just dont understand or dont agree with the ban genuinely, and not just malding forum posters looking for a chance to stir shit with a peanut, which is kind of what i went into this thread assuming, so apologies if i took I genuinely upset you or something (except you flatulent learn how to read you jiggling beta)
► Show Spoiler
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #605090

cSeal wrote:

Also, on review i think i took it too far. Even though i stand by most of what i said, i think most of you are good eggs who either just dont understand or dont agree with the ban genuinely, and not just malding forum posters looking for a chance to stir shit with a peanut, which is kind of what i went into this thread assuming, so apologies if i took I genuinely upset you or something (except you flatulent learn how to read you jiggling beta)
lmfao he really cant cope
MooCow12 wrote:
Time to kiss and make up. Do we need a whole other thread just to fix this/make it 10x worse?
Someone's gotta fact check this!
Armhulen wrote:
cSeal wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

Spoiler:
sincerely,
bobbah 'bee' brown
sent
seal spends all day defending my working hard or hardly working posts for zero dollars and zero cents, please understand.
actioninja wrote:
Whoneedspacee wrote:

YUUUUUUUGE if true
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605091

Fikou wrote:
cSeal wrote:

MooCow12 wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
cSeal wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

Spoiler:
sincerely,
bobbah 'bee' brown
sent
actioninja wrote:
Whoneedspacee wrote:

YUUUUUUUGE if true
HI FIKOY
► Show Spoiler
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #605092

admemes going crazier then me, that guy with the nametag said "thanks gupta wanna doobie?" I took his offer and am now stoned as fuck.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #605093

ArcaneDefence wrote:How Much Does Shutting the Goddamn Hell Up Cost?

Summary: Gravel Delivery Prices
Minus crushed rock costs $12-$35 per cubic yard while clean crushed rock costs $30-$50 per cubic yard. Delivery and spreading can double those prices. However, the more material you order, the less the total cost. Delivery is usually free of charge up to 10 miles.

Below are some crushed stone/gravel delivery prices by locations:

*Source: Homeadvisor.com users

Crushed rock is a type of gravel that has been mechanically broken down into small pieces and sorted by size. It is a highly versatile product, used for driveways, pathways, flower beds or as a base for concrete, pavers, asphalt, retaining walls, sheds or foundations.

Crushed rock is a very strong and durable material, and it offers great traction. It is available for delivery by the cubic yard, typically by landscaping supply companies that also sell products such as mulch, sand and soil.

About Crushed Rock Delivery
There are two basic types of crushed rocks: minus and clean. Both are available in a variety of sizes and colors, but they are used differently.
  • Any crushed rock with the word minus in the description (3/4-inch minus, for example) will also contain smaller pieces of rock, dirt and/or sand. This type packs down tightly, making it ideal for established driveways without drainage problems, as well as a base material for porches, patios, walkways, driveways and the like.
  • Clean crushed rock does not have the smaller pieces of rock, dirt and/or sand. If it is advertised as 1/4 inch, all pieces are that size. Because clean crushed rock does not pack down tightly, it is not ideal as a base. But it is great for new driveways or those with drainage problems. It also works well for decorative pathways, walkways, plant beds and flower beds.

If you’re unsure of which type to buy, ask a professional, particularly if you have problems such as excessive erosion, improper drainage or muddy conditions.

Crushed rock is typically sold by the cubic yard (27 square feet). Before you place an order, you’ll have to tourl=https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculat ... ulator.php]determine the square footage of the area you need to cover[/url] and how deep you want the rock to be. As a guideline, one cubic yard covers about 324 square feet, one inch deep. Similarly, it covers 162 square feet, 2 inches deep.

Video: 20 Tons of Stone Delivered

For your reference, this is what 20 tons of stone looks like:

[youtube]9Wmk5zmhiqs[/youtube]

Pea Gravel Cost
Expect to pay between around $35 per cubic yard or $40 to $45 per ton for pea gravel delivery. The price will decrease significantly for large quantities of pea gravel. If you are looking for a color other than gray, the cost will increase.

Pea gravel is a small hard stone that is about the size of a pea. The most common size is 3/8 inch. It is smooth and generally round with no sharp edges. It is frequently used in home gardening and decorative landscaping projects such as accenting flower beds and gardens.

Cost of Crushed Rock Delivery
The price of crushed rock depends on the type and size you select, and the amount. It is also heavily influenced by your geographic location. Prices in big cities are easily double what they are in many rural areas.
  • Minus crushed rock is less expensive, ranging from about $12-$35 per cubic yard, not including delivery or spreading.
  • Clean crushed rock usually ranges in price from $30-$50 per cubic yard, also not including delivery or spreading.
Delivery and spreading charges vary, too, but in many cases they will double the price. The more you order, however, the less per cubic yard delivery charges will be.

