THE EVENT KEEPS GOING ON AND ON PEANUT

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

THE EVENT KEEPS GOING ON AND ON PEANUT

Post by Domitius » #607427

We learn from these experiences and will strive to do better next time. Lets celebrate the events memory and not continue dragging people through the mud.

The round is over now. Lets move on and not take everything so seriously.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 23&t=29485
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: THE EVENT KEEPS GOING ON AND ON PEANUT

Post by Malkraz » #607428

ur next dom
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #607430

looks like something that should have been hashed out in #adminbus, I don't see the complaint failing but I also don't see it ending in anything more then a bunch of slapped wrists with a reminder of some basic admin events etiquette. I suppose it'll be nice for forum regulars to see it play out formally.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #607432

Gigapuddi420 wrote:looks like something that should have been hashed out in #adminbus, I don't see the complaint failing but I also don't see it ending in anything more then a bunch of slapped wrists with a reminder of some basic admin events etiquette. I suppose it'll be nice for forum regulars to see it play out formally.
A lot of people agreed that something like this needs to be discussed out in the open.

As I said in my original post I don't want anything to happen beyond headmins saying "Yes this shouldn't have happened, don't do it again in the future."

I wanted this to be a policy discussion but I was informed that the rules cover the incident described and therefore it has to be a complaint.

The complaint was delayed in part because I hoped that once passions fell that cooler heads would prevail.

I have a lot of respect and appreciation for the people named in the complaint, I put effort into not making it into a big dramatic thing. Still, this is something that must be addressed. Events need to be respected.
Last edited by RaveRadbury on Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #607433

I can respect that and I agree with people saying existing rules already cover it. Wouldn't hurt as a reminder.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #607435

I wasn't aware of all the loops Rave was having to jump to try and start the conversation. I still don't like the outcome but I understand the logic that guided their hand.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #607454

Positively wasted but i support my domitius 10:10 woo woo!!!! Hi gigapuddi!!
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #607456

the event that keeps on giving
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #607466

uuuuuuuuu

on hand, i'm glad that this thread exists

on the other hand, I'm going to have to respond to it.

maybe I shouldn't have retired from events
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #607468

I just want to say that Rave is a genius for leaving all the names of the admins the complaint is about in the logs. It's a good way to peanut-proof the discussion, since if you're not an admin even glancing at logs causes the eyes to glaze over and the brain to decay.

Something about that bright green hue and that over-detailed time-stamping on every mouse movement makes one wonder what it feels like to deepthroat a chainsaw.
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #607491

this is just good ammunition to use for reducing the list of admins on the event server to people I respect
CastorTroy23
Byond Username: CastorTroy23

Post by CastorTroy23 » #607516

crybaby
Sparkezel
Byond Username: SparkezelPL

Post by Sparkezel » #607518

Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #607521

sinfulbliss wrote:I just want to say that Rave is a genius for leaving all the names of the admins the complaint is about in the logs. It's a good way to peanut-proof the discussion, since if you're not an admin even glancing at logs causes the eyes to glaze over and the brain to decay.

Something about that bright green hue and that over-detailed time-stamping on every mouse movement makes one wonder what it feels like to deepthroat a chainsaw.
dont worry the logs make our eyes glaze over too, which is one of the reasons I tell people to write less in appeals
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #607522

Sparkezel wrote:-snip-
this is genuinely hilarious
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #607523

domi is next to get cancelled
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Yenwodyah
Byond Username: Yenwodyah
Github Username: Yenwodyah

Post by Yenwodyah » #607525

Seasonal events are cringe as fuck and so is anyone who attends them
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #607526

Yenwodyah wrote:Seasonal events are cringe as fuck and so is anyone who attends them
:omegalul:

pathetic
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #607527

None of this even matters anyway because if there was someone actually willing to step up and organize the next event, they would have already stepped forward. I put in by far the most amount of legwork in towards making the event possible of anyone involved other than citrus himself, and I can assure you that large gap between people's stated enthusiasm for contributing to the event and their willingness to actually put in the work needed on it was not lost on either of us.

You know what the grand punchline for this thread is? It was made by someone who wasn't even involved with producing/running the event, and the only thing it's going to accomplish is yanking citrus back into the spotlight to deal with the incredibly uncomfortable job of publicly passing judgement on other admins over something that he was happy to have wrapped up and moved on from 3 weeks ago.

