Banned for reading open source code?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Banned for reading open source code?

Post by technokek » #604813

Bottom post of the previous page:

cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Re: Banned for reading open source code?

Post by cSeal » #605113

Armhulen wrote:
cSeal wrote:
Fikou wrote:armhulen and seal, please stop being fucking bad faith actors that just derail the entirety of this thread, taking away from the ban discussion
Seriously though. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS
Proboscoid
► Show Spoiler
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #605114

oranges wrote:saddam hussein
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605115

Snrrrrrk
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #605116

eek ekekekk eeeke ke snsnfnsnsnfns sksksrkrksk

Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #605117

cSeal wrote:Snrrrrrk
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #605118

actioninja wrote:Image
lol did you actually search THAT long for that

also what a fucking stretch

from "i think the lgbt community is more accepting" meaning more sympathetic with stuff like that to

"all of them are pedophiles"
Last edited by Whoneedspacee on Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
retired ss13 coderman
Nalzul
Byond Username: Blargety

Post by Nalzul » #605119

meeeeeeeeeww

cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605120

Whoneedspacee wrote:

Erm... Could you snip your post please? it kind of makes the thread hard to read when the message you're replying to clogs up half the screen... sorry...
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #605121

Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #605122

cSeal wrote:
Whoneedspacee wrote:

Erm... Could you snip your post please? it kind of makes the thread hard to read when the message you're replying to clogs up half the screen... sorry...
sorry what was that
retired ss13 coderman
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #605123

your entire arguement is “they are too smart to let that happen and you are wrong because you disagree with me!!!!!!”
already showing your intelligence as a member of the community, i see?
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #605124

Nalzul wrote:meeeeeeeeeww

me when i see that mf'er!!!!
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #605125

PAGE 5
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #605126

Armhulen wrote:Image
This can't be real Saddam would never do this
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #605128

from this point onward, no more shitposting please, only serious discussion about the ATHATH (Also known as ATH1909) permanent ban.
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605130

Fikou wrote:from this point onward, no more shitposting please, only serious discussion about the ATHATH (Also known as ATH1909) permanent ban.
Sorry... ill just go. Ive only made things worse. Im sorry...
► Show Spoiler
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #605131

Fikou wrote:from this point onward, no more shitposting please, only serious discussion about the ATHATH (Also known as ATH1909) permanent ban.
Of course no more quote posting.
retired ss13 coderman
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #605132

the bad faith actors glow in the dark you can see them if you're driving, you just run them over that's whatcha do

cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605133

Nalzul wrote:
CAW CAW CAW CWA CAW CAW CWA CAW CAW CWA CWA CAW CAW
Unprofessional behavior from a representative of the server. What is wrong with you?
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #605134

cSeal wrote:
Nalzul wrote:
Unprofessional behavior from a representative of the server. What is wrong with you?
pavlovian response
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #605135

Armhulen wrote:the bad faith actors glow in the dark you can see them if you're driving, you just run them over that's whatcha do

Yeah, as much as "Exploit abuse" should generally be the one thing that is a pretty easy and unambiguous ban

1) Why now, for a history of that, when he didn't do that? Is this really an appropriate tipping point for a rule 0 ban?

2) I'm not even kidding, the "Marth from Melee" thing while grabbing people at a distance is better than a lot of events/prayer responses. Funnier than a laughter demon, more entertaining to the player and crew than stuff like John Mongoose's robotics self-antagging or generic tide, etc.

3) Even if it weren't, the Marth note alleges to be about the naming conduct as part of the joke, NOT the exploit use itself. Is this suitable as evidence in favor of the ban's cause and severity?

When I admemed, my policy with serial problem-players was that there was never a need to stretch on a ban; if they were really a problem player, they would generate a suitable situation for an appropriately long/permanent ban without any need to exaggerate or bend, and rarely a need to rule 0 it.
Nalzul

Post by Nalzul » #605136

cSeal wrote:
Nalzul wrote:
your mom suck me good and hard thru my jorts
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #605137

Fikou wrote:
Armhulen wrote:the bad faith actors glow in the dark you can see them if you're driving, you just run them over that's whatcha do

Yeah, as much as "Exploit abuse" should generally be the one thing that is a pretty easy and unambiguous ban

1) Why now, for a history of that, when he didn't do that? Is this really an appropriate tipping point for a rule 0 ban?

2) I'm not even kidding, the "Marth from Melee" thing while grabbing people at a distance is better than a lot of events/prayer responses. Funnier than a laughter demon, more entertaining to the player and crew than stuff like John Mongoose's robotics self-antagging or generic tide, etc.

3) Even if it weren't, the Marth note alleges to be about the naming conduct as part of the joke, NOT the exploit use itself. Is this suitable as evidence in favor of the ban's cause and severity?