Source: https://www.kompareit.com/homeandgarden ... costs.html
hi hugbug
Jonathan Gupta wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:

sent :^)
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #605094

actioninja wrote:This user liked my changes until I said their projects sucked.
bro that's cringe
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #605095

damn, the quote pyramids y'all're building here put the ones in giza to shame.
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #605096

the amount of copium here would be enough to make a gas giant
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #605097

cSeal wrote:
Fikou wrote:
cSeal wrote:

MooCow12 wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
cSeal wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

Spoiler:
sincerely,
bobbah 'bee' brown
sent
actioninja wrote:
Whoneedspacee wrote:

YUUUUUUUGE if true
HI FIKOY
Fikou wrote:

Minus crushed rock costs $12-$35 per cubic yard while clean crushed rock costs $30-$50 per cubic yard. Delivery and spreading can double those prices. However, the more material you order, the less the total cost. Delivery is usually free of charge up to 10 miles.

Crushed rock is a type of gravel that has been mechanically broken down into small pieces and sorted by size. It is a highly versatile product, used for driveways, pathways, flower beds or as a base for concrete, pavers, asphalt, retaining walls, sheds or foundations.

Crushed rock is a very strong and durable material, and it offers great traction. It is available for delivery by the cubic yard, typically by landscaping supply companies that also sell products such as mulch, sand and soil.

There are two basic types of crushed rocks: minus and clean. Both are available in a variety of sizes and colors, but they are used differently.
  • Any crushed rock with the word minus in the description (3/4-inch minus, for example) will also contain smaller pieces of rock, dirt and/or sand. This type packs down tightly, making it ideal for established driveways without drainage problems, as well as a base material for porches, patios, walkways, driveways and the like.
  • Clean crushed rock does not have the smaller pieces of rock, dirt and/or sand. If it is advertised as 1/4 inch, all pieces are that size. Because clean crushed rock does not pack down tightly, it is not ideal as a base. But it is great for new driveways or those with drainage problems. It also works well for decorative pathways, walkways, plant beds and flower beds.

If you’re unsure of which type to buy, ask a professional, particularly if you have problems such as excessive erosion, improper drainage or muddy conditions.

Crushed rock is typically sold by the cubic yard (27 square feet). Before you place an order, you’ll have to tourl=https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculat ... .determine the square footage of the area you need to covero/url] and how deep you want the rock to be. As a guideline, one cubic yard covers about 324 square feet, one inch deep. Similarly, it covers 162 square feet, 2 inches deep.

Pea Gravel Cost
Expect to pay between around $35 per cubic yard or $40 to $45 per ton for pea gravel delivery. The price will decrease significantly for large quantities of pea gravel. If you are looking for a color other than gray, the cost will increase.

Pea gravel is a small hard stone that is about the size of a pea. The most common size is 3/8 inch. It is smooth and generally round with no sharp edges. It is frequently used in home gardening and decorative landscaping projects such as accenting flower beds and gardens.

The price of crushed rock depends on the type and size you select, and the amount. It is also heavily influenced by your geographic location. Prices in big cities are easily double what they are in many rural areas.
  • Minus crushed rock is less expensive, ranging from about $12-$35 per cubic yard, not including delivery or spreading.
  • Clean crushed rock usually ranges in price from $30-$50 per cubic yard, also not including delivery or spreading.
Delivery and spreading charges vary, too, but in many cases they will double the price. The more you order, however, the less per cubic yard delivery charges will be.

hi hugbug
Jonathan Gupta wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:

i already have hand simulator, we should actually play this in the tgstation vc
ATHATH wrote:damn, the quote pyramids y'all're building here put the ones in giza to shame.
me fikou and seal like keeping the message history so people can catch up!
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #605098

cSeal wrote:
Fikou wrote:
cSeal wrote:

MooCow12 wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
cSeal wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

Spoiler:
sincerely,
bobbah 'bee' brown
sent
actioninja wrote:
Whoneedspacee wrote:

YUUUUUUUGE if true
HI FIKOY
Fikou wrote:

Crushed rock is typically sold by the cubic yard (27 square feet). Before you place an order, you’ll have to tourl=https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculat ... .determine the square footage of the area you need to covero/url/ and how deep you want the rock to be. As a guideline, one cubic yard covers about 324 square feet, one inch deep. Similarly, it covers 162 square feet, 2 inches deep.