This whole complaint is a farce, there will be no further events for the foreseeable future, leave citrus in peace.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #607528

Shaps-cloud wrote:None of this even matters anyway because if there was someone actually willing to step up and organize the next event, they would have already stepped forward. I put in by far the most amount of legwork in towards making the event possible of anyone involved other than citrus himself, and I can assure you that large gap between people's stated enthusiasm for contributing to the event and their willingness to actually put in the work needed on it was not lost on either of us.

You know what the grand punchline for this thread is? It was made by someone who wasn't even involved with producing/running the event, and the only thing it's going to accomplish is yanking citrus back into the spotlight to deal with the incredibly uncomfortable job of publicly passing judgement on other admins over something that he was happy to have wrapped up and moved on from 3 weeks ago.

This whole complaint is a farce, there will be no further events for the foreseeable future, leave citrus in peace.
Citrus has already expressed interest in the thread. He's a big boy and he can handle it.

In regards to contributing to the event, if you check logs you'll see that I was doing ticket and interview work during the entire event (like I've been doing every event since I was adminnined). It's how I witnessed the issues in the first place. I've been working on the events team for about a year now. While my contributions are not huge, I did some of the organizational work for the last toolbox tournament, and I have ran tickets every time. I was the one who worked with Bobbah to test the interview system during the summer ball last year.

Members of the events team have expressed appreciation for me taking the time to put the thread up, especially considering how wiped out they are from the event and how nobody wants to be the one to have to do this kind of uptight unpopular thing.

I believe that there will be events in the future, and we need to take care of stuff like this for future ones.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #607530

After speaking privately with rave, I've returned to my senses and see that I was firing far too hot on that post
Rave has a legitimate interest in improving the state of our future events and preventing the harassment that some of the people involved with the complaint have faced from outsiders, and it wasn't cool of me to unleash my unrelated frustrations about the event on them
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #607531

chad rave privately threatening to knock out shaps so he would change his mind (sigma male vs beta)
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #607534

wesoda25 wrote:Positively wasted but i support my domitius 10:10 woo woo!!!! Hi gigapuddi!!
Come back.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #607537

jaywalking admin complaint
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #607635

Uhh what to say
Nothing? Hahahaha like that'll ever happen... :) :capgun:

So I feel like, it's okay if events are a bit fucky admin-abusey wucky because clearly there is a lack of interest in running and making events, so tightening the leash on admins and creating consequences for little fuckups during events might just exacerbate that issue.

On the other hand the size of the balls it must take to file a complaint against like 10 members of your own admin team is likely too large to fit in Fikou's hard-drive (but that's okay because he and Nameless got themselves out under le radar through super sneak Discord-fu beforehand anywayz).
Spoiler:
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #607644

sinfulbliss wrote:Uhh what to say

So I feel like, it's okay if events are a bit fucky admin-abusey wucky because clearly there is a lack of interest in running and making events, so tightening the leash on admins and creating consequences for little fuckups during events might just exacerbate that issue.

On the other hand the size of the balls it must take to file a complaint against like 10 members of your own admin team is likely too large to fit in Fikou's hard-drive (but that's okay because he and Nameless got themselves out under le radar through super sneak Discord-fu beforehand anywayz).
The issue at hand was other admins stepping on an event that wasn't theirs, and by doing so, breaking admin conduct rules
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #607650

MortoSasye wrote:

The issue at hand was other admins stepping on an event that wasn't theirs, and by doing so, breaking admin conduct rules
Yeah. But what if all the admins get scared and no more events happen :-(
Spoiler:
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #607651

sinfulbliss wrote:
MortoSasye wrote:

That's very unlikely :> The events do take a lot of work and are very time-consuming to make, but in the end they're fun to work on and seeing players have fun with them makes it worthwhile.
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #607652

Domitius wrote:The round is over now. Lets move on and not take everything so seriously.[/url]

BAN REQUESTS WHEN???
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #607653

sinfulbliss wrote:
MortoSasye wrote:

If anything this encourages them to run events more, since the complaint is directed to those disrupting and going against event runners' decisions.