When I admemed, my policy with serial problem-players was that there was never a need to stretch on a ban; if they were really a problem player, they would generate a suitable situation for an appropriately long/permanent ban without any need to exaggerate or bend, and rarely a need to rule 0 it.
Stop posting in bad faith Fikou, absolutely unprofessional behavior from a representative of this server.
retired ss13 coderman
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #605138

what the llama doing??
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #605139

Qustinnus wrote:Image

what the llama doing??
hi floyd
retired ss13 coderman
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #605140

oh shit! a black spotted cuscus!

Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #605141

what the llama doing??
Athath tends to be at odds with the manuelmin/codermin elite just because hes an lrp player/coder that tries to draw from the sandbox nature of this game.
SS13 by design is inherently unbalanced and exploitable and so was the event. Yet there are admins and coders that cant accept that.
this thread is
horrific
this is one of the most annoying peanuts ive read yet
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605142

Armhulen wrote:oh shit! a black spotted cuscus!

EWW EWW FUCKING GROSS WHY DOES HE LOOK LIKE THAT FUCKING DISGUSTING
► Show Spoiler
Nalzul

Post by Nalzul » #605143

Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #605144

cSeal wrote:

EWW EWW FUCKING GROSS WHY DOES HE LOOK LIKE THAT FUCKING DISGUSTING
Thats a fucking SCP bro.
retired ss13 coderman
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #605145

he has penises for eyes
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #605146

cacogen wrote:he has penises for eyes
i am so sorry for posting black spotted cuscus
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605147

ATH is permabanned
The coders are returning to the forums
Nature is healing <3
► Show Spoiler
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #605148

THIS THREAD IS SPONSORED BY MODSUITS, COMING OUT IN 2021!
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605149

Armhulen wrote:
cacogen wrote:he has penises for eyes
i am so sorry for posting black spotted cuscus
Anyway! You have a lot of potential as a new upcoming permanent admin. I would highly suggest taking your time with a-helps and being more patient with people in the future even when facing black spotted cuscus and mounting penis eyes!
► Show Spoiler
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #605150

cacogen wrote:Before you read: I am not targeting anyone in my post. This is a catharsis for me and you cannot simply water it down to target posting. It's a very complex story spanning years with my advice. People change, I know that personally. I am also terrible with words but I try.

The good

When I was a child, My family and teachers taught me to "Follow your dreams and work hard to achieve them." Uncountable people in this world, from ocean to ocean, have been told this simple yet powerful advice. Somehow, Some random, Cosmic events caused Exadv1 to exist to develop the base code of this game. Exadv1 put forth and worked on the idea of Space Station 13; That one in a million idea that created such an intoxicating game and eventually led to what I can only say is a masterpiece. I have played Space station 13 for nine years of my life. Nine years is a long time, which I regrettably, Should have used elsewhere but nonetheless, nine years well spent. This game only was made because of the hard work and dreams of Exadv1. When he released his code in 2006, This game developed multiple sub-communities of people coming together to create and play a two-dimensional space-man game. We've made this game, this community in all of their glory. Space station 13 has defined a genre and represented our dreams for almost two decades. No game even can touch the level of detail, Game design, or community that we have built together. I hope it goes on for many more decades. I want to look back at space station 13 as a good memory that got me through some hard times in my early life. This game placed a veil on the world through some of my worse times: losing my friend Andrew to cancer, my family to sickness, and the loss of friends and precious time I have left. And for this, I look highly upon this masterpiece and the countless joy and fun I've had with it.

The Bad

I joined this community in 2012 When I was a stupid twelve to thirteen-year-old child. I had stumbled upon something I could never understand at such an age. And thus, I had some problems developing in this community, Socially. I was in a very toxic place when I had begun. I began in ss13 by playing on Noxious Station and Facepunch because I started playing Garry's mod at a young age. If you know how kids are treated on Garry's Mod, you should see the appeal of the anonymous nature of Space Station 13. I always tried to act cool and "fit in," but it was clear that I was an underaged kid who lied about who they were to get some "cookie points." The communities I had started playing in 2012-2013 created a personal toxic mindset. This game thrived on toxic communities of liars, degenerates, and megalomaniacs. And me? I was just a dumb, impressionable kid who thought It was always ok to do these things, To Lie, To Cheat, and to try to fit in the false perception I had created of every community. When I finally got old enough to have my own email, I started the account "Legoscape."This was also the time I began to play YogStation. The hell I raised, The enemies made, The bridges burned, they were plentiful. This was the beginning creation of the "Legoscape mentality." The same mentality I still have problems with today. I always make enemies with people I think are there to hurt me or harm me, but more times than not, it's my fault. In 2013, I began playing Yogstation, and this was when the harassment and bullying from the admins and players began to solidify my mentality of people. It started as the typical "bully the kid for being on the internet," Then It got very personal to me. There was Doxxing from the owner, Personal daily harassment, and it made me feel alone and empty on the inside. To this day, it still does.