Pea Gravel Cost

hi hugbug
Jonathan Gupta wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:

i already have hand simulator, we should actually play this in the tgstation vc
ATHATH wrote:damn, the quote pyramids y'all're building here put the ones in giza to shame.
me armhulen and seal like keeping the message history so people can catch up!
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605099

Fikou wrote:

Crushed rock is typically sold by the cubic yard (27 square feet). Before you place an order, you’ll have to tourl=https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculat ... .determine the square footage of the area you need to covero/url/ and how deep you want the rock to be. As a guideline, one cubic yard covers about 324 square feet, one inch deep. Similarly, it covers 162 square feet, 2 inches deep.

pb]Video: 20 Tons of Stone Delivered[/b]

Pea Gravel Cost

hi hugbug
Jonathan Gupta wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:
Before you read: I am not targeting anyone in my post. This is a catharsis for me and you cannot simply water it down to target posting. It's a very complex story spanning years with my advice. People change, I know that personally. I am also terrible with words but I try.

The good

When I was a child, My family and teachers taught me to "Follow your dreams and work hard to achieve them." Uncountable people in this world, from ocean to ocean, have been told this simple yet powerful advice. Somehow, Some random, Cosmic events caused Exadv1 to exist to develop the base code of this game. Exadv1 put forth and worked on the idea of Space Station 13; That one in a million idea that created such an intoxicating game and eventually led to what I can only say is a masterpiece. I have played Space station 13 for nine years of my life. Nine years is a long time, which I regrettably, Should have used elsewhere but nonetheless, nine years well spent. This game only was made because of the hard work and dreams of Exadv1. When he released his code in 2006, This game developed multiple sub-communities of people coming together to create and play a two-dimensional space-man game. We've made this game, this community in all of their glory. Space station 13 has defined a genre and represented our dreams for almost two decades. No game even can touch the level of detail, Game design, or community that we have built together. I hope it goes on for many more decades. I want to look back at space station 13 as a good memory that got me through some hard times in my early life. This game placed a veil on the world through some of my worse times: losing my friend Andrew to cancer, my family to sickness, and the loss of friends and precious time I have left. And for this, I look highly upon this masterpiece and the countless joy and fun I've had with it.

The Bad

I joined this community in 2012 When I was a stupid twelve to thirteen-year-old child. I had stumbled upon something I could never understand at such an age. And thus, I had some problems developing in this community, Socially. I was in a very toxic place when I had begun. I began in ss13 by playing on Noxious Station and Facepunch because I started playing Garry's mod at a young age. If you know how kids are treated on Garry's Mod, you should see the appeal of the anonymous nature of Space Station 13. I always tried to act cool and "fit in," but it was clear that I was an underaged kid who lied about who they were to get some "cookie points." The communities I had started playing in 2012-2013 created a personal toxic mindset. This game thrived on toxic communities of liars, degenerates, and megalomaniacs. And me? I was just a dumb, impressionable kid who thought It was always ok to do these things, To Lie, To Cheat, and to try to fit in the false perception I had created of every community. When I finally got old enough to have my own email, I started the account "Alex."This was also the time I began to play YogStation. The hell I raised, The enemies made, The bridges burned, they were plentiful. This was the beginning creation of the "Alex mentality." The same mentality I still have problems with today. I always make enemies with people I think are there to hurt me or harm me, but more times than not, it's my fault. In 2013, I began playing Yogstation, and this was when the harassment and bullying from the admins and players began to solidify my mentality of people. It started as the typical "bully the kid for being on the internet," Then It got very personal to me. There was Doxxing from the owner, Personal daily harassment, and it made me feel alone and empty on the inside. To this day, it still does.