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #607661

Even if there was never a seasonal event ever again the thread is still good for regular events. The joke used to be that if you saw a bunch of admins on you could rest assured your round was about to be ruined by one admin doing the event followed by all the others “helping”.

Not to say any of these people did that but it’s good to hold feet to the fire if you think conduct is being broken.

One thing I will say is that even if each and every one had permission to do what they did, it still came off as fairly disruptive. Like if this was any other event you’d be asking the event runner if you could do X, the same should have really applied here.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #607681

how did a megaphone and ooc message ruin the ""event""
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #607686

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:how did a megaphone and ooc message ruin the ""event""
You're the first one to say anything about the event being "ruined" (Cobby was just mentioning a funny saying).

Complaint was made to shed light in the subject of admins that aren't running the event stepping out of line and interfering with it, which is what happened.

So basically, if the position of event runner is given to x admins, then that's final, and others shouldn't be using their admin privileges to voice their discomfort and/or boicot the ER actions with further announcements, votes, etc.

In the end we see that these actions ended up pushing the event runner/s to twist their arm due to pressure, which is fucking uncool.

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #607688

it was announced to admins before the event not to use admin tools to during the event unless they had applied to be part of the event staff

There is some confusion as to what constitutes an admin tool. does responding to ahelps count? does talking in ooc while ooc is disabled count? does joining while above the popcap bypassing it as admin count? does using the same announcement system the event staff were using count? does spawning in harmless items count? does spawning in yourself but not actually touching event outside of say count?
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #607696

MrStonedOne wrote:
it was announced to admins before the event not to use admin tools to during the event unless they had applied to be part of the event staff

There is some confusion as to what constitutes an admin tool. does responding to ahelps count? does talking in ooc while ooc is disabled count? does joining while above the popcap bypassing it as admin count? does using the same announcement system the event staff were using count? does spawning in harmless items count? does spawning in yourself but not actually touching event outside of say count?
i think just using common sense responds to all the questions
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #607700

I wrote so much on it and I never wanna read ever again.
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #607720

In general if you are doing something as a DM and not something for the purpose of rules you should pick permission over forgiveness in reference to assisting the event. I think that should be fairly straightforward
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #607738

MrStonedOne wrote: it was announced to admins before the event not to use admin tools to during the event unless they had applied to be part of the event staff
Oh. Damn.

MrStonedOne wrote: There is some confusion as to what constitutes an admin tool. does responding to ahelps count? does talking in ooc while ooc is disabled count? does joining while above the popcap bypassing it as admin count? does using the same announcement system the event staff were using count? does spawning in harmless items count? does spawning in yourself but not actually touching event outside of say count?
No; no unless message is subversive of round; no; yes unless the event staff allow it; no as long as they're truly harmless; no
Then again you could make this easier and just say everything is an admin tool unless it was said it's allowed by event staff beforehand.
Spoiler:
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #607870

The real wonder is why the other contestant wasn't immediately disqualified for not giving a shit about the spirit of competition. Immediately running to use a hatchet in a competition like that is the embodiment of players we shouldn't want to have around.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Twaticus

Post by TWATICUS » #607872

spirit of deez nuts if its in the map its completely fair to assume youre allowed to use it hello??
ImageImageImage
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #608004

cybersaber101 wrote:The real wonder is why the other contestant wasn't immediately disqualified for not giving a shit about the spirit of competition. Immediately running to use a hatchet in a competition like that is the embodiment of players we shouldn't want to have around.
lol
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #608005

today I will respond to thread <= clueless
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #608006

Fikou wrote:
cybersaber101 wrote:The real wonder is why the other contestant wasn't immediately disqualified for not giving a shit about the spirit of competition. Immediately running to use a hatchet in a competition like that is the embodiment of players we shouldn't want to have around.
lol
manuelmins still coping after a month
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #608009

I imagine the amount of drama that could've been avoided if only the last round of the tournament put both the competitors in a rage cage, with a bat on each side, instead of a "botany" contest, lol.

Whose idea was to get creative anyway???

cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #608047

they laugh but it's still amazingly lame to run and grab a hatchet in a botanist vs botanist match.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #608081

ok I did it it's over now
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #608118

So relieved that headmins have allowed this to be a policy discussion, now I just have to figure out what I'm going to rewrite the OP to. :?