The Legoscape

When your early life develops, You have to deal with this harassment and bullying because, as everyone says, "They're just trying to get you angry." or "They're trying to make themselves feel better." This was not true in my case; My bullying was personal, the harassment was targeted and daily. They tried to gain an advantage over a lonely, sad child because they could, And these were older teenagers or adults; They were in every regard toxic and degenerate. I remember crying myself to sleep many nights and bottling up that anger and sadness, and I brought it to school. Friends who opened themselves entirely to me always made me feel some catharsis and removed those feelings of pure loneliness. These people I've known as true friends and I still play games with them and go out to exercise to this day! When my mentality developed, I had developed clashing ideas. I have always been nice to people but never trusted them. I could feel for people, but I showed no emotions. I could be nice to every stranger I met but never really mean it. I remember going to my aunt's funeral, and I never cried; I sat there quietly until it was over and not said or feeling a single thing. It made me more complex as an individual. This isn't saying I don't feel anything; I do. It's just more challenging for me. I wanted to tell my thoughts and feelings about this game and my situation because I have strong passions. I also want to say to those who are vulnerable that you are not alone. This is just the beginning of your long journey and you are strong, and you have humanity in your heart, so be strong. Be strong for those around you because they could be in the same situation. And for those who often speak against people to belittle their integrity, To make them feel low. You do not understand what you can do to people; You do not understand the change that can be caused by words alone. I stand as a beacon of change, and I'm still changing today, Always trying to better my mind, mentality, and body. Take what I say as advice and do not be like me; I was destined to be alone, friendless, and sad. This is my catharsis, Don't let your emotions build up and spill out; it takes far more work to put yourself together than to fall apart.
What the hell are you talking about?
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #605151

Fikou wrote:
cacogen wrote:Before you read: I am not targeting anyone in my post. This is a catharsis for me and you cannot simply water it down to target posting. It's a very complex story spanning years with my advice. People change, I know that personally. I am also terrible with words but I try.

The good

When I was a child, My family and teachers taught me to "Follow your dreams and work hard to achieve them." Uncountable people in this world, from ocean to ocean, have been told this simple yet powerful advice. Somehow, Some random, Cosmic events caused Exadv1 to exist to develop the base code of this game. Exadv1 put forth and worked on the idea of Space Station 13; That one in a million idea that created such an intoxicating game and eventually led to what I can only say is a masterpiece. I have played Space station 13 for nine years of my life. Nine years is a long time, which I regrettably, Should have used elsewhere but nonetheless, nine years well spent. This game only was made because of the hard work and dreams of Exadv1. When he released his code in 2006, This game developed multiple sub-communities of people coming together to create and play a two-dimensional space-man game. We've made this game, this community in all of their glory. Space station 13 has defined a genre and represented our dreams for almost two decades. No game even can touch the level of detail, Game design, or community that we have built together. I hope it goes on for many more decades. I want to look back at space station 13 as a good memory that got me through some hard times in my early life. This game placed a veil on the world through some of my worse times: losing my friend Andrew to cancer, my family to sickness, and the loss of friends and precious time I have left. And for this, I look highly upon this masterpiece and the countless joy and fun I've had with it.

The Bad

I joined this community in 2012 When I was a stupid twelve to thirteen-year-old child. I had stumbled upon something I could never understand at such an age. And thus, I had some problems developing in this community, Socially. I was in a very toxic place when I had begun. I began in ss13 by playing on Noxious Station and Facepunch because I started playing Garry's mod at a young age. If you know how kids are treated on Garry's Mod, you should see the appeal of the anonymous nature of Space Station 13. I always tried to act cool and "fit in," but it was clear that I was an underaged kid who lied about who they were to get some "cookie points." The communities I had started playing in 2012-2013 created a personal toxic mindset. This game thrived on toxic communities of liars, degenerates, and megalomaniacs. And me? I was just a dumb, impressionable kid who thought It was always ok to do these things, To Lie, To Cheat, and to try to fit in the false perception I had created of every community. When I finally got old enough to have my own email, I started the account "Legoscape."This was also the time I began to play YogStation. The hell I raised, The enemies made, The bridges burned, they were plentiful. This was the beginning creation of the "Legoscape mentality." The same mentality I still have problems with today. I always make enemies with people I think are there to hurt me or harm me, but more times than not, it's my fault. In 2013, I began playing Yogstation, and this was when the harassment and bullying from the admins and players began to solidify my mentality of people. It started as the typical "bully the kid for being on the internet," Then It got very personal to me. There was Doxxing from the owner, Personal daily harassment, and it made me feel alone and empty on the inside. To this day, it still does.