The Alex

When your early life develops, You have to deal with this harassment and bullying because, as everyone says, "They're just trying to get you angry." or "They're trying to make themselves feel better." This was not true in my case; My bullying was personal, the harassment was targeted and daily. They tried to gain an advantage over a lonely, sad child because they could, And these were older teenagers or adults; They were in every regard toxic and degenerate. I remember crying myself to sleep many nights and bottling up that anger and sadness, and I brought it to school. Friends who opened themselves entirely to me always made me feel some catharsis and removed those feelings of pure loneliness. These people I've known as true friends and I still play games with them and go out to exercise to this day! When my mentality developed, I had developed clashing ideas. I have always been nice to people but never trusted them. I could feel for people, but I showed no emotions. I could be nice to every stranger I met but never really mean it. I remember going to my aunt's funeral, and I never cried; I sat there quietly until it was over and not said or feeling a single thing. It made me more complex as an individual. This isn't saying I don't feel anything; I do. It's just more challenging for me. I wanted to tell my thoughts and feelings about this game and my situation because I have strong passions. I also want to say to those who are vulnerable that you are not alone. This is just the beginning of your long journey and you are strong, and you have humanity in your heart, so be strong. Be strong for those around you because they could be in the same situation. And for those who often speak against people to belittle their integrity, To make them feel low. You do not understand what you can do to people; You do not understand the change that can be caused by words alone. I stand as a beacon of change, and I'm still changing today, Always trying to better my mind, mentality, and body. Take what I say as advice and do not be like me; I was destined to be alone, friendless, and sad. This is my catharsis, Don't let your emotions build up and spill out; it takes far more work to put yourself together than to fall apart.
► Show Spoiler
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #605100

cSeal wrote:
Fikou wrote:

pb
Video: 20 Tons of Stone Delivered[/b]

Pea Gravel Cost

hi hugbug
Jonathan Gupta wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:
Before you read: I am not targeting anyone in my post. This is a catharsis for me and you cannot simply water it down to target posting. It's a very complex story spanning years with my advice. People change, I know that personally. I am also terrible with words but I try.

The good

When I was a child, My family and teachers taught me to "Follow your dreams and work hard to achieve them." Uncountable people in this world, from ocean to ocean, have been told this simple yet powerful advice. Somehow, Some random, Cosmic events caused Exadv1 to exist to develop the base code of this game. Exadv1 put forth and worked on the idea of Space Station 13; That one in a million idea that created such an intoxicating game and eventually led to what I can only say is a masterpiece. I have played Space station 13 for nine years of my life. Nine years is a long time, which I regrettably, Should have used elsewhere but nonetheless, nine years well spent. This game only was made because of the hard work and dreams of Exadv1. When he released his code in 2006, This game developed multiple sub-communities of people coming together to create and play a two-dimensional space-man game. We've made this game, this community in all of their glory. Space station 13 has defined a genre and represented our dreams for almost two decades. No game even can touch the level of detail, Game design, or community that we have built together. I hope it goes on for many more decades. I want to look back at space station 13 as a good memory that got me through some hard times in my early life. This game placed a veil on the world through some of my worse times: losing my friend Andrew to cancer, my family to sickness, and the loss of friends and precious time I have left. And for this, I look highly upon this masterpiece and the countless joy and fun I've had with it.

The Bad

I joined this community in 2012 When I was a stupid twelve to thirteen-year-old child. I had stumbled upon something I could never understand at such an age. And thus, I had some problems developing in this community, Socially. I was in a very toxic place when I had begun. I began in ss13 by playing on Noxious Station and Facepunch because I started playing Garry's mod at a young age. If you know how kids are treated on Garry's Mod, you should see the appeal of the anonymous nature of Space Station 13. I always tried to act cool and "fit in," but it was clear that I was an underaged kid who lied about who they were to get some "cookie points." The communities I had started playing in 2012-2013 created a personal toxic mindset. This game thrived on toxic communities of liars, degenerates, and megalomaniacs. And me? I was just a dumb, impressionable kid who thought It was always ok to do these things, To Lie, To Cheat, and to try to fit in the false perception I had created of every community. When I finally got old enough to have my own email, I started the account "Alex."This was also the time I began to play YogStation. The hell I raised, The enemies made, The bridges burned, they were plentiful. This was the beginning creation of the "Alex mentality." The same mentality I still have problems with today. I always make enemies with people I think are there to hurt me or harm me, but more times than not, it's my fault. In 2013, I began playing Yogstation, and this was when the harassment and bullying from the admins and players began to solidify my mentality of people. It started as the typical "bully the kid for being on the internet," Then It got very personal to me. There was Doxxing from the owner, Personal daily harassment, and it made me feel alone and empty on the inside. To this day, it still does.