The Legoscape

When your early life develops, You have to deal with this harassment and bullying because, as everyone says, "They're just trying to get you angry." or "They're trying to make themselves feel better." This was not true in my case; My bullying was personal, the harassment was targeted and daily. They tried to gain an advantage over a lonely, sad child because they could, And these were older teenagers or adults; They were in every regard toxic and degenerate. I remember crying myself to sleep many nights and bottling up that anger and sadness, and I brought it to school. Friends who opened themselves entirely to me always made me feel some catharsis and removed those feelings of pure loneliness. These people I've known as true friends and I still play games with them and go out to exercise to this day! When my mentality developed, I had developed clashing ideas. I have always been nice to people but never trusted them. I could feel for people, but I showed no emotions. I could be nice to every stranger I met but never really mean it. I remember going to my aunt's funeral, and I never cried; I sat there quietly until it was over and not said or feeling a single thing. It made me more complex as an individual. This isn't saying I don't feel anything; I do. It's just more challenging for me. I wanted to tell my thoughts and feelings about this game and my situation because I have strong passions. I also want to say to those who are vulnerable that you are not alone. This is just the beginning of your long journey and you are strong, and you have humanity in your heart, so be strong. Be strong for those around you because they could be in the same situation. And for those who often speak against people to belittle their integrity, To make them feel low. You do not understand what you can do to people; You do not understand the change that can be caused by words alone. I stand as a beacon of change, and I'm still changing today, Always trying to better my mind, mentality, and body. Take what I say as advice and do not be like me; I was destined to be alone, friendless, and sad. This is my catharsis, Don't let your emotions build up and spill out; it takes far more work to put yourself together than to fall apart.
What the hell are you talking about?
This is what SS13 does to people, your maliciousness and unprofessionalism is just now being exposed Fikou. Prepare to face justice.
retired ss13 coderman
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #605152

actioninja wrote:
are you implying that these elements dont exist in the community
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #605153

nice to see off-topic almost living up to the hut's legacy providing a place for forum warriors, admins and coders to make complete tits of themselves. God speed gentlemen and can I get a quote on some gravel prices?
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #605154

⚠️ YOU ARE ENTERING THE ANIMAL REPOSITORY ⚠️
Armhulen wrote:eek ekekekk eeeke ke snsnfnsnsnfns sksksrkrksk

cSeal wrote:Sfff sfff plbt snrt schlop schlop

Nalzul wrote:

what the llama doing??

Nalzul wrote:Image
cSeal wrote:
Fikou wrote:armhulen and seal, please stop being fucking bad faith actors that just derail the entirety of this thread, taking away from the ban discussion
⚠️ YOU ARE EXITING THE ANIMAL REPOSITORY ⚠️
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #605155

Armhulen wrote:⚠️ YOU ARE ENTERING THE ANIMAL REPOSITORY ⚠️

cSeal wrote:Sfff sfff plbt snrt schlop schlop

Nalzul wrote:

what the llama doing??

Nalzul wrote:Image
cSeal wrote:
⚠️ YOU ARE EXITING THE ANIMAL REPOSITORY ⚠️
this is becoming quite difficult to read my good man
retired ss13 coderman
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #605156

cSeal wrote:ATH is permabanned
The coders are returning to the forums
Nature is healing <3
you call this healing? you call this NATURE?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #605160

please edit your copies of "animal repository" to remove the double elephant rat i am so sorry i only know trunk development
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #605161

(get it? trunk development? elephant rat? please remove the double elephant rat from your copy of "animal repository")
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #605162

if athath gets unbanned can he bring back magicarps of change

I miss ash drake xenobio end game
► Show Spoiler
Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Post by Critawakets » #605163

Armhulen wrote: you call this healing? you call this NATURE?
*crunch* delicious
am gud enineering
scrungo
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #605164

Shadowflame909 wrote:if athath gets unbanned can he bring back magicarps of change

I miss ash drake xenobio end game
nope no fun allowed go back to banned jail
retired ss13 coderman
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605165

Armhulen wrote:(get it? trunk development? elephant rat? please remove the double elephant rat from your copy of "animal repository")
Hi armhulen! hi!
► Show Spoiler
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #605166

terranaut wrote:
actioninja wrote:
are you implying that these elements dont exist in the community
yes they are trying really hard to do that.
b****o says hi
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #605167

i love that out of all of the discord screenshots the saddam hussein one made it to page 5
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #605168

Armhulen wrote:i love that out of all of the discord screenshots the saddam hussein one made it to page 5
i can transfer more here if you would like