The Alex

When your early life develops, You have to deal with this harassment and bullying because, as everyone says, "They're just trying to get you angry." or "They're trying to make themselves feel better." This was not true in my case; My bullying was personal, the harassment was targeted and daily. They tried to gain an advantage over a lonely, sad child because they could, And these were older teenagers or adults; They were in every regard toxic and degenerate. I remember crying myself to sleep many nights and bottling up that anger and sadness, and I brought it to school. Friends who opened themselves entirely to me always made me feel some catharsis and removed those feelings of pure loneliness. These people I've known as true friends and I still play games with them and go out to exercise to this day! When my mentality developed, I had developed clashing ideas. I have always been nice to people but never trusted them. I could feel for people, but I showed no emotions. I could be nice to every stranger I met but never really mean it. I remember going to my aunt's funeral, and I never cried; I sat there quietly until it was over and not said or feeling a single thing. It made me more complex as an individual. This isn't saying I don't feel anything; I do. It's just more challenging for me. I wanted to tell my thoughts and feelings about this game and my situation because I have strong passions. I also want to say to those who are vulnerable that you are not alone. This is just the beginning of your long journey and you are strong, and you have humanity in your heart, so be strong. Be strong for those around you because they could be in the same situation. And for those who often speak against people to belittle their integrity, To make them feel low. You do not understand what you can do to people; You do not understand the change that can be caused by words alone. I stand as a beacon of change, and I'm still changing today, Always trying to better my mind, mentality, and body. Take what I say as advice and do not be like me; I was destined to be alone, friendless, and sad. This is my catharsis, Don't let your emotions build up and spill out; it takes far more work to put yourself together than to fall apart.
Im having a little trouble reading this
retired ss13 coderman
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #605101

armhulen and seal, please stop being fucking bad faith actors that just derail the entirety of this thread, taking away from the ban discussion
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #605102

cSeal wrote:
joke’s on you, I can read and understand what am I saying, unlike yourself. the fact that you are having a mental breakdown over an unpaid janitorial intership tells me everything that I need to know. You’re just another banbot, who due to their inherent inferiority, keeps trying to justify an unfair ban that is:
1. Based on expired notes
2. Is not based on any logic when considering it’s length. “He caaNn aPPeAl iN SiX mOnThs!!!” Doesn’t fucking work when he’s still going to be at mercy of you lunatics.
3. Happened on an event that had no connection to the game as a whole.
4. Is justified by rule 1, which requires just unfathomable amounts of mental gymnastics to apply.

All in all, go clean the toilet and then rinse my balls, janitor.
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #605103

Fikou wrote:armhulen and seal, please stop being fucking bad faith actors that just derail the entirety of this thread, taking away from the ban discussion
You let the zonkerdoodle tenor cat gif drop, yet you're calling other people bad faith actors
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605104

Flatulent wrote:
cSeal wrote:
Anyway! You have a lot of potential as a new upcoming permanent admin. I would highly suggest taking your time with a-helps and being more patient with people in the future even when facing anger and mounting a-helps!
Thank you for understanding my frustration and accepting my apology, ill certainly consider your feedback in the future. Have a good one!
► Show Spoiler
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #605105

Armhulen wrote:
Fikou wrote:armhulen and seal, please stop being fucking bad faith actors that just derail the entirety of this thread, taking away from the ban discussion
You let the zonkerdoodle tenor cat gif drop, yet you're calling other people bad faith actors
oh my god you posted that you dirty little gremlin, dont accuse me mr trail derailer conducter fuckass
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #605106

Clearly you misunderstand my intentions. If you would like further explanation, please contact me in the form below.
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605107

► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #605108

what kind of animal is this?!
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #605109

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #605110

saddam hussein
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #605111

cSeal wrote:
Seriously though. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605113

Armhulen wrote:
cSeal wrote:
Seriously though. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS
Proboscoid
► Show Spoiler
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #605114

oranges wrote:saddam hussein
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605115

Snrrrrrk
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #605116

eek ekekekk eeeke ke snsnfnsnsnfns sksksrkrksk

Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #605117

cSeal wrote:Snrrrrrk
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #605118

actioninja wrote:Image
lol did you actually search THAT long for that

also what a fucking stretch

from "i think the lgbt community is more accepting" meaning more sympathetic with stuff like that to

"all of them are pedophiles"
Last edited by Whoneedspacee on Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
retired ss13 coderman
Nalzul
Byond Username: Blargety

Post by Nalzul » #605119

meeeeeeeeeww

cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605120

Whoneedspacee wrote:

Erm... Could you snip your post please? it kind of makes the thread hard to read when the message you're replying to clogs up half the screen... sorry...
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #605121

Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #605122

cSeal wrote:
Whoneedspacee wrote:

Erm... Could you snip your post please? it kind of makes the thread hard to read when the message you're replying to clogs up half the screen... sorry...
sorry what was that
retired ss13 coderman
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #605123

your entire arguement is “they are too smart to let that happen and you are wrong because you disagree with me!!!!!!”
already showing your intelligence as a member of the community, i see?
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #605124

Nalzul wrote:meeeeeeeeeww

me when i see that mf'er!!!!